AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Kagaku no Railgun

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Kagaku no Railgun - Episode 2 Rating
Perfect 10 16 15.24%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 15 14.29%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 22 20.95%
7 out of 10 : Good 27 25.71%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 5.71%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 4 3.81%
4 out of 10 : Poor 8 7.62%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.95%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.95%
1 out of 10 : Painful 5 4.76%
Voters: 105. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2009-10-12, 08:07   Link #201
Mentar
Banned

Where's this 12 episode rumor coming from? I kinda doubt that it's true, since almost all J.C.Staff productions are 2-seasons.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-12, 08:17   Link #202
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Namihana View Post
Railgun only has one arc...right?
The manga is well into its second arc.
Old 2009-10-12, 08:20   Link #203
Namihana
Soul Driller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
The manga is well into its second arc.
Really?? Woah, how did I miss that? News to me.

I better do some digging then.
Namihana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-12, 08:26   Link #204
Joe_fh

The manga has only one translated arc and the 3 extra chapters chapters translated. The second arc has already started I think (If Shinji103 says it has than it probably has) but isn't translated yet. They'll start translating it when the whole volume is out and that will be the 27th this month I think. As to when the whole volume will be translated I have no idea. I'm not really sure if you can even find raws of it though.

And the 12 episode rumor seems to coming from ANN though they always say it's 12 when they don't know how long it's going to be so it's not reliable info. The problem is there's nothing official on the episode count.
Joe_fh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-12, 09:07   Link #205
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_fh View Post
The manga has only one translated arc and the 3 extra chapters chapters translated. The second arc has already started I think (If Shinji103 says it has than it probably has) but isn't translated yet. They'll start translating it when the whole volume is out and that will be the 27th this month I think. As to when the whole volume will be translated I have no idea. I'm not really sure if you can even find raws of it though.
The second arc,
Spoiler for -ish; not REALLY a spoiler, just the arc name:
, started in chapter 18. That's not an unusual misunderstanding; a bunch of manga readers I know also thought the manga ended with volume 3, but it didn't. It's still ongoing. And the raws are available, that's how I have them.
Old 2009-10-12, 09:09   Link #206
Namihana
Soul Driller

Well, more Mikoto for us then! ^^

I'll have to patiently wait for this one then.
Namihana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-12, 09:26   Link #207
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
I sure hope that beginning with ep3, we're delving into the level upper arc without turning Kuroko (who in my opinion is the MVP and real star of the Railgun franchise) into more of a mere caricature than they already did ^_^;
Amen to that. Mikto is Mikoto but Kuroko is the soul of this series
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-12, 10:30   Link #208
Joe_fh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
The second arc,
Spoiler for -ish; not REALLY a spoiler, just the arc name:
, started in chapter 18. That's not an unusual misunderstanding; a bunch of manga readers I know also thought the manga ended with volume 3, but it didn't. It's still ongoing. And the raws are available, that's how I have them.
Well I don't look at raws since I don't know Japanese but I do know the manga isn't over. I just didn't know what the new arc was about since as I said I don't read raws and it isn't translated yet.

So the're doing an arc that explains those events from another point of view? Interesting indeed. Well I'll be waiting for the translations either way.
By my calculations (sounds funny, I know) The arc should end soon though right?
Joe_fh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-12, 11:03   Link #209
Laxe

Well for what it's worth I enjoyed the first two episodes of Railgun. I in fact had missed Index and went back to watch it after watching the first episode of Railgun last week but honestly, I got more enjoyment out of the two episodes of Railgun compared to the 9 episodes of Index that I've watched so far. Yes the second episode was pretty plotless but I still enjoyed it more than the second episode of Index.
Laxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-12, 12:12   Link #210
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Where's this 12 episode rumor coming from? I kinda doubt that it's true, since almost all J.C.Staff productions are 2-seasons.
Well it could be like ZnT. 12 episodes for one season and then look how well it does and if it does good do another 12 episode season.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-12, 12:21   Link #211
rg4619

Quote:
Where's this 12 episode rumor coming from?
This info is always gleaned from broadcasting schedules:
http://cal.syoboi.jp/tid/1730#147114

However, the schedules are often incomplete at the start (and they don't cover the following season, so we can't always tell if the series carries over). As you can see, a 13th episode has already been added to the listing.
rg4619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-12, 12:35   Link #212
rg4619

Quote:
To make it short and sweet: Funny episode on its own which was completely misplaced as episode 2. Why? Because this is when you're supposed to make your case for the plot of your show. Instead, we got sidetracked.
In depends on how much plot they have to cover within the allotted time. Structurally, you don't want to reveal the core story early, only to ease off for long stretches before returning toward the end.

Also, are they even going to cover beyond the first arc? For composition reasons again, they might just cut it off there (which gives them one main focus and one series climax).

One strategy might be to frontload the character interaction and slice-of-load content (perhaps some one-shot episodic action bits too) and then lead into the main story as the series progresses.
rg4619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-12, 12:43   Link #213
darkmaster074
------

Quote:
yeah i heard of it

12 ep but index have 24 ep

seriously man WTF
darkmaster074 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-12, 12:58   Link #214
Nayrael
The Faceless One

Send a message via MSN to Nayrael
It will have around 14 episodes at most, IMO. That is enough time to complete the first arc and since the 2nd arc in manga just started and is far from finished, animating it in this season would be a terrible decision.
Old 2009-10-12, 13:07   Link #215
darkmaster074
------

after To Aru Kagaku no Railgun end is there will be index season 2
Old 2009-10-12, 13:24   Link #216
Nayrael
The Faceless One

Send a message via MSN to Nayrael
Most probably. The end of Season 1 showed characters that will appear later on. And once season 2 of Index ends, we are probably getting Railgun Season 2. At that time, 2nd arc should be complete.
(will there be season 3's remains to be seen... there is enough source material for 3rd season of Index, but that does not guarantee that J.C. Staff will animate it)

Ah yes, and as a side-note: you can say that the true plot of Index starts with the first arc of season 2. So look forward to it.
Old 2009-10-12, 13:33   Link #217
darkmaster074
------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayrael View Post
Most probably. The end of Season 1 showed characters that will appear later on. And once season 2 of Index ends, we are probably getting Railgun Season 2. At that time, 2nd arc should be complete.
(will there be season 3's remains to be seen... there is enough source material for 3rd season of Index, but that does not guarantee that J.C. Staff will animate it)

Ah yes, and as a side-note: you can say that the true plot of Index starts with the first arc of season 2. So look forward to it.
ok thanks man
Old 2009-10-12, 13:42   Link #218
LaoED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayrael View Post

I was actually hoping Index Season 2 to start, despite all the ratings the first one had
LaoED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-12, 14:26   Link #219
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

I know relentlessflame already left, but maybe I should call him back... The past page or two is scattered with terms and information on the manga events... And I swear relentlessflame warned the thread once...

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-12, 16:27   Link #220
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lummie View Post
Talk about having a obsession....

Spoiler for Kuroko's photoalbum:

I gave the ep a 7/10 because of the "Kuroko moments". They are getting too long and i wish they would start already with the story plot instead of focussing on Kuroko's hentai fantasies.
I thought pictures of Misaki were quite cute yea well besides the whole take pictures without someone knowledge and god knows what she did with the pictures when she was um alone but yea then making an album out of it was a bit stalkerish but other than that the pictures themselves were nice.

I must say i had tears in my eyes doing the pantie skit while they going through Kuroko's taste in undergarments but then when we saw Misaki's panties omg i lost it. lol