AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Angel Beats!

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-04-08, 21:03   Link #601
Tiger5913

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dist View Post
And this is why I hate living in Finland ... you can't find like, anything you want in here. That includes body pillows, they are seriously just not sold anywhere. And finding shop with international shipping .. Yeah, there are none except HLJ for expensive cospa pillow or Ebay for cheap quality pillow.

And about SAL .. well if you pay with paypal I think you can get a refund if your package is lost by placing a dispute through their website, but even so it bothers me when I don't know where my package is going at. Plus these items are something that run out of stock fast so if I wait 2-3 weeks for my package and never get it, then I issue a dispute and get refund within 4 weeks, I probably won't find the cover for sale anymore.
If you make connections to someone outside of your country, you could get a better body pillow. What are the rules of international shipping? Maybe one of your friends in the States can ship you a body pillow.

Really? Hmmm... I like the tracking thing myself. And yeah, Angel Beats! stuff sell out fast, so you need to get them secured ASAP.
Old 2011-04-08, 22:34   Link #602
Duckys
Quackers.

Unless Bed Bath and Beyond just recently started to sell body pillows that actually FIT the pillow cover... I'm inclined to believe that they still do not have the correct size of 150/155cm x 50cm or 20in x60in.

As for shipments, sure, SAL Small Packet is slow; but its always been reliable for me... have yet to lose anything in the mail and I've been using it since I started purchasing goods from Japan. It just takes about 2 weeks to get here. EMS takes under a week, but I ended up paying upwards of 40-50 bucks to ship it using EMS.

Anyways, the new Kanade body pillowcase... is it worth buying? AmiAmi still has a crapload of stock left and I don't know whether I should get it now or later.

Fujibayashi Ryou (referring to her fortune telling):
If the results come true, it’s as if there’s only one future.
But if it fails, we can think that other futures exist.
We never know how the future shifts because of the slightest change.
I want to believe that in our future, there are many possibilities waiting.
Ryou is underrated. She deserves more respect.
Old 2011-04-08, 23:57   Link #603
Tiger5913

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckys View Post
Unless Bed Bath and Beyond just recently started to sell body pillows that actually FIT the pillow cover... I'm inclined to believe that they still do not have the correct size of 150/155cm x 50cm or 20in x60in.

As for shipments, sure, SAL Small Packet is slow; but its always been reliable for me... have yet to lose anything in the mail and I've been using it since I started purchasing goods from Japan. It just takes about 2 weeks to get here. EMS takes under a week, but I ended up paying upwards of 40-50 bucks to ship it using EMS.

Anyways, the new Kanade body pillowcase... is it worth buying? AmiAmi still has a crapload of stock left and I don't know whether I should get it now or later.
Well, the body pillows there are smaller in length, yes, but they are firm. I hate the flimsy crap that folds over. At least these body pillows can stand on their own. It's a good deal for the price. If you want a large body pillow that fits the exact size, then you'll need to pay a lot more.

It depends on how much stuff you get... My friend says that when the weight passes a certain amount, it's more worthwhile to ship using EMS than SAL. And she prefers SAL over EMS on a consistent basis.
Old 2011-04-09, 10:11   Link #604
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
I've never lost anything in mail either and I usually buy from Japan. Have been doing so for about 2 years now .. But that's mostly because for SAL it's cheap even if you buy heavy stuff ... The pillow cover is very light so even with EMS it shouldn't be much more expensive and like I said, I would hate if my package got lost and wouldn't be able to get a new one like with these limited goods. ( Though AmiAmi seems to have a lot of stock left for some reason .. )

My pillow is exactly as you described Tiger, flimsy crap that folds over . I want a firm one but .. to no avail. Buying an official one would be good since they're made in Japan by Cospa they will most likely be the exact size they should be. Mine isn't exactly as long as the pillow covers either .. Well I guess I'll save some money and buy one from HLJ when I can. I had a look actually and they weren't as expensive as I remembered ... 4500Yen for one ... Only that, shipping cost is about the same at cheapest >.<. SAL is here the most expensive shipping choice but I think it's because of the size, not weight.

As for EMS Vs. SAL ... I had a look at some charts and your friend is wrong. EMS will be always more expensive than SAL. Only that when ordering with SAL, the max weight is 5kg and with EMS it's 30kg.
Old 2011-05-13, 06:35   Link #605
Revan21

Limited versions of the BeachQueens pair

Kanade comes in black swimsuit (who needs it when the white is the original?) while Yurippe has a blue watergun instead of yellow.
Old 2011-05-23, 14:01   Link #606
Revan21

GSC Tenshi's release has been delayed until June

Tenshi plush is coming in August 2011, for 3000yen

Old 2011-05-27, 01:55   Link #607
Revan21

The 24th Prize Fair had some new AB merchandise too

FuRyu Tenshis

Quite mediocre, as always.

Tenshi bed sheets (probably from FuRyu for 1500yen)

Definitely Want both!!!

More stuff here

Last edited by Revan21; 2011-05-27 at 03:39.
Old 2011-06-02, 08:37   Link #608
Tiger5913

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revan21 View Post
The 24th Prize Fair had some new AB merchandise too

FuRyu Tenshis

Quite mediocre, as always.

Tenshi bed sheets (probably from FuRyu for 1500yen)

Definitely Want both!!!

More stuff here
Holy crap... Do want... O_O

How do we get a hold of this new merchandise? >.>
Old 2011-06-03, 10:27   Link #609
Revan21

The release date for these is 2011/10-11, so they are probably not up for pre-order yet.

You can get the figures at every common webshop (HLJ, AmiAmi, HobbyStock) but they usually don't sell the other stuff.

For those try Toyslogic, Otacute, Big In Japan
Old 2011-06-09, 14:18   Link #610
Revan21

GSC Tenshi is getting released on 06/14

Mikatan Blog
Moeyo
Old 2011-06-25, 20:12   Link #611
Tiger5913

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revan21 View Post
The release date for these is 2011/10-11, so they are probably not up for pre-order yet.

You can get the figures at every common webshop (HLJ, AmiAmi, HobbyStock) but they usually don't sell the other stuff.

For those try Toyslogic, Otacute, Big In Japan
Got 'em on AmiAmi! They're selling the figurines and bed sheets!
Old 2011-06-27, 10:31   Link #612
Kishin
Hanyuu's #1 Fan

>.> shit... I managed to order GSC Tenshi 1/8 the day before amiami sold out the second time and just got the order confirmation mail. Shipping is a good 20$ or so which is a few $ out of my price range >< gotta hope someone gives me some money celebrating my graduation or else ima have to borrow money.
First time I saw the thing I thought 'oh thats awsome! love to have it but I dont wanna spend that much' as I was about to close the page I noticed the hands clasped infront of her heart and knew I needed it at all costs now.. Gotta scrounge 7$ by the 4th at all costs

edit: surprisingly I got almost 400$ so I guess Tenshi is gunna be comin to my house

Last edited by Kishin; 2011-07-03 at 19:24.
Old 2011-07-08, 22:49   Link #613
HinataShou

Old 2011-07-23, 08:29   Link #614
hanasanaide

ah..i would've love to order but damn..
Old 2011-07-23, 19:40   Link #615
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

The Kanade merchandise is out of control My wallet can't hope to pay for any of these with everything else I'm buying.
Old 2011-07-24, 19:34   Link #616
Kishin
Hanyuu's #1 Fan

Damn Canadian customs... My GSC Tenshi is being held up waiting for a customs commissioner... The DVD set is estimated to arrive Thursday, since Tenshi is in Vancouver right now I'll laugh my ass off if they both arrive to Toronto on the same day
Old 2011-07-26, 01:01   Link #617
Tiger5913

Wink

Customs? Why is it being held up? These figurines aren't exactly hazardous, lol.
Old 2011-07-26, 01:04   Link #618
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Canadian customs are very picky about what they let through. I recall someone having their manga confiscated at a Canadian airport because they thought it contained disturbing images.

I as a Canadian, do not approve.
Old 2011-07-26, 15:30   Link #619
Kishin
Hanyuu's #1 Fan

"HEY JIMMY, LOOKY WHAT THIS GUY BOUGHT"
"... Can I have my package now..."

maybe they think theres a secret compartment up her skirt or something stuffed with drugs... they better not be messing up my figure or the package, I want to keep the possibility of resale in my back pocket when things get discontinued so shit needs taken care of
Old 2011-08-05, 11:41   Link #620
HinataShou

Closed Thread