AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Guilty Crown

Notices

Old 2011-10-24, 02:52   Link #1081
FLCL
I've been Kawarolled

Send a message via AIM to FLCL
I hope this show pans out well. Looks interesting.
FLCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-24, 03:47   Link #1082
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
To be fair, since almost every anime OP is about that length, a number of songs will be interchangeable.
It's not the length but how it syncs. That being said openings tend to follow a few patterns so it's not unusual for them to fit; though still amusing when they do.
Old 2011-10-24, 05:50   Link #1083
pseudonhym
わかんないよ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
For like the 8th billion time the soundtrack is by Hiroyuki Sawano, Supercell only did the theme songs. This Supercell/Sawano discrepancy is going to give me an aneurysm before the thread is out. Supercell doesn't even have top billing on the music credits, I don't see how people keep making this mistake.

Spoiler for Guilty Crown Music Credits Expressed In The Form Of A Picture:
Most people would think that way because most notable songs... the theme songs as you mentioned, was made by ryo(supercell). The soundtrack isn't even released yet, so of course people would praise what they have heard up to now (as did I, and which I mean by "soundtrack" in my recent post)... and which songs did they hear so far? And does it really matter if ryo or supercell is in the top billing on the music credits? (Note: If you're talking about the credits in ANN, it's in alphabetical order) I just praise what I think is good. Is there really a need to be so agitated over such detail?

On a side note.... I watched episode 2 for the nth time and still can't get enough of it. Can't wait for episode 3
Old 2011-10-24, 06:14   Link #1084
NoOneKnowS
Who am I?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Well, the character is so generic that whether he joins or not doesn't make much difference IMO.
Well at least from what I've seen, when it comes to fighting. He ain't a pussy. I mean he doesn't moan or whine on bout' killing or some shit.

Still generic though. Albeit a more acceptable/better type of generic I mean.
NoOneKnowS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-24, 07:27   Link #1085
tsunade666

he doesn't whine about killing because they made the enemy so bad in front of his eyes. Though I still think he was surprised and confused at the end. It will turn bad emo mode if Gai didn't diffuse his emotional turmoil by asking him to join the funeral parlor.
Old 2011-10-24, 07:35   Link #1086
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
Is it me or executing five nameless blocks and beating the crap out of a woman was forgotten by everyone?
That's probably because they weren't actually relevant. Their only purpose was what they meant to the MC. They were never characters in their own right.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-24, 09:25   Link #1087
Iby
minority spirit(?)
*Fansubber

Send a message via ICQ to Iby
OK, I've download these some time ago and only now tried to look through them...
Really, Japan! Just what's wrong with your engrish?!
Iby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-24, 09:36   Link #1088
tsunade666

what do they mean by that? mystery ass drifts? typo error? if it's typo error. What do they originally mean?

The info of birth is unidentified interest me more than the weird words. In the flash back in episode 1. The girl who looks like Inori clearly dies by getting engulf by that weird crystal stones. So who is Inori? a clone? or the same girl in the memory.
Old 2011-10-24, 09:51   Link #1089
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

You don't need to point the mistake Iby, the whole engrish on that pic just as bad.
Old 2011-10-24, 10:14   Link #1090
Iby
minority spirit(?)
*Fansubber

But that mistake is really hilarious .
There's also much engrish of the same level on other pages.

Explanation of the Gai's group name in engrish:
The World constantly seeks answers.
Only those with the right answers survive.

Survival of the fittest.
This is the rule of the World.

We are those that send a requiem for those who have been curtailed.
Thus we are known as the "Funeral Parlor".

The name affirms that we are the ones who relinquish, staking the claim
that we are the ones that shall survive.

About Inori:
Age 16.
Female vocal for the band "EGOIST" a charismatic band on the Web.
Also a member of "Funeral Parlor".
Shu idolizes her, and was the motive for Shu to take
part inthe activities of "Funeral Parlor".
Her only means of releasing her emotions
is through singing.

Last edited by Iby; 2011-10-24 at 10:41.
Old 2011-10-24, 11:05   Link #1091
revive4563

Well, maybe those texts that graphic designer wrote for their graphics are just for an atmosphere like some AnimeSuki people are using an extraordinary Japanese words in their user title.
revive4563 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-24, 11:10   Link #1092
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iby View Post
About Inori:
Age 16.
Female vocal for the band "EGOIST" a charismatic band on the Web.
Also a member of "Funeral Parlor".
Shu idolizes her, and was the motive for Shu to take
part inthe activities of "Funeral Parlor".
Her only means of releasing her emotions
is through singing.
So Inori's band is really just a net band and not an actual music band. That might explain the reaction of Shu's classmate. Since if your not stalking in the net. Like what Shuu was doing in the first episode. You won't heard of them. Though the word charismatic means they are popular in the net. So rumors might spread even too people who aren't often in the net. Someone will be bound to recognize her if the band is really popular.
Old 2011-10-24, 11:27   Link #1093
Iby
minority spirit(?)
*Fansubber

I believe that one or both of his male classmates is fan of Inori.
(one of them can be seen in preview listening his player or something)
Old 2011-10-24, 13:06   Link #1094
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
The info of birth is unidentified interest me more than the weird words. In the flash back in episode 1. The girl who looks like Inori clearly dies by getting engulf by that weird crystal stones. So who is Inori? a clone? or the same girl in the memory.
1) She hardly "clearly dies". We see crystals haphazardly sprouting from her body, then a scene where they are no longer haphazard, but very orderly smooth surface covering a quarter of her face. Now, while I believe she probably did die, as I believe this was the Apocalypse Plague with the Void Genome being based off the plague, there's certainly no definitive proof that girl died based on the flashbacks.

2) Inori is one year younger than Shu. Shu was four years old in those flashbacks. Now, this brings up an interesting question relating to the temporal scope of those flashbacks. Were they all around the same time (ie: the Lost Christmas/Apocalypse Outbreak event) or were they memories from over an extended time period? Remember, Shu is 17.

The Apocalypse Outbreak and the Lost Christmas event was supposed to have happened roughly ten years ago. So, he should have been seven at the time. But, we have the one flashback of him being four. So, either the artists don't know how to count, or the flashbacks do cover an extended period of time, though why they'd show Shu's birthday three years prior to those major events all the other flashes of memories seemed to correspond to is a big question mark.

Now, regardless of what the answer here is, we saw the girl leaning down when doing cat's cradle, which would hint the person she was leaning down towards was smaller than her. Ergo, he was younger. So, highly unlikely it was Inori.

As for the clone idea, remember we've yet to actually see that there's anything particularly special/unique about Inori to hint she's a test-tube creation. It's possible the cat's cradle thing is all just a coincidence, one that just thematically ties Inori to whoever this mystery girl was in the flashbacks.

Finally, the last image in the flashbacks was of a little girl in the snow. The snow would hint at Lost Christmas, which remember was ten years ago. If that was Inori, she'd have been six, which definitely would match the height of that girl. So, it's possible Inori was in Shu's flashbacks, just not as the girl with the crystal growths all over her.
Also, cake.

Last edited by creb; 2011-10-24 at 17:14.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-24, 13:39   Link #1095
kitten320

Have watched first 2 episodes and can't say I'm very impressed. At least I don't see anything worthy of all th eexcitement going around.

It does have some good traits but over all I expected more from it.
What totally displeased me was how easily maincharacter did all those moves in episode 2. And he is amateaur! Basicly we have another uninterestuung character. At least he is not a total crybaby.

However, I will keep up with it till episode 5-6 and then will make my final desicion on what to do.

EDIT: If compare it to CG, series are NOT that similar.
Yes we do have mecha, we do have good terrorists fighting government and we do have a girl whom main character has saved and who is givng him power.
However, main character is nothing like Lelouch and that's a HUGE difference! No one is being mind controlled here, what also is a HUGE difference. The girl doesn't really give him any power, he seems to be able to take weapon out of anyone. And so far I don't see any good friends of main chara who could possibly become an enemy. Lelouch/Suzaku conflict was also one of the main themes in the series. And main chara here doesn't have a blind sister for whom he is taking revenge.
Old 2011-10-24, 17:13   Link #1096
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

It seems out main dude may have had his memories manipulated or there is some weird reincarnation/matrix explanation behind the flashbacks.

Also, I see Clovis made it into the series. What's his name... The Kaleidoscope is a bastard. Going into the ghetto and slaughtering civilians like Clovis.
mechalord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-24, 23:30   Link #1097
Iby
minority spirit(?)
*Fansubber

creb, it's "Apocalypse Virus".
Also, I still believe that this girl doedn't look like Inori.
Old 2011-10-25, 05:21   Link #1098
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Playing devil's advocate a bit here because this series is way too overhated with only 2 episodes on its belt. I've been reading generic plot this generic character that, but really, how many anime series aren't generic? Let's have a look at some titles just this year that got really high praise but aren't exactly anything special plot or character (or both wise).

Anohana. This has a pretty generic premise if you ask me. A group of friends are trying to get over the death of a childhood friend and drama enfolds. A ton of melodrama and waterworks, much like those K/J-dramas I see on TV everyday, albeit with "anime" characters.

Usagi Drop. An anime about a bachelor 30y.o. male raising an abandoned little girl. Heartwarming to the max but is the plot something to be mind-boggled about? Not really.

Yet both of these were highly acclaimed due to one main reason: rock solid execution. Heck, I enjoyed both of the above series myself, the latter being one of my favorites now. However, you could have the most unique and exciting stories, but if you don't execute it well, it's gonna be bad period. Guilty Crown is much like that. Yes, the premise isn't anything special and the main character isn't the most interesting in the world, but it's production values are off the roof and it's damn well executed/directed given what it has. To me, it's just plain entertaining like a well made Hollywood action flick, so who cares in the end if the plot isn't the best. My only beef so far is the MC, but he's had some shounen-style GAR moments to cancel out his "emo" so it isn't all bad.

And yet there are some people who complain as if this series is a failure. To me, with the exception of Fate/Zero which is on a different tier really, it's incomparable to other action/thriller based series this season like Persona 4 or Mirai Nikki which has more severe problems than Guilty Crown, yet I've seen people stop complaining about P4 by episode 3 and people claiming that Mirai Nikki is the shiz. They are as much if not more generic than Guilty Crown is (the former showing the difficulties of adapting a JRPG to an anime, with the latter being little more than a yandere-fetish combined with a poor man's version of Battle Royale) but with noticeable directing problems.

I think some people need to get off the hate bandwagon and learn to sit back and just enjoy it. Or just drop the series like I did with Persona 4. If people can just sit back and genuinely enjoy the bickering and bantering between Yozora and Sena in Boku wa Tomodachi, why can't they have the same attitude for Guilty Crown? Is it the favoritism of the "slice of life" genre in general and how it seems to be "immune" to any plot criticisms?

One final note, I think people need to be a bit more patient. I recall highly acclaimed series like Tiger and Bunny and Steins Gate taking an entire half of the series before it started to dwell into "amazing" territory.

Last edited by Pocari_Sweat; 2011-10-25 at 05:51.
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-25, 07:40   Link #1099
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Whilst Ano Hana and Usagi Drop do have simple stroylines and it is the execution that's important, the execution in Ano Hana and Usagi Drop created greater depth to their storyline and characters. Guilty Crown's rock solid execution is mainly aesthetic and not enough to cover the rather glaring flaws in the storyline.

I don't think there's really that much bickering but simply an acknowledgement that this show is really just popcorn entertainment. I guess the reason people are a bit more annoyed about that here than for any other show is because there were reasonable expectations that it would be more than that.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-25, 07:56   Link #1100
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
I don't think there's really that much bickering but simply an acknowledgement that this show is really just popcorn entertainment.
But this isn't the case. Comments are more along the lines of "This was so generic and boring" and "Lol Code Geass clone" etc.

In comparison have a look at the Mirai Nikki and Persona 4 (after episode 1 which was straight out awful) threads. Some heavy praise there which leaves me mind boggled because I'm seeing much bigger flaws in those yet picking are willing overlook them whilst Guilty Crown continues to be picked apart.

Quote:
I guess the reason people are a bit more annoyed about that here than for any other show is because there were reasonable expectations that it would be more than that.
This is probably the reason why. Over-hyped and disappointed. But then again I recall Persona 4 being really hyped too, but criticism for that has largely gone done for some reason.
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, noitamina, production_ig