AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-07-05, 01:19   Link #2061
UTW

The first thought I had even before the new manga started was Azusa, Ui and Jun moving on to JWU as a three-piece.

She has many ties with HTT that would cause some doubt, but after the story the manga tried to establish with her, I feel running back to HTT would betray Azusa coming into her own as a leader and someone who doesn't need HTT to thrive.
UTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-05, 06:55   Link #2062
Goggen

Quote:
Originally Posted by UTW View Post
The first thought I had even before the new manga started was Azusa, Ui and Jun moving on to JWU as a three-piece.
Well, that's clearly not happening since they never really esteblished a three-piece band. They created Wasaba Girls, but that band's time will come to an end when the three graduate.

Also, why would they go to JWU if not for HTT? It's obvious Azusa wants to go there precisely because she wants to be with the other HTT girls. Ui is undecided. Jun... I don't see her going to JWU just because of her friendship with Azusa.
Old 2012-07-06, 03:05   Link #2063
teja208
Critical fanboy

Well, I can't say I'm impress with how things turn out in the so called final chapter. Yui and Co. aren't present at all and there are no accidents happened like what Mio trip after first HTT concert.

Next stop, waiting for K-on Movie Bluray release and Third Season Announcement. We'll see if there will be another restart manga in the future but for now, I'll give it a rest.
teja208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-06, 07:46   Link #2064
Gohan78
Awakened One

I have a feeling that Kakifly was forced to restart this manga due to the resounding success of the tv series.
The last chapter felt kinda half-hearted. I was expecting Yui & co to attend Wakaba Girls' first and last concert and to have a big emotional reunion with Azunyan but nothing happened.
I feel like the manga still had a lot of room to develop, especially the university part (the HS part was limited since Azusa/Ui/Jun are already seniors).
Too bad we had to say goodbye to the Light Music Club so early. At least now there is enough material for a 3rd tv series, which I'm pretty sure will get the green light!
(De Vermis Mysteriis)
Gohan78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-06, 08:32   Link #2065
GMT
Orthodox Haruhiist

Quote:
Originally Posted by teja208 View Post
Well, I can't say I'm impress with how things turn out in the so called final chapter. Yui and Co. aren't present at all and there are no accidents happened like what Mio trip after first HTT concert.

Next stop, waiting for K-on Movie Bluray release and Third Season Announcement. We'll see if there will be another restart manga in the future but for now, I'll give it a rest.
To be fair, I wasn't really expecting Yui and company to turn up at Azusa's high school festival. From a story-telling point of view, having the original four show up would've been extraordinarily distracting, since the story of the high-school one-shot has been all about Azusa's efforts at securing new club members, forging them into a band, gaining new friends at the same time, and securing the club's future. Or why Nao and Sumire get so much character development, followed by Azusa and Jun.

The ending of the high-school spinoff felt more like an ending than the one to the college series. They have their triumphant concert, the heartfelt and tearful (well, for Ui, anyway) denounment, and a lovely cast shot at the end. The high school spinoff doesn't really need to go much further than it has, since the fundamental story that it started out with has been told.

What surprised me is Sumire's panicked announcement that she's never played Fuwa Fuwa Time. It's not a hard song to cover . . . but this is the world of K-ON!, where high school bands all write copious quantities of their own material, and nobody ever starts out by playing covers of songs the band "leader" thinks are cool. (And I'd bet that Sumire changes her tune in any future anime adaptation . . . since, canonically, Ui and Jun already know Fuwa Fuwa Time, and there'd be little reason for them not to start from there . . . well, apart from that whole 'high school band writes all original material' thing.)
Old 2012-07-06, 12:52   Link #2066
kaitok
Inspired Musician

At least HS chapter made me wanna tear a bit! It's definitely way better than the uni chapters. but I won't blame them. HS chapters has 5 to focus, 1 band. Uni chapters has 4 + 3 (+ 2?) and 2/3 bands to focus, so with 4koma and that few chapters we get? Can't blame them that Nao and Sumire gets better developments.

And I got to admit, I am divided between Azusa joining back HTT or remaining as Azunyan buchou of WKG. Indeed that at the beginning of the restart, Azusa misses her senpais and HTT, but now at this chapter (and the previous HS chap), seriously, the love between these HS girls are so strong! I won't bare to see WKG breaking up for Azusa to join HTT in a far away land.

Sigh. Ah and I thought Ui had planned to join Yui in uni since the very beginning? Even in the anime when Yui asked Ui what should she do in the future, Ui said she's gonna follow wherever her oneechan goes? So it's still JWU for Ui. Only Jun has a blur future since we don't know whether she passed her examination for any university or not... Neither was it mentioned that she's going anywhere too. I'm pretty sure if by any chance if there's any continuation, Ui and Azusa are gonna go JWU.

Anyway, Sawako's last sentence... "I wonder how the light music club is going to entertain me next year?" got me wondering a bit... The future seems blur for LMC too with Nao and Sumire the awkward duo tearing down the school to hunt for kouhais to join... Man, the series just gotta end when I start to love them. OTL
Old 2012-07-06, 13:24   Link #2067
Bikerider
Senior Rider of Bikes

Sad thing with WKG is Nao was the only song writer. Azusa didn't do any writing. HTT has every one involved in the writing, even though Mio and Yui dominate. Azusa even took part in the writing. Not in WKG. That was something I didn't expect. I figured she would develop more in that area. I was expecting a signature song from her. Instead she relies on Fuwa Fuwa.
Bikerider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-07, 12:25   Link #2068
kaitok
Inspired Musician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikerider View Post
Sad thing with WKG is Nao was the only song writer. Azusa didn't do any writing. HTT has every one involved in the writing, even though Mio and Yui dominate. Azusa even took part in the writing. Not in WKG. That was something I didn't expect. I figured she would develop more in that area. I was expecting a signature song from her. Instead she relies on Fuwa Fuwa.
True that. I'd love to see Azusa writing some songs too. Btw, in HTT it's Mugi writing the tunes (though the anime and manga really focus a lot more on Yui and Mio). Apparently Ritsu is the only one who didn't contribute much until Tenshi ni Fureta yo! XD

I hope we get to listen to Azunyan buchou's vocals for Answer. I seriously wanna hear Ayachi singing a serious song.
Old 2012-07-07, 18:14   Link #2069
aldw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikerider View Post
Any future anime adaption I'd think would expand on Azusa and Ui's music writing contributions, given what was shown previously.
aldw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-07, 18:38   Link #2070
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Well they already have it that Ui has few, if any weaknesses. Jun is lazier than Ritsu. And Azusa is trying to be a senior...eventually.

Sumire is overwhelmed most of the time. And Nao tends to be somewhat mysterious.

And Sawako is trying to be even more teen-like now that the four that had blackmail material are gone (Azusa knows about Death Devil, but by now it doesn't matter), with Azusa having to act as her handler (much more so than Ritsu since Ritsu wanted costumes...if nothing else but to see Mio in them.)
Old 2012-07-08, 06:01   Link #2071
Lugia2126
The Biggest Mio Fan

The end is near. I believe there is still hope.
Old 2012-07-08, 14:50   Link #2072
GMT
Orthodox Haruhiist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lugia2126 View Post
The end is near. I believe there is still hope.
The end is here. As has been mentioned elsewhere, any bonus chapters that come out tend to occur earlier in the timeline. Barring a decision on the part of TBS, Pony Canyon, and Kyoto Animation to adapt the new chapters into a TV anime or OVA (which they may very well do ... K-ON! has been enormously profitable for those involved in its production and distribution; and deciding how to go about a third season/OVA of K-ON! seems much more straightforward than how to adapt, say, more Haruhi,) K-ON! is done until kakifly gives in to pressure to feed the cash cow one more time gets bored with whatever it is he (or maybe she ... I'm not quite sure anyone has ever made kakifly's gender crystal-clear) is doing next and comes back to the series.
Old 2012-07-15, 03:14   Link #2073
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

oh no.... I really hope I can see Houkago Tea Times doing some collabs with Fresh Leaf Girls in a festival....
this ending still not perfect for me... T__T
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-16, 12:37   Link #2074
mystogan
The Lost Lamb

i had almost given up on this since HTT wasn't going to be there, but finally read the latest chapter.
well the series still keeps it up, but now it has ended, the ending for fresh leaf girls was nice, the ending was quite filling and din't felt very much incomplete, the last scene where the juniors greets the senpais got me,
the Nao's cheeks stretching scene was cute,

i feel sad that the series has ended, wonder if we will ever see of it again
Old 2012-07-16, 12:58   Link #2075
Afternoon Tea
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystogan View Post
i had almost given up on this since HTT wasn't going to be there, but finally read the latest chapter.
well the series still keeps it up, but now it has ended, the ending for fresh leaf girls was nice, the ending was quite filling and din't felt very much incomplete, the last scene where the juniors greets the senpais got me,
the Nao's cheeks stretching scene was cute,

i feel sad that the series has ended, wonder if we will ever see of it again
I hope for future music releases!
Afternoon Tea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-20, 18:04   Link #2076
rulfo

I still think that the new series will be a sequel to K-ON. Just named in another way since K-ON is about these highschool girls
rulfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-20, 18:28   Link #2077
Goggen

Quote:
Originally Posted by rulfo View Post
I still think that the new series will be a sequel to K-ON. Just named in another way since K-ON is about these highschool girls
What new series?
Old 2012-07-20, 18:43   Link #2078
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by rulfo View Post
Aye... what new series? Link, please.
Old 2012-07-21, 02:08   Link #2079
Procrastinator_CA
Laborus Tardis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goggen View Post
What new series?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Aye... what new series? Link, please.
I think he's just speculating...though I share the same thoughts as he has. Maybe the University Girls + Azusa will be re-launched as Ho-kago Tea Time, since the focus won't be on the club anymore.

Okuda and Sumire may either be abandoned altogether, or re-lauched as Wakaba Girls with Okuda as the protagonist.
Procrastinator_CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-21, 06:37   Link #2080
Misago

Personally i'd love to see a prequel series, 12 episodes showing the senior year of Sawako & the Death Devil K-On.
There have been a few flashbacks and we already know one of the other band members.
And KyoAni could play it really cute and have really young versions of Mio & Ritsu etc walking by in the background!
Misago is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, seinen, slice of life