Notices

Old 2013-06-20, 04:21   Link #1241
animenendoroid

Akainu is the strongest one IMO.
Old 2013-06-20, 06:42   Link #1242
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
I'd say right now it's probably between Akainu and Blackbeard. Sure, last time we saw Blackbeard, he wasn't necessarily as strong as the other Yonkous, but now he might as well be the strongest of them. In the end, he will lileky have to become the strongest character in the series at some point, so it's pretty safe to assume, that he is still growing in power and that he has been doing so for the past two years. Akainu I mentioned, because I have this weird reasoning where I keep telling myself that the admirals are slightly stronger on average than the Yonkous, because there's fewer of them. It's a bit of a stretch, I know, but it seems so plausible to me.
Old 2013-06-20, 12:36   Link #1243
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
How would the admirals be slightly stronger? As has been explained, it takes BOTH the marines (admirals included) and shichibukai to keep the balance against the Yonko, and we've seen the WG actively trying to keep the shichibukai at seven members

Then again, I suppose I'm more biased towards Shanks... and as much as I'd like to see Shanks take out Blackbeard by the end, that's probably going to be Luffy's role

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-20, 21:58   Link #1244
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
How would the admirals be slightly stronger? As has been explained, it takes BOTH the marines (admirals included) and shichibukai to keep the balance against the Yonko, and we've seen the WG actively trying to keep the shichibukai at seven members
The equation is more like Marines+Shichibukai=Yonkou in disunity. What that means is that order and stability are preserved under this system. It doesn't exactly correlate to power (as in fighting strength). We saw in the war that WB+crew+43 New World allied crews+the Impel Down escapees (Luffy, Jinbe, Crocodile, Ivankov, Inazuma, Buggy, etc.) couldn't match the might of the marines and shichibukai (and that's considering how the shichibukai were half-assing their efforts at best and even fighting amongst themselves). So we know for sure that 1 Yonkou and their crew+allies isn't enough to defeat the marines. Now, if all four ever united, the World Government would most likely be finished, but that would never happen because the Yonkou are all enemies to each other.
Old 2013-06-21, 20:38   Link #1245
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
The power of forces says little about the power of individuals.
Old 2013-06-22, 08:14   Link #1246
Blackbeard D. Kuma

It wouldn't feel quite right if the best the marines have to offer (the admirals) can't match the best the pirates have to offer (the yonkou). Otherwise, there wouldn't really be a semblance of balance (in terms of fighting strength) amongst the world powers.
Old 2013-06-22, 12:29   Link #1247
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
To be fair, it's implied that it takes all of the marines+ shichibukai to stand up against all four of the Emperors. And since we know that the Emperors will NEVER work together... well, let's just say that since we don't know the power of any of the other emperors, it's quite possible that in a 1v1, an admiral and a yonkou might be very closely matched (other than Whitebeard, but you've already seen my thoughts on that)

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-29, 22:02   Link #1248
solidguy
I'm not a tumor

Dragon. Main character's dad is usually teh bee's knees
solidguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-04, 01:14   Link #1249
White Beard

Strongest Man in the World: Whitebeard (Deceased Yonko)
Strongest Creature in the World: Kaido (Yonko)

Other notable powerhouses:
Shanks (Yonko)
Luffy
Zoro
Sanji
Mihawk
Jinbe
Admirals (Not compared to Yonko)
Enel
Ace (deceased)

As for the other two Yonko (Big Mom and BlackBeard) we've seen Black Beard in action and he is quite strong, able to defeat Ace, and possess two DF's as well as Become one of the Yonko. Same goes for Big Mom, we have no idea about how powerful she is but being a Yonko we can assume she's incredibly strong.

Those are the ones I could think off of the top of my head
White Beard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-04, 18:10   Link #1250
Blackbeard D. Kuma

^ Take out Luffy, Zoro, Sanji, Jinbe, Enel, and Ace, from your list. While they're all undoubtedly strong, they're not top-tier caliber.
Old 2013-07-05, 02:55   Link #1251
White Beard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
^ Take out Luffy, Zoro, Sanji, Jinbe, Enel, and Ace, from your list. While they're all undoubtedly strong, they're not top-tier caliber.
Yeah I was planning on it, after re-reading the topic title "The strongest in OP". I basically just listed strong people.

Then again....I think it's safe to assume Zoro and Luffy at least, are a pretty top-caliber, having been training with Mihawk for two years same for Luffy training under Rayleigh. Granted as far as we know they could not take down a Yonko single handedly, who are noted as the strongest pirates. But I do see what you are saying :P

i'd also like to add Kong, Commander-in-Chief of The World Government to my list. With such a high rank , and being a former fleet admiral he most likely is incredibly strong (yet to be seen however)
Old 2013-07-05, 17:07   Link #1252
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Characters that are definitely top-tier (in no particular order; just a list):

Blackbeard
Shanks
Big Mom
Kaido
Garp
Sengoku
Akainu
Kizaru
Aokiji
Fujitora
Ryokugyuu
Marco
Jozu
Dragon
Mihawk
Rayleigh

We'll see more in due time for sure.
Old 2013-07-05, 21:23   Link #1253
White Beard

Have yet to see Fuji and Ryo in action, that will be very interesting, same for Dragon in an actual battle or something
Old 2013-07-28, 10:33   Link #1254
Dark_Ritual

Don't know what's wrong with some of you. None of the top-tiers- Whitebeard, Marco, Jozu, Kizaru, Akainu, Aokiji etc went all out during the war at marineford, they were all holding back so they don't kill/hurt their allies. Especially Whitebeard, when he got pissed and with one punch he split the whole plaza in two but that's it.

Now look at the Admirals fight Aokiji vs Akaniu on punk hazard one on one just only them, now they're free to go all out. You see what their fight of going all out can do? It changed the freaking weather, now imagine Whitebeard 1 vs 1 on empty island going all out. Well I will guarantee you one thing- WB will sink both the island and his opponent to the ocean.

One more thing, Oda gave us a clue of how weak and sick Whitebeard was during the war-
Flashback: Ace a logia who was invited to be a shichibukai but turned it down, the same Ace who fought for 5days with the shichibukai Jimbie and same Ace who wasnt easy for BB to take down couldn't even touch WB who's sleeping. Now during the war WB is awake n ready for a fight but was easily stabbed by Squardo, then with Croc saying "You wasn't this weak when you defeated me" and Marco concluding it "what croc said is true, it seems like his sickness has gotten worse". Oda did all this to tell us readers that the WB at the war wasn't full strength probably at his 60% best and yet he could take Akainu down with 2 punches and almost killing Blackbeard.

Me personally thinks that other Yonko's are/were stronger than the Whitebeard we saw at the war, I mean come on no other yonko will just stand there and be taking attacks and damages like Whitebeard was taking, and the fact that Kaido was on the move to go kill WB, Im sure Kaido isn't that stupid to think he can attack/fight the strongest man and won't have any chance of winning and Shanks probably knew that Kaido might succeed in taking down Witebeard that's why he interfered and stopped Kaido.
Dark_Ritual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-28, 16:03   Link #1255
Blackbeard D. Kuma

^It was a war setting. Both sides were expecting casualties at the very least. So although we didn't see all of the top-tiers go all out, that was hardly the time to be messing around (excluding the shichibukai, both sides tried to minimize losses as much as possible). So that implies they were putting in considerable effort (not 100%, but maybe somewhere from 75-80%).

We're talking about the Whitebeard that was presented to us in the present time, not flashbacks nor prime. Based on feats, he appeared to be slightly stronger than the other top tier fighters. And by the time his final scuffle with Akainu came around, Ace was already dead,so there was really no longer any reason to hold back. He was furious.
Old 2013-07-28, 17:45   Link #1256
Dark_Ritual

And Oda showed us that the current Whitebeard was old, weak and sick that's a fact everyone who reads one piece knows, unless your being ignorant or a fanboy then you will never get it. When they set Ace free Whitebeard was ready to go all out by sinking marineford but he was still was waiting for his allies to leave the island before he can do it. Even when Ace died, Whitebeard used only 2 punches to split the island into two- one side marines the other side his crew/allies, WB gave them another chance to leave the island so he can destroy marineford but he never got the chance to do it since Aokiji froze the ocean and never gave the pirates chance to leave the island.

I seriously don't get you, cuz Ace died WB doesn't have to hold back anymore? WTF? So you saying WB don't care about his allies that he will sink em with the island just cuz Ace died? If no side cared about hurting their allies then why did the marines move his people up into the plaza and bring out pacifista and Akainu to shot blindly into the pirates only standing foot? Shouldn't they have shot their own allies together with the pirates?

EDIT: Now I know your belief in war. So cuz its war setting then people are allowed to kill their own allies? That's what your trying to say? well thanks to know their some sick people out there.
Dark_Ritual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-28, 18:58   Link #1257
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Ritual View Post
And Oda showed us that the current Whitebeard was old, weak and sick that's a fact everyone who reads one piece knows, unless your being ignorant or a fanboy then you will never get it.
When did I discount WB's old age? Oh that's right, I never did. Thanks for showing your lack of reading comprehension.

Quote:
I seriously don't get you, cuz Ace died WB doesn't have to hold back anymore? WTF? So you saying WB don't care about his allies that he will sink em with the island just cuz Ace died? If no side cared about hurting their allies then why did the marines move his people up into the plaza and bring out pacifista and Akainu to shot blindly into the pirates only standing foot? Shouldn't they have shot their own allies together with the pirates?
You do know that WB can control and concentrate his quake powers into small AoEs, right? And once again you've proven that you don't know how to read because I was talking about both sides trying to minimize casualties as much as possible.

Quote:
EDIT: Now I know your belief in war. So cuz its war setting then people are allowed to kill their own allies? That's what your trying to say? well thanks to know their some sick people out there.
Nope, you've completely misunderstood me. Next time think clearly before you post, otherwise you'll end up making a fool of yourself again.
Old 2013-08-02, 21:16   Link #1258
Bakaizer
Demon Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
Characters that are definitely top-tier (in no particular order; just a list):

Blackbeard
Shanks
Big Mom
Kaido
Garp
Sengoku
Akainu
Kizaru
Aokiji
Fujitora
Ryokugyuu
Marco
Jozu
Dragon
Mihawk
Rayleigh

We'll see more in due time for sure.
all of them are pretty much adults to old guys
so Boa Hancock and Jinbei are not considered to be top tier, hmmm

there could be at least someone young with a top tier caliber, a prodigy, we might see this in the future
Old 2013-08-31, 03:26   Link #1259
JonSnow

I'd say Shanks is the strongest guy in OP. He single handedly stopped the war. He's a yonko who stopped Kaido from ambushing WB and still had time to show up on marineford. 1 sick yonko gave the admirals and Shichibukai a run for their money.
JonSnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-01, 10:52   Link #1260
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Shanks didn't do anything. He and his crew were fresh, whereas the Marines had taken significant amounts of damage, the pirates had takes significant amounts of damage, and Blackbeard got wrecked by Whitebeard and Sengoku and was also looking at the prospect of having to deal with both Sengoku and Garp tag-teaming him on top of Shanks coming straight for him. The Shichibukai were only in it for the lulz and because they'd lose their positions if they didn't, and seemed to have lost interest by that point since we never saw them fighting after Ace died. Mihawk summed up the whole thing best when he said fighting Shanks wasn't part of the agreement.