AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2010-05-01, 07:04   Link #1541
Lolipopo
Srsly ?
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revan21 View Post
Got my Code Geass prize items yesteray *.*

- Bride Kallen
- Bride C.C.
- Glass with the bride artworks
- A4 folder with two ecchi images
- SD Anya
Ah you ordered them ?
I wanted to wait for my bride and my tabattacchi Kallen cause of the Volcano XD
I refuse to have my orders lost during the travel cause of the disorder :')

You really took all of the lottery items xD

Lolipopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-01, 08:05   Link #1542
Revan21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolipopo View Post
Ah you ordered them ?
I wanted to wait for my bride and my tabattacchi Kallen cause of the Volcano XD
I refuse to have my orders lost during the travel cause of the disorder :')

You really took all of the lottery items xD
Of course, like two months ago
Yeah, I also waited for them an additional week b/c of the volcano

The two brides were my main target, then b/c my friend brought in a whole pack, I could select one item from each prize group So I think I got everything I wanted

Here are the photos

[Banpresto] Code Geass R2 ~Romantic Variation~ - C.C. (24cm)

[Banpresto] Code Geass R2 ~Romantic Variation~ - Kozuki Kallen (25cm)

[Banpresto] Code Geass R2 ~Romantic Variation~ - Anya Alstreim SD figure (10cm)

Last edited by Revan21; 2010-05-05 at 02:23.
Revan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-01, 12:06   Link #1543
Bonzo
I change anime endings.

Send a message via MSN to Bonzo
The French shop Biginjapan opened the preorder for robot damashii Rolo's vincent.

http://www.biginjap.com/code-geass-r...pe-p-1238.html
Bonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-04, 18:18   Link #1544
Mazryonh

Hmm, I'd have to agree with your prior assessment, Bonzo. Kallen's "Romantic Variation" does in fact look like a Flamenco dancer rather than a bride. Fit for a date, but not really for a wedding. It does, however, fit with her "firey" nature along with the energy she's known for. At heart she's never been a submissive woman.

CC's looks nice, but I still prefer the version drawn by Creayus.

I must also ask who is charge of making these "Engrish" tags for anime figures. I'm amazed that Bandai/Namco can't get someone decent enough to spell "Variation" properly, and yet somehow each of the figures from a sculptor named "Monsieur Bome" have a paragraph of impeccable English talking about how the inspiration came to the sculptor and what final image he was trying to achieve. I am driven to wonder just who "Monsieur Bome's" translator is, and why s/he isn't working for more people!
Mazryonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-04, 19:45   Link #1545
Bonzo
I change anime endings.

Monsieur bome figures have a problem, that sculptor not respect human anatomy.
Old 2010-05-04, 20:08   Link #1546
Mazryonh

Well, I'm afraid the true reason for that may be the original anime designs. Monsieur Bome could just be adhering to the designer's original vision. After all, aren't those features (like CC's and Kallen's "feminine features) accentuated to attract viewers in the first place?

Maybe you could find out who translates for Monsieur Bome. It's very odd to see such impeccable English on this kind of product, especially from a place that's well-known for mangling the English language.
Old 2010-05-04, 20:16   Link #1547
Bonzo
I change anime endings.

Look, I've some monsieur bome figures at home, in the rear of the package there's the original artwork/project from the statue is designed later....he doesn't respect the original art design.
Big head in comparison with the body, or hands and feet too much little in comparison with the rest of the body, all for a exaggerated high price.
A typical proportion defect you can see easily in more japan artists.

The two CG brides figures aren't a example of human proportions, but they're replica of start art design, the same art in the package side.
Old 2010-05-05, 02:26   Link #1548
Revan21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazryonh View Post
I'm amazed that Bandai/Namco can't get someone decent enough to spell "Variation" properly
Sorry, that was my mistake. The packing has the correct "Variation" on it
Old 2010-05-15, 23:03   Link #1549
Bonzo
I change anime endings.

Today, I'll make another comic convention with my stand, the news and photo report tonight.

Last edited by Bonzo; 2010-05-16 at 15:49.
Old 2010-05-16, 03:19   Link #1550
Lolipopo
Srsly ?
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazryonh View Post
Hmm, I'd have to agree with your prior assessment, Bonzo. Kallen's "Romantic Variation" does in fact look like a Flamenco dancer rather than a bride. Fit for a date, but not really for a wedding. It does, however, fit with her "firey" nature along with the energy she's known for. At heart she's never been a submissive woman.

CC's looks nice, but I still prefer the version drawn by Creayus.

I must also ask who is charge of making these "Engrish" tags for anime figures. I'm amazed that Bandai/Namco can't get someone decent enough to spell "Variation" properly, and yet somehow each of the figures from a sculptor named "Monsieur Bome" have a paragraph of impeccable English talking about how the inspiration came to the sculptor and what final image he was trying to achieve. I am driven to wonder just who "Monsieur Bome's" translator is, and why s/he isn't working for more people!
Well, don't go at the Fashion week. You'd see wedding dresses women would be ready to kill for, and which would be nothing, like wedding dress :P

At First, Kallen's dress was a pale shade of pink, It certainly suited better the marriage spirit, but the final result is beautiful nonetheless.

As for C.C., even as a non C.C. fan I really like it. If I had money to waste, I might try to get it. She is really good looking. (and the way Revan took his pics is awesome :'D)

Lolipopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-18, 04:02   Link #1551
Bonzo
I change anime endings.

Well...this is the result of the convention:

I arrived, full of boxes and without help, like always:

Here, my complete stand, First picture, code geass stuff:

And for the people want see the face of R2Remake creator...
Old 2010-05-19, 00:07   Link #1552
Mazryonh

So, Bonzo,

Did you make a monstrously large profit? Did you return home with empty boxes and loads of cash?

Where I am, some fan artists routinely sell their fan art at conventions. I've bought a few pieces myself. Did you sell a few of your copies, or is that frowned upon in the regulations of the convention you attended?
Old 2010-05-19, 03:40   Link #1553
Bonzo
I change anime endings.

Yes, I had a good profit, but about sell copies of my doujinshi...it's very dangerous, I evade.
Old 2010-05-19, 06:17   Link #1554
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

Well you will get that now and again. Not everyone is into fanart and therefore, prefer other things as a result. Like figurines or the actual anime or mangas... such and so forth.

*sigh* Does anyone know when Knight and Queen anthology is coming out? I mean for the states.
Arbitres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-19, 13:25   Link #1555
Roloko vi Britannia
The Dark Empress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbitres View Post
Well you will get that now and again. Not everyone is into fanart and therefore, prefer other things as a result. Like figurines or the actual anime or mangas... such and so forth.

*sigh* Does anyone know when Knight and Queen anthology is coming out? I mean for the states.
I found it on Borders website volume 1 of Knights comes out June 10th and volume 2 comes out on August 25th and volume 3 comes out on the 30th of November so that means no Rolo/Lelouch for me until next year

Volume 1 of Queens is out July 13th and volume 2 will follow on September 17th and volume 3 comes out on December 22nd.

Volume 8 of the Lelouch manga is coming out in August too, but I don't think I'll buy it cause I know what will happen next T_T

Roloko vi Britannia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-19, 13:30   Link #1556
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

That's good to know Roloko. I'm glad you checked for me and yourself. Hopefully I'll be able to get all of them.

Don't worry Roloko. You can always get Spike Spencer to sign a Roloko plushie. Maybe If there is one at Tsubasacon I'll get it for you just for that purpose?
Old 2010-05-19, 13:47   Link #1557
Roloko vi Britannia
The Dark Empress

Quote:
That's good to know Roloko. I'm glad you checked for me and yourself. Hopefully I'll be able to get all of them.

Don't worry Roloko. You can always get Spike Spencer to sign a Roloko plushie. Maybe If there is one at Tsubasacon I'll get it for you just for that purpose?
I wish there was one I have to get there early to get that Rolo merch I don't have. they have a CG set with Lelouch in his Zero outfit, CC, Aurthur, Euphie, and Suzaku

http://www.animesekai.com/products/c...pc-figure-set/

they also have a couple Kallen Figs you will like

http://www.animesekai.com/products/c...dtfeld-figure/

http://www.animesekai.com/products/c...with-cat-ears/

they are all out of stock now, but hopefully they will have some by the time the Tsubasacon arrives in October.

Old 2010-05-19, 14:01   Link #1558
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

Is Rolo really that popular you have to race to get all the merchandise you don't have? Or is it in just real low quantity and you don't want to miss the chance? Don't worry. I'll clear a path for you to the CG merchandise, it's convenient since I'll be doing that anyways.

I hope they do have more in stock by October. That would make me an even happier camper then already~

Tsubasacon... The convention with wings lol
Old 2010-05-19, 14:09   Link #1559
Roloko vi Britannia
The Dark Empress

Quote:
Is Rolo really that popular you have to race to get all the merchandise you don't have? Or is it in just real low quantity and you don't want to miss the chance? Don't worry. I'll clear a path for you to the CG merchandise, it's convenient since I'll be doing that anyways.

I hope they do have more in stock by October. That would make me an even happier camper then already~

Tsubasacon... The convention with wings lol
cause it will probably be a low quantity since its imported and all same for the other figurines if I have enough money by then I'll buy you a Kallen fig lol thats if there is any left by the time you come

I'm kinda hoping to get paypal soon so I can buy that Romantic Variation Rolo SD fig online......

Old 2010-05-19, 14:21   Link #1560
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

I don't know when I'll be coming. Saturday since all the good stupid happens then. (I think? Video game room, battle royal... Doesn't Gregor show up on Saturday too?)

I think it won't be that bad. If it is then oh well. That is what online is for.

...Damn well better be Kallen figurines still left. Especially that nekomimi one. Oh well. Time will tell for us Roloko. Though hopefully there will be merchandise for us as well. Though I might actually come Friday... I may not get any CG merchandise.

Which would be a tragedy. =( *...Let's VM about this. I feel we are spamming.)