AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-05-09, 09:35   Link #141
yozaku
Always Idle

I love it when Chiko is blushing
yozaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-09, 10:05   Link #142
Skyw4lker

Yeah, that's so cute
Skyw4lker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-09, 10:06   Link #143
Echoes

Chiko looked great as a blond. She really is amazingly agile too, those jumps were just insane. In this episode, it seems the team was performing a good deed, with no ulterior motives, as they put the sapphire back in place after recovering it. Episode 4, and I'm hooked!
Old 2008-05-09, 15:34   Link #144
Irkalla
I asked for this

This episode was just WOW! Chiko is so awesome now (only in anime )and she is on a great way to become one of my fav anime girls

A total wtf was that German..first I was like, what language is that o_O then I went back and it was really German, but with AWFUL pronouncing.
Old 2008-05-09, 16:00   Link #145
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaseka View Post
This episode was just WOW! Chiko is so awesome now (only in anime )and she is on a great way to become one of my fav anime girls A total wtf was that German..first I was like, what language is that o_O then I went back and it was really German, but with AWFUL pronouncing.
Is there a word in German like "Engrish" for Japanese-style German?

I only know a little German and even I could tell how bad the pronunciation was. I thought the guy was especially incomprehensible -- or were they both equal? But the German was correct, wasn't it?

As for Chiko, yeah, wow. I like how lightly and quickly she moves. And I'm biased, but I think Hirano Aya is part of why she seems so great. Hirano gives her a lot of emotional nuance, it seems to me. But she has some wonderful animation to work with.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-09, 20:18   Link #146
nadare

Send a message via MSN to nadare
Just watched it.

I thought the stealing scene was done quite well. Chiko was breathing heavily. I thought she wouldn't make it to the top and collapse half way.
nadare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-09, 21:57   Link #147
Irkalla
I asked for this

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Is there a word in German like "Engrish" for Japanese-style German?

I only know a little German and even I could tell how bad the pronunciation was. I thought the guy was especially incomprehensible -- or were they both equal? But the German was correct, wasn't it?

As for Chiko, yeah, wow. I like how lightly and quickly she moves. And I'm biased, but I think Hirano Aya is part of why she seems so great. Hirano gives her a lot of emotional nuance, it seems to me. But she has some wonderful animation to work with.
Yeah, it sounded correct, the grammar that is.
The only good pronouncing was; Danke
the most wtf one was ; Es liegt da wo es immer liegt...It sounded like she was singing

anyway...Why do I have this dark feeling that Niijuu mensou's death hour is coming closer and closer? I find these little moments of Mensou and Chiko really delightful and I don't want it to end
Old 2008-05-10, 04:46   Link #148
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

So nice to see the entire cast working on something and finally showing us the end result of the charity thieving.

And it's nice to see that Chiko, as much of a prodigy as she apparently is, is still a little girl and mostly has to make do with her size rather than forcing it and becoming an ungodly battle queen like in some anime.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-10, 13:42   Link #149
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Damn, and i haven't have chance to watch Ep 4 yet.

But the 1st 3 were great.
It's going a bit slow through.

It's a real shame that i couldn't recognise Hirano Aya till read you guys' comments . =/

Btw, a bit late, but i found the discussion about the era quite interesting. ^^
My guess will be it support to in an alternative universe, so the director will not be responsible for any criticizing. It must portray the post-WW1 period because the tank (which was used 1st time in Western Front WW1), cars design, and a mention of a large war (include Japanese troops somewhere in China) do confirm it have to be after WW1. It's also the period when Zeppelin was still used a lot, and when planes were not the
main air transporter (or was used as pursuer).
Also based on the lack of physic and militaristic knowledge when designing that huge tank and plane, it can't be post WW2.The absence of PRC and how clothes, building designs also reject the idea that it's Post WW2.

It's fun to write down what i observed, so bear with it
Old 2008-05-10, 15:32   Link #150
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
It's a real shame that i couldn't recognise Hirano Aya till read you guys' comments .
Actually I think it's a tribute to the terrific job Hirano is doing in this show. Chiko is nothing like the smart-mouthed, rather bratty characters she's played in KyoAni shows. At times she sounds a bit too mature to be eleven, but the pace of the series, and the scenes in the OP/ED, suggest that Chiko will be closing the age gap with Aya fairly soon.

This is Hirano's first performance to really catch my attention. She's shown quite a bit of range in the first four episodes.

Last edited by SeijiSensei; 2008-05-12 at 22:09. Reason: fixed spelling
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-11, 01:08   Link #151
DangerMouse

I'm in total agreement with the recent posts, finally got to sit down and watch the latest ep and this just keeps getting more and more enjoyable and fun to watch, and Chiko's progression so far is what I was hoping for going into the series. Looking forwards to the next one.
DangerMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-11, 03:50   Link #152
Fweakin

Nijuu Mensou no Musume for me has been a bit of a dark horse.

I watched the first 2 eps, and I found it ok, but nothing to write home about. Then it progressed into the 3rd and 4th episodes, and suddenly the series made its way from down the lower end of my season watchlist to the higher end. Enough people have commented on the delivery of that line by Aya Hirano for me to neglect mentioning it, so I'll spare you that repetition, but the mature strength of Chiko is whats really making this show. And as much as I found the first 2 episodes a little slow, I can't imagine how episodes 3 and 4 could be as good without the character-setting and tone-setting of the openers.

And to quote SuperKnuckles, it's also good that Chiko is not some ungodly battle queen ::chuckles:: but a girl who is and will be at a disadvantage in battle due to her stature.
Fweakin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-11, 09:14   Link #153
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
This is Hirano's first performance to really catch my attention. She's shown quite a bit of range in the first four episodes.
I have to agree with this. In her past performances, i've never really seen anything that makes me believe she's one of the best at her job like oh so many people have been saying. I can say it now with this show, though it's a shame nor nearly enough people are watching it. A huge shame.

I do have one problem with this series though, and that's the ED. It's basically showing us what is going to happen at some point in the series, and i don't like that. I'd rather see that ED once the second part of the story begins. I guess the same can be said for the OP, though it doesn't annoy me in that aspect as much as the ED.
Old 2008-05-11, 23:28   Link #154
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Spoiler for ep5:
As for Hirano, I only began to think of her as an excellent seiyuu when I heard her as Layla in NANA, which is a show that not everyone watched, and in which she is a secondary character who doesn't appear in the majority of episodes -- but blows you away emotionally when she does. Haruhi was good, but didn't strike me that much.

As I said in a blog post, although I've liked her for a couple of years, it's not until now that I'm beginning to think of her as possibly being in the front rank. And she is still not the kind of seiyuu who can do any role or any style. She never did go to actual seiyuu school, so she isn't a "pro" in the sense of being able to reliably give you one of the standard anime voices. Her agency, Space Craft, is mainly a singers' and actors' agency, rather than a seiyuu agency.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-11, 23:47   Link #155
Saleh
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
I have to agree with this. In her past performances, i've never really seen anything that makes me believe she's one of the best at her job like oh so many people have been saying. I can say it now with this show, though it's a shame nor nearly enough people are watching it. A huge shame.

I do have one problem with this series though, and that's the ED. It's basically showing us what is going to happen at some point in the series, and i don't like that. I'd rather see that ED once the second part of the story begins. I guess the same can be said for the OP, though it doesn't annoy me in that aspect as much as the ED.
That may be true but they may only have resources for 1 OP & ED. Also, Nijuu Mensou is likely to dissappear before second cour begins (within 2 ep) considering that Chiko can act independently if needed and Nijuu Mensou's role is almost over for now.

Spoiler for Episode 5:
Old 2008-05-12, 06:39   Link #156
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
As for Hirano, I only began to think of her as an excellent seiyuu when I heard her as Layla in NANA, which is a show that not everyone watched, and in which she is a secondary character who doesn't appear in the majority of episodes -- but blows you away emotionally when she does. Haruhi was good, but didn't strike me that much.
Hirano has Reira was rather unexpected back when she first appeared in NANA. but i hands down agree with you about the emotional impact with her scenes. The emotional impact for me is what makes the story as popular as it is, and she did the perfect job in the anime adaptation.

I'll go back on what i previously said, it was Reira's role that made Hirano stand out as one of the best seiyuu's for me.
Old 2008-05-12, 07:17   Link #157
Yuudai-kun

Spoiler for Episode 5:

Sadly, this show has gotten less attention it deserves. If the story continues to be as surprising as it was until now, i have no doubt it becomes one of my favorite. Thank god it's 22 eps and Bones has enough time for the plot.
Yuudai-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-12, 19:18   Link #158
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

What gets me worried:

Spoiler for Preview:
Kang Seung Jae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-12, 20:47   Link #159
nanafan
horo fan

oh yay this show is awesome! i was shocked in the begining how chiko catches on to things so fast. i want to see her in more action, the last episode was awesome it had me on the edge of my seat.
nanafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-12, 23:03   Link #160
Ellaya_dw

Send a message via ICQ to Ellaya_dw
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kang Seung Jae View Post
What gets me worried:

Spoiler for Preview:
Me too
Spoiler for thoughts:
Ellaya_dw is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags