AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-05-13, 01:00   Link #2401
Theo

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurkeyPotPie View Post
Reading the comments for the last few episodes, I feel like I'm watching a totally different show than you guys. Is anyone else disappointed with the direction this show had gone? That last arc was weak, but episode 19 was fucking terrible. It's where the production team is obviously running out of time and money, and you'd usually get a recap episode to try to get caught up, but instead we got this. I think I would have preferred a recap episode. No movement and obvious cost cutting everywhere, plus almost everyone was off model. The preview for the next episode doesn't look any better. Are we into the anime original part now? I had hoped we'd get the regular Bentenmaru crew back and get a slightly more serious final arc, but it looks like more moe yacht club stuff (a beach episode, really?)
Luckily, this arc seems to only last for 19-21, then it's a "pirate hunt" arc.
Theo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-13, 02:26   Link #2402
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Ai looks like she's going to be one dangerous pilot one day (soon). She rather likes their dinghy. Also flying the Silent Whisper. A rather small First Year is piloting the high tech FTL equipped fighter. But then she has also piloted a pirate warship in combat...so I suppose she can fly anything now with at least some credibility.
Old 2012-05-13, 02:54   Link #2403
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkatron View Post
Actually, she kicked off the ground in order to push the trash around, so I think Newtonian law was retained quite well
Wrong. Kicking off the ground should have sent her floating up. That didn't happen. Plus, no gravity means very little traction (IIRC, it's proportional to the area of contact and the force exerted on it).
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-13, 02:56   Link #2404
Wandering_Youth
lost in wonder forever...

Episode 19

A nice episode to end the previous arc, I guess. Poor Marika is so worn out from going to school and working as a pirate. She needs a vacation badly.
Old 2012-05-13, 04:34   Link #2405
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Ai looks like she's going to be one dangerous pilot one day (soon). She rather likes their dinghy. Also flying the Silent Whisper. A rather small First Year is piloting the high tech FTL equipped fighter. But then she has also piloted a pirate warship in combat...so I suppose she can fly anything now with at least some credibility.
And if the background stories of most Enterprise crews are to go by, every single one of them is destined for flagship postings...
Old 2012-05-13, 08:54   Link #2406
encia

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
And if the background stories of most Enterprise crews are to go by, every single one of them is destined for flagship postings...
Or death/"red shirts" ship USS Valiant i.e. a gimped Defiant Class prototype use for so-called "best of the best" "red squad" cadets training ship.

Unlike the Yacht club's Yayoi (has engineering experience), "Red squad" didn't solve Valiant's warp drive/warp core issues which limits it's warp speed/warp power and stability with it's power grid.

Last edited by encia; 2012-05-13 at 09:45.
encia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-13, 10:03   Link #2407
Scarletknive
Meister

Misa:Tsumo, Tsu an kou.(Four concealed triplets)
Me:And here I thought she was good at bad waits...(Or maybe she is.)

Anyway, a tiring day makes a person tired.
Scarletknive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-13, 10:08   Link #2408
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Ai is ridiculously cute. That is all.
Old 2012-05-13, 10:11   Link #2409
Scarletknive
Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
It is night time so don't make your heart shut down.(My heart already shut down 10 hours ago due to moeness from another series.)

Speaking of which from my post just now:
Misa's VA is the same as Takei Hisa's(From Mainline Saki) VA, thus when they play mahjong and she wins a yakuman, i said something about her using bad waits again.
Old 2012-05-13, 10:18   Link #2410
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Indeed. Though for me, she was just that ridiculously cute pilot... until this showed up.

Ai's gonna show the noobs how to catch some wind, and look adorable doing so!

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-13, 10:20   Link #2411
Scarletknive
Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Indeed. Though for me, she was just that ridiculously cute pilot... until this showed up.

Ai's gonna show the noobs how to catch some wind, and look adorable doing so!
Now I wonder what is the TV Trope they use for cute yet badass?
Old 2012-05-13, 10:27   Link #2412
Utsuro no Hako

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarletknive View Post
Now I wonder what is the TV Trope they use for cute yet badass?
Badass Adorable.
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-13, 10:38   Link #2413
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

I knew Ai was a gem. The preview just proves it.

Interestingly, my fic makes more sense after the Jenny arc than before... Looks like I have A LOT of rewriting to do...

Quote:
Originally Posted by encia View Post
Or death/"red shirts" ship USS Valiant i.e. a gimped Defiant Class prototype use for so-called "best of the best" "red squad" cadets training ship.

Unlike the Yacht club's Yayoi (has engineering experience), "Red squad" didn't solve Valiant's warp drive/warp core issues which limits it's warp speed/warp power and stability with it's power grid.
Your 2nd point alone places them in the flagship category.

PLUS, Marika may not be a great person, or a great student, but because she is not the kind that gets everyone killed. On that alone, she is a good captain.

Ah, good ol' Nog.
Old 2012-05-13, 13:35   Link #2414
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
now i just realized that the Kato family's ring's design looks really similar to The Phantom's ring.....

*imagines Marika punching the crap out of somebody which leaves a skull-shaped scar mark from her ring onto their bodies*

so does that mean the Kato's are actually the descendants of the The Phantom family!?
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-13, 14:17   Link #2415
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

Spoiler for Some thoughts on Episode 19:

Chiaki, you need to come back and wear out Marika with ..er... "special attention" so that Marika sleeps for three days straight! You know what must be done!

Endless "Watching a different show" Soul
Old 2012-05-13, 15:16   Link #2416
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Quote:
And meanwhile, a young girl, the splitting image of Marika, infiltrates the Hakuoh Academy and steals plans of the original Bentenmaru from the encrypted data banks. The club pursues, but the Odette II is caught in the transwarp wake of the spy’s shuttlecraft. They find themselves in orbit around Morningstar, but everything’s different. They've also jumped several months into the future. And that’s when they realize…

...that they are in the Mirror Universe, and another Katou Marika is about to pull off the greatest act piracy ever: Use the Defiant-class Bentenmaru to steal an entire galaxy from the United Federation of Serenity!

(screw star wars, everything is cooler in the Mirror Universe!)

I have a question for you Meister Babylon, you invented this scenario is or what you have seen this scenario in the novel?
Chiaki_chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-13, 15:20   Link #2417
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Hello, first I must say I am a French girl manga and anime fan, I'm 19, I like video games, so I registered here is simply because you speak an anime that I love! Moretsu Pirate and not any other forum not speak much French ...

I hope to do much good KNOWLEDGE thank you for reading
Chiaki_chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-13, 15:48   Link #2418
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Judging from past conversations, I would say it is something invented for fan fiction purposes. Based on the series and images from various artists.

And welcome. There are other French speakers around, though I don't know how many watch this particular show.
Old 2012-05-13, 15:58   Link #2419
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurkeyPotPie View Post
Reading the comments for the last few episodes, I feel like I'm watching a totally different show than you guys. Is anyone else disappointed with the direction this show had gone? That last arc was weak, but episode 19 was fucking terrible. It's where the production team is obviously running out of time and money, and you'd usually get a recap episode to try to get caught up, but instead we got this. I think I would have preferred a recap episode. No movement and obvious cost cutting everywhere, plus almost everyone was off model. The preview for the next episode doesn't look any better. Are we into the anime original part now? I had hoped we'd get the regular Bentenmaru crew back and get a slightly more serious final arc, but it looks like more moe yacht club stuff (a beach episode, really?)
I feel the exact same way. I was initially expecting pretty much the kind of show we've gotten this past couple of episodes but saw my expectations rise meteorically after the first two story arcs. I mean I was ok with episode 18, it was a simple breather episode that a 26 episode long show needs to have, but episode 19 was just dreadful. I spent half the episode wanting to slap the serenity princesses and the other half facepalming at how "high" Marika looked.

I did however get the realization that Ai is just too freaking cute after she asked to pilot the dinghy but that's about it.

As for the preview I won't comment much on it cause we've been mislead before (beach episode that turns into Marika going around dealing with paperwork anyone?)
Old 2012-05-13, 16:07   Link #2420
Darthtabby

I found the latest episode fine myself. I was actually far more dissatisfied with the resolution to the last story arc. Actually I've had issues with the resolutions to both the last two story arcs. In both cases it felt like there was a lot of missing background information and things were resolved too easily.
Darthtabby is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light novel adaptation, science fiction, seinen, yuri