Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-04-29, 17:31   Link #8321
FFXFan13
Swag Level: Glasses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Carpet View Post
Does anyone else think that Namanie could be a new competitor for Zen's affection after this is over?
Hope not, guy has plenty as it is. The other male character's need some girlfriend's too.
FFXFan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-29, 17:32   Link #8322
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Kurosu
I'm curious about what Wanizuka has to do with any of this, she never really interacted with Zenkichi all before any of this.
Kurosu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-29, 17:34   Link #8323
Last Carpet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurosu View Post
I'm curious about what Wanizuka has to do with any of this, she never really interacted with Zenkichi all that much before did she.
I think she became a member of the student council for one of two reasons

1. to impress Kouki by taking his former position

2. as a favor to Kei because he believes responsibility will help her in the long run
Last Carpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-29, 17:36   Link #8324
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Carpet View Post
I think she's OK with that though

Like in Rosario+Vampire Mizore is perfectly fine if Tsukune marries someone else because she's content with stalking him. If Zen's happy, Mukae's happy.

Suffice it to say, I hope Zen takes notice of some of the girls who'd be willing to give him a chance. Maybe see how actual romance feels.

Looking forward to seeing this. Zen still has Parasite Seeing(as far as we know) and I'm anxious to see how Devil Style works in a physical fight.

Does anyone else think that Namanie could be a new competitor for Zen's affection after this is over?
Pretty much before his Medaka revelation he seemed pretty liberal going by the fact he professed his love to Shiranui on several occassions.

Going by this set up he probably he probably has an idea that some of the girls like him (aside from Naze he seems oblivious to that and I'm not surprised considering her personality and it's not even really confirmed.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FFXFan13 View Post
Hope not, guy has plenty as it is. The other male character's need some girlfriend's too.
What other male characters are important enough to have them? Kumagawa already had his naked apron alliance swag, plus that other girl (I forget her name) and he'll probably get some more. Aside from that noone else really seems important enough. Because lets be honest here from now on this manga will most probably be female dominated.
Tenchi Hou Take is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-29, 17:39   Link #8325
Xiyon

Quote:
To be fair, Kuma did get himself a middle-school harem...

Kumagawa can have the fans and Akune has the nameless Academy ladies (Prince of Judo, anyone?). Zen can have the noteworthy psycho babes o/
Xiyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-29, 17:40   Link #8326
FFXFan13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiyon View Post
To be fair, Kuma did get himself a middle-school harem...

Kumagawa can have the fans and Akune has the nameless Academy ladies (Prince of Judo, anyone?). Zen can have the noteworthy psycho babes o/
That's entirely unfair to everyone else.
Old 2012-04-29, 17:42   Link #8327
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
He is pretty much the second main character, so outside Medaka herself he is the most important and when have harems ever been fair? I'd be more surprised the rest of male characters even got significant screentime anymore outside of Kumagawa.

Him and Kumagawa pretty much run this shit.
Old 2012-04-29, 17:46   Link #8328
FFXFan13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Hou Take View Post
He is pretty much the second main character, so outside Medaka herself he is the most important and when have harems ever been fair? I'd be more surprised the rest of male characters even got significant screentime anymore outside of Kumagawa.
That's true, unfortunately... Oh well, when there are problems with the main series, it's up to fanfiction to fix the flaws, I guess.
Old 2012-04-29, 17:49   Link #8329
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
That makes it sound less like a harem, and more like cheating on your girlfriend, with multiple women.
Isn't that how all shounen harems are? The only difference between them is how they end:
- The To-love-Ru way...where there is no ending, just endless cycle of fanservice;
- The School Days way...where the ending isn't very...hmm...healthy? For the MC;
- The Rosario+Vampire way...where you know he'll end up with the main girl but the others will still be around, being sore losers.

Quote:
LIFE AIN'T FAIR!

Plus, as said before, the only other character that deserves a harem is Kumagawa and he has the naked apron alliance already. Zen is the MC...he deserves his own epic harem...of...psycho girls...
Seriously he has a tendency of attracting the loonies...
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-29, 17:50   Link #8330
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
That's true, unfortunately... Oh well, when there are problems with the main series, it's up to fanfiction to fix the flaws, I guess.
Speaking of male characters godammit I miss Hinokage, hopefully since Naze seems to have been moved more to the forefront of the plot and she also had a battle in the minus 13 arc, he'll get some more screen.
Old 2012-04-29, 17:52   Link #8331
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Didn't Hinokage already graduate or something?
Old 2012-04-29, 17:54   Link #8332
FFXFan13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Isn't that how all shounen harems are? The only difference between them is how they end:
- The To-love-Ru way...where there is no ending, just endless cycle of fanservice;
- The School Days way...where the ending isn't very...hmm...healthy? For the MC;
- The Rosario+Vampire way...where you know he'll end up with the main girl but the others will still be around, being sore losers.
They may be Harem genre, but, I don't think they're really harems. Unless all the girls get together with the guy, it doesn't really qualify, Tenchi Muyo would have made a better example.

Quote:
LIFE AIN'T FAIR!

Plus, as said before, the only other character that deserves a harem is Kumagawa and he has the naked apron alliance already. Zen is the MC...he deserves his own epic harem...of...psycho girls...
Seriously he has a tendency of attracting the loonies...
Zen needs less ladies, and Kumagawa needs more. Especially since , at the very least, one of the Naked Apron Alliance is in love with Akune.
Old 2012-04-29, 17:56   Link #8333
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Didn't Hinokage already graduate or something?
Most probably but we're now well beyond the stage were someone being apart of the school matters anymore, I mean their fighting on airplane carrier and none of this shit has anything to do with the school.
Old 2012-04-29, 17:56   Link #8334
Xiyon

Quote:
<-is currently in the process of writing a fanfic...

But meh, Kuma and Akune do have their harems, in a way. It's about time Zen has his~!

Bet nobody will complain if Kuma gets more ladies though~
Old 2012-04-29, 17:57   Link #8335
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
They may be Harem genre, but, I don't think they're really harems. Unless all the girls get together with the guy, it doesn't really qualify, Tenchi Muyo would have made a better example.

Zen needs less ladies, and Kumagawa needs more. Especially since , at the very least, one of the Naked Apron Alliance is in love with Akune.
That's like your opinion man, seriously though outside from personal preference neither characters need more ladies.
Old 2012-04-29, 17:58   Link #8336
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Agree to disagree then...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Hou Take View Post
Most probably but we're now well beyond the stage were someone being apart of the school matters anymore, I mean their fighting on airplane carrier and none of this shit has anything to do with the school.
Point taken my friend...point taken.
Old 2012-04-29, 17:59   Link #8337
Xiyon

Quote:

I spoke too late o.0 Everyone types so fast ~_~

Anyways, I doubt the story will even focus on the harem. By your definition though, Zen doesn't have a harem since all the girls haven't gotten together with him.
Old 2012-04-29, 18:01   Link #8338
FFXFan13

Quote:
<-is currently in the process of writing a fanfic...
Looks like I'll need to write my own in order to counter yours.

Quote:
But meh, Kuma and Akune do have their harems, in a way. It's about time Zen has his~!
Kumagawa has 2 girls who are potentially interested in him, and one of them is a middle schooler. Akune has 1 girl, and a horde of fangirls.

Quote:
Bet nobody will complain if Kuma gets more ladies though~
The Zenkichi fans that make up this thread might.
Old 2012-04-29, 18:01   Link #8339
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Back in the One piece manga section we have this joke where each new character introduced someone goes "X for new crew member!"

I PROPOSE! That we start doing that here only it'll be "X for Y's new harem member!" where X is the new girl/guy and Y is your character of choice. I'll start.

Crazy katana zombie psycho girl for new Zen harem member!
Old 2012-04-29, 18:05   Link #8340
FFXFan13

Quote:
Back in the One piece manga section we have this joke where each new character introduced someone goes "X for new crew member!"

I PROPOSE! That we start doing that here only it'll be "X for Y's new harem member!" where X is the new girl/guy and Y is your character of choice. I'll start.

Crazy katana zombie psycho girl for new Zen harem member!

Tags
action, comedy, harem, nishio, romance, shounen, student council