AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Full Metal Panic

Notices

Old 2015-11-23, 14:48   Link #121
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Bones working on Captain Planet would be quite the scoop!
I WISH Bones would do a Captain Planet anime.
Old 2015-11-23, 15:48   Link #122
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocari_Sweat View Post
And Raxephon and Escaflowne. But people seem to associate bones mecha with Captain Planet and E7 AO, though I'm watching through AO atm and it's no where near as horrible as people claim it to be (and I love the original).
It gets worst plotwise the longer it goes on. It never disapoints on a visual level though (imho).

But a Bones Captain Planet anime would be brilliant
Old 2015-11-23, 16:49   Link #123
dasvik

Send a message via Yahoo to dasvik
Ok, noob question here... what's the difference between making a mecha anime and a non-mecha anime? I mean, why Kyoani doesn't want to make any more mecha, for example? Pardon my ignorance, but animating robots doesn't seem so much different than animating people.
dasvik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-23, 16:55   Link #124
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

More details on the machines are usually needed over the standard characters. It is the detailing and keeping that consistent in animation that is time consuming. Even with CG, as some companies use hand drawn detailing on top of CG for a better effect.
Old 2015-11-23, 17:50   Link #125
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
I meant captain earth. Jeez people.
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-02, 08:29   Link #126
cuzsal
I watch too much Anime

ok i just had the random urge to look up Full Metal Panic on AniDB then saw this for 2016 took me a min for it to sink in haha

cant wait omg, been waiting this for so long now
cuzsal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-16, 19:17   Link #127
Subzero00

When will we find out more details about the new fmp. Example the studio, year of release, length and so on
Subzero00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-16, 20:10   Link #128
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subzero00 View Post
When will we find out more details about the new fmp. Example the studio, year of release, length and so on
Every time you bump a thread after two weeks of inactivity, people will think you posted new details.
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-17, 14:30   Link #129
Ulin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempester View Post
Every time you bump a thread after two weeks of inactivity, people will think you posted new details.
Yep, I entered here being pretty excited
Ulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-17, 19:03   Link #130
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulin View Post
Yep, I entered here being pretty excited
Lol, same.

Favorite Game Series: #0 The legend of heroes (everything but especially ZERO/AO) #1 Zero escape series. #2 Persona series. #3 Pokemon. #4 Bravely Default series. ; #5 Ace Attorney (including the spin-offs); #6 Legend of Zelda. #7 Dragon Quest (including the spin-offs)

Favorite Anime: Castle in the Sky (why is this so underrated ) Gankutsuou; Railgun S; Little Witch Academia (one of the most philosophically interesting/deep shows that I've seen, while also being the single most feel good of feel good shows that I have ever seen; literally the weirdest combination ever); Kill la Kill (because it saved anime )
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-08, 12:34   Link #131
Subzero00

Juat finished watching full metal panic ultimate edition. Soooooo can't wait for the new season. Itching more more info
Subzero00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-23, 05:18   Link #132
jzmagic
flargansbog

I gave up on hoping a while back, my prayers were answered!
jzmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-23, 05:40   Link #133
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Dangit, you made me think there was some more news on this. >.<

So after the years of waiting for this to happen, now it's the long wait to see when this will air. And then the long wait for it to actually air. $&#@!
Old 2016-01-23, 06:23   Link #134
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post

So after the years of waiting for this to happen, now it's the long wait to see when this will air. And then the long wait for it to actually air. $&#@!
Look on the bright side: at least we're getting something after all these years. And it works wonderfully since the UK BluRay release was just last December which means I can causally rewatch the 3 seasons in preparation! (That and I finally swallowed the costs of shipping the one missing english-translated novel in my collection )

The Hype is real!
Old 2016-01-23, 07:42   Link #135
Ulin

Are the sort stories volumes published in English? And if they are not, are they translated anywhere? I've read the novels but I didn't find the SS last time...
Old 2016-01-23, 07:56   Link #136
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulin View Post
Are the sort stories volumes published in English? And if they are not, are they translated anywhere? I've read the novels but I didn't find the SS last time...
No. Officially only the first 5 novels have an official English release (and even that is relatively hard to find now that Tokyopop went bust): Fighting Boy Meets Girls, Ending Day By Day, Into the Blue, Ending day by day (this one was a single book in English but two in Japanese). If you've seen the anime you've seen every bit of story that was translated. There are fan translations for the rest of the novels I believe.
Old 2016-01-23, 07:57   Link #137
Ulin

Yeah, I've read the whole main story, but I couldn't find any fan translation for the Short Stories
Old 2016-01-23, 13:27   Link #138
Mugen26

As much as the wait for more information is super tedious, I'm happy that we live in a time where we know new anime to finish the story IS coming, rather then wondering IF it'll ever come, making us lose hope entirely. The 10 year long wait prior to the announcement was utterly soul-crushing year after year, especially from several teases with no reward. It's no surprise when we start foaming at the mouth for more updates and information. Can they just throw us a bone and give us anything more? Like what studio or when it can be expected? We know it'll come eventually, but for now....more waiting.
Mugen26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-23, 14:33   Link #139
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jzmagic View Post
I gave up on hoping a while back, my prayers were answered!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Mods should just lock the thread until there actually is news to prevent this nonsense.
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-23, 16:07   Link #140
moodie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempester View Post
Mods should just lock the thread until there actually is news to prevent this nonsense.
why its members own fault for thinking there will be news, besides usually there are announcement leading up to news anyways.

this is a thread to anticipate ppl should bump this whenever as long as its talking about the series.

dont treat this thread differently because u care for it more than other threads
moodie is offline   Reply With Quote