AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2014-03-29, 10:31   Link #41
yellowscarves

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cej3pfi1fT4

A non-camrip version, though the quality is still meh.

I thought for sure we'd get a PV after that special that aired on Thursday/Friday, considering how much they previewed, but I guess not. There was a bit on Maruo vs Miyagawa. Ike was also shown in the ending.

Last edited by yellowscarves; 2014-03-29 at 10:42.
yellowscarves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-29, 11:54   Link #42
neshru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utsuro no Hako View Post
Are they using rotoscope or some form of motion capture for the tennis matches? Because some of those motions look incredibly realistic.
I think it's more likely to be the work of skilled animators. I'm sure Masahiko Murata and Masayuki Kouda have a bunch of acquaintances that they can bring over to the show. The question is how many episodes will actually feature that level of animation.
neshru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-05, 16:06   Link #43
LKK

Crunchyroll has the stream.

Quote:
Baby Steps is set to broadcast every Sunday starting on April 6 at 3:00am Pacific Time, and free members are able to watch one week later.

Baby Steps will be available to Crunchyroll’s audiences in the following territories: USA, Canada, South Africa, Australia, New Zealand, Latin America (Central and South America including Caribbean), UK, Ireland, Finland, Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Netherlands, and Turkey.
[Source]

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-05, 20:26   Link #44
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post

[Source]
Thank Goc.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-05, 21:41   Link #45
Utsuro no Hako

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post

[Source]
They sure held the announcement to the last minute. I was starting to wonder if I'd have to resort to fansubs (assuming anyone bothered to sub it).
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-05, 21:57   Link #46
LKK

^^ Crunchyroll has been cutting it close when it comes to announcing streams this season. But Baby Steps isn't the closest. I don't remember which series it was, but I remember one series' announcement went something like "We're streaming this new show. Oh, and by the way, it's starting now." Sheesh.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-06, 06:12   Link #47
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

So yeah, it's here. Standard share for a first episode with some foreshadowing here and there. The animation was ok (not too poor like other shows), but pretty much 100% of the time the eyes of the cast were way too weird.

The characters are appealing in the original and that kinda translated in the adaptation, even though no one did anything .... Where is my Inchou fix? D:

There is a guy I don't know about in the ending (unless they colored a certain character's hair weirdly).
Old 2014-04-06, 08:49   Link #48
Meltyred

Seems like time jumps are frequent in this season's animes.... we had that match that took place probably 30-40 chapters later....
And then jumped to chapter 1 of the manga.. wut.
Meltyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-06, 08:54   Link #49
ookamigirl

Tennis anime.
Maruo is an unusual guy.
Seems like he sees the world through calculations.
His new activity brought change into his life.
He realized that others have their own goal is life.
This could be a good wake up call for him.
It's an ok anime, but I think I'm gonna skip this one.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-06, 10:17   Link #50
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Not a bad first episode. Visually it looked alright and pretty well got Maruo curious enough about tennis.

Does seem like seires just love the time skip preview. Not sure how necessary that was. I mean the OP pretty well does that job already. Not like it's any shocker that Maruo is going to get into tennis.

As expected it will take a bit of time to get behind the voices for Maruo and Natsu. Just one of those jumps you have to make from what you think they'd sound like to what they actually sound like in the series.

Solid enough start to build on.
Old 2014-04-06, 10:26   Link #51
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
As expected it will take a bit of time to get behind the voices for Maruo and Natsu. Just one of those jumps you have to make from what you think they'd sound like to what they actually sound like in the series.
Agreed. But imo at least it’s not as bad as I had to endure hearing adult Son Goku from DBZ shouting with his grandma voice, or listening to Lala from To-Love-Ru talking with her high-pitched voice (or whatever you call squeal-y child-like voice she has).
Old 2014-04-06, 10:40   Link #52
Dop
Mmmm....

I'm not a huge fan of sport anime, largely as I'm not a huge fan of sport (although I sometimes wish the Japanese had picked up Cricket so we'd have cricketing anime - although they'd probably need at least two cour to cover a test match), but while Haikyuu!! left me cold this show did appeal to me, so it's on my "to watch" list.
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-06, 10:42   Link #53
Eclipze

The quality for episode 1 is abit worrying. The tennis scenes looked pretty good, but apart from those the animation were really stiff (simple gestures and movements during the classroom scenes for example), plus the inconsistent/bad artwork (mostly bothered by Natsu's face here).

Seems to be following the manga closely, at least no notable original material so far. I just hope the art/animation quality doesn't get much worse than this, especially for the crucial scenes.
Eclipze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-06, 10:46   Link #54
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Agreed. But imo at least it’s not as bad as I had to endure hearing adult Son Goku from DBZ shouting with his grandma voice, or listening to Lala from To-Love-Ru talking with her high-pitched voice (or whatever you call squeal-y child-like voice she has).
Definitely could have been worse. At least it's just a case of getting used to voices that weren't quite what I expected rather then it being "oh god these people are horrible. "
Old 2014-04-06, 11:45   Link #55
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Well, that was not to bad overall. I kinda like the personalities of the charas so far, and esp the MC, who I cantotally relate to in terms of liking beautifully written, cleannotes like that.
Old 2014-04-06, 12:16   Link #56
HandofFate

Good 1st episode, no actual sports action yet though.

I think this will be a good series for sports anime fans if they're looking for an old fashioned sports anime that focuses on hard work and training similar to Ippo instead of the more modern sports anime like Kuroko's Basketball or Pedal which tend to focus more on friendship, and training is more in the background or offscreen.
Old 2014-04-06, 13:37   Link #57
bakaouji

Okay, first things first, why does a guy, who's got a severe case of OCD and is an honor student, have spiky hair that you'd expect a delinquent to sport? His hair alone pretty much rejects and is at odds with his entire personality not to mention it's very distracting.

Not exactly a fan of the character designs, particularly the main character. I mean why do the extras and other supporting characters look better than the main characters? The MC almost looks like a coconut.

However, what I did like was how the character movements seemed like they were rotoscoped while they were playing tennis. Looks to me like the show's gonna portray tennis as realistically possible.

Like the title suggests it appears we've got to settle in for the long haul if we choose to stick with the show but I hope it doesn't take too long for Ei-chan to enter a tournament. If its too slow I might as well choose to marathon it instead of watching it weekly.
bakaouji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-06, 13:47   Link #58
magnumcyclonex
Cyclone Magnum

I'm liking this anime. I'm more for realistic sports animation than overpowered, glorified moves ala Prince of Tennis. The tennis scenes were done well imo, and shows how the players move from shot to shot, and really for me, that's mostly what I expect the most from this anime. I'd be disappointed if the anime devolves to scenes of players hitting their shots without showing the overall court and the balls trajectory, or coming up with clutch super moves. At least I can handle "Data Tennis", but I also hope that isn't taken to the extreme here.

Also, I feel old...I haven't done quadratic equations in close to 10 years.
magnumcyclonex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-06, 16:29   Link #59
Johnny
Working the bags...

Didn't care the first part with this is what to expect tennis match. Should have stuck with how it went in the manga and did the classroom scene. Other than that it was pretty decent start...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-06, 16:36   Link #60
TrueDevil
Not from this world

Hmm another sports anime huh, though when I see the MC and the chick I though they animated GE-Good Ending.
So an MC who is not a complete moron but a genius student kinda like Hachiken.
Animation is neat and sound is also nice.
Gonna look forward to it.
TrueDevil is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
shounen, sports, tennis