AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Zero no Tsukaima

Notices

Old 2007-12-19, 17:37   Link #21
UPR

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
I love how everyone blames this one guy. It's not as if there wasn't an entire team of writers, producers, episode directors, storyboard artists, and corporate sponsors who all worked on, reviewed, and/or approved the show at every step along the way, from the planning stages to the final product. Firing the director would be more of a symbolic gesture than anything else; the way the show turned out on the whole was a collective decision.

In either case, we'll have to wait and see who'll be on tap for season 3...
True. But if you fire the director then the whole team goes as well.

It's like pro sports team, when the head coach gets axed then the rest of the coaches also goes, since he was the one that brought them him. Nrw director new production personnal.
Old 2007-12-19, 23:24   Link #22
zqube

I like the novels too much to ignore a season 3. It would take a whole lot to get me to not watch the next season.
zqube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-19, 23:39   Link #23
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by UPR View Post
True. But if you fire the director then the whole team goes as well.

It's like pro sports team, when the head coach gets axed then the rest of the coaches also goes, since he was the one that brought them him. Nrw director new production personnal.
Nah, it's not like that in anime, unless you actually go with an entirely different production company or decide to switch the whole team on purpose (to make a point). The producers will still be the same, and they're the ones who ultimately decide on the main staff. Even if a different director is appointed, they might use the same writers, or the same episode directors, or even the same script coordinator. Even between the first and second seasons they had most of the same animation staff (art director, animation director, character designer, etc.) So there's no guarantee -- it isn't like sports.

In any case, though, we'll see what they do.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-21, 04:20   Link #24
slidingk1

Well they can't screw as bad as the second telling of Negami that was a train wreck if I ever saw one. Hopefully season 3 will be 26 episodes and have something called plot!!!!!! It was honestly painful to watch season 2 cause how random the flow was for everything.

I have no idea why they focused so much attention on side character development and nothing on the main cast??? For the love of god half the series was wasted away on a storyline that I could have cared less about.
slidingk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-21, 05:45   Link #25
teachopvutru
Urusai~Urusai~Urusai~

Quote:
Nah, it's not like that in anime, unless you actually go with an entirely different production company or decide to switch the whole team on purpose (to make a point). The producers will still be the same, and they're the ones who ultimately decide on the main staff. Even if a different director is appointed, they might use the same writers, or the same episode directors, or even the same script coordinator. Even between the first and second seasons they had most of the same animation staff (art director, animation director, character designer, etc.) So there's no guarantee -- it isn't like sports.

In any case, though, we'll see what they do.
Or they could fire the whole team? (actually, the art director and character designer are fine to stay, as long as they decide to stop with the disproportional boobs just so the story can poke fun with)

Here's hoping that they redo everything after the ... who was it again... the brown/orange girl's arc ... So basically the last 3-4 episodes of the 2nd season.

I'm not going to get excited over this because I was so disappointed about the 2nd season. The 1st season was very cute... and after being spoiled by novels, I was expecting some major developments in 2nd season, meh. <.<

"FOUND YOU!" ~Taiga
teachopvutru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-21, 10:59   Link #26
f4bidnish40

Send a message via AIM to f4bidnish40 Send a message via Yahoo to f4bidnish40
1) Fire the director (same dude who did love hina hence the boobs i think)

2)have louise wake up and find saito's not there and it was all a dream.

3) cross fingers

4) hope that tiffania wouldn't be ruined.
f4bidnish40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-21, 11:43   Link #27
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by f4bidnish40 View Post
1) Fire the director (same dude who did love hina hence the boobs i think)
IIRC the Love Hina director did the first season which I didn't have any real problems with, the 2nd season was done by some talentless hack.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-21, 19:42   Link #28
justsomeguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
IIRC the Love Hina director did the first season which I didn't have any real problems with, the 2nd season was done by some talentless hack.
Yuu Kou, the guy who did Chrono Crusade.
justsomeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-22, 17:28   Link #29
demonfodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by minhtam2448 View Post
But ignoring it will also anger/irritate the fans a little bit. I think it's best that they go with my proposed solution #1, in which the ending sequence for season 2 was just a dream Saito had. That's all.
unfortunately for the hardcore manga purists the anime fan base is barely made up of a quarter of them although they are the most vocal to whine about anime series not meeting their expectations anime companies have decided to cater to the anime fans and not those who feel the books must be copied exactly to the very last detail.

personally I really don't care if an anime series follows the original books as long as the series is enjoyable to watch as it is regardless of its original story line.

the only time a change in story should be argued is if the story itself is changed against the wishes of its author and I will support an authors fight against the production company that has done so. another time(although not the same circumstance) would be as an example one piece which was butchered by 4kids to reduce its rating to the point where the anime could not even make sense after editing but that was an editing issue the anime already existed in its original form.

so for the great majority of cases I really don't give much weight to the constant whining of the purists too many threads get filled with "but in the manga it was this way so I hate the anime" IMHO tough nuggies for you whiners most of the series you deride are still very funny and entertaining as they are and I'm glad I've watched them how about taking that lemon out of your mouths and enjoy whats there instead of puckering up for another round of whining maybe a lot of threads would make for much better reading.
demonfodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-22, 17:54   Link #30
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonfodder View Post
so for the great majority of cases I really don't give much weight to the constant whining of the purists too many threads get filled with "but in the manga it was this way so I hate the anime" IMHO tough nuggies for you whiners most of the series you deride are still very funny and entertaining as they are and I'm glad I've watched them how about taking that lemon out of your mouths and enjoy whats there instead of puckering up for another round of whining maybe a lot of threads would make for much better reading.
A little bit blunt, but... I have to admit, I sort of agree. The anime producers for both series have never been overly concerned about remaining true to the novels. The most reasonable thing to expect is that the third season will follow the second in spirit and in content -- after all, it's based on the second season and its sales that a third season is being greenlit. I think people should just count their "losses" with the second season and move on.
Old 2007-12-22, 17:57   Link #31
fuzzles
anal retentive

Send a message via AIM to fuzzles
Quote:
unfortunately for the hardcore manga purists the anime fan base is barely made up of a quarter of them although they are the most vocal to whine about anime series not meeting their expectations anime companies have decided to cater to the anime fans and not those who feel the books must be copied exactly to the very last detail.

personally I really don't care if an anime series follows the original books as long as the series is enjoyable to watch as it is regardless of its original story line.

the only time a change in story should be argued is if the story itself is changed against the wishes of its author and I will support an authors fight against the production company that has done so. another time(although not the same circumstance) would be as an example one piece which was butchered by 4kids to reduce its rating to the point where the anime could not even make sense after editing but that was an editing issue the anime already existed in its original form.

I don't really blame the diversion from the story myself it's the huge rush they put on everything that bugged me.

not to say i didn't enjoy the second season I'm perverted enough to enjoy watching slapstick ecchi scenes although rewatchability really disappears to me if they do that and make the story just skin deep.

nonetheless looking forward to the third season maybe they'll explain what rly happened instead of "big boobed fairy saves the day" and the show is still freaking hilarious I don't care what anyone says that it's done in poor taste or whatever it's still freaking hilarious to me and I'll still enjoy it just for that.
fuzzles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-22, 18:07   Link #32
demonfodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzles View Post
I don't really blame the diversion from the story myself it's the huge rush they put on everything that bugged me.

not to say i didn't enjoy the second season I'm perverted enough to enjoy watching slapstick ecchi scenes although rewatchability really disappears to me if they do that and make the story just skin deep.

nonetheless looking forward to the third season maybe they'll explain what rly happened instead of "big boobed fairy saves the day" and the show is still freaking hilarious I don't care what anyone says that it's done in poor taste or whatever it's still freaking hilarious to me and I'll still enjoy it just for that.
exactly if I watch a series and during each episode something makes me burst out laughing regardless of the reason for it thats the whole point of watching a form of comedy the same can be said of a drama if your pulled in to the point of feeling for a character while watching who really cares if a book the story was based on said it some other way?

sure there are issues like you said about the feel of being rushed but thats probably far more because the series used short seasons of 12-13 episodes instead of 24-26/season so the development needs to be done in far more hit you in the head ways instead of a more drawn out way that is the luxury of novels.
demonfodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-22, 19:01   Link #33
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:

This post is just full of win.
Old 2007-12-23, 09:40   Link #34
Westlo
Lets be reality

Half of me wants J.C Staff to put their best director Kenichi Kasai (Honey and Clover 1+2, Nodame Cantabile & Kimikiss) in the director's seat, the other half wants to cut my losses on ZnT and expect something else that is great from him in the same season.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-23, 17:03   Link #35
Anima
Oh! You mean we don't?

Being already spoiled of the novels original events, I find it difficult to swallow a 3rd season that doesn't fix the horrors of the final ep of S2. A flashback in the first few episodes of season 3 that shows the events of novel #8 would just be perfect to fix it IMO and no more boob jokes :\

I wont hold my breaths for the third season but I wont ignore it either.
Anima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-26, 02:23   Link #36
relentlessflame

*Administrator

From the "rumour file", Moonphase updated their anime listing with staff information. Although they don't usually list things that aren't sourced, I don't see the source quoted in the blog hence we can err on the safe side and say "rumour".

Director: Yuu Kou (same as second season)
Series Composition: Nahoko Hasegawa (new)
Character Design/Animation Director: Masahiro Fujii (same as first two seasons)
Animation Production: J.C. Staff (obviously)

I think some (very vocal) people will be disappointed by the director, but it's worth noting that the person doing the Series Composition is different. "Series Composition" is basically the structure of the story -- they determine the flow and pacing of material and arrange it for TV (though they don't usually write the actual dialog/screenplay, and so on). So, for people disappointed with the pacing and material covered in the second season, they did change one key staff member that has a large influence on that. So even though it seems the director may not have changed, perhaps it's still worth giving it a chance.

Also, Moonphase linked to this image that may be of interest (though, content-wise, it mostly lists upcoming merchandise available for sale).
Old 2007-12-26, 04:29   Link #37
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Also, Moonphase linked to this image that may be of interest (though, content-wise, it mostly lists upcoming merchandise available for sale).
Ah! It's her! *shuts mouth because she hasn't "appeared" yet in the anime.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-27, 05:48   Link #38
shaolinx
Kani Fascination

So yeah, like most of you mentioned. Have season 3 somehow fix the ending to season2.. it would have ended GREAT on ep 11 and maybe have S3 put in some room for the great scenes that was left out in vol7-8(i.e. siesta/siato + fireplace), but we know thats not gonna happen... As for the animation/art in S2, I found it better and detailed in the first season and should be kelpt for S3, but what do i know ? :P

So, if I am correct, Season2 ended on Novel 8? and there is already vol 13 in japan!? Somehow this is gonna seem like another disaster, nonetheless I will still have a blast watching it as i did Season1 and 2. Its a nice alternative to not having nothing at all, leaving me with the other more non-tsundere crappy romances....
shaolinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-27, 16:25   Link #39
Cavie
rawr rawr monster

Send a message via MSN to Cavie
S2 ending was disappointing. I still loved it though. Hopefully S3 will be just as good..hopefully better! Can't wait!
Cavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-28, 02:59   Link #40
kissthestick

i quite liked the season 2 arc despite the negative responses, but than again i've never read the manga, can anyone breifily summarize what the animators messed up compared to the superior manga version?

thanks.
kissthestick is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adventure, comedy, ecchi, fantasy, j.c. staff, romance, sequel, shounen, tsundere