AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2012-03-09, 23:03   Link #4701
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Mark Sanchez just got a huge contract extension.
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-09, 23:07   Link #4702
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilla View Post

Well, that rules out the Jets for Manning.
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-09, 23:20   Link #4703
Drob_QB7
AYE SIR!

RG3 Has all of washington on hus back now.
Drob_QB7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-09, 23:27   Link #4704
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samari View Post
The Rams and Redskins have just agreed on a trade for the number two overall selection. Per Jay Glazer:

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/gbhvr8
Holy hell that's a lot of picks.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-10, 00:14   Link #4705
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Manning has met with Denver and says Arizona is his next meeting place. From this whole avoiding Eli in playoffs picture, guess it's between Denver, Arizona, Kansas and Miami.

As for the Jets, well...they were never really in the running for Manning. But signing Sanchez for an extra $40.5M for 3 years? Making him the 6th highest paid QB in the game? He'd better play like it as of this coming season or the hate on the Jets will be huge. They'd better chase some receivers capable of route running if they want to jutsify that.

Man, Washington have taken a huge gamble...First round picks in 2012, 13 and 14 and a 2nd round in 2012 just to get the #2 draft spot? They must want RG3 in the worst way. Certainly a year with Luck and RG3 is worth chasing them for. But that many picks...they're not leaving themselves much room to build around him. Is their offense really that set that they only need RG3 to become a playoff team?

You'd think the Rams would be in contention within 3 years with this trade. Surely they'd get some crucial pieces with those picks.

The Colts cut a lot of players, as expected but...who are they filling them with to go around Luck? I don't recall them having much collateral for this pre-season.

Last edited by Last Sinner; 2012-03-10 at 00:25.
Last Sinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-10, 00:58   Link #4706
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

At this point, Indy basically an expansion team coming off the expansion draft, so I wouldn't be surprised if the Colts go WR with the 33rd pick in the draft in an effort to create a buddy-buddy target for Luck.

Like what the new Browns did with Tim Couch & Dennis Northcutt and the Texans did with David Carr & Jabar Gaffney.

Last edited by Dilla; 2012-03-10 at 01:15.
Old 2012-03-10, 02:30   Link #4707
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drob_QB7 View Post
RG3 Has all of washington on hus back now.
Can't wait to see RGIII in Washington under Shanahan. I think that is a good coach for him. I wonder if Washington is going look for any other quarterbacks this offseason or draft another one late that fits more of his system. Shanahan likes to run a lot of bootlegs I believe to mix in with an efficient, time-oriented passing attack. Beck and Grossman weren't good candidates for that role.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-10, 05:37   Link #4708
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

Quote:
What a joke.

Sanchez's contract has given Flacco a measure of leverage in negotiations with the Ravens as well.
Old 2012-03-10, 08:42   Link #4709
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
Man, Washington have taken a huge gamble...First round picks in 2012, 13 and 14 and a 2nd round in 2012 just to get the #2 draft spot?
I don't think the 2nd rounder is from 2012.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
Is their offense really that set that they only need RG3 to become a playoff team?
No, but they have the room to make splashes in free agency, which they've said all along they intend to do. They could easily get guys like Colston or Vincent Jackson and b00m, they got an amazing looking offense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elo the Blue View Post
What a joke.

Sanchez's contract has given Flacco a measure of leverage in negotiations with the Ravens as well.
Unfortunately, yeah. Don't get me wrong, I like Flacco, but Sanchez is horrible. If he's #6, then Flacco needs to knock him down a rank. Unfortunately, compared to non-Sanchez QBs, he's just not at the level that should support that kind of pay.

Damned Jets, why do they man-crush on Sanchez so bad? Oh well, odds are he'll have to reach the conference championships again or else they'll just cut him and say to hell with it, making the extension moot.
Old 2012-03-11, 22:36   Link #4710
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Manning has said to be down to just teams: Cardinals and Broncos.

This could set off some dominoes, especially if he goes to the Cards. Kolb would probably be bought out and he would become a free agent. He would probably be an alternative choice to Flynn, who I imagine will follow his former OC to Miami or former recruiter to Seattle. Kolb will probably go to the Browns if released.
Old 2012-03-12, 02:59   Link #4711
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

I've read he's still checking out Miami but that the Broncos are most likely for him. He won't be meeting with Seattle or Kansas (his words). However, same sources claim he is interrested in speaking to San Francisco and Tennessee.

Last edited by Last Sinner; 2012-03-12 at 03:43.
Last Sinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-12, 06:57   Link #4712
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

if Manning goes to the Cards...well...looks like Dallas's luck against them will continue to suck.
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-12, 07:17   Link #4713
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. DJ View Post
if Manning goes to the Cards...well...looks like Dallas's luck against them will continue to suck.
For the sake of Manning's career -- I hope he does go there.
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-12, 15:45   Link #4714
GDB

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/ey...-loading-deals

Redskins go from having a huge cap space to possibly negative cap space due to front-loaded 2010 contracts. That's... painful. Oh, and I guess it happened to Dallas too.
Old 2012-03-12, 16:36   Link #4715
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Garcon turned down 35 mil to resign with the Colts and will hit free agency. I guess we all knew that already, though.
Old 2012-03-12, 17:16   Link #4716
Neki Ecko
Dancing with the Sky

Send a message via Yahoo to Neki Ecko
Quote:
Garcon turned down 35 mil to resign with the Colts and will hit free agency. I guess we all knew that already, though.
Shoot, Colts is going to take a while to get back to the playoffs unless Luck become Peyton the 2nd and quickly.

But with FA starts tonight at midnight, its going to be a wonderful couple of weeks (with Spring Training, March Madness, and NBA Trade Deadline, this week is going to crazy and suck if you have to work)
Old 2012-03-12, 20:19   Link #4717
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
How much of that was guaranteed though?

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-12, 20:33   Link #4718
Drob_QB7
AYE SIR!

Well per @Adamschefter Moss is a 49er waiting on full report. http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/76...al-source-says
Drob_QB7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-12, 20:50   Link #4719
GDB

I have a feeling that won't end well. Not horrible like the Titans and Vikings experiment, but doubtfully even as good as when TO was a Bengal or Bill.
Old 2012-03-12, 21:06   Link #4720
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

UNC Football gets a one year post-season ban and three years probation. I'll gladly take that, since it's not like UNC of really going to amount to much this year anyway. With a spread offense guy in Larry Fedora taking over from a pro-style offense, the growing pains from the transition are going to be heavy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/ey...-loading-deals

Redskins go from having a huge cap space to possibly negative cap space due to front-loaded 2010 contracts. That's... painful. Oh, and I guess it happened to Dallas too.
Redskins FO is claiming that they have gotten no written notification so they will proceed as planned until they do so.

Also, every other got 1.6 mil in cap space due to this.

Tags
american football, sports