AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-03-28, 07:42   Link #81
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

After watching episode 1, i think it's safe to say it's worth watching.

The animation quality is good. There isn't any flaws that i can see at the moment though i m watching this on the less desirable format (unfortunately, it's removed now by the user).

Music is as good as you can expect from Kenji Kawai and fits very well. While i was disappointed with the OP and ED, the BGM made it for it. From the idyllic scene to the fast pace action, the BGM carries the mood very smoothly and doesn't feel out of place.

Spoiler for episode 1:

Barsa just ooze Motoko Kusanagi. She's 30 year old, compose, practical and straight to the point.

Last edited by Jazzrat; 2007-03-28 at 15:16.
Jazzrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-28, 10:26   Link #82
Joojoobees

Quote:
Originally Posted by wao View Post
Well, it was nothing mindblowing and it was perhaps a little typical, but it was undeniably solid and well-produced at any rate. More than the animation or storyboarding, it was about how everything looked so movie-like together. The colours fit in extremely well, and also the camera work seemed really good in a non-obvious way.
I would agree. I watched the OP and thought "meh", but then watched it again and noticed some interesting parts. The swooping camera work in the beginning, which seems to be inspired by gulls playing in the wind is one. I also thought the shot of them riding, reflected in a canal or something was pretty nice. The emphasis was much less on action, and more on the relationship between the main characters.

Quote:
...argh, but I still do wish they had gone with an epic instrumental OP like Twelve Kingdoms rather than Laruku. -_- It kind of spoils the mood a bit... but I guess I'll get used to it.
And here I couldn't possibly agree more. The 12K OP really sets the mood, and I would say the same thing about the Crest of the Stars OP. This, while perhaps a fairly competent musical piece, just seemed out of place. I really wanted to feel transported to a fantasy environment, but didn't.

Still, I'm eagerly looking forward to this show.
Joojoobees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-28, 12:08   Link #83
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Send a message via ICQ to MrProphet
Did I ever tell you that I love the Internet? So resourceful and full of interesting things.

Anyhoo, the first episode of Seirei no Moribito rocked hard. I already love Barsa. 8) Enjoy these images from the episode:

Spoiler:
MrProphet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-28, 13:22   Link #84
Glitch87

im not even going to look at all of them because i dont want to be spoiled in case some criminal sub group does pick this up.

my god though, those backgrounds and skys are gorgeous not to mention the character art.
Glitch87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-28, 15:27   Link #85
DangerMouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzrat View Post
Barsa just ooze Motoko Kusanagi. She's 30 year old, compose, practical and straight to the point.
Awesome!

From the trailers there was an on the surface feeling of the ultimate combination of Motoko and the original Saya vibes, it's great that it's showing through in her Matoko-like actions/personality, man she's going to be an awesome main character.
DangerMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-28, 23:59   Link #86
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by wao View Post
By the way, for those of you here who were Chevalier fans, the OP was almost entirely animated by the Chevalier mainstays. I saw the Chiba brothers (?), Hajime Shimomura, and hell, even Tomomi Ozaki (Chevalier's charadesigner) was there.

...argh, but I still do wish they had gone with an epic instrumental OP like Twelve Kingdoms rather than Laruku. -_- It kind of spoils the mood a bit... but I guess I'll get used to it.
The J-Pop ruined the mood for Chevalier also, but I got used to it... I suppose I'll get used to it for Seirei no Moribito also... I just wish they were trying to create a good OP instead of trying to sell a single.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-29, 00:00   Link #87
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch87 View Post
im not even going to look at all of them because i dont want to be spoiled in case some criminal sub group does pick this up.....
Somehow, I don't think that this will endear you to any group that does decide to do this.

Thanks for the pics MrProphet! 1st ep. looked great.

I liked "Shine". Instrumentals are okay but this has to have mass appeal.
Old 2007-03-29, 00:40   Link #88
aardvark

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa View Post
The J-Pop ruined the mood for Chevalier also, but I got used to it... I suppose I'll get used to it for Seirei no Moribito also... I just wish they were trying to create a good OP instead of trying to sell a single.
The song is pretty much your generic L'aruku song, but it doesnt feel as out of place as the Chevalier OP imo.

I think the OP itself is gorgous though, especially the final shot with the flock of birds. The song doesn't make it any less good as far as I'm concerned and it does fit anyways. ActuallyI even got somewhat of a Kurau vibe from the OP with all the shots focusing on the main characters, felt very personal.

Btw, was the airing a special preview on TV? I thought the show aired on Saturday mornings...
aardvark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-29, 01:08   Link #89
7Th
Mixtape

Quote:
Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
The song is pretty much your generic L'aruku song, but it doesnt feel as out of place as the Chevalier OP imo.

I think the OP itself is gorgous though, especially the final shot with the flock of birds. The song doesn't make it any less good as far as I'm concerned and it does fit anyways. ActuallyI even got somewhat of a Kurau vibe from the OP with all the shots focusing on the main characters, felt very personal.

Btw, was the airing a special preview on TV? I thought the show aired on Saturday mornings...
I just thought it was fairly well done, but the animation itself wasn't impressive at all. Sure the environments looked extremely professional, but everything felt fairly uninspired, unlike 2nd Gig's terrestrial Opening, just to give an example from the same studio. To be honest, had not know anything of this series and just looked at that introduction video I'm not that sure if I would be interested in it by the video alone. As for Kurau... I actually think that series did the character focus much better than Seirei no Moribito's does, to be honest,
7Th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-29, 02:51   Link #90
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

The first episode was really focused on Barsa-nee-san (I'm serious, they call her that!), but I also really liked Tanda (Barsa's wizard friend/almostlover). His scene was really short, but he had that deep manly voice that has completely sealed his character for me.

And Barsa, despite looking like Saya, is a complete Motoko. Composed, beautiful, with a understated sense of humor and an aura of cloaked mystique, possessing that hidden intensity under the surface that just jumps at you when you least expect it. Definitely my favorite type of heroine.
Old 2007-03-29, 03:45   Link #91
JediNight
キズランダム

My Google-fu is apparently not as good as others, I have yet to watch the raw =*(
JediNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-29, 06:22   Link #92
BluWacky
尻の竜

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrProphet View Post
And Barsa, despite looking like Saya, is a complete Motoko. Composed, beautiful, with a understated sense of humor and an aura of cloaked mystique, possessing that hidden intensity under the surface that just jumps at you when you least expect it. Definitely my favorite type of heroine.
I was really surprised with how "humourous" Barsa turned out to be; I liked her little lines about turning 30 in particular. A much more entertaining character than she might have been!

Thumbs up for the first episode; a lot of stuff we'd seen before and it's not really ZOMGAMAZING, but as per usual for PIG it's really well made and the voice acting's superb.
BluWacky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-29, 06:42   Link #93
Budweineken
Crap

And it's prelicensed too, and I think there's some rules here about mentioning fansubs for licensed series.
Old 2007-03-29, 06:53   Link #94
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediNight View Post
My Google-fu is apparently not as good as others, I have yet to watch the raw =*(

That makes 2 of us.

Don't worry patience is always rewarded.
Old 2007-03-29, 08:28   Link #95
7Th
Mixtape

Are you all using Winny or what?
7Th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-29, 09:03   Link #96
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

I assume that it originally came from Winny/Share. However, since using Winny requires m@d skillz, I got it from another source.

Unfortunately, that source is already gone as well. PM me, if you'd like to partake in my version (it's kinda bad, though).

Do not despair. It's bound to appear again soon.
Old 2007-03-29, 09:13   Link #97
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

It's weird tho, wasnt this supposed to be officially aired early april?
Old 2007-03-29, 09:17   Link #98
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

There was a special preview.

Since it airs on a pay-per-view satellite channel, they can do all sorts of goodies. This show should look awesome in 1080p.
Old 2007-03-29, 13:12   Link #99
Grv
宜しく
*Fansubber

Not sure it's airing in HD is it? Or is it just the preview airing in SD?

So far I've only seen one raw at 1280x720 by an unknown so I didn't grab it.

Should be easier to see the episode now for people who haven't seen it yet.
*hint* *hint*

Last edited by Grv; 2007-03-29 at 14:17.
Grv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-29, 16:47   Link #100
monir
cho~ kakkoii

I didn't watch this episode. I drank it.

Spoiler:

And I've finally found my honorable Onesama who had been missing since the GitS: 2nd Gig.

Anime like these make one feel that it is good to be an anime-fan. Let the Spring season begin.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, fantasy, historical, production i.g.