AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2007-11-18, 17:46   Link #641
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-KLAC View Post
hello i'm trying to keep GS alive for all generation of anime fans.
If you want to do that, work for Sunrise and make another SEED series, posting in a forum won't do you a lot of good.
Quote:
besides uc has been too long the main gundam series but times change cause the 00s decade is GS era.
UC has stopped being the main gundam series since the early 90s.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-18, 19:14   Link #642
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by monstert View Post
If you want to do that, work for Sunrise and make another SEED series, posting in a forum won't do you a lot of good.
No kidding, since I am not about to go around and export his shit. In fact, radical fandom sometimes have drastic consequences.

If Evangelion is of any indication, that is.

- Tak
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-19, 02:10   Link #643
Pride
Ore, Sanjou!

Quote:
what?

besides uc has been too long the main gundam series but times change cause the 00s decade is GS era.

& there will be GS 3 even i've email to many GS places in the world.
No one fucking cares about GS.
So shut up and go watch 00.
Pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-19, 04:55   Link #644
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Hail the power of Fujoshi

Quote:
what?

Oh wow,what a fan.No matter how good the anime is there is a limit.Nothing we can do if there is no GS 3.Perhaps the movie that will be released soon,soon,soon,soon,soo..................... will satisfy you.But if you really want it so badly,gather a big crowd of 100,000 and march to Sunrise building while carrying banners.

Until then,enjoy Gundam 00
MUAHAHAHAHAHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-19, 07:46   Link #645
OMG_Zerg_Rush

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinatsu-no-miya View Post
Until then,enjoy Gundam 00
Does he even have the capacity to?
________
TOYS MEDICAL

Last edited by OMG_Zerg_Rush; 2011-03-21 at 15:21.
OMG_Zerg_Rush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-19, 07:48   Link #646
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Seed could get an update, but I wish the 00 team does it. heh. A great, final season could offset the bitter taste of second half of Destiny.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-19, 07:54   Link #647
OMG_Zerg_Rush

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKnuckles View Post
Seed could get an update, but I wish the 00 team does it. heh. A great, final season could offset the bitter taste of second half of Destiny.
The director of 00 already said in a interview that it wouldnt feel right if he was to take someones work from them.
________
Bmw 003

Last edited by OMG_Zerg_Rush; 2011-03-21 at 15:21.
OMG_Zerg_Rush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-19, 08:41   Link #648
Eidolon Sniper
Tsubasa No Kami
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Eidolon Sniper
If that would happen, probably yes. It might alienate the fans.

Speaking of Evangelion, I've seen pictures floating around as well that they have an SD Gundam-esque spinoff series. The only good thing about it is that It has three times of teh Rei.

Ethereal Exiled Queen. NATCH~~~!!!
Eidolon Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-19, 09:52   Link #649
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eidolon Sniper View Post
It has three times of teh Rei.
Oh dear me. I don't know why the rabid fandom all over Rei back in the day. She is not even witty!

- Tak
Old 2007-11-19, 10:17   Link #650
lubczyk

I never understood what made NGE so popular. I don't understand all the fandom behind it. Gundam has Giant Robots in Wars beating the crap out of each other, but NGE. For me its just another mecha anime.
lubczyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-19, 11:33   Link #651
msea

Quote:
what?

It just simply gives me more reasons to ask Gundam Seed fans to Grow Up. There's other gundam series out there thats better than CE's storyline out there, just learn to appreciate each and every single different series in a whole new different attitude, and as I've stressed time and time again, CE era isn't everything there is to Gundam franchise. Just Grow Up and stop Whining over the lack of another CE era related stuff.
msea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-19, 11:55   Link #652
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by msea View Post
It just simply gives me more reasons to ask Gundam Seed fans to Grow Up. There's other gundam series out there thats better than CE's storyline out there, just learn to appreciate each and every single different series in a whole new different attitude, and as I've stressed time and time again, CE era isn't everything there is to Gundam franchise. Just Grow Up and stop Whining over the lack of another CE era related stuff.
Now now, there are serious CE fans around here, such as myself, capable of viewing the entire franchise with a certain degree of maturity. Although I would like to see more CE in the hopefully not-so-distant future, I am not about to echo with some of the more rabid fandom out there, and I am not about to push it.

Nonetheless, I am, thus far, really not enjoying 00. Will my opinion change after episode say, 15? Probably, but so far, its not very dynamic, which is to say, boring.

- Tak
Old 2007-11-19, 13:06   Link #653
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Now now, there are serious CE fans around here, such as myself, capable of viewing the entire franchise with a certain degree of maturity. Although I would like to see more CE in the hopefully not-so-distant future, I am not about to echo with some of the more rabid fandom out there, and I am not about to push it.
Ditto to the first point, and ditto yet again for the second. The way the Cosmic Era universe is set up, there's a lot of potential for interesting geopolitics and storytelling. At the same time, it's also rather easy to screw up and make a mess of things, so I prefer it if the creators took their time.

Quote:
Nonetheless, I am, thus far, really not enjoying 00. Will my opinion change after episode say, 15? Probably, but so far, its not very dynamic, which is to say, boring.
I seem to be enjoying Gundam 00 more than you, but I think that it's still firmly in exposition mode, so there's a lot of room to grow. I only wish that they get away from all those characters looking at news broadcasts, and go for some real plot development. Hopefully, they'll get to that by episode 13 or so.
Old 2007-11-19, 13:36   Link #654
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran View Post
I seem to be enjoying Gundam 00 more than you, but I think that it's still firmly in exposition mode, so there's a lot of room to grow. I only wish that they get away from all those characters looking at news broadcasts, and go for some real plot development. Hopefully, they'll get to that by episode 13 or so.
And as an additional measure of improvement, they could use less Heero vs. Wufei s&m-alpha-male bullshit. Really.

- Tak
Old 2007-11-19, 14:28   Link #655
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMG_Zerg_Rush View Post
The director of 00 already said in a interview that it wouldnt feel right if he was to take someones work from them.
If not the director, then at least the animation staff. Because their work so far has been really top notch. If anything, we can use less of the Fukuda couple, miffing all the creation staff like they did last time.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-19, 15:13   Link #656
kaito-kid
As I make you stop, think

@ D-KLAC: Why do I get the falling that you are actually a Seed hater who is trying to piss off a lot of people.

Gunota Headlines:
Quote:
It's been posted on Moon Phase's misc. notes site that Gundam 00's second season is planned to air starting October 2008. The source of the announcement is given as a leaflet from the Gundam 00 Official File publication.
So that's it, no Seed 3 in 2008. (Or 2009)
Old 2007-11-19, 16:25   Link #657
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaito-kid View Post
But the question is, are we looking at a 25 episode first season? Or 50 episode first season? And then have 100 combined episodes?

Because the latter is... a pretty fuckin' scary thought.

- Tak
Old 2007-11-19, 16:27   Link #658
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
what?

Wow. I believe we have found Demongod86's rival for the title of "Ultimate Animesuki CE Fanboy."

Anyway, grow up. No matter how many e-mails you send, no matter how many complaints you make, no matter how much you use girlish fanboy squeals, Sunrise will not be making a new CE because of your pushing for one, and they will not be making a new CE besides the movie any time soon, regardless.

Quote:
But the question is, are we looking at a 25 episode first season? Or 50 episode first season? And then have 100 combined episodes?

Because the latter is... a pretty fuckin' scary thought.

- Tak
Dude, they're not going for the latter. Just....no. No. They're not. I don't see where that idea would come from...a 100 episode Gundam series? There's nothing to suggest Sunrise would try this, and at least two indications they wouldn't try it.

1. Code Geass (two ~25 episode seasons)
2. Rapid-fire/long stretches of Gundam have been known to be counter-productive. (Gundam X after several continuous years of Gundam))

And besides, the time schedule most likely wouldn't allow for it, especialy if they're indeed airing the second season of Code Geass in between the two seasons of G00 like the rumors say.
Old 2007-11-19, 16:34   Link #659
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaito-kid
They probably wouldn't even announce another show until the movie is released anyways, and that doesn't even have a release date yet.

Quote:
It should be two blocks of 25 episodes, so it'll be about the same length as the other Gundam TV shows. I don't think that the production can handle a longer show than that.
Old 2007-11-19, 16:46   Link #660
Tak

You have to understand I do not consider SEED Destiny to be as new of a Gundam series as Bandai would suggest. I've always considered it season II, or an extension of SEED. Likewise, while it may not be the same way with 00, there is a possibility, no matter how slight.

Regardless, to get back on topic, I for one do not wish to see an immediate continuation of Destiny. Lets just be done with the movie, and hopefully it will go with a bang. Should another SEED franchise develops in the future (which is fine n' dandy), I am hoping its no longer about Kira & co.

- Tak

Tags
mecha, seed it and weep