AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-06-15, 02:30   Link #781
goddessofwings

end of the series

I thought that it was a nice series and it had a good ending.I would love to see more of the girls but i think that it had the right ending in that it didnt drag it out just to make another season.One thing that was odd was that the girls didnt look any older at the end but thats a minor thing I cant wait to be able to get a boxset of this
goddessofwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-19, 01:39   Link #782
Nagato_Yuki
Watashi wa..uchuujin desu

Can someone write the romaji of the school song?
thanks^^
Nagato_Yuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-21, 21:30   Link #783
ZODDGUTS

Finally saw the last two episodes great ending to a great series. The animation for this series was incredible really top notch. Manabi Straight had great character development and likable characters.

Looking forward to the OVA wonder if I'll be a prequel (taking place before the final episode) or a sequel? Maybe well get to see what's happening to each character after they graduated like we saw in short glimpses in the credits in the final episode.

Quote:
My only grouse is that they did not show why there was a scene of adult Manabi standing in a water-logged building in the 4th PV.
What episode was this in? I think I remember seeing this though I can't remember which episode it was.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-21, 22:15   Link #784
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Agreed, I really liked the ending (bittersweet with an uptick?). I'm really not sure what an OVA would add but I guess we'll find out.
Old 2007-07-10, 20:11   Link #785
Maids! Maids! Maids!
Tsuruya Cultist

Maids! Maids! Maids! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-19, 06:29   Link #786
Ziv

Quote:
Originally Posted by frad113 View Post
Anybody notice that Mei's and Momo's legs got mixed up in the ED?

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Actually, ya I did notice that. I replayed one of the episodes to see whether Mei really wore long socks and I hadn't noticed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fixen View Post
Spoiler:
I was happy that they at least had her using something that might possibly correspond to actual code instead of just putting a bunch of fancy 3D graphics on the screen and calling it programming. So far this and Evangelion have been the only shows I've seen that depicted code with any degree of realism.
Ziv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-19, 11:34   Link #787
suguru
京都 ikitai~

Quote:
My only grouse is that they did not show why there was a scene of adult Manabi standing in a water-logged building in the 4th PV.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZODDGUTS View Post
What episode was this in? I think I remember seeing this though I can't remember which episode it was.
It never actually appeared in the series, only in the promo video that aired before the series started. I thought it was a cool scene too, but I can't complain about how ufotable ended the series--they did a great job, in fact I started re-watching this from the top just the other day . Maybe the school ruins/flooded scene will make an appearance in the OVA if it's set farther in the future, but I doubt it...I'm guessing the OVAs will be set sometime before they graduate (athletic festival, maybe? a student council retreat somewhere?).
suguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-08, 20:29   Link #788
Ziv

Did anyone notice the clever megaman reference in episode 8?
Spoiler for awesomeness:

Last edited by Ziv; 2007-10-08 at 20:46.
Old 2007-10-11, 19:18   Link #789
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

Regarding the DVD only episode
Spoiler:
fict_ticious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-14, 18:25   Link #790
Wavedash
Mayo on everything

Hey, don't complain. It's true to the nostalgic spirit of the series. Though I would love more Manabi or even a continuation of their legacy at Seioh, this was fine too.
Wavedash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-23, 00:57   Link #791
suguru
京都 ikitai~

Finally got to see the subbed version of the OVA (or DVD-only episode, whatever you prefer calling it)--subs are here if you have the raw - I think it's OK to link to the file, mods please delete this if I'm mistaken

I guess the OVA turned out as expected, a student council retreat and not a continuation further in the future, but it was still a lot of fun to see the cast in action again. Towards the end when the woman talking to Mikan mentions school being about more than just finding out what you want to do is very true--while I have lots of memories from school, looking back on college in particular, I use nothing I actually learned in school in my day-to-day job now (unless you count learning concepts like "good organizational skills"...but all the things I had to know for tests have proven pretty much useless in a decade plus of the "real world").

It's kind of sad thinking this is likely the last we'll see of the cast, but it was a fun note to go out on, the OVA did have some laugh out loud moments, for me anyway--Manabi forgetting to get spoons was a particularly good scene
suguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-23, 21:51   Link #792
whitewater_81
...sigh...

Send a message via MSN to whitewater_81 Send a message via Yahoo to whitewater_81
Well,just finished the series and i have to say,this is one of the best anime(for me that is) i've seen.That ending was really a heart-breaker.Especially the "82nd SEIOH STUDENT COUNCIL REFLECTION MEETING"...Man,that was really depressing on so many levels....Gotta give the anime a 10/10 coz of pure awesomeness.plus i really liked the fluid animation.Ufotable really did a nice job.I wish there is a second season though even if it seems impossible now they've graduated from high-school....sigh.......I WANT MORE MANABI DAMMIT!!!

MASSUGUUUUUUUU, GO!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by suguru View Post

It's kind of sad thinking this is likely the last we'll see of the cast,...
Please don't say the sad truth!!!NOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! *breaks down in tears*
Old 2007-11-29, 00:05   Link #793
FateAnomaly

I really love this series. I must admit i was sad to see it end. Had a feeling of loss and regret.
FateAnomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-18, 10:23   Link #794
Ziv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziv View Post
Did anyone notice the clever megaman reference in episode 8?
Spoiler for awesomeness:
even better
Old 2007-12-19, 12:21   Link #795
Kristen
*Author

Well, I was looking for a series to bring a smile on my face, and this one certainly did.
It was definitely much better at the earlier parts, though. Like, the best moment in the entire series was probably 1:30 into the first episode, "Lesson one: Jumping off bridges hurts!" I also cracked up at Mei's "Urusai!" to the cicada. But it seemed like the plot sort of slowed down after the first few episodes. It was still nice to watch, but not quite as comedic or fun.
I also felt like the last episode was a little unnecessary, as 11 had a conclusion sort of a feel. It seemed like they were trying every possible conclusion possible at the end, being somebody leaves, then a picture into their lives afterwards, and the using the OP as plot. 1 or 2 would have been much better in my opinion.

Also, props to Momo-chan. She was quite the character, even though she didn't have much development in the series.

I'm going to give this series an 8/10. It served it's purpose. But it was on the trail to getting a 10 after the first episode or two.
Old 2007-12-25, 00:53   Link #796
xen000

Happy Birth day Mikan Chan
xen000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-07, 17:58   Link #797
ZODDGUTS

Enjoyed ep 6.5 the animation like the TV series was pretty good. Loved the part when Mei repeated as to what she said three times in that one scene.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-09, 18:57   Link #798
Dop
Mmmm....

Well that was fun. Fluff, but fun. Loved Momo's attempt at saying 'pulitzer prize'.
Really must dig this series out and re-watch it at some point.
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-09, 21:00   Link #799
Kristen
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dop View Post
Well that was fun. Fluff, but fun. Loved Momo's attempt at saying 'pulitzer prize'.
Really must dig this series out and re-watch it at some point.
Oh, that's what she was saying?! *Slaps self*

The OVA was fun. I loved the Spoon moment.
Old 2008-02-07, 03:56   Link #800
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrissieXD View Post
Well, I was looking for a series to bring a smile on my face, and this one certainly did.
It was definitely much better at the earlier parts, though. Like, the best moment in the entire series was probably 1:30 into the first episode, "Lesson one: Jumping off bridges hurts!" I also cracked up at Mei's "Urusai!" to the cicada. But it seemed like the plot sort of slowed down after the first few episodes. It was still nice to watch, but not quite as comedic or fun.
I also felt like the last episode was a little unnecessary, as 11 had a conclusion sort of a feel. It seemed like they were trying every possible conclusion possible at the end, being somebody leaves, then a picture into their lives afterwards, and the using the OP as plot. 1 or 2 would have been much better in my opinion.

Also, props to Momo-chan. She was quite the character, even though she didn't have much development in the series.

I'm going to give this series an 8/10. It served it's purpose. But it was on the trail to getting a 10 after the first episode or two.
So, I've finally watched this series. First I will have to disagree here, because I though that episode 12 was really one of the best endings I've seen ever in all anime, but that's just be. It was really an interesting idea how the intro was the ending, and we get to find out why the student council was tagging the school. It wasn't unnecessary in my opinion, but rather moving in a weird sort of way.

I will agree that the first two or maybe three episodes are possible the best ones, with an exception to the three episodes before the last one. This was supposed to be a seinen/comedy, and that kinda went out the window after the first few episodes. It turned into some kind of drama/slice-of-life/shoujo show that i lost interest in around the middle (I didn't marathon this anime). However, that turned interesting around episode 9, and until episode 11, I liked it, but I cannot even compare it to the first few episodes because they are vastly different. Another reason why I liked episode 12 was I felt the humor returning. The drama was unique and good, but it was an unexpected twist that I didn't expect in a 12-episode anime.

One of my weak points to any anime is its ending. If it's a bad ending, then I'm going to take a lot of points off. Conversely, if it's a great ending, no matter if I lost interest in the middle, I care more about if it ended well or not. I like the ending, so I'll give this a 9/10, even though I just watched episodes 9-12 pretty much today.

Yeah Momo was pretty weird, not doing anything in the first 2/3 of the anime then suddenly doing something. I didn't even remember hearing her speaking the first six episodes. What she did, though, I like.

Of course, it's really creepy to me that I like this anime, since it features an all-girl school with 16 year olds that looks like 10 year olds that hold hands and scream I love you every two seconds. It doesn't matter though, as long as the plot's good, which I think it is.
KholdStare is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, drama, school life, seinen, ufotable