AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-11-09, 16:38   Link #301
Vicious108

Indeed. They're doing a manga and their dream is to have it become an anime. To show it as an actual anime already would just be idiotic and defeat the purpose.
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-09, 17:09   Link #302
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Trouble View Post
That's true for most people, but Shujin recognizes that Mashiro knows more about manga than he does. Shujin also seems to value Mashiro's opinion a great deal.
He acknowledges the fact that Mashiro knows more about the structure of manga than he does, and what goes INTO making a manga...but I wouldn't go so far as to say that Shujin believes Mashiro is the better story-teller. They both read a lot of manga.

I think Mashiro was right in doing what he did, and it certainly makes future discrepancies/disagreements easier to handle to an extent. Just my opinion at least.
miroku2192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-09, 18:33   Link #303
Kakkou
Tch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
I was soooo looking forward to animated manuscripts...a real letdown that they decided to have a freaking slideshow in an anime. I'm an avid manga reader, so it doesn't bother me as much, but I gather the majority of anime-only viewers will get bored of this quickly...
Like the others have mentioned, animating it is completely pointless. As the viewers we're meant to be able to see and judge for ourselves the result of their hardwork. That way when they get assessed like they did this episode it is possible to see and understand the points highlighted (e.g. lines too thick). Had they animated the segment all we would get out of it was "hey at east the sfx was good, the colours were nice, sweet animation" or something. From and animation standpoint having a slideshow isn't exciting but from a storytelling point it is necessary.
Kakkou is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-09, 19:44   Link #304
DJ Trouble
Pajama Party!

Quote:
Originally Posted by miroku2192 View Post
He acknowledges the fact that Mashiro knows more about the structure of manga than he does, and what goes INTO making a manga...but I wouldn't go so far as to say that Shujin believes Mashiro is the better story-teller. They both read a lot of manga.

I think Mashiro was right in doing what he did, and it certainly makes future discrepancies/disagreements easier to handle to an extent. Just my opinion at least.
The problems with Shujin's story weren't in the quality of the story, but in the structure. Hattori and Mashiro didn't think the story sucked, they thought Shujin should change the way he presents it to the readers. I don't even know where you got Mashiro being a better storyteller from.

It's fine that Mashiro let Hattori point out some of Shujin's problems that he had already identified, but if he had told Shujin about them from the start, Shujin would have taken everything to heart.

It doesn't matter though, because from now on Mashiro is going to speak up when he thinks Shujin needs to change something.
DJ Trouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-10, 01:45   Link #305
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Like the others have mentioned, animating it is completely pointless.
They could animate just the storytelling and make comments on the drawings/story afterwards, nothing is stopping them from taking out a single frame...
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-10, 11:29   Link #306
kitten320

It still would look weird.

I really don't get the problem with the slideshow, it's not like the whole episode was a slideshow, only like 2 minutes.
Old 2010-11-10, 12:31   Link #307
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Bah, despite me liking the art style, pacing and all, it's the same problem here with me and Death Note. Anime is just too true to the story that there is no 'hook' (or new material) for me to keep going. I knew there was a reason why I stopped following the manga for a while, but unfortunately, it's just too good to not keep going. So yeah, anime is less than lackluster to me as of this moment. So sad lol.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-10, 12:42   Link #308
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Bah, despite me liking the art style, pacing and all, it's the same problem here with me and Death Note. Anime is just too true to the story that there is no 'hook' (or new material) for me to keep going. I knew there was a reason why I stopped following the manga for a while, but unfortunately, it's just too good to not keep going. So yeah, anime is less than lackluster to me as of this moment. So sad lol.
I know what you mean, and feel a bit that way myself, but you make me feel sorry for the producers. They can't win: either they are not true enough to the original, or they are so true to it that there is no reason to watch, lol. They have to find the right fine line to tread between the two. I'm still watching, though.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-10, 16:59   Link #309
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Lately, I've been thinking it might have been a good idea for the anime to take a completely different approach. A manga about making manga is awesome, an anime about making manga... not as much. Then what about an anime about becoming a seiyuu? I would have loved the story to be told from Miho's point of view. It could have complemented the manga nicely.
Old 2010-11-10, 20:10   Link #310
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Lately, I've been thinking it might have been a good idea for the anime to take a completely different approach. A manga about making manga is awesome, an anime about making manga... not as much. Then what about an anime about becoming a seiyuu? I would have loved the story to be told from Miho's point of view. It could have complemented the manga nicely.
Cool idea, especially since the more I hear of Hayami Saori, the better.

You probably know about the OVA whose first episode comes out next Wednesday: Koe de Oshigoto. It stars MAKO (Yurie in Kamichu), and is about a 16-year-old girl whose sister runs an ero-game company and inveigles her into becoming a seiyuu for it.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-11, 06:57   Link #311
Kallen4life

well this still works for those who don't read the manga

I, for example, am primarily an anime watcher
We are Blackwatch
We are the last line of defense
We will burn our own to hold the red line, it is the last line to ever hold
Kallen4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-11, 21:00   Link #312
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Page 4: Time and Keys

A big setback I went through, but I'm back.

The fourth episode made me reflect that any amateur manga-ka attempting to take on the manga industry is going to have so narrowly tough.

I am acknowledged, for example, that manga-ka's cannot choose their editors.

Moritaka made a good call upon his uncle's three rules of school thought:
1. Pride
2. Effort
3. Luck

The last plays a critical key factor whether a manga-ka's story gets serialized or not, because of different factors mixed in the blend: 1) the type of editor the mangaka would work with; the art style regarding the composition, the impact, the drawings, the thickness of the lines; whether the story delivers or not to the readers upon the first reading; etc.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-13, 17:59   Link #313
DJ Trouble
Pajama Party!

Oh wow, the episode's out already. I completely forgot about this. Time to download.
Old 2010-11-14, 09:33   Link #314
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Question about the last episode:did we really need to see a scene that we already saw in the last episode twice this week?
Old 2010-11-14, 13:22   Link #315
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

well, i guess this ep makes everyone want Eiji to fail even more. yep.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-14, 15:15   Link #316
Kallen4life

I like Eiji, though he scares me

want them to meet
We are Blackwatch
We are the last line of defense
We will burn our own to hold the red line, it is the last line to ever hold
Kallen4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-14, 15:45   Link #317
Vicious108

Eiji seems interesting, but man... what the hell kind of level headed business man would accept a condition like that? Though it's obvious that one will.

Also, can't believe Azuki cries solely because of that. Geez, and here I thought she might have a good and interesting role.
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-17, 13:33   Link #318
Lilith
Your average fangirl

So far so good. I want to see more mangas they create.

But the romance of Azuki is total "EHH" when I think about this innocent love and Yosuga no Sora's sexually active couples LOL.
Old 2010-11-19, 17:49   Link #319
kitten320

This episode was a dissapointment... I expected to learn more about Eiji (who so far looks like an idiot), but instead got a primary school romance -_-

Was Azuki really crying because he tried to break the promise? Is she dumb? Seriously what's the problem?! Why can't they meet and talk before reaching their dreams? Ok, they can delay the romance part but what about friendship?

If anime will contimue to concentrate on those two and not on actual story about manga, I will drop the series.
Old 2010-11-21, 16:43   Link #320
DJ Trouble
Pajama Party!

I've been waiting for this episode, but for the wrong reasons. I think the scene I want will pop up next week, but I lucked out and still got one of the best scenes this week as well.

Mashiro may be the main character, but you can't count out how awesome Shujin is!

Tags
comedy, comic works, coming of age, shounen