AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Danganronpa

Notices

View Poll Results: Danganronpa - Episode 9 Rating
Perfect 10 4 14.29%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 11 39.29%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 7 25.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 14.29%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 7.14%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2013-08-31, 01:59   Link #21
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
I want to know is how she got into Naegi's room?
she stalked him.... hacked his door's lock

reason?? love interest
just kidding though

well, since Kirigiri always go somewhere and just pop out again from nowhere, I think her mysterious life should be revealed soon
Old 2013-08-31, 03:36   Link #22
Solitaired

Obviously she received the Dokodemo Door from Doraemon duh. Super Kirigiri can go everywhere she wants.
Old 2013-08-31, 05:33   Link #23
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
she stalked him.... hacked his door's lock

reason?? love interest
just kidding though

well, since Kirigiri always go somewhere and just pop out again from nowhere, I think her mysterious life should be revealed soon
Reminder:
Spoiler for Ishimaru's testimony about dorm locks:

About Naegi not wondering how she got into the room:
This is actually an anime only mistake.
Spoiler for EP 9 - cut content:

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
Old 2013-08-31, 06:09   Link #24
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Spoiler for Missing Parts:
I pretty much agree with all that you've said here. However, there's also.

Spoiler for Something missing that happened in the game:
I would like to point out, however, that most of the cases in the game also had one or two unused pieces of evidence.
Old 2013-08-31, 08:07   Link #25
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Called it... But Sakura was really easy to hit and render unconscious, for a "Super Duper High School Fighter".
Old 2013-08-31, 08:42   Link #26
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Called it... But Sakura was really easy to hit and render unconscious, for a "Super Duper High School Fighter".
The back part of your head, I believe, is the weakest part of your body (hence the bowing nature of Japanese people). No amount of training can properly prepare you for a glass bottle struck on the back of your head. If it was anywhere else I'm sure she would've been fine.
Old 2013-08-31, 09:19   Link #27
Haiprbim
Banned

Now this, laddies and gentlemen, was rushed hardcore.
Good episode, but extremely rushed overall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miroku2192 View Post
The back part of your head, I believe, is the weakest part of your body (hence the bowing nature of Japanese people).
I'm pretty sure us males have a much more weaker part of the body, but to keep it appropriate, I won't directly discuss what it is.
Old 2013-08-31, 11:12   Link #28
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

I remember somebody saying something about not revealing clues that were not shown in the episode yet, turns out it is irrelevant, since the anime only wants to shown evidence after it makes a character state a possible reason for it, and almost always during the classroom trial itself.

just because of that, by not showing the viewer the big picture, this fails as a detective series. I mean it is fun to follow the characters around as they try to find evidence on whodunnit, but if they suddenly pull out evidence out of their backside, like how togami only revealed that bottle when he was about to present his theory, or when kirigiri showed the shard from inside the bottle, then the viewer would naturally think "What the? where did that come from?"

never mind that they didn't show that part about the candy wrapper and the magazine or that they weighed the shards scene from the game, I'm sure they were not brought up because they couldn't find a way (or maybe the time) to insert it during the classroom trial.

but all of that is irrelevant now, I think there won't be any more deaths from here on, and the confrontation with the mastermind/16th student is about to begin.

I'm interested in what was said about their bodies being modified, and how the 16th student is the super duper HS despair, what does that even mean?
Old 2013-08-31, 11:51   Link #29
ookamigirl

So it's the trial for Ohgami's murder.
Lots of discussions and false assumptions.
Never would have guessed who the culprit was.
Then again, I never managed to guess a single one so far.
Some people just can't deal with grief normally..

My Blog --> ookami
Old 2013-08-31, 12:23   Link #30
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
Quote:
Originally Posted by JShaggy View Post
It could mean that this Mukuro person is the real puppet master of this story and that Monokuma (whom for some reason reminds me of Jigsaw from the Saw movies) was nothing more than a "co-conspirator" to the overall plot. For whatever reason Mukuro would want everyone to live without hope is something we will likely find out before the series ends.
Good point, but there are many possibilities of who Mukuro could be, but she seems more of an accomplice rather than a Puppetmaster. I mean, granted in the Saw films there was Jigsaw, an accomplice, and an apprentice of sorts to carry on his work, but if that were the case why would the Puppetmaster need to an make an appearance to dirty his own hands. He may have dumped the gasoline, but it was those were killed and got executed as a result who lit the match. Mukuro could be the Puppetmaster, but it sounds a little too predictable considering that we found we've not heard a seen (attacker in the mask) this character, and doesn't really sound that convincing. I mean isn't the best way of going about it is to go with "The villain is someone whom we least expect it to be?". I wonder if they'll keep that formula, who knows, but I wonder what action Mukuro is going to take next now that we know that she's the hidden student we couldn't identify until now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
dang, decent episode.
RIP Oogami. Thought that Aoi really was the killer for a sec.

The 'execution' of the laptop was kind of funny. At least it feels no pain...
That's really sad considering that Aoi nearly almost did if Makoko and Kirigiri didn't kept their focus and doubts in check. Monokuma took advantage of her emotional weakness to nearly murder all the others...yeah, what a troll. He must be pissed off that he can't have a proper execution since there was no proper villain due to Oogami's suicide.

I was crushed was Alter Ego got smashed. I really liked the little guy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
the only question left is...... how did Kirigiri know about 16th student's stuff?
She most likely snuck into someplace similar to that hidden passage in that second floor bathroom. It'll most likely that she had what little time to know about this Mukuro character when she asked Makoto to go to the Data Processing Room, only to show up moments later to warm him about the hidden student.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frodonk View Post
I'm interested in what was said about their bodies being modified, and how the 16th student is the super duper HS despair, what does that even mean?
Memory loss could be a factor because of those random pictures we've seem of the others (dead and alive) playing together etc. HS Despair, it could have to do with that Mankind's Malefaction thing that Alter Ego mentioned a couple of episodes ago. Since it hasn't been explored yet, it must hold some importance to the why the others are locked up and what the Puppetmaster and Mukuro's objectives are.
Old 2013-08-31, 12:38   Link #31
Solitaired

If it is any help, Ikusaba Mukuro in Japanese is 戦刃 むくろ
Old 2013-08-31, 12:49   Link #32
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Sakura was the best girl. She never lost hope and sacrificed herself for her friends' sake. RIP.
Old 2013-08-31, 14:00   Link #33
Solitaired

But I have to admit its a unfair to the anime viewers, which also is the largest flaw of the game.

It is impossible for any anime viewer or gamer to deduce the mole (lol @ tea) because the mole did not do a single thing at all. No suspicious actions at all. And the 16th student Ikusaba Mukuro is a brand new character, though whether he/she has any connections to the Puppetmaster is up in the air.
Old 2013-08-31, 14:18   Link #34
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by frodonk View Post
I remember somebody saying something about not revealing clues that were not shown in the episode yet, turns out it is irrelevant, since the anime only wants to shown evidence after it makes a character state a possible reason for it, and almost always during the classroom trial itself.

just because of that, by not showing the viewer the big picture, this fails as a detective series. I mean it is fun to follow the characters around as they try to find evidence on whodunnit, but if they suddenly pull out evidence out of their backside, like how togami only revealed that bottle when he was about to present his theory, or when kirigiri showed the shard from inside the bottle, then the viewer would naturally think "What the? where did that come from?"

never mind that they didn't show that part about the candy wrapper and the magazine or that they weighed the shards scene from the game, I'm sure they were not brought up because they couldn't find a way (or maybe the time) to insert it during the classroom trial.

but all of that is irrelevant now, I think there won't be any more deaths from here on, and the confrontation with the mastermind/16th student is about to begin.

Togami did the same thing with the bottle in the game.
You also only get Sakura's part of the testimony regarding who took the knife during the trial.

Its actually reasonable for a detective series to get new clues after someone has already formed a valid theory. Take "Still Life murder", for example where
Spoiler for Spoiler for Still Life murder- Mystery novel:

As to why the anime seems to do this a lot more often than the game I can only guess that its done to make stuff a bit harder.
The game pretty much floods you with evidence and only case 2s culprit as well as parts of case 6 are a bit harder.

@ Super duper highschool despair:
I think i can say that much without spoilering anything:

Its simple their title.
Naegi for example is the super highschool level luckster
Togami the Super highschool level Scion and so on

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solitaired View Post
though whether he/she has any connections to the Puppetmaster is up in the air.
Actually, you can deduce whether they have anything to do with each other from stuff Monokuma said throughout the series. But yes the mole was a red hering, supposed to distract people from other stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
She was not unconcious, she simply didn't fight back because she didn't want to. After that Asahina discovered her, and got sent away again to get her some protein coffee.
While Asahina got the protein (Which Oogami claims helps healing wounds in no time early in the game), Ogami drank the poison.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
Old 2013-08-31, 18:26   Link #35
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Anyone else find it interesting that on the vote thingy, PsychoBear is one of the choices?
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2013-08-31, 18:47   Link #36
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Monokuma is the ultimate troll, of course his face appears on the reel. Due to his status as a troll, it's hard to say whether this is significant or not.
Old 2013-08-31, 18:56   Link #37
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sute443 View Post

And I second the question of how Kirigiri got into Naegi's room.
Kirigiri is to Naegi what Homura is to Madoka. In other words, she'll find a way. She'll always find a way.

Anyway, Klash is probably right that this adaptation lacks a bit in brains. But it makes up for it with some incredibly visceral emotionality. These seiyu must be having the time of their lives in these roles (other than Kirigiri's seiyu, perhaps, as she's the one who has to act cool, calm, and collected all the time).
Old 2013-08-31, 19:06   Link #38
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

The game does explain how Kirigiri got in. It's sad to see the anime skip over such minor, yet crucial parts.
Old 2013-08-31, 19:45   Link #39
JShaggy
I like CRABS!!

Send a message via AIM to JShaggy Send a message via Yahoo to JShaggy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Kirigiri is to Naegi what Homura is to Madoka. In other words, she'll find a way. She'll always find a way.
With that kind of comparison, you have to wonder if Kirigiri did anything else while she was in Naegi's room.

Old 2013-08-31, 20:34   Link #40
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Well, if you are really desperate to know how she got in I'll just refer to this post made not long ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
About Naegi not wondering how she got into the room:
This is actually an anime only mistake.
Spoiler for EP 9 - cut content:
Closed Thread