AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2008-10-28, 14:53   Link #801
BOOKGLUTTON
;;'

You wait. And if that doesn't work, I suggest travel.
BOOKGLUTTON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-28, 15:04   Link #802
Amirali
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Amirali
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightShade99 View Post
well what happens if ur not attracted to any1 around you,
but you desperately wana be attracted to someone =O
You try to get to know people well (as friends). Sometimes the right person doesn't spark fireworks until you know and spend time with each other.
Amirali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-28, 18:11   Link #803
raikage
日本語を食べません!

Quote:
You make friends.

And those friends might have hot friends.
raikage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-28, 18:50   Link #804
Waking_Dreamer
Dreamer King

Quote:
Originally Posted by raikage View Post
Quote:
You make friends.

And those friends might have hot friends.
All the cute girls I know are already taken and its pretty much the same with all their friends - off limits there.

Though as a guy the actually concept of not being attracted to anyone is unusual and foreign . I can kind of pretty much go for a walk outside and end up finding myself attracted to someone. The way a guy's mind works is so simple and straightforward its kind of beautiful.

Anyways, as for your dilemma...just go clubbing. Thats a sure bet to meet people dressed to impress...though your age maybe a factor...cant remember the minimum age.
Waking_Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-28, 19:30   Link #805
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

It really depends on the location Imo
Where i live almost every girl is single -_-
Old 2008-10-28, 20:41   Link #806
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waking_Dreamer View Post
All the cute girls I know are already taken and its pretty much the same with all their friends - off limits there.
It depends where you live actually.

Where I live, there are some pretty girls who are single. And a few have even never had a boyfriend.

However, the boys seem to think that all the pretty girls have already a boyfriend. They are not so well informed XD.
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-28, 21:05   Link #807
BOOKGLUTTON
;;'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waking_Dreamer View Post
Anyways, as for your dilemma...just go clubbing.
Ugghhh...I don't particularly suggest this unless you want to meet a girl who chews gum loudly and wears absurd amount of gloss. I mean, most of my dates or numbers are from the staff at local stores or restaurant's. I usually only try to date the one's that seem kind...it doesn't really all have to be about if they're good looking.
Old 2008-10-29, 01:14   Link #808
NightShade99
Naughty & Nice

I do go clubbing and i do have know alot of
attractive guys but i'm never attracted to them.......
i think somethings wrong with me T_T.............but
every time i get asked out i dnt wana go out with
the guy who asked.
NightShade99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-29, 02:30   Link #809
BOOKGLUTTON
;;'

Then don't? I mean, it's not like you don't have a choice. I haven't dated in a while and have turned down numerous people because I didn't think they were...right for me.
Old 2008-10-29, 06:21   Link #810
Xvoki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post

Where I live, there are some pretty girls who are single. And a few have even never had a boyfriend.

However, the boys seem to think that all the pretty girls have already a boyfriend. They are not so well informed XD.
I need to visit that place. XD.

There are no pretty girls where I live.
Xvoki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-29, 15:33   Link #811
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xvoki View Post
I need to visit that place. XD.

There are no pretty girls where I live.
If I can give you an advice then (but I guess you are already aware of that though), the persons who are single (pretty or not) are not inevitably single because all of them are shy or because they are all believers (For instance, when I explain my way of living, many people tend to think that I am a believer, which is not the case. [P.S.: I don't say that being a believer could not be a good thing though]), some of them are different. You will have to wonder why a person is still single. Most of the time, they seek for something. So if you try to pick up someone without taking that in account, you might fail.

And be honest, if a person wants a serious relationship for example, then don't lie to her if you can't give her what she seeks.

Last edited by Narona; 2008-10-29 at 15:46.
Old 2008-10-29, 18:22   Link #812
Xvoki

Quote:
If I can give you an advice then (but I guess you are already aware of that though), the persons who are single (pretty or not) are not inevitably single because all of them are shy or because they are all believers (For instance, when I explain my way of living, many people tend to think that I am a believer, which is not the case. [P.S.: I don't say that being a believer could not be a good thing though]), some of them are different. You will have to wonder why a person is still single. Most of the time, they seek for something. So if you try to pick up someone without taking that in account, you might fail.

And be honest, if a person wants a serious relationship for example, then don't lie to her if you can't give her what she seeks.
Thanks for the reply, I can tell a lot of thought went into it, and I wasn’t really expecting an answer.

I think most of us seek something in a relationship: compassion, honesty, devotion, wisdom. In my quest for a soul mate I would travel to the ends of the earth and brave whatever hardships. And should I ever find a girl who loves me back, I would consider myself truly a lucky man. XD

By the way, a believer of what? Virginity? Religion?
Old 2008-10-29, 18:50   Link #813
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
I think most of us seek something in a relationship: compassion, honesty, devotion, wisdom. In my quest for a soul mate I would travel to the ends of the earth and brave whatever hardships. And should I ever find a girl who loves me back, I would consider myself truly a lucky man. XD

By the way, a believer of what? Virginity? Religion?
It depends on what the person wants. For what I can say around me (i'm not talking only about the people who are single), some people just want/wanted to be with someone to hang out together, to have some fun together etc. but nothing more. Some others want/wanted more than that. One can seeks for someone who shares the same ideals in life for instance. It really depends on many things like the point of view of a person on the love relationships.

I was talking about Religion. But if a girl says that she sees her virginity as something really important, some people (and those people are wrong most of time) will obviously think this is a religion based choice. So, all in all, it's pretty much the same XD

Last edited by Narona; 2008-10-29 at 19:02.
Old 2008-10-29, 19:30   Link #814
BOOKGLUTTON
;;'

Ugghh, I try to act all calm in real life, but I'm an emotional sap when it comes to relationships. It's hard trying to find someone who isn't shallow in california, hahaha.
Old 2008-10-29, 22:05   Link #815
Sniper Wolf
Untamed,Solitary

I'm usually shy.....but I'm not really the dating type of person...when i go to clubs i do get approached...some scare me some are ok...but but I'm use to walking away,besides I'm picky very!i have an obsession with men who look like woman >,>
but whenever you see the opportunity and you like him or her take it,but be careful.......some people can keep lots of secrets from you....
Sniper Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-30, 04:09   Link #816
Solafighter
Hige

Since i live in the middle of nowhere, a small "village", here are no girls in my age, neither that strong enough(With strong i mean psychical and physical). Allmost all girls of my ex. high school were far to shy, dont speak much and are not that clever(they were under average) ... Not lucky here and i dont have anything against them. They are all not my type.

I have to move.
Old 2008-10-30, 18:43   Link #817
Xvoki

Quote:
I was talking about Religion. But if a girl says that she sees her virginity as something really important, some people (and those people are wrong most of time) will obviously think this is a religion based choice. So, all in all, it's pretty much the same XD
Yeah, I thought you meant religion. But I fully respect those girls/ boys who choose to hold onto to their virginity until they find a more meaningful relationship, even if it's something of a rarity in this day and age. XD
Old 2008-10-31, 07:21   Link #818
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Yeah, I thought you meant religion. But I fully respect those girls/ boys who choose to hold onto to their virginity until they find a more meaningful relationship, even if it's something of a rarity in this day and age. XD
I am one of them. I always refused to start a relationship because I knew they were not the right person.

If I never meet that person, I prefer to stay single.

It's rare but it exists. And they are not neceessarily all believers (religions). I am not.
Old 2008-10-31, 08:15   Link #819
Mystique
Honyaku no Hime
*Fansubber

Location: In the eastern capital of the islands of the rising suns...
Quote:
I am one of them. I always refused to start a relationship because I knew they were not the right person.

If I never meet that person, I prefer to stay single.

It's rare but it exists. And they are not neceessarily all believers (religions). I am not.
Refused to start? O.o
Short of them doing something or having habits that are on your 'no no' list, that's a bit judgemental, no?
You are one of the people who keeps their virginity until you get into something meaningful, that's fine.
But going on dates or getting to know someone doesn't mean jumping into bed with them.
Besides, there may be some guys who you find you get on very well with and become good friends, not all relationships at the start end with the intention of becoming more than friends.
Also as you get older you tend to find things aren't so black and white. Sometimes someone who you think is no good at the start could really be the one for you.
Life can be interesting that way

Worrying is like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but it doesn't get you anywhere. - Van Wilder
"If you ain't laughin', you ain't livin'." - Carlos Mencia
Mystique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-31, 10:01   Link #820
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:

I think life would be simpler if people wore nametags, color coded for marital status.

Though I guess there'd be problems with wearing the color for "married, but looking for an affair."
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
advice, break-ups, dating, dating after divorce, divorce, happiness, love, pairings, single dad, single mom