AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Lucky Star

Notices

View Poll Results: Lucky Star - Episode 15 Rating
Perfect 10 48 48.00%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 29 29.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 15 15.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 5.00%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 3.00%
Voters: 100. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-07-16, 12:45   Link #41
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by archanfels View Post
Sorry to thread hijack but somehow I'm not allowed to make new threads

Anyone here care about the ongoing SaiMoe 07? I never bothered w/ it before but decide to follow it this year due to LS's participation.
Spoiler:
You can't start new topics, that function is disabled. You need to go to the "Request for New Threads" sticky and post your suggestion for the new thread there, the mods will then decide whether to give you the green light. This is to keep the quality of the board at a decent level, and this method has so far been quite successful.

If you want to discuss Saimoe 2007, please proceed to the following link.

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=49120

My take on it? My observation on last year's competition tells me that Lucky Star will probably fall victim to its own popularity, much like Suzumiya Haruhi characters last year. As there's too many people hating Kyo-Ani just for the sake of hating it simply because it's popular. 2ch has a sort of "anti-anything-that's-god-damn-popular" complex. I hear TYPE-MOON, Leaf and KEY fans were driven out of 2ch and forced to create their own boards because of this "anti-elitism", but that's discussion for another forum.
Old 2007-07-16, 12:57   Link #42
Mirrinus
Bemused Scholar

Quote:
From what I gathered the Japanese Otakus are pretty pissed off about all the Shiraishi BS as well
Honestly now, since when was there ANYTHING that didn't piss off some people on 2ch? We've really got to stop using it as the end-all thermometer of Japanese opinion.
Old 2007-07-16, 13:11   Link #43
archanfels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirrinus View Post
Honestly now, since when was there ANYTHING that didn't piss off some people on 2ch? We've really got to stop using it as the end-all thermometer of Japanese opinion.
And I said I got that from 2ch where?
Old 2007-07-16, 13:20   Link #44
Mirrinus
Bemused Scholar

Quote:
And I said I got that from 2ch where?
Then I'm curious, just what are your sources?
Old 2007-07-16, 13:34   Link #45
AVPlaya
なんでやろう?

Dudes... let's not get into some heated discussion here... it's well known that the J-otakus are very, very opinionated, especially about anime series. Yes there are a lot of negative opinion about Shiraishi and Akira, not just on 2ch but also blogs and social sites like Mixi, but there's also a lot of love for them too. It's pretty mich 50-50 at this point, but if Shiraishi keep doing these senseless and not very funny EDs I'm thinking the anti-Lucky Channel camp may be growing rapidly.
Old 2007-07-16, 14:17   Link #46
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I love what Shiriashi is doing (and Akira as far as that goes) .... to some extent the show is pushing the buttons of the "irrational zealot" crowd because, frankly, irrational zealots need all the misery that can be ladled on them. But I think its unfortunate that its happening to the extent its derailing and detracting from the core Lucky*Star.

@Archanfels: if you're going to negate what Mirrinus speculated then provide your sources in the post instead of just one-line negating. That's a bit pointless. This is a forum, not a chatroom. That said, I think your Saimoe analysis is probably going to pan out as accurate. Ensemble cast emphasis shows tend to do poorly in these "one character" popularity contests. And as American Idol recently discovered, the "anti-anything-popular" movements can really much bleep up any result. I've watched Saimoe for the last several years and pretty much written it off as saying anything useful.
Far too much club-voting and manipulation going on...
Old 2007-07-16, 17:12   Link #47
AVPlaya
なんでやろう?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinny Riddle View Post
My take on it? My observation on last year's competition tells me that Lucky Star will probably fall victim to its own popularity, much like Suzumiya Haruhi characters last year. As there's too many people hating Kyo-Ani just for the sake of hating it simply because it's popular. 2ch has a sort of "anti-anything-that's-god-damn-popular" complex. I hear TYPE-MOON, Leaf and KEY fans were driven out of 2ch and forced to create their own boards because of this "anti-elitism", but that's discussion for another forum.
First time I'll be participating too. I'm going all out for L*S, EMMA, ARIA, Saiunkoku, and Akazukin (hey I liked it). Wohoo! Feel like a otaku now~~

I think Nanoha fans now dominate 2ch... the ultimate underdog anime. I fully L*S to lose this one, but I'm alright with that... I tried.
Old 2007-07-16, 17:44   Link #48
Xiaolang

Oh my lawd!
Spoiler for scene in episode 15:

It makes me want to hug her, or at least pinch her cheeks. She looks so cute! =D

Old 2007-07-16, 18:00   Link #49
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Funny how everything I have predicted is coming true, Yuko Goto appeared, and none to soon. Now that that necessary appearance is out of the way, time to look for Yuki Matsuoka (Tsuruya) who will probably be in episode 16. My friend now refers to this show as Lucky Staruhi and I fully agree. Seeing Aya Hirano and friends in concert.....not so surprising. In fact I knew it was coming at some point judging by the demographic in Japan the show is aimed at.

Looks at post below....speaking of lost novelty:

We got one episode of reprieve before the show launched right back into the self-referencing Haruhi stuff. Anyway, Aya Hirano fans must be going wild as I continue to lament just how overdone these Haruhi jokes have gotten and how in the long run it's just not that interesting for someone who really doesn't care about how many times they can see something related to Haruhi tied into this show. I can't imagine how much longer I'll be able to put up with the same basic joke over and over as indifference is now turning into rejection. It's really hard to laugh at this stuff anymore other than how ludcrious it's getting.

Well at least we have proof that Aya Hirano doesn't look like Konata. Speaking of which, I've got to admit I'm also getting weary of Aya Hirano in general being thrown at me from every possible angle the industry can offer. I didn't need an all new one. If the industry wants to burn out her career from overexposure they really couldn't be doing a more efficient job of it.

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2007-07-16 at 18:36.
Old 2007-07-16, 18:04   Link #50
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by AVPlaya View Post
Dudes... let's not get into some heated discussion here... it's well known that the J-otakus are very, very opinionated, especially about anime series. Yes there are a lot of negative opinion about Shiraishi and Akira, not just on 2ch but also blogs and social sites like Mixi, but there's also a lot of love for them too. It's pretty mich 50-50 at this point, but if Shiraishi keep doing these senseless and not very funny EDs I'm thinking the anti-Lucky Channel camp may be growing rapidly.
well just goes to show how much they are milking it to the extent that big L*S fans are beginning to feel the sting of "maybe they have it wrong this time" O.O ~ it lost it's novelty the first time and i guess 4th strike and he will be a dead man

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-07-16, 18:09   Link #51
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiaolang View Post
Oh my lawd!
Spoiler for scene in episode 15:
Spoiler:
Old 2007-07-16, 18:22   Link #52
Xiaolang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Even though without the aid of subtitles, I can understand just enough, based on the body language alone. (Or at least, that's what I'd like to think.)
Old 2007-07-16, 18:34   Link #53
AVPlaya
なんでやろう?

Quote:
Spoiler:

Even though without the aid of subtitles, I can understand just enough, based on the body language alone. (Or at least, that's what I'd like to think.)
I understand what you mean... I just finished the entire run of NANA a while ago. Now that I think back, I believe that it's possible that the scene in the spoilers is a reference to how Hachi looked when she first saw Nana (Osaki) live. More I think about it more it kinda make sense. A NANA reference in L*S... wow, that's going to throw some otaku off. Since you're on 28 this is not a NANA spoiler for you.
Old 2007-07-16, 18:49   Link #54
Xiaolang

Quote:
I understand what you mean... I just finished the entire run of NANA a while ago. Now that I think back, I believe that it's possible that the scene in the spoilers is a reference to how Hachi looked when she first saw Nana (Osaki) live. More I think about it more it kinda make sense. A NANA reference in L*S... wow, that's going to throw some otaku off. Since you're on 28 this is not a NANA spoiler for you.
Oh for the record, I wasn't implying a referential connection between Nana and Lucky Star. I'm only referring to myself; I'm feeling kinda depressed after going through the emotional hell caused by Nana. I only stopped at the middle of episode 29, just so I won't cry myself to sleep.

I need more L*S to counterbalance Nana!
Old 2007-07-16, 18:55   Link #55
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Its funny how most people end up seeing NANA by viewing a lot of episodes at once, i was the same.

As for the NANA reference.. i never thought about it that way. Very interesting.
Old 2007-07-16, 19:01   Link #56
Xiaolang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Its funny how most people end up seeing NANA by viewing a lot of episodes at once, i was the same.

As for the NANA reference.. i never thought about it that way. Very interesting.
If I watch Nana once a week, I'd probably go crazy. I mean, with the way that series is set up, the cliffhangers are friggin' killer.

As for the possibility of a reference, that would be very interesting. But for it to make it an actual reference, it has to be somewhat obvious at least. Like for example, maybe Konata giving Aya, a long-stemmed rose with a gold ribbon.
Old 2007-07-16, 19:02   Link #57
AVPlaya
なんでやろう?

Quote:
Oh for the record, I wasn't implying a referential connection between Nana and Lucky Star. I'm only referring to myself; I'm feeling kinda depressed after going through the emotional hell caused by Nana. I only stopped at the middle of episode 29, just so I won't cry myself to sleep.

I need more L*S to counterbalance Nana!

Hehe, I was just saying that your post made me think there's a reference there and it made sense. And here's a spoiler for NANA for you - there's more crying in store for you.
Old 2007-07-16, 19:07   Link #58
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
As for the possibility of a reference, that would be very interesting. But for it to make it an actual reference, it has to be somewhat obvious at least. Like maybe Konata giving Aya, a long-stemmed rose with a gold ribbon.
True true. If we were to see a NANA reference in this show, it'll probably involve something else from the series.

Anyway, back to everyone's favourite Lucky Star discussion~
Old 2007-07-16, 19:12   Link #59
Xiaolang

Quote:
Hehe, I was just saying that your post made me think there's a reference there and it made sense. And here's a spoiler for NANA for you - there's more crying in store for you.
Spoiler:

So anywho, I want to rate this episode, but I will reserve judgment when the subs are out. But so far, this might be one of my favorite episodes.
Old 2007-07-16, 19:19   Link #60
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Xiaolang: When you reach future episodes of NANA, make sure you pm me about it, shall be fun to talk. :3

& yeah sorry for going off-topic.

Spoiler for episode 15: