AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-05-01, 14:29   Link #8501
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Originally Posted by FFXFan13 View Post
...I thought discussions were supposed to be logical?
Looking at it through an engineering and physics perspective you wouldn't be able to to get a clean split behind the source, but depending on the mass of both halfs, the speed at which they were separaed and precisely how much volume was behind her, their perhaps could be enough shear stress, depending on the specific young's modulus of the steel to cause a split, though ofcourse this would depending on dozens of factors to produce a reliable model. It's unlikely but I wouldn't say impossible. It obviously wouldn't be a clean split behind her.
Tenchi Hou Take is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-01, 14:32   Link #8502
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
...I thought discussions were supposed to be logical?
I thought...shut up!

But seriously now
Spoiler for big:

If you look at this, you can see that the cut is only from the middle of the carrier. However they both say that it was cut in half and the floor also acts as such. My honest opinion...Nishio probably wanted it to be cut in half completely and Akatsuki probably thought it was good enough like this. Or something like that.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-01, 14:32   Link #8503
FFXFan13
Swag Level: Glasses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Hou Take View Post
Looking at it through an engineering and physics perspective you wouldn't be able to to get a clean split behind the source, but depending on the mass of both halfs, the speed at which they were separaed and precisely how much volume was behind her, their perhaps could be enough shear stress, depending on the specific young's modulus of the steel to cause a split, though ofcourse this would depending on dozens of factors to produce a reliable model. It's unlikely but I wouldn't say impossible. It obviously wouldn't be a clean split behind her.
That's what I thought, but somehow, it is cleanly split behind her, so, maybe it's an indication as to her ability? Or, I guess it could just be a design choice by the artist.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
But seriously now
Spoiler for big:

If you look at this, you can see that the cut is only from the middle of the carrier. However they both say that it was cut in half and the floor also acts as such. My honest opinion...Nishio probably wanted it to be cut in half completely and Akatsuki probably thought it was good enough like this. Or something like that.
So, artist choice then...
FFXFan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-01, 14:36   Link #8504
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
That's what I thought, but somehow, it is cleanly split behind her, so, maybe it's an indication as to her ability? Or, I guess it could just be a design choice by the artist.

So, artist choice then...
My guess anyway
Old 2012-05-01, 14:41   Link #8505
FFXFan13

Also, shouldn't the ship be tilting towards the front, where all the water should be gathering? Because it looks like, despite the now cramped conditions, the ship is still level.
Old 2012-05-01, 14:42   Link #8506
Tenchi Hou Take

Maybe it was a semi-circle cut, though lol if that messed up.
Old 2012-05-01, 14:45   Link #8507
FFXFan13

Quote:
Maybe it was a semi-circle cut, though lol if that messed up.
Would that mean there's not an actual hole in the hull?
Old 2012-05-01, 14:48   Link #8508
Xiyon

Quote:
Medaka never fought All fiction, that was Bookmaker both times.
My bad xD Though this would mean nobody's scored a win against All Fiction yet.

Quote:
Also your missing the point of fair, but their is a way to actually a logic way to defeat Kumagawa, not sure if it'll ever be used. Kumagawa can't reverse All fiction meaning if he uses it onherself when he's fine he's fucked. The issue would be to use it on himself when he's fine.
So...Kumagawa basically can't 'turn to nothing' what he already turned to nothing?

As much as I dislike Kumagawa, credit where it's due; he's clever. Very clever, since he has to be in order to manage/cheat his 'wins'. To get Kumagawa to actively use AF on himself in that manner would require either mind control or some form of hypnotism, convincing reverse psychology, or a huge coincidence.

I somehow don't think Zenkichi's trained in the first two, and Devil Style...

Point is, Devil Style can't beat All Fiction, which actually does make sense, otherwise Medaka would have classified Zenkichi as another 'Joker'.

DS just isn't broken.

On another note, not to rain on the parade but, does being able to cut the carrier in half really matter? Or how it was cut? It just shows the suitor is formidable (no surprise there...).

I mean, this is Medaka Box; crazy stuff like this is commonplace o_0 Better yet, stunts like this is common for any sword-wielding character in the anime world, most especially in battle series.

Maybe "undead samurai girl" is really just that, an undead samurai girl.

undead = no cerebellar inhibitory signal so can go all out (think, Aikawa Ayumu)

samurai = self-explanatory...

girl = boobies instant-awesome. Because, y'know, this is Nisio (I'm basing this statement on Monogatari)
Xiyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-01, 14:55   Link #8509
FFXFan13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiyon View Post
On another note, not to rain on the parade but, does being able to cut the carrier in half really matter? Or how it was cut? It just shows the suitor is formidable (no surprise there...).
Of course it matters, they should all be in the water, praying for a rescue, not cramped together, prepping for a fight.
Old 2012-05-01, 14:56   Link #8510
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Would that mean there's not an actual hole in the hull?
Lets stop applying physics to this, phsyics and manga don't go too well together. If she actully did a completely split the ship in one slice it'd need to be semi-circular as in one giant slice that splts the entire thing in two but obviously that would mess up her footing just as much as everyone elses yest somehow she's standing vertically in the middle of the origin of the split.

It's done for dramatics, just like how characters moving at supersonic/hypersonic speeds, don't cause sonic booms/catch fire.

Quote:
My bad xD Though this would mean nobody's scored a win against All Fiction yet.

So...Kumagawa basically can't 'turn to nothing' what he already turned to nothing?

As much as I dislike Kumagawa, credit where it's due; he's clever. Very clever, since he has to be in order to manage/cheat his 'wins'. To get Kumagawa to actively use AF on himself in that manner would require either mind control or some form of hypnotism, convincing reverse psychology, or a huge coincidence.

I somehow don't think Zenkichi's trained in the first two, and Devil Style...

Point is, Devil Style can't beat All Fiction, which actually does make sense, otherwise Medaka would have classified Zenkichi as another 'Joker'.

DS just isn't broken.

I mean, this is Medaka Box; crazy stuff like this is commonplace o_0 Better yet, stunts like this is common for any sword-wielding character in the anime world, most especially in battle series.

Maybe "undead samurai girl" is really just that, an undead samurai girl.

undead = no cerebellar inhibitory signal so can go all out (think, Aikawa Ayumu)

samurai = self-explanatory...

girl = boobies instant-awesome. Because, y'know, this is Nisio (I'm basing this statement on Monogatari)
Techincally Zenkichi can't be labelled as a joker regardless, because Joker is someone who can't die by regular means, none of Zenkichi's abilities afford him that regardless of if he could defeat someone on that level.

Technically Kumagawa could never hit Zenkichi anyway thx to parasite seeing and the fact Zenkichi managed to tag him even when he was blind. (assumming Zen was willing to use it on him).

But devil style managing to mess up All fiction reality warping capabilities because it was also a reality warper, was always iffy business. Consider Nisio gave some retarded ass reason why Kumagawa got all fiction back I'm not surprised by anything he does anymore.
Old 2012-05-01, 14:59   Link #8511
FFXFan13

Quote:
Lets stop applying physics to this, phsyics and manga don't go too well together. If she actully did a completely split the ship in one slice it'd need to be semi-circular as in one giant slice that splts the entire thing in two but obviously that would mess up her footing just as much as everyone elses yest somehow she's standing vertically in the middle of the origin of the split.

It's done for dramatics, just like how characters moving at supersonic/hypersonic speeds, don't cause sonic booms/catch fire.
If it was a Semi-Curricular cut, wouldn't she have needed to jump, and flip to manage it?

But yeah, attempting to apply logic and physics doesn't seem to work in this situation.
Old 2012-05-01, 15:01   Link #8512
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
If it was a Semi-Curricular cut, wouldn't she have needed to jump, and flip to manage it?

But yeah, attempting to apply logic and physics doesn't seem to work in this situation.
Told ya
Old 2012-05-01, 15:05   Link #8513
FFXFan13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Told ya
Even if the people are immune to regular logic and physics, does everything else have to be as well?
Old 2012-05-01, 15:18   Link #8514
Xiyon

Quote:
Of course it matters, they should all be in the water, praying for a rescue, not cramped together, prepping for a fight.
That's already applying real-world physics to the anime world, and even then the physics is all wrong.

Draw a free-body force diagram of the situation, taking into consideration where the carrier was cut, the force of the two halves exert by pressing against each other (as evidenced by how crazy chick tried to bring the team towards her), buoyancy, and friction; You'd find there are quite a lot of physical forces keeping the boat afloat. Let's assume this is a standard cruise liner/aircraft carrier, so it should weigh anywhere between 50k-100k tonnes. Ideally, the boat would sink until such time when the ocean 'exerts' an equal force that would keep the boat afloat, because the ocean has 'infinite' volume relative to the boat. However, there are people fighting on top, so that would shift the weight every so often. And, well, this is the ocean, so the waves would also disrupt the equilibrium, making the carrier sink. But these forces are very miniscule relative to the overall size of the system, and so the sinking would be gradual.

Point is, boats don't sink that quickly in real life. Otherwise, there wouldn't be any point in adding in lifeboats, would there, since people won't have time to run for them?
Old 2012-05-01, 15:20   Link #8515
Lexxus
YES! Hahahaha

Quote:
...Everyone in the world is a hypocrite to some degree, and I won't bother lying by saying I'm not. But still, there are plenty of other topics that could be discussed in the latest chapter, rather then "Ohy my god, Zen's got a harem and it's expanding".

I mean, does anybody know how Katana girl was able to cut a ship in half with her sword? Is her abnormality/Minus the ability to manipulate wind, to create an invisible extension to her sword? And how was it able cut through the ship in the first place?

And is she suicidal, since, she apparently doesn't have an escape plan, and just sank the ship she's standing on.
Oh geez. Sorry but you're just showing that you only want other people to discuss what you want. Which is why you react like that when someone said about Zen's harem. I bet you wouldn't react like that if they were talking about Kumagawa's harem, would you? Oh boy.

As for the discussion, others were talking the characters abilities, putting them in such situation and debating on how they can handle themselves. Which for me really makes the thread interesting for the last 5 pages or so because the guys were throwing out ideas and while one or two were agreeing or disagreeing to one or another.

PS. If you can't really stand others talking about Zen then I can help you ease your pain. Unsubscribe to this thread. Problem solve.
Lexxus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-01, 15:24   Link #8516
ziggi92

There is something I have been think about Devil Style suppose Zenkichi cannot control Devil Style willingly should he not have meet Medaka instead of Nienami since it is coincidence that he meet someone who has meet Medaka & would be her suitor meaning it is likely that Maguro gave the wrong indstructions to Medaka ship.
ziggi92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-01, 15:34   Link #8517
Xiyon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggi92 View Post
There is something I have been think about Devil Style suppose Zenkichi cannot control Devil Style willingly should he not have meet Medaka instead of Nienami since it is coincidence that he meet someone who has meet Medaka & would be her suitor meaning it is likely that Maguro gave the wrong indstructions to Medaka ship.
The thing is, there was at least a 1 week lag before Zenkichi's team arrived at the carrier. Think Sol pointed this one out; that the carrier is there with crazy chick waiting means the Suitors were expecting pursuers. Crazy chick attacked first, so we can also assume the suitors want to get rid of the pursuers.

Maguro did lead the team to the right ship, but the Suitors have something else up their sleeves and planned accordingly (transporting Medaka's group elsewhere).

This doesn't have anything to do with DS. Zenkichi wants to save Medaka, and Maguro's still part of the Kurokami Group (and so has access to their resources). The 'coincidence' would be, as Zenkichi flies to the carrier, he sees the transport Medaka's on, and promptly chases after her (or something along those lines, anyways).

Quote:
Techincally Zenkichi can't be labelled as a joker regardless, because Joker is someone who can't die by regular means, none of Zenkichi's abilities afford him that regardless of if he could defeat someone on that level.

Technically Kumagawa could never hit Zenkichi anyway thx to parasite seeing and the fact Zenkichi managed to tag him even when he was blind. (assumming Zen was willing to use it on him).

But devil style managing to mess up All fiction reality warping capabilities because it was also a reality warper, was always iffy business. Consider Nisio gave some retarded ass reason why Kumagawa got all fiction back I'm not surprised by anything he does anymore.
Agreed with your first two points, but your last one has an obvious flaw. ^_^;

That's exactly what DS prevents from happening; some retarded reason giving birth to a 'power-up' at the last moment. I don't think DS can 'evolve' the same way Kumagawa somehow used Bookmaker to re-make AF. At most, Zenkichi could probably switch the skill 'on' or 'off', or isolate its effects to one particular individual.

At the very least, there won't be any random power-ups in a Zenkichi battle. "If you're screwed, then you're screwed."

DS does exactly what Ajimu said (unless Nisio plays the 'Ajimu witheld part of the truth' card, which I doubt since she quoted Zenkichi's words).

Last edited by Xiyon; 2012-05-01 at 15:54.
Old 2012-05-01, 16:09   Link #8518
FFXFan13

Quote:
Point is, boats don't sink that quickly in real life. Otherwise, there wouldn't be any point in adding in lifeboats, would there, since people won't have time to run for them?
I'm not saying the ship should have sunk quickly, I'm suggesting that the ship should have fallen outwards, instead of collapsing inwards.
Old 2012-05-01, 16:22   Link #8519
Sol Falling

Quote:
I'm not saying the ship should have sunk quickly, I'm suggesting that the ship should have fallen outwards, instead of collapsing inwards.
The cut wasn't shown to go all the way through the ship--i.e., it is sinking, but it doesn't seem to have been completely split into two (see the pic posted earlier). Accordingly, perhaps it's only the floor/top surface of the carrier which is collapsing inwards, not the entire ship.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-01, 16:32   Link #8520
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
The cut wasn't shown to go all the way through the ship--i.e., it is sinking, but it doesn't seem to have been completely split into two (see the pic posted earlier). Accordingly, perhaps it's only the floor/top surface of the carrier which is collapsing inwards, not the entire ship.
Lets simply not apply physics to this in order to do what you just described the the top surface area of the carrier would have to be ridiculously thin in comparison to what it needs to be and poorly supported. Plus the forces applied just don't work that way.

Tags
action, comedy, harem, nishio, romance, shounen, student council