Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Madoka Magica

Notices

Old 2011-03-18, 05:16   Link #1841
sa547
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
Shit, it's Eva TV ending all over again. Well, Shaft has mastered the art of flashing text soo...

*Awaits "The End of Madoka" movie a year later, which will be violent as hell and even more mindfucking than usual.
QB Instrumentality Project.
Old 2011-03-18, 08:17   Link #1842
applejuice
I kill you
*Graphic Designer

Everyone in this world is officially fucked.
http://animapple.blogspot.com/2011/0...ek-either.html
Madoka will not even air during this March at all, and we are getting RIORIORIORIORIO-GATE double episodes airing instead. It's highly likely that they will just cancel the series.
Old 2011-03-18, 08:21   Link #1843
Nikanoru

While I would personally like a happy ending, I don't know if I would be content with it if that would mean they changed it from the original ending, and just sort of shoehorned it in. If it was originally meant to be a happy ending, then good. But if it's not the "true" ending, then it would just feel fake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by applejuice View Post
Madoka will not even air during this March at all, and we are getting RIORIORIORIORIO-GATE double episodes airing instead. It's highly likely that they will just cancel the series.
Aww, I finally caved and watched Madoka... now this.

I'm sure they can't just cancel it completely, with how popular it is? If not broadcast, surely they would still release the episodes on disk?
Nikanoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-18, 08:26   Link #1844
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Ah well. If worse comes to worst, Shaft will just stream those episodes on their website. I just hope we won't have to wait months this time.
Old 2011-03-18, 08:29   Link #1845
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Actually, canceling for a while will increase it's status even more as an absolutely legendary anime, enough so that demand for an ending will eventually make it happen.

Lol. XD
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-18, 08:29   Link #1846
applejuice
I kill you
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikanoru View Post
While I would personally like a happy ending, I don't know if I would be content with it if that would mean they changed it from the original ending, and just sort of shoehorned it in. If it was originally meant to be a happy ending, then good. But if it's not the "true" ending, then it would just feel fake.
From the fact that it is Urobuchi, you should never ever expect any sort of 'proper and ideal' happy ending... >_>

It was never aimed be happy story. At first, Producer suggested Shinbo to read 'FATE/ZERO' and producer said, 'LET'S MAKE MAHOU SHOUJO THAT LOOKS LIKE THIS!!!!!'. (...) That means there is no-way this is originally meant to be happy dobby story.

Happy ending? Nope. Nope nop noppeeeee. It will be something like Saya style 'yey we are saved, but everyone's dead!!!' happy ending, or 'I'm dead but died happily so i dun care!!!' style bitter-sweet ending. But of course, we know Urobuchi will always exceed what we are expecting.
Old 2011-03-18, 08:30   Link #1847
duckroll
綺羅星★!

You know, it'll be pretty brilliant if they decide to delay it for a month on purpose just to air ep11-12 on 30th April, from 11:30pm to 12:30am. Real Walpurgis Night!
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-18, 08:32   Link #1848
applejuice
I kill you
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Actually, canceling for a while will increase it's status even more as an absolutely legendary anime, enough so that demand for an ending will eventually make it happen.

Lol. XD
I can't watch it now, so that's all meaningless.
Old 2011-03-18, 09:02   Link #1849
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
You know, it'll be pretty brilliant if they decide to delay it for a month on purpose just to air ep11-12 on 30th April, from 11:30pm to 12:30am. Real Walpurgis Night!
I might bust a ball if that happened. It's painful enough just to wait a week but a month!?

All I really care now is that they stick with their original plan and not start changing endings. If they pull a deus ex machina I'll probably cry.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-18, 09:08   Link #1850
Jimmy C

Other sources suggest ep11 is airing week after next, on the 31st. Which would be April 1st given its post-midnight schedule.
Jimmy C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-18, 10:22   Link #1851
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

So the Blu-ray for "The Borrowers" is out and that means Madoka is probably not going to hit number one any longer until volume 6 comes out or something.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-18, 11:15   Link #1852
Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Ah well. If worse comes to worst, Shaft will just stream those episodes on their website. I just hope we won't have to wait months this time.
*Inserts RAGE.jpg*

Hope there will be double airing of ep 11 and 12 just like Geass R1's ep 24 and 25 four years back.
Old 2011-03-18, 11:17   Link #1853
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
improve it because it was not on par with the previous episodes

Urobuchi's tweets:
"To be honest, I thought "oh god episode 11." If it continues like this, it can't be helped if the finished work is disappointing on the 17th."
" This means they can give more time to the parts where difficult animation is required in episodes 11 and 12. It's going to be fine this way!"
"he is working hard at the moment to present some fine last two episodes to everyone"

So it's not improving from "good" to "even better" but from "disapointing" to "good".
Yhep, shaft being shaft. Did anyone seriously think otherwise? Really?

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
I might bust a ball if that happened. It's painful enough just to wait a week but a month!?

All I really care now is that they stick with their original plan and not start changing endings. If they pull a deus ex machina I'll probably cry.
What about a year? Yeah, that's how long it took to get the end to bakemonogatari so let's get ready for some waiting shall we? Who's got the tea?
Old 2011-03-18, 11:27   Link #1854
dr_marronflower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro
Who's got the tea?
Mami-san!!

But, seriously, Im despairing. I have a Madoka withdrawal syndrome.
GAAAAINAA.... no, wait... SHAAAAAAAAAAFT!!!!
Old 2011-03-18, 11:42   Link #1855
Dr. Casey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy C View Post
Other sources suggest ep11 is airing week after next, on the 31st. Which would be April 1st given its post-midnight schedule.
Yeah, this doesn't necessarily contradict the link omimon posted. I'll wait a bit before getting too bent out of shape. It would be kind of strange if it's delayed for so long though, because Urobuchi made it sound like releasing an episode on March 25th (Or April 1st at the very latest) would be entirely possible...

Edit: This page still lists Madoka 11 as March 31st and Madoka 12 as April 7th.
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-18, 13:01   Link #1856
Kazu-kun

Quote:
According to Quarterly S magazine April 2011 issue, director Shinbo Akiyuki said he wants to produce a spin-off of Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica. He thinks it's wasteful to let the unique characters go after the end of the current series and it's possible to produce a heart warming slice-of-life series where the characters live their lives smiling not crying.
Old 2011-03-18, 13:10   Link #1857
Sageblink
Speculation is wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
I'd rather have OAVs, with each depicting a witch we have encountered, but when she was an MG. Like Charlotte...

A short introduction to her life (assuming she's already an MG), some action scene, and then her falldown, some reminder of her wish... Sad and depressing.
Sageblink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-18, 13:10   Link #1858
Dr. Casey

I am completely in favor of this. There's always the chance that the 'heartwarming' thing is just another troll and the story isn't heartwarming at all, but whether it's Madoka: School Days version or Madoka: Lucky Star version, I'm looking forward to it.
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-18, 13:10   Link #1859
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
K-On! style Madoka Magica would be fairly easy to achieve...

Madoka = Yui
Homura = Mio
Kyoko = Ritsu
Mami = Mugi
Sayaka = Azu-nyan
Kyubey = The turtle

Could make for a funny watch.

In any event, I totally agree with Shinbo. These characters are definitely good enough to use in a more conventional slice-of-life schoolgirl show. So I hope that Urobuchi is willing to lend these characters to Shinbo and SHAFT for that purpose in a spin-off series.
Old 2011-03-18, 13:12   Link #1860
Seihai
スマイリウム

Great news. As long as it'll have more yuri vibes I can die happy.

Tags
despair, hope, madoka magica, magical girl, urobuchi gen