AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-04-24, 08:52   Link #201
tsunade666

man episode 2 leave me breathless, speechless for a couple of minutes there. It might be different from the manga but who cares. This one is total win. IT had BIGGER IMPACT and the impression it leave i different when I read chapter 1. The fight scene didn't fail too.
Old 2011-04-24, 11:55   Link #202
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Spoiler for episode 2:
Old 2011-04-24, 12:18   Link #203
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Spoiler for Ep2:
Old 2011-04-24, 12:24   Link #204
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Wow...absolutely breath-taking episode. Really enjoyed this one, and if it keeps up the mood/atmosphere I might be really impressed!

in other words, please don't develop into a mindless demon-slaying series...keep up with a good plot mkaythx!

edit:
just saw the preview...looks goooood to meee :].

Anyone know how many episodes this will be for this season? I could see this pulling a soul-eater/fma with 50+ episodes or so
Old 2011-04-24, 12:42   Link #205
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

^ It'll be 25 episodes although it may be split 2-cour (or 4-cour in this case).

Spoiler for Ep 2:
Old 2011-04-24, 12:56   Link #206
Destinyblade

miroku2192: It's going to be around 24-26 episodes long, but if sells well or gets good ratings, maybe a second season will happen.

As for the episode itself, it was great. The direction this episode took reminds me a little of the first Fullmetal Alchemist series: it changes things a little from the manga to make something (like a death) have that much more impact. Personally, I'm all for it if it's done the right way. After all, TV is a different medium than comics, so it should be made with the focus of making it for viewers and not just copying the original source panel by panel.

The OP was okay. It's not my favorite UVERworld song, and I agree that some scenes in the sequence seemed a bit off. I'd say the ED tops the OP in both sequence and song (and hey, who doesn't want to see Rin and Mephisto dance on some big screens in the city? ).
Destinyblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-24, 13:01   Link #207
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Thanks to both Suzuku and Destinyblade for answering my question.

Only 24-26 episodes though? How much source material is there? I understand that if it sells well/gets good ratings, maybe a second season will happen, but with the first 24-26 episodes, how much can they cover to make it super compelling? I mean this next arc seems to be about school with a bunch of side chara's, so that's going to take a while to get through right? In other words, will they be able to cover enough good material in the first 24-26 episodes that it'll warrant at least a second season (does any manga reader know?)

And I agree, the ED is really nice and fits well after these two endings so far.
Old 2011-04-24, 13:11   Link #208
Destinyblade

I could be wrong, but I thought someone mentioned that the first Fullmetal Alchemist anime started when its manga had about 20+ chapters out, and that's essentially where Ao no Exorcist is. So I don't think there will be a problem covering the majority of the source material, since the first FMA had to go on its own story about halfway through. As a matter of fact, I wouldn't be surprised if this anime goes on a couple of filler adventures with its beginning episodes.

The big question, however, is how this series will end. Since the manga is unlikely to end before the anime does, will the staff come up with its ending? Or will they leave it open? If it's the former, then the chances of a second season will end up being slim to none.
Old 2011-04-24, 14:11   Link #209
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Given FMA (initial incarnation) had a pretty boring ending, and how companies these days will generally go for whatever milks more money option, I’d say it’s not gonna get a anime original ending.

As for the episode, it was great! Especially the last part about becoming a exorcist and kicking satan’s ass was just awesome.
Old 2011-04-24, 14:28   Link #210
Westlo
Lets be reality

I really liked episode 1 but episode 2 just cemented this as one of my favs of the season. Nothing original to the genre but the production values along with the emotion it conveys just lifts it to the top of the shounen pile.

Have to single out the music, just superb. Really impressive stuff from Hiroyuki Sawano, especially "that" scene...
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-24, 15:00   Link #211
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

When you're dealing with a very straightforward premise like this, execution is everything. Fortunately the execution so far has been excellent, and with the cast and staff involved I would expect that to continue. Even knowing what was going to happen this week it still had a major impact, largely due to the great job the series did in establishing character in the premiere.

Nothing fancy here - just pure shounen done really well.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-24, 15:24   Link #212
king12354

A really well done second episode. I am hooked.
king12354 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-24, 16:19   Link #213
Narzia
┐(-。ー')┌

Awesome episode, this show and it's music... my god.. the music. The piano piece alone was divine.
Narzia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-24, 16:48   Link #214
Master Anime
Miracle Man
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Yahoo to Master Anime
At First I am little skeptical when hear A-1 doing this adaptation one of my fav manga

But after see 2 episode, The Anime is totally awesome, Animation & Music is great and i agree with some opinion who says this 2 ep have bigger impact than ch 1 manga.
Old 2011-04-24, 16:53   Link #215
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Be warned forum goers: two episodes (even three episodes) do not make the entire show! Don’t get your expectations up too high just because the opening story to the actual story, which we know nothing about, was executed nicely.
Old 2011-04-24, 17:18   Link #216
Destinyblade

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
Be warned forum goers: two episodes (even three episodes) do not make the entire show! Don’t get your expectations up too high just because the opening story to the actual story, which we know nothing about, was executed nicely.
Oh I think most, if not all, posters on here know that. It's just nice to see an anime (particularly a shounen/fantasy oriented one) actually do an excellent job on the execution. Too often these types just follow the manga completely and/or cram as much as possible into a single episode, and when that happens, it's hard to really care about the characters or even the show.

Ao no Exorcist has avoided these tendencies. I'm not saying that I'm going to compare this to my favorites, but the way the staff presented this episode has me very hopeful for the rest of the series. If the more intense and emotional parts of the story are presented in ways like this, it'll make me want to watch the show more.
Old 2011-04-24, 18:52   Link #217
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Spoiler for ep 2:
Old 2011-04-24, 19:21   Link #218
Seihai
スマイリウム

"I'm going to kick Satan's ass!" is one of the best lines I've recently heard. Ironic and badass at the same time!
Old 2011-04-24, 19:45   Link #219
Azure King
Snr Spammer

epi 2:
i found this quite impressive, it have been along time since i've seen a anime of this caliber, i just hope they can keep it up
Azure King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-24, 19:59   Link #220
Deconstructor
Crossdressing Menmatic

Having read the manga, I always wondered what inspired the author to design Yukio's face with moles. Yeah, maybe it's best if I stop commenting on it...

Episodes 1 and 2 are demonic. They're possessed. Immolated in blue fire.

So, so awesome. Anime like Blue Exorcist are why shonen anime became so popular worldwide... excellent fight scenes, touching family moments, and an entirely fantastical world the viewers want to immerse themselves in. This is D. Gray-Man 2.0.
Deconstructor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, shounen