AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Vampire Knight

Notices

View Poll Results: Vampire Knight - Episode 3 Rating
Perfect 10 22 30.56%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 24 33.33%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 16 22.22%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 11.11%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.39%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.39%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-04-24, 14:54   Link #1
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Vampire Knight - Episode 3 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Vampire Knight, Episode 3.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
Spoiler Policy
  • Any spoiler that reveals future events, even under a spoiler tag, will be deleted.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2008-04-24, 15:05   Link #2
BladeStone

After watching this episode:

Spoiler:

Also, am I the only guy who loves this series? I feel embarrassed for liking Shoujo this much . . .
Old 2008-04-24, 15:09   Link #3
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈÇΈ is the Best !!

Well...I Don't Think This Anime Only For Girls >.<
Good Ep And Awesome ..Give It 10/10
Btw ..I Really Screamed After Seen Sub Forum For Vampire Knight
Old 2008-04-24, 15:21   Link #4
Raserei Hojo
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to Raserei Hojo Send a message via MSN to Raserei Hojo Send a message via Yahoo to Raserei Hojo
From what I can see, the episode was 90% filler.

Spoiler for I had thought...:

Despite that, I thought it was really intense. The animation (in my opinion) improved for most parts, especially when zooming in on the little boy. It was CGI-esque. Even if it was filler-ish, it did maintain the point of chapter three of the manga.

I wonder if the anime will keep airing episodes in a 1:1 ratio with the manga chapters. Furthermore... Have you noticed how little advertising there is for Vampire Knight? There were hardly any proper animated promos, and then they don't even have proper previews for the next episode. Talk about suspense...
Old 2008-04-24, 15:21   Link #5
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

8/10 because they deviated from the manga a little, which isn't a bad thing, but they also reduced the impact of some scenes as well. in the manga, the zero x yuuki neck biting scene was done a lot better and had a much more profound, zomgwtf impact to it.

hopefully it'll steer on back on course with the manga in the coming eps. but this ep was hilarious as Aidou is a junk collector.. haha

yeah, the suspense is there for people who haven't read the manga yet. because with a show like this, anything can happen at pretty much any time, which makes it that much better.
Old 2008-04-24, 15:26   Link #6
Raserei Hojo
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to Raserei Hojo Send a message via MSN to Raserei Hojo Send a message via Yahoo to Raserei Hojo
Ah, yes... I love Aidou. He's definitely my favorite vampire, and his antics just absolutely crack me up! "I found another treasure...~" Haha! I don't think broken glass is a treasure. He's like a stereotypical "blonde" (no offense to any blondes) that hordes... shiny things.

Deviation from the manga isn't necessarily a bad thing. There is the rare occasion when the deviation can make parts of the anime better than the manga itself. But that's hard to do.
Old 2008-04-24, 16:16   Link #7
FuzzyWuzzy

Oooh the episode was so good. It had a nice suspense when yuuki was being targeted. I was like oh crap, oh crap. The way they animated it too when she was looking for the child was great. The ending was nice also. Zero bit yuuki. At least hopefully zero won't be emo anymore that he is becoming a vampire next episode.

Edit:

now I'm going to say this for all people that will come here and say the manga is better than the anime or this anime didn't follow the manga 100% so it sucks.

I really don't want to know which scenes are fillers and which ones are from the manga. It just ruins the story. To most anime viewers that do not read the manga, the anime is the story. We don't really care about what happens in the manga. Maybe if they are going to air more than 26 episodes, I would care about the manga since the anime is going very deep into the story if it's more than 26.

However, this one only has 26 episodes and I would like to enjoy those 26 episodes. It is certainly true that the anime may not go very deep into the story and they may put more action scenes, but that is what anime is for this genre. Anime needs to capture people's attention and interest rather than go very deep into the story.

If the people producing this anime thinks that they should add more action or more romance scenes, then that is their decision. If they want to deviate then that's their decision. I do not want to know that the romance scene between so and so is a filler or the action scene between so and so is a filler.

Last edited by FuzzyWuzzy; 2008-04-24 at 16:28.
Old 2008-04-24, 16:19   Link #8
Eps~
Busy busy busy
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raserei Hojo View Post
Deviation from the manga isn't necessarily a bad thing. There is the rare occasion when the deviation can make parts of the anime better than the manga itself. But that's hard to do.
Well put.

Also, liked how that low vampire was just shocked when he saw Kuran. Overall, a good episode.
Old 2008-04-24, 16:54   Link #9
Raserei Hojo
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyWuzzy View Post
If the people producing this anime thinks that they should add more action or more romance scenes, then that is their decision. If they want to deviate then that's their decision. I do not want to know that the romance scene between so and so is a filler or the action scene between so and so is a filler.
I don't believe that there is a single anime that doesn't deviate from the manga available. It's just like turning novels into movies. There are always going to be some altered, inserted, or deleted scenes.

So, I believe you're right in saying it's up to the production team to decide how to cover the story of Vampire Knight, but it's almost naive to expect it to follow the original story exactly anyway. If you know that Vampire Knight is based on a manga, then you should expect, no matter what, bits and pieces of the story to deviate.
Old 2008-04-24, 17:10   Link #10
Jerseykid

About the various power levels

Spoiler for :
Old 2008-04-24, 17:54   Link #11
BladeStone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseykid View Post
About the various power levels

Spoiler for :
Spoiler:
Old 2008-04-24, 21:38   Link #12
xxmimixx
♥Sebastian's new wife♥
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to xxmimixx Send a message via Yahoo to xxmimixx
Wow, episode 3 is freaking hot. It was like Castlevania all over again when the little boy bit yuuki like blood was like a drugh or something <3. So awsome!

Looking forward to episode 4.
Old 2008-04-24, 21:53   Link #13
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

I still think they jumped the gun by revealing that Zero was a vampire at the end of episode 1. The ending of this episode became more an inevitability than anything else, and it was just a case of going-through-the-motions until it reached this point. So we're here now, the question is, what's next. I think that'll be much more interesting than what's gone before.

The romantic tension is what separates this from just another vampire mystery, IMO. It's actually somewhat more interesting than "romantic tension" as well, because the fact that both the guys are vampires raises this question about whether they're attracted the Yuuki because of genuine love, or because of their vampiristic urges. It's a similar kind of idea to the one in Rosario + Vampire, only this will deal with it in a serious non-comedic fashion (thankfully).

Jury's still out on this one for me. I like some of its ideas, but there are stages where its execution could be much better (the horror/action sequence in this ep for example... lacked a bit of tension, IMO).
Old 2008-04-24, 23:24   Link #14
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

Finally a section for Vampire Knight!

I enjoy episode 3 a lot. It's creepy and the reveal at the end is just wow. Looking forward for more!
Old 2008-04-25, 06:55   Link #15
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
So we had some original material in episode 3 slight difference from the manga and a scene that was not even in the manga. I was happy with the changes I saw nothing wrong with them all scenes worked really well. Also, as most us manga readers stated the humor is becoming less and less with each passing episode. I was right about the pacing of show and i predicted we would see Zero bite Yuuki in episode 3, once again a little different from the manga but it worked, however with the change it makes me wonder when a "certain" character will show up. I loved how Kaname covered Yuuki's eyes so she wouldnt see the carnage he unleashed upon that level E who was terrified because he knew exactly who Kaname was by his scent. Cross and Kaname gave some hints on how someone becomes a Vampire but didnt say directly so i will refrain from talking about it. Over all DEEN is doing a great job so far with Vampire Knight Im hoping the direction and the excellent animation continues.
Old 2008-04-25, 09:55   Link #16
andromeda0201

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
Over all DEEN is doing a great job so far with Vampire Knight Im hoping the direction and the excellent animation continues.
The animation is no longer as excellent as the first episode, there is already a pretty significant difference for the character's faces and how smooth the effects and motions were. Then again, the panning in when she was looking for the kid was done very well, almost like a game when the player is exploring some ruins or forbidden city where you never know what you'll encounter next.

That aside, I really liked this episode, the creepiness was enhanced and I loved what they did with the level-E vampires. The manga never really scared me in the sense that I went...oh ok so some weird ugly vampires were going to attack her... but this made me jump and actually felt her fear.
And is it me or Zero's red eyes had a 'glistening' effect compared to the other vampires whose eyes turned a darker shade of red
Old 2008-04-25, 11:33   Link #17
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inujun View Post
And is it me or Zero's red eyes had a 'glistening' effect compared to the other vampires whose eyes turned a darker shade of red
I noticed that as well so i watched that scene again. I believe it was done on purpose to enhance the realization that Zero was a vampire to draw the audience in more it was obvious that they wanted us to focus on his eyes. The contrast of eyes being that color and his expression of sorrow for what he has become was excellent . When he said sorry to Yuuki with the blood on his mouth and his eyes shinning it evoked emotional response in me and i think thats what they were going for I bet that we wont see that glistening effect everytime his eyes change to that blood red.

I have noticed the drop in animation but at least for me its not the point where it actually takes away from watching it yet anymore and i might have a problem but for now im satisfied.

Last edited by Sinestra; 2008-04-25 at 14:13.
Old 2008-04-25, 12:41   Link #18
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~

Send a message via AIM to Owaranai Destiny Send a message via MSN to Owaranai Destiny
First time posting...abstained from A-S for two weeks, I believe.

I haven't really watched episode 3, but the lack of replies in the episode discussions is...somewhat disturbing, especially if VK has it's own section already.

Now, what's this about a child vampire? I more or less believed Zero is a vampire, considering all the obvious hints they dropped earlier on, but a child?
Old 2008-04-25, 13:06   Link #19
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owaranai Destiny View Post
I haven't really watched episode 3, but the lack of replies in the episode discussions is...somewhat disturbing, especially if VK has it's own section already.
VK just got the sub-forum yesterday so some members might not be aware of the move yet. Im sure discussion will pick up soon.

@Inujun: I agree with the animation, Im kinda sad its dropped already. I do agree with what was said earlier about Zero looking better then Kaname
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2008-04-25, 13:27   Link #20
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
i guess that spoiler tags arent needed anymore since it has been out for several days now..
either way it was about time he bit her -_-; Zero what took you so long!
Closed Thread