Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-08-27, 18:34   Link #161
Animizzle
Cool as a Cucumber

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuNo27
does any1 know what codec u need to watch anime heaven's anime (naruto 98)
This has everything you need for anime.

But it's not really the right forum for this question..
Old 2004-08-27, 18:45   Link #162
pathyfinder
Terabyte needs anime!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakashi-nindogs
tsunade telling kakashi how he could have lost to just two people id like to see her fight itachi. now that would be a good fight. wonder if itll ever happen
uhm.. when she said " that" it was sort of levity or "humor" I mean you really don't want someone healing you and saying "wow, man I'm glad I wasn't there" or something worse... and something tells me she could take Itachi. (After all she is one of the Sannin) That would be one great fight to see

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopelessLover
Hell yah. Girls are more harder to understand then Jeopardy. So I also give up.
Well, You could just do what girls say?

(again this is humor)
pathyfinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-27, 19:34   Link #163
Trov
Holy cack!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pathyfinder

Well, You could just do what girls say?

(again this is humor)
*gasp* But thats not the manly way!
Old 2004-08-27, 21:22   Link #164
Anthriel
天使

Quote:
Originally Posted by yinstro
na the dude said he was shocked that naruto the loud and obnoxious guy faded into the background
I wasn't shocked, I liked him for doing that. Name another instance, where number one loud ninja Naruto fades into the background.
Dez is right, I never said Sasuke cares more for other people than Naruto does, however, Sasuke is the quiet guy and Naruto the loud one. If Naruto likes someone, he will say it immediatley, whereas Sasuke will keep it to himself. By the way, yeah, I admit it, I get along with quiet people way better than with loud people, especially attention whores. So what?
As for Naruto's sensitivity, as Tsunade said it, he doesn't really look like a sensitive guy. Most of the time, he is just loud and dumb in social situations.

By the way, my point about Sasuke's willingness to die for someone was: Naruto was never willing to die for someone, since fighting Zabuza he doesn't even seem to be aware of the fact he may very well die, and would have died a couple of times if it weren't for Kyuubi. He is the main character, so he doesn't really have to fear death, yet he seems to be somewhat ignorant of it, whereas Sasuke is aware of death. In the confrontation with Oro, Sasuke knew all of them were going to get killed if they would try to fight him, Naruto didn't even think of the possibility. Such behauvior might be seen as brave, however, in real life it will get you killed quickly, and in the Naruto world as well. Remember Tsunade's brother? Who didn't like to run away, even if he didn't have any chance in combat as a genin? Maybe Naruto will realize the danger of death at some time, but at the moment, he isn't aware of it, contrary to Sasuke.
Kabuto was dead on when he said: "I you die, your dreams will vanish!" Naruto said he couldn't die till he becomes the Hokage. He's right ... but if he weren't the main character ...
What I want to say is: Sasuke was willing to give up his life and his ambition for someone else. Naruto was not. That doesn't mean Sasuke is the better person (he is obviously not), but it does mean Sasuke was willing to sacrifice everything for his comrades, thus, they meant more to him than anything else. Affection doesn't get stronger than that. If I had a crush on someone, and that one would save me a couple of times, and at one time, want to give his life for me, my love for that one sure as hell wouldn't become weaker, even if he/she wouldn't tell me anything about his/her feelings, I would simply assume I would have to mean alot to that one, if he/she is willing to give his/her (that's annoying) life for me. Obviously giving your life for someone doesn't mean that one has romantic feelings for you (Kakashi was willing to give his life for Sakura as well), however, if you have a crush on someone for years, even though that one doesn't even know you exist, something like that will mean a lot to you. Since the first days of Team Seven, Sasuke never said something negative about Sakura, he even complimented her on her genjutsu skills, and he was influenced by her a lot, especially in the curse seal scene. They did become closer over time, Sakura obviously hopes Sasuke will return her feelings at some point, and that doesn't sound to unrealistic to me. Given Sasuke's development till his confrontation with Itachi, that was actually extremely likely.

Oh well ... I'm just blabbering non sense. Anyway, I hope you understand what I tried to say anyway.

Last edited by Anthriel; 2004-08-27 at 21:33.
Anthriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-27, 21:36   Link #165
Ketsueki

Send a message via AIM to Ketsueki Send a message via MSN to Ketsueki Send a message via Yahoo to Ketsueki
Quote:
He is the main character, so he doesn't really have to fear death, yet he seems to be somewhat ignorant of it
That would be true... but I don't think Naruto knows he is the main character. Heh. Naruto fought with Gaara when he was transforming to save Sakura... I think that shows that he is willing to die to save a comrade... he even said it before beginning to attack Gaara. I'm sure Naruto know's death, but he won't accept anything less than becoming Hokage so he does whatever it would take to stay alive and achive that, but he's already put he's life on the line to save a comrade.

And again back when Orochimaru attacked Sasuke and Sakura in the forest of death he attacked Oro even though he summond a huge snake. I'd say when it comes to protecting team mates, all three of them (Naruto, Sasuke and Sakura) done whatever they could, within their power, to save their comrades.

They've all risked their lives for one another.
Ketsueki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-27, 21:54   Link #166
Voltage
若い雷

Send a message via AIM to Voltage
Shikamaru already said in the forest of death exam, "Naruto isn't the type of guy to be a main character in a story"
Voltage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-27, 22:17   Link #167
yinstro

i think that you generally avoid loud "obnoxious" people understandable they can be quite annoying. But that means you dont really know these type of people. I think you underestimate naruto's sensitivity. He looks at everyone, notices them in their dreams, hinata, konohamaru neiji even gaara. He just chooses to deal with it in a loud fashion. Like a dog barking at the world. He knows hes putting his life on th eline, no matter what he says, you think because naruto is loud he says everything hes thinking? Even the loud person doesnt speak all of himself. Naruto knows he can die, he doesnt believe that he will die though. There is a difference between risking his life and throwing it away. He's not gonna plan for death, but he will risk it. This is one of naruto's factors I dont know if you can appreciate it, your like kabuto, and sasuke. They know if you die you cant achieve your dream. But Naruto just will not think of the negative in these situations, hes not gonna defeat himself, you will have to do it.
Anyhow i just i think naruto is definitely the type who cares about people. Even if hes loud and obnoxious, dont look down on the loud obnoxious guys. loud or quiet says nothing about how much you care
yinstro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-27, 22:19   Link #168
Anthriel
天使

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketsueki
That would be true... but I don't think Naruto knows he is the main character. Heh. Naruto fought with Gaara when he was transforming to save Sakura... I think that shows that he is willing to die to save a comrade... he even said it before beginning to attack Gaara. I'm sure Naruto know's death, but he won't accept anything less than becoming Hokage so he does whatever it would take to stay alive and achive that, but he's already put he's life on the line to save a comrade.

And again back when Orochimaru attacked Sasuke and Sakura in the forest of death he attacked Oro even though he summond a huge snake. I'd say when it comes to protecting team mates, all three of them (Naruto, Sasuke and Sakura) done whatever they could, within their power, to save their comrades.

They've all risked their lives for one another.
Well, he said he wants to beat Gaara even if it costs him his life ... but yeah, I think you are right. It's just that he never was in a situation where he had to choose between saving his comrades and life, there is a difference between putting your life on the line and giving your life. But the difference isn't large, so it doesn't really matter.
However, I'm not sure about Sakura doing everything to protect the team ... the scene where she calls Sasuke a coward for not fighting Orochimaru while standing in the background doing nothing was classic.
I was not serious, by the way. ^^; During the Zabuza arc, team seven became close, I was somewhat dissapointed when they reverted back to their old behauviour after the Zabuza arc, like nothing changed.
Anthriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-27, 22:36   Link #169
Asakura_Y0h
little black butterfly

Send a message via MSN to Asakura_Y0h
to put in more simpler terms... I guess Naruto has this in mind, I'm pretty sure he knows death... but for him its a "do or die" situation... if he doesn't go all out to achieve his dream... he won't achieve it either... and the trials and obstacles to becoming a Hokage warrant you to put your life on the line many times and you have to face it otherwise you won't be achieving your dreams anyway... so its either you become Hokage, or you die trying... that's it... I don't think he views it any other way.......

As for the relationship triangle... It kinda reminds me of my highschool crushes and I find that the guy I had a crush on likes someone else... I won't be entirely upset about it and I'll just say, "oh well, as long as they're happy.... and probably, they need each other"..... I suppose it was like that for Naruto... As for Sasuke.... hmmm... I still expect him to come into a tragic end... I haven't read the manga so... not sure yet...... also... I doubt that there'll will be any conclusions to the pairings although there are quite a few possible combies... naruto X Hinata, naruto X Sakura, Sasuke X Sakura and also impossible ones like Lee X Sakura and Ino X Sasuke...... that are funny to ponder about
Asakura_Y0h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-27, 22:37   Link #170
Ketsueki

Send a message via AIM to Ketsueki Send a message via MSN to Ketsueki Send a message via Yahoo to Ketsueki
Sakura got beaten up pretty badly protecting Naruto and Sasuke when they were out for the count and a Sound attacked... she was also risking her life, it was a smaller scale battle, of course, but she can't hope to compete with Naruto and Sasuke when it comes to fighting.
Ketsueki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-28, 01:06   Link #171
Mika

I really dont like her Sasuke kun ...all the time but she did try and she does strengths...just not aperant at this time aside from great smarts and charkra control.....besides shes the token love triangle...what would you have to complain about in down times if it wasnt for her ...hmmm
Mika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-28, 08:24   Link #172
Dez
Speshul

Send a message via AIM to Dez
Quote:
Sakura got beaten up pretty badly protecting Naruto and Sasuke when they were out for the count and a Sound attacked... she was also risking her life, it was a smaller scale battle, of course, but she can't hope to compete with Naruto and Sasuke when it comes to fighting.
Sakura also stood her ground against Gaara, admittedly it didn't accomplish much, but at least she put in the effort.
Dez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-28, 08:30   Link #173
TheBruce

Sakura is actually a nice resemblance to most young women. Most important thing is their relationships with their favorite opposite sex, and if you don't care about Naruto fighting Neji (until Ino said something), or care that your sensei is in a coma, or that Naruto brought back the one person that could cure both Sasuke and Kakashi, its no biggy, you kept those flowers fresh in Sasukes room.

At least she starts to understand things with Lee around. But yah shes pretty inconsiderate as a whole, especially with the people supposedly close to her. (Except Sasuke of course)
TheBruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-28, 09:05   Link #174
troublesome

finally watched 98, sheez when it ends i'm like...."what? ended already? i'm just warming up the seat"...little has been shown and nothing special at all, to me it's worse than the filler 97, except for the part when lee gorge himself with all of gai's terrible tasting dumplings lolz....
troublesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-28, 11:55   Link #175
killusuka
the one you wish you were

Send a message via AIM to killusuka Send a message via MSN to killusuka
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakashi-nindogs
tsunade telling kakashi how he could have lost to just two people id like to see her fight itachi. now that would be a good fight. wonder if itll ever happen

i think she's being sarcastic/playful and doesnt mean it literally....
it came to me as that.
killusuka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-28, 20:17   Link #176
XzNewtypEzX

Something that got my attention during this episode was the short conversation between Hinata and Shino? What do you guys and gals think they were talking about?
XzNewtypEzX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-28, 22:54   Link #177
hunterx
ore wa kanpeki da

98 was awesome. Dunno about you guys but liked 97 and 98. You can't have fighting all the time otherwise it just turns into dbz. I had to watch konohamaru in tsunades breats twice I laughed so hard the first time. Poor jiraya, he must be the only one who hasn't been in there
hunterx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-28, 22:57   Link #178
Rotweiler

It looks like Iruka has got the 'coming late flu' from Kakashi. Poor Naruto. One by one all of his teachers seem to get this disease.

And poor Konohamaru. It looks like almost every kid in the village has a father figure except him. He looks sad/angry when he saw Naruto going to Ramen shop with Iruka.
Rotweiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-28, 23:28   Link #179
lukeluke

Send a message via ICQ to lukeluke Send a message via MSN to lukeluke
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotweiler
And poor Konohamaru. It looks like almost every kid in the village has a father figure except him. He looks sad/angry when he saw Naruto going to Ramen shop with Iruka.
I think he looks sad/angry because Naruto and Iruka were talking about the Fifth. That's my impression.
lukeluke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-28, 23:31   Link #180
Enodu_2

Anyone agree? Sakura sucks?
Enodu_2 is offline   Reply With Quote