AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2005-12-19, 07:22   Link #21
PaPe
The chibi mistress

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrProphet
Too bad the last one has gone south... It had some interesting discussions. But anyway...

If you are at all unaware as to what this series is, check out the website: http://www.eureka-prj.net/

The series is right now up to 35 episodes (in raw, untranslated form) and for the obvious reasons we can't discuss the fansubs per se, as the show is licensed by Bandai.

As for ep. 35, I have only two words to say...
Spoiler:

And if you didn't get the significance, well...
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
PaPe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-19, 12:21   Link #22
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Send a message via ICQ to MrProphet
Spoiler:

As for the Nadia similarieties, well, it was long established that BONES knows and loves it's Gainax a lot, so it wasn't all that unexpected. 8)
MrProphet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-19, 14:51   Link #23
PaPe
The chibi mistress

Thank you for the character information. I didn't know.

Spoiler:

About Bones, if they weren't big Gainax fan they probably wouldn't have done Rah. However I'm really surprised about how many paralles/homages they are doing and about the fact that they manage to keep EUREKA 7 a good show with its own personality.
PaPe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-20, 23:56   Link #24
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

well, there are also a lot of Gundam 0079 and EVA homage, and I think there may be some big Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri fans among the staff
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-21, 00:47   Link #25
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Gundam homage in Eureka 7 is really a no brainer, since BONES are all old Sunrise hands (BONES was formed as a spin-off team from Sunrise who worked on Cowboy Bebop), and Eureka features people like Shoji Kawamori and his buddy Kazutaka Miyatake. 8)
Old 2005-12-22, 12:50   Link #26
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Those are some interesting information. As much as I hate and loathe Gundam like mecha show and the phony drama (merely my opinion ), Eureka is just awesome. I wasn't much into trance music half a year ago before I started watching this show. I am still not much into trance except when I am watching this show or listening to it's OST and that's quite often to my standard. It's simply awesome from every aspect I can think of that would qualify as good watching. There is, of course, Charles Beam. How many show can say it has a character like that? Not many.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-22, 14:09   Link #27
Shay
Monarch Programmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir
Those are some interesting information. As much as I hate and loathe Gundam like mecha show and the phony drama (merely my opinion ), Eureka is just awesome. I wasn't much into trance music half a year ago before I started watching this show. I am still not much into trance except when I am watching this show or listening to it's OST and that's quite often to my standard. It's simply awesome from every aspect I can think of that would qualify as good watching. There is, of course, Charles Beam. How many show can say it has a character like that? Not many.
Hmm, I ditched this show at like ep 7. Has it got good or something?
Current Album - Vessel by Twenty One Pilots
Shay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-23, 07:47   Link #28
dreamless

If you ditched the show at ep7, maybe it's not for you. But then for me the show's getting from great to even greater from the end of the first season (ep12 or so)
Old 2005-12-23, 12:19   Link #29
denpxc

I just discovered this show, and I really like it so far

Need more

/love eureka

Last edited by denpxc; 2005-12-23 at 12:37.
denpxc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-23, 21:21   Link #30
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shay
Hmm, I ditched this show at like ep 7. Has it got good or something?
For the love of all that is hairy, --get those episodes!-- Gawd man! Now that you have a nice pool of episodes it should be a lot more enjoyable sitting through them rather than waiting for one episode per week.

Admittedly it has it's childish element with it's colorful explosion and odd landscape and the annoyingly added mystery that doesn't seem to lead to anywhere. Then it gets better. It gets shocking, saddening, exhilarating, gruelling, and sometime even serene. Oh, and let's not forget the romance.

Get those episodes. Get them. Get them. Get them. Get those sexy thighs moving even if they aren't going to be used to get those episodes. Just get them, will you? Up to ep 21 should be very easy to get.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-23, 23:39   Link #31
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

I think 7 was the worst Eureka 7 episode (it was about those annoying brats), so I absolutely understand why some one would stop watching after that. Myself, I kinda abbandoned Eureka for some time there, but decided to pick it up once more and never regretted it.

The plot kicks in right around episode 10 and it just doesn't stop being better and better every single Sunday. 8)
Old 2005-12-25, 09:02   Link #32
dreamless

episode 36 has an Eureka with face make-ups... well, the result is kinda expected I guess

Dian and Holland's part is nice
Old 2005-12-25, 18:04   Link #33
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

He-he, this was a funny episode.

Spoiler:
Old 2005-12-25, 18:21   Link #34
Tommy
Mr. Prince

Since it's Christmas and I'm feeling generous I made some gifs! Get em while their hot!

Tommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-25, 23:51   Link #35
SlugZilla
woofles

I've been wondering about Eureka(spoiler from ep30+)
Spoiler:
SlugZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-26, 02:01   Link #36
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlugZilla
I've been wondering about Eureka(spoiler from ep30+)
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Just a disclaimer... I pretty much hate the new Eureka's look. See looked so much better before. Understandably, they needed to change it to test Renton's attraction to her, and he did pass the test in this latest episode. But I really do hope they go to the earlier character designs soon.

PS Although I don't think they would. 8)

Spoiler:
Old 2005-12-26, 08:54   Link #37
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

If anyone's interested, ratings for Eureka episodes are as follows:

Spoiler:

For a 7 am show that broadcasts on Sunday, it's really not bad (shows that broadcast after midnight get similar results). But nothing to write home about either.

Taking into account the fact that this is a BONES show, some might call it a major flop. I still wonder why they chose such a bad timeslot. I mean, this is BONES with their proven hit power.

Where's the love from the TV network?

Last edited by MrProphet; 2005-12-26 at 10:37.
Old 2005-12-26, 09:11   Link #38
wao
OK.

Well, it's quite plausible that they weren't willing to let a completely original show get a better timeslot because it's too risky... Perhaps they were seeing if it does relatively well for this timeslot, they'll rerun it at a better time.

(...I have a lot of eps to catch up to and a large lack of diskspace. Bloody dvd burner...)
Old 2005-12-26, 10:42   Link #39
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Well... it has mecha. It has a teenage hero. And it has mysterious blue-haired girl. Sounds like a hit to me. 8)

BTW, as funny as it sounds, the lowest rating Evangelion got was 0.9% when it was broadcasted early in the morning before it got switched to a better slot. But then again, Evangelion averaged 7.1%, while Eureka so far averages 1.76% 8)
Old 2005-12-26, 10:46   Link #40
SlugZilla
woofles

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrProphet
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
SlugZilla is offline   Reply With Quote