AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-07-22, 10:51   Link #281
Ichuki
┌(^o^)┘モリ!┌(^o^)┘モリ!

Picks

<<琴吹紬@映画 けいおん!>>
<<ダンタリアン(ダリアン)@ダンタリアンの書架>>
<<花菱美希@ハヤテのごとく! HEAVEN IS A PLACE ON EARTH>>
<<桂雪路@ハヤテのごとく! HEAVEN IS A PLACE ON EARTH>>
<<マチ@HUNTERΧHUNTER>>
<<瀬名愛理@ましろ色シンフォニー -The color of lovers->>
<<プリンセス・オブ・ザ・クリスタル@輪るピングドラム>>
<<絡繰茶々丸@魔法先生ネギま! ANIME FINAL>>
<<美翔舞(キュアイーグレット)@映画 プリキュアオールスターズNewStage みらいのともだち>>
<<南野奏(キュアリズム)@スイートプリキュア♪>>
Old 2012-07-22, 11:01   Link #282
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aya Reiko View Post
What is the record for most characters in the tournament from a single series, and has Saki broken it yet?

Currently, Saki has 19 girls in this year's tournament.
Still has ways to go to beat Negima's record of 35 (2005).
Old 2012-07-22, 12:43   Link #283
Micchi
兄さんが望むなら...

7-3-0 (57-28-10). A bit sad that Minorin had to be out by 1 vote, but... Sakuno♥♥♥

P1-11
<<深山佳奈@あっちこっち>>
<<塔原明日葉@アスタロッテのおもちゃ! EX>>
<<平沢唯@映画 けいおん!>>
<<琴吹紬@映画 けいおん!>>
<<中野梓@映画 けいおん!>>
<<桜咲刹那@魔法先生ネギま! ANIME FINAL>>
<<瀬名愛理@ましろ色シンフォニー -The color of lovers->>
<<宇佐美マサムネ@まよチキ!>>
<<ヘカテー@灼眼のシャナIII -Final->>
<<サーニャ・V・リトヴャク@ストライクウィッチーズ劇場版>>

It's K-ON! day. Let's see if they can rebound from last year. I don't think any anti-champion sentiment would be present for the prelims. Hopefully Airi does well too after Sana and Miu's nice showings.
Old 2012-07-22, 12:52   Link #284
Team Rocket Elite

8-2-0

Spoiler for Preliminary 1-10 Results:

My Top 10 for Preliminary 1-11:
Spoiler for Preliminary 1-11:

Shimizudani Ryuuka could make the claim of being third strongest behind Toki and Kuro. However, Azusa and Yui will be very tough to beat if they can show the strength they used to have.
Old 2012-07-22, 13:31   Link #285
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by ion475 View Post
With the way the prelim voting is (10 girls/vote), many people can afford to vote for all the known Saki girls (Some even go further and vote for every single Saki girls out there) and the top girls from other series. Those votes add up quickly...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Rocket Elite View Post
Shimizudani Ryuuka could make the claim of being third strongest behind Toki and Kuro. However, Azusa and Yui will be very tough to beat if they can show the strength they used to have.
It is pretty much a joke how many characters Saki got into the main tournament. Completely unimportant character like that whatshername commentator, Kuro who did absolutely nothing for two matches except discard a dora at the end and even Saki who only moped around in the 30 seconds of screen time she had made the cut.
Old 2012-07-22, 13:40   Link #286
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

A little late but I see Saimoe's troll of trolls (for some people) has returned for her probable final year. Will she be taken down again by Nodoka, or does Nodoka have other and newer Kugamiya to slay?
Old 2012-07-22, 14:00   Link #287
ion475
にこにこにー

Quote:
It is pretty much a joke how many characters Saki got into the main tournament. Completely unimportant character like that whatshername commentator, Kuro who did absolutely nothing for two matches except discard a dora at the end and even Saki who only moped around in the 30 seconds of screen time she had made the cut.
Like I said, there are TONS of votes that basically vote for every single recognizable Saki girls out there.

And what's with your Kuro-chan hate? Giving up Rons after Rons is not "doing something" for you? As much as Toki gets all the screentime, Kuro still represent the "featured" school and is the main girl when it comes to mahjong.

Hack, if anything, Shizu did even less and she's THE main heroine...
Old 2012-07-22, 14:07   Link #288
Kotarou Inugami
クロームにゃん!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnAdct1 View Post
Still has ways to go to beat Negima's record of 35 (2005).
Of the 35 Negima girls that advanced to the main tournament (38 competed total), 22 of them advanced in the first preliminary. Of course, only Nodoka-chan made it to the group finals and lost.

Still, a much different Negima team than right now, with only 1 of 26 girls making it to the second prelims with another 20 waiting for their fate.
Old 2012-07-22, 14:09   Link #289
Team Rocket Elite

I can understand the complaints against minor Saki characters and cameos who are coasting off the main series. However, Kuro gets a fair amount of screentime. There's more to the series than just the mahjong matches. Also being totally useless is part of Kuro's charm. >_>
Old 2012-07-22, 14:59   Link #290
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by ion475 View Post
Like I said, there are TONS of votes that basically vote for every single recognizable Saki girls out there.

And what's with your Kuro-chan hate? Giving up Rons after Rons is not "doing something" for you? As much as Toki gets all the screentime, Kuro still represent the "featured" school and is the main girl when it comes to mahjong.

Hack, if anything, Shizu did even less and she's THE main heroine...
Isn't it ironic that a show called Achiga-hen mainly is about Teru/Subara/Toki?

Representing the so-called 'featured' school does not equal having any importance in the show. Dealing into other players over and over again isn't exactly going to take my vote either. And I never said anything about liking Shizu.
Old 2012-07-22, 15:02   Link #291
anisu

Quote:
Shimizudani Ryuuka could make the claim of being third strongest behind Toki and Kuro.
I think that would be Yuu, but Ryuuka does stand to benefit the most from the remaining 3 episodes, if those come out any time soon. It'll be unfortunate for her if she gets a tough first round match before they're released.

Quote:
Kuro
It's SaiMoe, not SaiGar. Kuro is definitely a moe character.

Looking at the later groups, Saki probably won't win any of 14-16, so getting half of all first places should require Ryuuka, Nodoka, and Momo/Kirame to sweep 11-13. I think they're on pace to break Negima's record by the end of the second preliminaries.
Old 2012-07-22, 15:04   Link #292
Team Rocket Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
Isn't it ironic that a show called Achiga-hen mainly is about Teru/Subara/Toki?

Representing the so-called 'featured' school does not equal having any importance in the show. Dealing into other players over and over again isn't exactly going to take my vote either. And I never said anything about liking Shizu.
You don't have to like Kuro or anyone else from the show. However, it shouldn't be that surprising to you that other people do like her for what she does in the show.
Old 2012-07-22, 15:09   Link #293
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
What? Kuro stopped the Teru time.
Old 2012-07-22, 16:25   Link #294
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kotarou Inugami View Post
Of the 35 Negima girls that advanced to the main tournament (38 competed total), 22 of them advanced in the first preliminary. Of course, only Nodoka-chan made it to the group finals and lost.
Of course, it didn't help that Evangeline had to go up against Natsuki from Mai-HiME (the one that eventually led to Nodoka-chan's defeat) in the second round, while strong girls Asuna and Setsuna were in the same block as Shinku and Suiseiseki (and don't get me started on Fate Testarossa). Luckily, while some steam was indeed out gone for the title, Konoka did follow in Nodoka's path two years later.

Quote:
Still, a much different Negima team than right now, with only 1 of 26 girls making it to the second prelims with another 20 waiting for their fate.
So true. After last year (when only Evangeline made it into the main tournament), it's apparrent that Negima doesn't have the same "strength" that it did seven years ago.
Old 2012-07-22, 21:03   Link #295
ion475
にこにこにー

Half way point, according to the tracker, with the exception of Toyone, I'm voting for girls ranking 1st-9th (Toyone is 12th right now)...

Quote:
Looking at the later groups, Saki probably won't win any of 14-16, so getting half of all first places should require Ryuuka, Nodoka, and Momo/Kirame to sweep 11-13. I think they're on pace to break Negima's record by the end of the second preliminaries.
Let see...
Group 12 - It's between Nodoka and Niku from Day 1...
Group 13 - Nadeko is there to stop the Saki madness. Will she be strong enough is another thing (Nisemonogatari is underperforming...)
Group 14 - Izumi is the only notable Saki girl. With Mio and Hina in this group, though, she has no chance.
Group 15 - Arata is here. Komaki didn't appear long enough in anime, so she'll only get the votes from people that had read the manga. Kobato and Shirakiin should be competing for 1-2, though.
Group 16 - No one notable at all.
Old 2012-07-22, 22:26   Link #296
Aya Reiko
Cutengu

Winning first in the prelims is a good indicator that there is a good chance she could win it all. Which now includes someone based on a character from the Cthulhu mythos.

edit- OT- Skyrim @ half off at Steam for the next 12 hours. Get now.
Old 2012-07-23, 09:33   Link #297
uis

Spoiler for P1G11:

A draw happen...

-It is okay if you are weak. I will grab your hand and realize your dream-
Old 2012-07-23, 09:39   Link #298
Aya Reiko
Cutengu

Quote:
Originally Posted by uis View Post
Spoiler for P1G11:

A draw happen...
Matters little since it happened at the top, not the bottom.
Old 2012-07-23, 09:48   Link #299
uis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aya Reiko View Post
Matters little since it happened at the top, not the bottom.
It matter for me because i want see Ryuuka win...

-It is okay if you are weak. I will grab your hand and realize your dream-
Old 2012-07-23, 09:56   Link #300
RJ TAYLER

Hat-trick of former champions (2007, 2009, 2010) in the main draw, wonder if this ties the record?
Closed Thread

Tags
2012, anime saimoe tournament, saimoe, tournament