AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-10-05, 12:26   Link #941
Miraluka
Banned

Oh, really?
I need to check then.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-06, 09:30   Link #942
Riki
ランダム王

the next part is the last for chapt 2 so after that ill be disappearing for a while. having exams so bear with it.~
Old 2012-10-06, 17:18   Link #943
sky black swordman

^ Thats ok. Gook luck on you exams.
Old 2012-10-06, 20:36   Link #944
supastooge

Hi, i have a question. I really like this series and I can sort of speak japanese and understand it, and i can even read hiragana and katakana, but I cant read the raws because i have no idea how to read kanji. Is there any way for me to get around this, or am i going to have to learn 1000+ different kanji first, because that seems like it would take a while. Thanks.
supastooge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-07, 00:25   Link #945
Riki
ランダム王

Quote:
Originally Posted by supastooge View Post
Hi, i have a question. I really like this series and I can sort of speak japanese and understand it, and i can even read hiragana and katakana, but I cant read the raws because i have no idea how to read kanji. Is there any way for me to get around this, or am i going to have to learn 1000+ different kanji first, because that seems like it would take a while. Thanks.
if you can read chinese then thats one way. for english..........we're still Translating. Or you can take the long road and study Jap, and be able to read other books too. i picked the last one when DAL first came out.
Old 2012-10-07, 00:49   Link #946
supastooge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riki View Post
if you can read chinese then thats one way. for english..........we're still Translating. Or you can take the long road and study Jap, and be able to read other books too. i picked the last one when DAL first came out.
so when you were studying japanese did you take a class or did you teach yourself? im just looking for a way to learn kanji i guess. thanks
supastooge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-07, 00:50   Link #947
Riki
ランダム王

Quote:
so when you were studying japanese did you take a class or did you teach yourself? im just looking for a way to learn kanji i guess. thanks
self-learned i just bought a dictionary and started learning the basics. you can check the methods using google if you'd like

Edit: stop the conversation and continue it on my private message. this is a disscussion page for the series.
Old 2012-10-07, 01:25   Link #948
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Quote:
Hopefully I'm not one to infringe. I was initially going to address this as a private message like what Riki is doing, but seeing as this could also apply for those who wish to learn Japanese, I might as well post it here.

First of all, you have to remember that despite the intimidating number of kanjis, you will not be learning all of them at the same time nor will you be using all of them at once. Much like the English language and its thousands of words, most have degrees of usage and apply to particular contexts. This is what you need to keep in mind.

I suggest familiarizing yourself with furigana for the basic kanjis; by basic I am referring to the ones that will be commonly used. You can use sites like http://www.romajidesu.com/ in an attempt to look up kanjis via their furigana readings, or their english equivalent. In case you are familiar with it, I suggest using some program which can help you keep track of kanjis and their furiganas like Mecab or JParser.

Then, try something like opening a notepad or some such text processor, and writing down the furiganas/kanjis that elude you. Just take it slow and easy, and remember the context that those kanjis will be present in. Eventually you should get the hang of it.

Learning the language is not easy, yes. But it's also not as impossible as people make it out to be.

EDIT- Forgot to add, thanks for all the translating efforts, Riki and jonathanasdf!

EDIT2- I forgot to add that using Microsoft IME Pad to draw out the kanjis is also a helpful tool.

Last edited by Hemisphere; 2012-10-09 at 06:03.
Hemisphere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-13, 10:37   Link #949
Riki
ランダム王

breaking trough the limits of the human being chapter 2 is updated and done. now for this chapter dont hate tohka for her dumbness.......well i got some yoshinon so no probs Guhehehehe *shock* ahem anyways now that chapter 2 is done Enjoy~~
Old 2012-10-13, 10:44   Link #950
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Was that the one with Tohka having an argument with Yoshinon? That was comedy gold.
Old 2012-10-13, 10:45   Link #951
Riki
ランダム王

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemisphere View Post
Was that the one with Tohka having an argument with Yoshinon? That was comedy gold.
but it felt awkward when i see Tohka getting pissed at the puppet instead of the real person (=.=)lll
Old 2012-10-13, 10:47   Link #952
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Quote:
but it felt awkward when i see Tohka getting pissed at the puppet instead of the real person (=.=)lll
Either it was completely awkward or it was complete genius on Tohka's part that she was able to figure out that Yoshinon isn't exactly Yoshino!

Her action was so dumb that it was so brilliant!

And then comes the Tohkatantrum. LOL.
Old 2012-10-13, 10:50   Link #953
Riki
ランダム王

Quote:
Either it was completely awkward or it was complete genius on Tohka's part that she was able to figure out that Yoshinon isn't exactly Yoshino!

Her action was so dumb that it was so brilliant!

And then comes the Tohkatantrum. LOL.
and the best part it only gets better later on lol its like hearing a "girls that never fell in love talk" from other series lol. and the ending was just a heart attack.
Old 2012-10-13, 10:52   Link #954
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

That sly Tohka, pulling a fast one on Shidou before he even realized it. Heh.

But that doesn't come until after Tohkatantrum, Origami's Attempted Rape, Tohkatantrum round 2, then oniichan tenbatsu!
Old 2012-10-13, 10:54   Link #955
Riki
ランダム王

Quote:
That sly Tohka, pulling a fast one on Shidou before he even realized it. Heh.

But that doesn't come until after Tohkatantrum, Origami's Attempted Rape, Tohkatantrum round 2, then oniichan tenbatsu!
huh? i tot the reine girl talk is the next chapt? but one thing is for sure this whole volume all of Tohka's "determination" backfires until the very end.
Old 2012-10-13, 10:58   Link #956
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Quote:
huh? i tot the reine girl talk is the next chapt? but one thing is for sure this whole volume all of Tohka's "determination" backfires until the very end.
No no, oniichan tenbatsu is when Shidou made Kotori worry. Heh. You know, when he dove straight into Yoshino and suffered all those injuries.
Old 2012-10-13, 11:09   Link #957
Riki
ランダム王

Quote:
No no, oniichan tenbatsu is when Shidou made Kotori worry. Heh. You know, when he dove straight into Yoshino and suffered all those injuries.
not talking about that. im saying the lock room incident and the girl talk with reine and Tohka........while shidou goes on a affair with a loli hahaha! what a gigolo! not even a day passed and he went out flirting again lolx
Old 2012-10-13, 11:12   Link #958
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Quote:
not talking about that. im saying the lock room incident and the girl talk with reine and Tohka........while shidou goes on a affair with a loli hahaha! what a gigolo! not even a day passed and he went out flirting again lolx
Ah that. My bad. Yeah, that was funny, and even more hilarious as Tohka was baited out of her Tohkatantrum with the offer of food. Ha ha ha.
Old 2012-10-13, 11:17   Link #959
Riki
ランダム王

Quote:
Ah that. My bad. Yeah, that was funny, and even more hilarious as Tohka was baited out of her Tohkatantrum with the offer of food. Ha ha ha.
that tohka all right! wished shidou used that method instead. that'll fix her mood fast......i think? oh well to others that are probably reading this. Chapter 3 is mostly about Yoshinon so any Tohka lovers or any others will have to stay put.....well tohka appears a little but meh....this chapt aint dedicated to her

Edit: Okay todays spoiler marathon ends here! i dont wanna give out spoilers anymore lol! thatll lose the fun when translating
Old 2012-10-13, 14:16   Link #960
Miraluka
Banned

If there is good comparison for Tohka, that would be Astraea from Sora no Otoshimono. Both are funny bakas (and busty .
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, angelic spirits, antiheroine, comedy, drama, fake harem, fantasia bunko, harem, light novel, open ending, possible true harem, romance, science fiction, seinen, shounen, time travel, tragedy