AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2011-07-14, 10:03   Link #181
bahamut zero
miragecoordinator

http://www.siliconera.com/2011/07/13...tra-interview/
Old 2011-08-08, 14:46   Link #182
Nerroth
NePoi!

One of the guys on the Aksys boards discovered this; whether the price and release date are accurate or not, see if you notice anything about the preview pics...
Old 2011-09-05, 23:25   Link #183
Nerroth
NePoi!

As recently noted over on Beast's Lair:

Quote:
"Fate / EXTRA CCC" for PSP Spring 2012

Completely new RPG
Character Design: Takeuchi Takashi
Scenario: Nasu Kinoko

Saber (CV: Tange Sakura), and two mysterious girls

Regular Edition 6,279 yen
Limited Edition "TYPE-MOON Virgin White BOX" 10,479 yen
Luxury BOX,Saber Figma, clipart, Tange Sakura album song
The Japanese link is here.

EDIT: Now that I see who is in it, I think I will claim this as a de facto birthday present!

Last edited by Nerroth; 2011-09-05 at 23:53.
Nerroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-06, 16:21   Link #184
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerroth View Post
EDIT: Now that I see who is in it, I think I will claim this as a de facto birthday present!
It's supposed to be the same Saber that was in Extra, right? Why is she dressed similar to Saber Lily, now? I guess that plays into the whole "Virgin White Special Edition" thing? And then there's the two Mysterious girls, one of whom looks like an amalgam of Sakura and Rider.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-06, 21:11   Link #185
Nerroth
NePoi!

I'd imagine it is an excuse to create a new Figms to flog with the Japanese LE.

In this pic, you can see that it is the same Saber as in F/E. (Notice the swords.)

Also, the official site is up; though there's not much to it just yet...

Also, I was able to put a pre-order for Aksys' LE of F/E itself at one of the ebgames stores in Toronto; they have it on their system for about 55 dollars Canadian (pre-tax).

EDIT: From the Aksys thread, this; and from Beast's lair, this.

EDIT 2: Aaaaaand... more this.

EDIT 3: more info on a preorder page.

Last edited by Nerroth; 2011-09-07 at 23:42.
Old 2011-09-08, 09:37   Link #186
Nerroth
NePoi!

Official site is live; and is included under the jrpg.jp banner (alongside the likes of BRS: The Game and 7th Dragon 2020).

Spoiler for pics:

Last edited by Nerroth; 2011-09-08 at 11:13.
Old 2011-09-08, 13:11   Link #187
GDB

Wow, so those are some images. First thing that popped into my mind was this:

Spoiler for Space saver:
Old 2011-09-09, 14:15   Link #188
Nerroth
NePoi!

One of the guys on BL just posted this:

Quote:
Okay, lots of stuff popped up on Seasons of Change, it seems. Confirmed for "not a sequel", Nasu says to think of it more like a Sakura route for Extra. The three playable Servants from the last game (Saber, Archer, Caster) are the ones that you'll be using again in this one. They'll all have new costumes, though only Saber's is finalized and the other two are still in the design stages. You can choose whether you want to use the new costumes or the old ones, too. Tail Girl is one of the enemy Servants that appears. She's very clearly an antagonist, and if you had to compare her personality to another Type-Moon character it'd be Luvia.
Old 2011-09-12, 11:44   Link #189
Icy.Tear
二人は独自の世界を展開

I hope they nerfed Saber. It's been a while since I played it, but I remember that piercing special attack, (the name escapes me,) that you can use during 招き蕩う黄金劇場 (the Latin name escapes me,) was just massively imbalanced, especially with the minus defense that the reality marble gives.

このときに、この二人は独自の世界を展開・・・
Icy.Tear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-12, 18:21   Link #190
ZODDGUTS

This game has been announced for U.S.

Quote:
Fate/EXTRA Limited Edition Comes Packed With Extra Goodies!
Fate/EXTRA Will be Released in North America on 11/1/11

TORRANCE, Calif. – September 12, 2011 – Aksys Games, a publisher of interactive entertainment software, is proud to announce that Fate/EXTRA, the RPG based on the hit series Fate/stay night, will be coming to North America on 11/1/11! Developed by respected Japanese RPG developers Imageepoch and TYPE-MOON, Fate/EXTRA will be released for the PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) system in North America. An all new scenario that takes place in the wildly popular Fate/stay night universe, Fate/EXTRA features a cast of new characters and fan favorites, a unique, easy to understand battle system, and a grand story of destruction, absolution, and deep insight into what it truly means to be human.

The North American Limited Edition will include some of the same sought-after items bundled with the Japanese version such as the special 15-page Fate Visual Works art book and the 11 song Limited Soundtrack. Fate/EXTRA will be released with an MSRP of $39.99 for the Limited Edition, $29.99 for the retail standard edition, and $24.99 for the PlayStation®Network download version.

(Read the rest of the press release after the break!)

Fate/EXTRA Story Elements:

Waking up in a strange virtual world with no recollection of the past, the main character finds themselves forced to fight for survival in a war they do not understand for a prize beyond value; the opportunity to have one’s wish granted. With only an enigmatic “Servant” by their side, the protagonist will have to face both friends and foes in battles to the death in order to not only gain possession of a mysterious object known as the “Holy Grail,” but also to find the answer to the most important question of all: “Who am I?”

Fate/EXTRA Key Features:

* Intuitive, Fast-paced Battle System: Using Break, Attack, and Guard abilities in combination with powerful Special Moves and Code Casts, players are required to plan out their attacks to effectively counter their opponent’s moves and emerge victorious from potentially deadly encounters.

* Engrossing Story: Written by the creator of the original Fate series of PC games, Kinoko Nasu, the story of Fate/EXTRA will not only appeal to long time fans of the Fate universe, via the inclusion of many familiar characters, but will also appeal to RPG fans looking for a deep, non-formulaic storyline that delves into such mature themes as loyalty, death, love, and what it means to be human.

* Extensive replay value: Multiple story paths, each with their own unique dialog trees and character interactions that lead to different endings.

Cover for the Limited Edition art book/CD Soundtrack Booklet below!

http://www.aksysgames.com/2011/09/12...mited-edition/
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-12, 18:33   Link #191
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZODDGUTS View Post
This game has been announced for U.S.

http://www.aksysgames.com/2011/09/12...mited-edition/
Game was announced months ago. Just glad we finally have an official date and info on the limited edition.
Old 2011-09-28, 11:41   Link #192
Nerroth
NePoi!

There have been a few updates of note for those here in Canada looking forward to the game; the standard edition of the game is now listed properly (and at the right price), the LE's price has been adjusted, and pre-orders for both versions will now come with the Fate/the Fact booklet too!
Old 2011-09-29, 14:04   Link #193
Nerroth
NePoi!

As noted on the Japanese blog, volume 1 of the F/E manga should be out by now:

Old 2011-10-06, 20:20   Link #194
Twi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy.Tear View Post
I hope they nerfed Saber. It's been a while since I played it, but I remember that piercing special attack, (the name escapes me,) that you can use during 招き蕩う黄金劇場 (the Latin name escapes me,) was just massively imbalanced, especially with the minus defense that the reality marble gives.
Saber was supposed to be a tank, to make the game with her easy. Caster was basically Hard mode. I'm interested in Fate Extra CCC though. I bet it's far darker than Extra was.

Spoiler for Picture:

I think the manga will be interesting.
Old 2011-10-08, 00:42   Link #195
Nerroth
NePoi!

Part 1 of Siliconera's Q&A with Aksys about F/E the first.
Old 2011-10-08, 10:06   Link #196
GDB

Quote:
Part 1 of Siliconera's Q&A with Aksys about F/E the first.
Gotta say, those were some pretty shitty questions. Most of them could be answered with the tiniest bit of research or asking anyone who played the Japanese version, so why would they waste actual questions to the localizers on them?

Really, only the third question was any good, and only because they talked about localization and such.
Old 2011-10-08, 18:42   Link #197
Nerroth
NePoi!

Part 2 is also up.
Old 2011-10-08, 19:07   Link #198
GDB

Quote:
Part 2 is also up.

Making comments as I read the interview:

Much better questions than part 1. Especially loved the first one, since it seems to confirm the standard translations for things instead of literal translations, which I was worried about.

Well, it was better, until the second question. Wtf kind of question is that? That's worse than anything in part 1. Whoever submitted that should be ashamed, and whoever vetted it should be removed from their position.

Third question was almost as bad as the second. Wtf is this shit? And that's the last question? Did they seriously only get like 9 questions? That's the only excuse I can see for those last two being questions.
Old 2011-10-26, 01:27   Link #199
Nerroth
NePoi!

Aksys have an official website up for F/E; looks like it's drawing heavily from the influence of the Japanese original.
Old 2011-10-31, 15:57   Link #200
Nerroth
NePoi!

Siliconera have a playtest up for the English version.

Just one day to go!

Tags
ps vita, psp