AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-12-29, 07:02   Link #11581
RedKey
天界の異端審問官

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izayoi View Post
I love that it is so fresh
I see what you did there.
As a reminder, no chapter next week because WSJ is on holiday hiatus
RedKey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-29, 08:44   Link #11582
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Kurosu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iby View Post
I wanted to ask if the fact that MB is here actually means anything?
I wouldn't look too much into it.
Kurosu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-29, 10:29   Link #11583
summers

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedKey View Post
Them an their holiday's. Why cant they make chapters twice as long in prep for it.
summers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-29, 10:38   Link #11584
[HearT]

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedKey View Post
and iirc it's also on break the week after that, hahah~ sucks to be us~
Old 2012-12-29, 11:52   Link #11585
Thth
???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurosu View Post
It was recently just mentioned, but yeah, if Fukurou has all of the styles, shouldn't he also have Kakegae's?
Meaning, he probably isn't finished yet. It would explain him "getting killed" by the Ge'Hyoukai.
There is also Kotobuki's style (that age reduction style).
2 styles which could negate Fukurou's current death even at the hands of the irreversible destroyer were introduced just before his death...hmmm

I hope he is not dead yet but I am not really expecting anything...
Thth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-29, 15:16   Link #11586
Guernsey
The GAP Man

Send a message via AIM to Guernsey Send a message via MSN to Guernsey Send a message via Yahoo to Guernsey
Its a Nishio work even the most 'invincible' characters can die even when they are killed except when he needs them back though.
Old 2012-12-29, 23:46   Link #11587
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Come back from reading the raw... and just where did it say Bami is the strongest of the Academy?
Translation error again? It seems we are getting a lot of those recently on small details like this.
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-30, 04:37   Link #11588
summers

Quote:
Why is hunter x hunter in their? That manga might as well be cancelled, if it ever goes of break it will put out 10 chapters at most then go back on break for a year.
summers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-30, 05:48   Link #11589
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by summers View Post
Why is hunter x hunter in their? That manga might as well be cancelled, if it ever goes of break it will put out 10 chapters at most then go back on break for a year.
According to rumors the author has health issues but agreed to put out around 10 chapters a year.

I'm not sure how true this is but this kind of deal wouldn't surprise me considering the author and the series popularity, which even despite the several hiatus manages to stay pretty strong.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-30, 08:14   Link #11590
Iby
minority spirit(?)
*Fansubber

Send a message via ICQ to Iby
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurosu View Post
I wouldn't look too much into it.
What I was trying to say is that the fact it's there with other famous or very famous characters may mean that it's already quite established and won't be cut because of ratings or such.
Iby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-30, 16:51   Link #11591
RedKey
天界の異端審問官

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
Come back from reading the raw... and just where did it say Bami is the strongest of the Academy?
Translation error again? It seems we are getting a lot of those recently on small details like this.
これらを組み合わせた『鴎システム』を使う彼は箱庭学園でも 屈指の実力者である!

Please explain why translating 屈指の実力者 as strongest one would be an error.
RedKey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-31, 01:29   Link #11592
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnEmperor View Post
@Westlo Honestly....if it can wrap up the story then fine.
Exactly, it's fine since it will get a decent conclusion of sorts and won't get bent over like Mx0 and Mago, though the latter was such a good seller in its prime it was given extra chapters in Jump Next.

But people act like this is coming to an end because it is, fuck no, Nisio could write another 200 chapters with ease if he wanted too, do you guys see how much shit he has put out for his main LN series? Bakemonogatari was suppose to end like twice already before coming to its, for now "ending".

Ask yourself this, if Medaka Box had the manga and anime sales of Kuroko would it be finishing up right now? If you say yes you're lying and/or deluded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurusu-Shirudo View Post
No, it's not, and even less now we are at the more than likely final arc of the story. And stop trying to convince yourself it's Zen's fault.
Which character has had his screen time increased as much during the decline of Medaka Box? The peak of MB didn't even had Zen in the story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurusu-Shirudo View Post
Geez... some people just never learn, do they? It reminds me of the old days.
Lol it's nothing like the old days, everything Ushio the Omega said is true, learn to look @ things unbiased and you would see that.

Anime is over = true
Anime flopped = true
Bottom 3 for the last 6 weeks = true
Lowest seller of the titles older then 18 months = true if Kurogane isn't 18 months or older.
Clear out deadwood to give new manga a chance = true, why do you think Shaman King, Mago, Psyren, Mx0 etc got canned?

It would be the height of stupidity to give up on the chance of having another Assassination Classroom (biggest hit since Death Note for WSJ) for a manga that is stuck in limbo.

Quote:
Not really, I mean Reborn is in that pic and that manga is now finished, + MB does have an anime airing and has stuff to push. Here's the previous pic of that

So more than likely depending on when it gets updated Reborn + Medaka Box out and Assassination Classroom, Nisekoi and Hq!! in.

Quote:
What I was trying to say is that the fact it's there with other famous or very famous characters may mean that it's already quite established and won't be cut because of ratings or such.
See the above image I posted with Nura from Nurarihyon No Mago in it, was a better anime and manga seller then Medaka Box, didn't help it much...

Quote:
Originally Posted by summers View Post
Because 1 volume of HxH outsells like 7 of Medaka Box's? HxH is the third best selling manga by Shueisha have behind One Piece and Naruto... or maybe Kimi ni Todoke is 3rd, whatever it's top 4. (Ao no Exorcist is probably 5th)
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-31, 06:42   Link #11593
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Man Westlo...why you gotta remind me of Mx0...now you got me all depressed and pissed.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-31, 07:43   Link #11594
Homura7

Bah, it's useless to talk with the naysayers. No need to waste more of my saliva with that shit.
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-31, 07:55   Link #11595
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

Bah just put him in your ignore list. He's jut repeating the same ething again and again.
Old 2012-12-31, 08:16   Link #11596
Homura7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusa-San View Post
Bah just put him in your ignore list. He's jut repeating the same ething again and again.
It's tiresome, I know, but doing this wouldn't be fair. My ignore list is reserved only for trolls.

Time will tell if it gets canned. If not, all the better (there's plenty of cushions under).
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-31, 08:51   Link #11597
Iby
minority spirit(?)
*Fansubber

Send a message via ICQ to Iby
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Not really, I mean Reborn is in that pic and that manga is now finished, + MB does have an anime airing and has stuff to push. Here's the previous pic of that

So more than likely depending on when it gets updated Reborn + Medaka Box out and Assassination Classroom, Nisekoi and Hq!! in.
Hmm, now that I see that they've replaced Bakuman and Nura you may be right about that... what's Hq!! by the way?
udp. Ah, it's Haikyuu!!, right. I'm not reading or watching spokon things so I've forgot what it was.
Iby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-31, 14:57   Link #11598
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Back to the Manga at hand...
is anyone else thinking that Anshin'ins death is... suspicious?
I remember her saying she is immortal, while this part could be explained by the hero's ability there is another strange thing - the meeting with Kumagawa.

Her Kick: Could really be explained like this, even I knew he'd look under her skirt

Getting angry: She got pretty angry at him because he continued to talk to her, even though she claimed that she couldn't hear him. This went a bit over the part she could anticipate tbh.

Shooting the Looser star:
She said she herself was a recording - so how could she look for the looser star, or give him something?. being a recording would mean the Looser star would have been crushed by her a while ago.

Troll:
How to troll better than making everyone believeing to be dead and comming back when they stand before her grave?

So I somehow have the feeling we will see her again. 15 seconds was... too easy.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-31, 15:32   Link #11599
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
Back to the Manga at hand...
is anyone else thinking that Anshin'ins death is... suspicious?
I remember her saying she is immortal, while this part could be explained by the hero's ability there is another strange thing - the meeting with Kumagawa.

Her Kick: Could really be explained like this, even I knew he'd look under her skirt

Getting angry: She got pretty angry at him because he continued to talk to her, even though she claimed that she couldn't hear him. This went a bit over the part she could anticipate tbh.

Shooting the Looser star:
She said she herself was a recording - so how could she look for the looser star, or give him something?. being a recording would mean the Looser star would have been crushed by her a while ago.

Troll:
How to troll better than making everyone believeing to be dead and comming back when they stand before her grave?

So I somehow have the feeling we will see her again. 15 seconds was... too easy.
She's omniscient (when she wants to be) so she could easily predict which star he'd point at or exactly what he would say. That's well within the powers we know she has. It seems quite... naive to think that what she did as a recording could be used as evidence of anything in particular. It also makes the scene way funnier, which is also important.

That said, I wouldn't be too surprised if she comes back. I think it depends mostly on Nisio's mood.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-31, 19:28   Link #11600
Last Carpet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
That said, I wouldn't be too surprised if she comes back. I think it depends mostly on Nisio's mood.
I expect her to go the way of Kenny from South Park.

Dead for a while and the just show up out of the blue. And everyone's like

"Oh hey, we were wondering when you'd come back. What took you so long?"
Last Carpet is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, harem, nishio, romance, shounen, student council