AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-07-11, 22:53   Link #21
Lamar
Ippiki Ookami

Wonder what's going to happen after he beats all the delinquents? After he loses a few fights and beat all the delinquents then what? Aliens come to Earth and try to take over, and he calls for help from all the former delinquents or at least those he beat himself and fend off the Aliens? Just wondering cause i can't picture this lasting that long, and i don't like reading a manga where i can't see it going no where, kinda ruins the mood, and i don't wanna throw off a new one before it gets to the good stuff.

Kind of like i did with Kurohime, they killed off my fave character (Zero) and then she went on some quest thingy to bring him back to life but she'd lose her memories of him. I saw that going no where, ruined the mood to read anymore and i completely stopped. If someone has read and i'm wrong please let meh know.

But anyway, yeah. Don't really plann on dropping this. (Still madd about Lock-on's cancellation)
Old 2010-07-11, 23:22   Link #22
al103
Grumpy Russian bear

Send a message via ICQ to al103
Liked one-shot. Hated first two chapters. One-shot was funny exactly because it's serious-ish take on things, but in 1st chapter it became so over the top that it's not funny. And too many gag face expressions, which breaks mood. In one-shot hero was cool and awesome, in first two chapters just meh. I start to think that it's under editor that Bakuman Miura is expy of...

PS. Also Nanoha/job, Honor/job and Rein/Agito.
PPS. Proud Athrun/Cagalli/Meyrin shipper.
Old 2010-07-11, 23:33   Link #23
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamar View Post
Kind of like i did with Kurohime, they killed off my fave character (Zero) and then she went on some quest thingy to bring him back to life but she'd lose her memories of him. I saw that going no where, ruined the mood to read anymore and i completely stopped. If someone has read and i'm wrong please let meh know.
Ironically, I finally started reading that manga early this morning. 50 chapters of 40 pgs is freaking awesome, I've been reading it all day =03. But ya, I'd say continue reading it. Without spoiling too much, they get into his backstory. It's quite interesting to me.
Old 2010-07-12, 01:57   Link #24
Lamar
Ippiki Ookami

Quote:
Originally Posted by al103 View Post
Liked one-shot. Hated first two chapters. One-shot was funny exactly because it's serious-ish take on things, but in 1st chapter it became so over the top that it's not funny. And too many gag face expressions, which breaks mood. In one-shot hero was cool and awesome, in first two chapters just meh. I start to think that it's under editor that Bakuman Miura is expy of...
I 100% agree. Only thing i didn't like was the scythe, i like the new weapon that guy has better. But the drawings are better. And as, whoever it was, asked/said before, Where exactly did that hardhat come from? Did he forsee that fight he was going to have and he summoned it out of thin are? Like those cartoons where things just come out of no where.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
Ironically, I finally started reading that manga early this morning. 50 chapters of 40 pgs is freaking awesome, I've been reading it all day =03. But ya, I'd say continue reading it. Without spoiling too much, they get into his backstory. It's quite interesting to me.
If Zero comes back into the story, is a main character i will, and is "with" Kurokami i will. They don't have to have that romantic vibe thingy they had going on, just that he's at least there fighting and traveling with her. That Arc where he died was awesome up until the point he died. i was like "WTF another manga i see i'm going to have to drop". but no one has told meh if he's back in yet.
Old 2010-07-13, 19:57   Link #25
lightbringer
M9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by al103 View Post
I start to think that it's under editor that Bakuman Miura is expy of...
The first two chapters totally give off the "adding more jokes" trainwreck cancellation vibe. After trying to sell the protagonist as "intellectual", it's quite disappointing that he turns out to be a complete moron. The supporting cast isn't any better, either.
Old 2010-07-13, 22:41   Link #26
Lamar
Ippiki Ookami

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightbringer View Post
The first two chapters totally give off the "adding more jokes" trainwreck cancellation vibe. After trying to sell the protagonist as "intellectual", it's quite disappointing that he turns out to be a complete moron. The supporting cast isn't any better, either.
Well after changing stuff from the oneshot they basically screwed up everything tbh. I was looking forward to this series when i heard about the oneshot, then rushed to read it.
Old 2010-07-14, 00:55   Link #27
Johnny
Working the bags...

When they switched the NASA thing to the alien bit. It dropped several notches in my book already. That just makes him look like a complete nutjob...
Old 2010-07-20, 19:32   Link #28
frubam
simp for Lyria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iren View Post
Honestly while the manga says he's "calculating" all his fights I don't really buy it. Seems like it's just an excuse for him to beat people up with super saiyan hits "because he's calculating the perfect ratio of blahblah to blahblah." He comes off to me like your averaged short-fused golden-hearted delinquent guy much more than a genuine so-haxx-the-world-gets-pwn'd kind of nerd.

Too bad. Actually using clever tactics to compensate (like in Mx0 for example) would have been so much cooler than this boring WSJ beat 'em up, though also much harder to write I guess.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightbringer View Post
I wasn't too sure about that til this last chap(3). Now I completely agree with you both. He's not even TRYING to avoid fighting anymore, by directly provoking another delinquent, esp after Mettuar boy told him that the guys a fighting maniac. He really is a freakin' idiot, and not in a good way . Not even more Hasu in this chap couldn't win me over his stupidity. I'll prob keep reading it, but like I said before, I don't foresee it getting past 20 chaps. It'll prob end up a Reborn clone anyway =0\.
Old 2010-07-20, 20:27   Link #29
Lamar
Ippiki Ookami

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
I wasn't too sure about that til this last chap(3). Now I completely agree with you both. He's not even TRYING to avoid fighting anymore, by directly provoking another delinquent, esp after Mettuar boy told him that the guys a fighting maniac. He really is a freakin' idiot, and not in a good way . Not even more Hasu in this chap couldn't win me over his stupidity. I'll prob keep reading it, but like I said before, I don't foresee it getting past 20 chaps. It'll prob end up a Reborn clone anyway =0\.
Well i don't see it really going like reborn, i only don't like the fact that the never told the story of how reborn became like that, unless i missed it. And how this current arc wennt, i stopped after Lambo opened the window and the letter fell in the trashcan or whatever. And then, everything is about rings, i mean get something else...

But as for a SWOT is, it's much much worse. I don't usually read oneshots, but i have lately, and this is the only time i've read a oneshot that got serialized and the oneshot is much better. But yeah, i don't even see it hitting 20 chapters. i'd rather see a much more rushed ending, but i have to admit i do like Haruno. Only the 2nd thing i like about this manga. But i'll keep reading it, i've already started. (I miss my Lock-On)
Old 2010-07-20, 21:02   Link #30
notme
団長

Quote:

Spoiler for Kurohime:
Old 2010-07-20, 23:03   Link #31
Lamar
Ippiki Ookami

Quote:
Originally Posted by notme View Post
Spoiler for Kurohime:
Spoiler for Kuro:
Old 2010-07-21, 00:00   Link #32
jzmagic
flargansbog

I like it so far, it's pretty funny. Look forward to seeing more
Old 2010-07-21, 00:26   Link #33
Lamar
Ippiki Ookami

Quote:
Originally Posted by jzmagic View Post
I like it so far, it's pretty funny. Look forward to seeing more
If you don't mind meh asking, what's funny about it? And did you read the Oneshot?
Old 2010-07-21, 01:00   Link #34
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Quote:
I agree, i liked the Oneshot way better though. Only thing i didn't like what that guys Weapon (Scythe thingy). I don't like how it was changed from NASA to UFO's, and how it was changed from him calculating stuff, to him being able to fight aliens when they come. With that being said i'm going to keep reading, but i do see this staying at the bottom and getting the bucket.
Never read the One Shot. I just know I don't care for the characters at all. The girl doesn't seem to have much of a personality, the main dude is just an overpowered jerk that I can't stand and the other guy, I liked at first, but quickly became annoying with all his "Boss, boss, boss!!" crap.

So, if I can't get into the cast, I can't enjoy the series. Still can't believe this is what replaced Lock On. It'll probably go the same route.
Old 2010-07-21, 01:08   Link #35
Lamar
Ippiki Ookami

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLGChaos View Post
Never read the One Shot. I just know I don't care for the characters at all. The girl doesn't seem to have much of a personality, the main dude is just an overpowered jerk that I can't stand and the other guy, I liked at first, but quickly became annoying with all his "Boss, boss, boss!!" crap.

So, if I can't get into the cast, I can't enjoy the series. Still can't believe this is what replaced Lock On. It'll probably go the same route.
Read the Oneshot, you might like it. But yeah i can't believe it replaced it also. Lol "overpowered jerk" i agree, he gets a tiny butt kicking then he wins. "I thought you were a really nice guy, seems like i misjudged you" That line right there ruined the rest of the chapter for meh. Sounds like something you'd put in a chick flick. Time to go reread some One Piece.
Old 2010-07-21, 03:52   Link #36
ShiroiRyu

How can you compare Kurohimé and that ? XD
The artwork of Swot is really ugly ... And i disliked already when i saw that remplace Lock-on!. :/
Old 2010-07-21, 13:38   Link #37
Lamar
Ippiki Ookami

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiroiRyu View Post
How can you compare Kurohimé and that ? XD
The artwork of Swot is really ugly ... And i disliked already when i saw that remplace Lock-on!. :/
I find it's at its worse when the faces are drawn smaller. They have liked this box liked face i think. I just can't wait to see what replaces this. I can't believe i was impatient for this one after i read the oneshot.
Old 2010-07-24, 14:13   Link #38
Lamar
Ippiki Ookami

Wow at chapter 4, he tried to put the calculations part back into it. And why do they even let people in school with weapons, even if it's a school with delinquents.
Old 2010-08-22, 04:17   Link #39
frubam
simp for Lyria

We're suppressing chars with reiatsu/auras now!? Already? I'm not even gonna talk about it. Rather waste words telling people I'm NOT talking about it than simply talk about it. This manga has completely fallen into the typical shounen pit of crap.
Old 2010-08-22, 05:37   Link #40
Johnny
Working the bags...

I think it's funny that all these super baddies are just first years or freshman if you will. Hell the one new villain looks like he is in his twenties. I can only imagine what the second and third years will be like. They must be away training at Mount Olympus at the moment...
Closed Thread

Tags
action, comedy, romance, school life, shounen