AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Guilty Crown

Notices

Old 2011-12-08, 22:51   Link #3021
SoFarGone
H.A.M.

Episode with little Gai and Inori equals good episode.
Old 2011-12-08, 23:08   Link #3022
tsunade666

simply the best episode yet. From the sweet school life into finding the friend that betrayed you and finally into killing the very person you want to protect.
Old 2011-12-08, 23:08   Link #3023
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

What is going to happen to Hare since she knows Shu secret now
Old 2011-12-08, 23:25   Link #3024
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master_Yoma View Post
What is going to happen to Hare since she knows Shu secret now
I actualy fear for her life,the staff sure have made efforts to make her likeable...
Old 2011-12-08, 23:43   Link #3025
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Guilty Crown is one funky anime. I absolutely loved its first couple of episodes, and thought they represented the start of a great sci-fi, action-packed, epic story. Then, flaws and weaknesses in the series increasingly became more and more pronounced on a week-by-week basis, to the point where I could only enjoy it through viewing it as a campy show.

Just when I had pretty much given up on compelling character drama, we get to see a fair bit of that last week (and a helluva lot more this week).

And now, when I had pretty much given up on getting a compelling suspenseful plot, Guilty Crown manages to deliver one in this week's episode. I have to agree with those who felt that Episode 9 was a really good episode, and possibly the best one of the series thus far.

Shu has shown nice, solid character development in this episode and the last, and Hare's reaction to how he's changed has also been engaging to watch. The dynamics between the two was excellent this week.

The BGM was noticeably gripping and top-notch this week, particularly for certain key scenes. And just when the viewer was growing comfortable with "the new Shu", Shu gets thrown a massive curveball in having to either kill someone or watch another person get killed. Very poignant moment of moral conflict, and I look forward to seeing how Shu tries to overcome the psychological trauma this has clearly inflicted on him.

I'll be pretty shocked if Guilty Crown can keep up the level of dramatic storytelling quality and character development shown in Episode 9, but I'd also love nothing better than to see that happen.

9/10 for Episode 9. I honestly have no significant complaints to make with it, and I thoroughly enjoyed watching it.
Old 2011-12-09, 00:08   Link #3026
dark998

Really good episode, the best part was that Shu has evolved so nicely as protagonist that he can carry the weight of the story without Gai or Inori close to back him up. The scenes with the Apocalypse-infected Endlave and the Lost Christmas flahsbacks were quite impressive, as it was the decisive moment when Jun's life string gets severed by the scissors void.

And talking about Inori, I have serious withdrawal symptoms because her screentime was low this week (only a short but interesting scene). Next episode better fix that.
dark998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-09, 00:11   Link #3027
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Who wrote ep 9?
Old 2011-12-09, 00:23   Link #3028
Aesthetic Shampoo

Ooh, sounds like i can start to catch up now. *Hasn't watched since episode 1*
Aesthetic Shampoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-09, 00:40   Link #3029
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Who wrote ep 9?
My flower, it is Ookouchi Ichirou who wrote it.
shmaster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-09, 00:49   Link #3030
djmaca
My Girl ↓

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
Impressive resume! Eureka Seven, Code Geass 1 and 2 and Angelic Layer. No wonder this episode turned out so well. I say have him permanently write everything from now on.
djmaca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-09, 01:08   Link #3031
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakkou View Post
I think Segai's started with any device they use that could potentially capture a clear image of Shu in battle so that he won't end up on their wanted list again. That way he can continue stalking him in his natural habitat, cause I don't think Segai finds watching Shu in a cell anywhere as interesting as when he's busting out voids or in the shower.
That explanation could potentially work for any record done previously, but it is sort of hard to believe that Segai would keep his word of the deal to that extent. Especially that such "glitch" would really attract tons of attention and interrogations from GHQ officiers and soldiers.
Old 2011-12-09, 01:42   Link #3032
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
As he apparently did episode 7. This ep was directed and storyboarded by Yonebayashi Taku, a director whose only other directing credits on ANN are for one episode each of the two seasons of Kimi ni Todoke, and for co-direction of ep3 of this show. I continue to see little hints of shoujo here and there. Maybe in the brotherly love, and the complexity of the brothers' feelings, in ep9.

I enjoyed this ep, as others have. But I have enjoyed every ep, so that's nothing new. Lots of great characters here, at least if you're not turned off by quibble-worthy plot details, etc. I love Segai. His "don't feel guilty, you're human" was a classic. As was the truly horrendous act it accompanied. Pardon me for enjoying these transgressions. I'm only human, lol. My theory is that fantasy is where you get to enjoy evil acts so that you won't indulge in them in real life. By making them conscious in fantasy, you avoid letting them subconsciously take you over in real life. Jung's concept of the Shadow.

Shu's unstable character growth is interesting. Hare, as usual, is so easy to sympathize with. Someone in this thread saw the death flag for her long ago. Looks like he was right. I find Inori the most interesting, or at least mysterious, character of all. I would prefer to have seen more of her in this episode, but there was plenty to keep me glued to the screen anyway.

The highly positive ratings by ANN members please me. But the fact that I usually disagree with ratings there makes me uneasy, lol.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-09, 02:37   Link #3033
dresden

Thought it was a pretty bad episode. I did enjoy the nun getting a pistol shoved into her mouth.
dresden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-09, 03:42   Link #3034
Zavie

Am I the only one that hating this episode?

Spoiler for Rants...:

Don't get me wrong, I will continue to watch this and hoping that characters somehow will get better with some real developments. I still have a lot of expectation for the plot and I want to see how this will end.
Zavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-09, 04:15   Link #3035
kimpleng
Lurker

Today episode like trying to show how confident Shu is, then throw in massive confusion. Remember when he talk with Gai in the phone, scene after OP song. Then in final scene he really scared with what he have done to Jun, after he promising -bla-bla-bla- to Yahiro.

I my self not really enjoying this episode but because this Apocalypse virus behave differently, I'll still watching until the end. Really need explanation on this virus. High probability virus from outer space.
What kind of virus that could infected living organism then infected a machine.
kimpleng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-09, 04:26   Link #3036
djmaca
My Girl ↓

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimpleng View Post
What kind of virus that could infected living organism then infected a machine.
If say a biological virus has the composition that generates small charges of electricity that, in the language of binary (1 and 0), could produce a virtual double of itself as a code of 1s and 0s that affect inorganic material that are sensitive enough to respond to electric signals, it could work.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coding_...ic_acid_design

Just something to think about....
djmaca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-09, 07:15   Link #3037
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Well I'll be damned. A good Guilty Crown episode. Even Shu was likable this time around. He's become a lot more confident and brave under Gai's tutelage. The old Shu would have just made that awkward puppy face when Yashiro asked for his help and told him that had nothing to do with him before proceeding to cry in a corner and whine about how nobody likes him. I'm afraid what happened at the end of the episode will reverse the development he's undergone though... but there is also a chance it will strengthen his will once he gets over it. In any case, I expect he'll go into an emo phase next week, which would be pretty understandable given what he just went through. I'm hoping Hare will be the one who will help him overcome it.

Last edited by Klashikari; 2011-12-09 at 18:20.
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-09, 07:20   Link #3038
pinoscotto

the op suggest that hare will be important as a void (probably for another king power user) so she will not die soon
pinoscotto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-09, 07:53   Link #3039
endarion88

lol probably i'm the only one who was appy to not see gai and inori
endarion88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-09, 08:24   Link #3040
j0x
Giga Drill Breaker

episode 9 was good now their is a strong implication that Gai has that void disease since Yahiro's brother can see voids (same ability of Gai) as a side effect of that void disease
j0x is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, noitamina, production_ig