*Author

Hm.. k-on with no guitars? bad sign!
Old 2009-11-18, 15:11   Link #42
Nina.Wolken
~~N/F~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats View Post
Hm.. k-on with no guitars? bad sign!
Well, they do have other kinds of instruments thought .

After I looked at the cast & watched the trailer a couple of times, I can say that I'm really intrigued. The winter seasons doesn't seem too promising to me, but So Ra No Wo To is gonna be a must check/watch.
Old 2009-11-18, 16:59   Link #43
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nina.Wolken View Post
Well, they do have other kinds of instruments thought .
They better get power-up to "jazz band" at some point then.
Old 2009-12-06, 02:29   Link #44
FJ-Kowz

New CM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jIk_...layer_embedded

Hikari no Senritsu <3
FJ-Kowz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-06, 16:53   Link #45
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

I'm still waiting for an explanation about the lack of men in the CM.

A town of women only.... Is this a yuri title?

I can see why people started thinking Strike Witches mixed with K-On! .
Old 2009-12-06, 17:07   Link #46
Xion Valkyrie

Isn't this A-1 Pictures? So it's definitely Kannagi's artstyle as opposed to K-On's. Although they both look pretty similar.
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-06, 17:14   Link #47
orion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie View Post
Isn't this A-1 Pictures? So it's definitely Kannagi's artstyle as opposed to K-On's. Although they both look pretty similar.
But Mugi's there.
Old 2009-12-06, 17:30   Link #48
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

0:12-0:14 - There are males.

Quote:
The story of the anime is set in the future on a land that, after being devastated by long-lasting wars, has settled into quiet decline. Model and actress Juri Aikawa will play Kanata Kumika, a 15-year-old girl who fulfills her dream of enlisting in the army and joins a unit of five girls who protect a fortress. The girls also play music that reverberate across the skies over towns without people and seas without fish.

So-Ra-No-Wo-To will premiere on TV Tokyo on January 4 as the first release in Anime no Chikara (The Strength of Anime), a joint project of TV Tokyo's new anime department and Aniplex. The two companies is assembling "spirited" creators to develop original animated stories into a television series.
It doesn't seem like the smile/yuri-fest those two aforementioned series are. This looks a lot more sombre. And if this is the first title of a project designed to promote original anime, I hope it does well.
Old 2009-12-07, 02:08   Link #49
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie View Post
It's a bit of a mix of the two, still you're going to have people saying it's K-oN's art style because it was super popular even before K-ON aired half the people in the thread thought A-1 was animating K-ON since the art style was like Kannagi's... A-1 did that sketchy style look way before KyoAni did too lol.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-07, 03:11   Link #50
ZODDGUTS

I'm fine with this style as long they use it like they did in Kannagi. Don't need it to used like it did in K-On were every damn scene was having the girls look as moe as possible. In another words hope this series doesn't have the whole moe thing to drive the series hopefully it's more than just that. Kannagi did it right.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-07, 07:37   Link #51
Kakkou
Tch.

Okay, after the trailer I'm watching the first episode solely for Kalafina. Also helps that my initial feelings of despise for the art style calmed down and allowed me to see the show as something besides "more damned K-ON! girls". I'll be damned if the girls start sipping tea and eating cake while having pointless chatter though.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-07, 21:10   Link #52
orion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakkou View Post
Okay, after the trailer I'm watching the first episode solely for Kalafina. Also helps that my initial feelings of despise for the art style calmed down and allowed me to see the show as something besides "more damned K-ON! girls". I'll be damned if the girls start sipping tea and eating cake while having pointless chatter though.
Well they don't exactly look like the type that's going to pull out a submachine gun and kill enemy troops either.

What's the girl gonna do? Blow out a few ear drums and hope they die by staggering off a cliff.
Old 2009-12-07, 21:17   Link #53
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Kurosu
Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Well they don't exactly look like the type that's going to pull out a submachine gun and kill enemy troops either.

What's the girl gonna do? Blow out a few ear drums and hope they die by staggering off a cliff.
No, they'll pull a Macross and attempt to end the war with music.
Kurosu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-09, 01:30   Link #54
OkamiNoKaze

This will be on my list to watch for this winter. It looks fun. And if it's anything like the shows it resembles, fun things are fun.
Old 2009-12-09, 02:40   Link #55
Nina.Wolken
~~N/F~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Since we have seen anime where drawing certain paterns in the sky would kill an entire enemy faction, I don't think I would be surprised by anything they could come with.
My guess (and that's really just that) is that the girls will have to produce specific melodies, each having specific effects, one of which might be to kill the person in front of you in one go .
And then they will have to play together to produce stronger "spells" and such. I would like it actually if it end up to be like that .

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion
But Mugi's there.
She put on her glasses to deceive us though >.>''.
Old 2009-12-09, 12:09   Link #56
Raiga
tl;dr

I was kinda assuming they were just the army band. You know, like the people who played the flute and snare drum and bugle in the older style of war, back when big armies would actually march across large tracts of land, before there were missiles and tanks and all. With what appears to be an anachronistic/post-apocalyptic setting, I wouldn't be surprised.
Old 2009-12-09, 12:36   Link #57
Midonin
Last Engage

Finally got a title for the ED theme. It's been confirmed as "Girls, Be Ambitious.", sung by Haruka Tomatsu.

While Tomatsu doesn't have a role in the anime yet, I wouldn't be surprised if she gets to play at least a one-episode character.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-09, 15:17   Link #58
billborden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiga View Post
I was kinda assuming they were just the army band. You know, like the people who played the flute and snare drum and bugle in the older style of war, back when big armies would actually march across large tracts of land, before there were missiles and tanks and all. With what appears to be an anachronistic/post-apocalyptic setting, I wouldn't be surprised.
Oh good, that was what I understood as well; I was beginning to think that I had missed something . This is definitely on my list, so we'll see how it actually plays out.
Old 2009-12-09, 16:52   Link #59
Nina.Wolken
~~N/F~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiga View Post
Well, that may be exactly like you say. It's even far more likely than what I wrote earlier.
It's just that I would like to see them fight (since they are part of the army, I expect them to do so at some level), but not in the traditional way : guns and stuff. I would rather have them use their music for that. I think that might be an original and interesting way to fight or simply push back the attacker.

Now looking at the "Story" page on the official website (which I didn't look at before ): 「軍人さんになれば、トランペットが吹けるんだ!」-> you're more than certainly right Raiga .
Old 2009-12-09, 22:17   Link #60
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
i hope there's a moe dance in this series
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, drama, music, seinen, slice of life