4 out of 10 : Poor 1 3.03%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2014-01-13, 15:30   Link #41
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Wouldve been nice to see someone use METEOR in the race.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-13, 16:26   Link #42
Algent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
Wouldve been nice to see someone use METEOR in the race.
I wonder if painting your gundam in red would work.
Algent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-13, 19:14   Link #43
Skye629

Review:

- OP and ED far exceeded my expectations, which I was worried about the first ones were amazing, these ones are just as good imo
- SBS is hax in the race setting, they simply had to cheat in a loss, otherwise it would have been no fun
- Obligatory anime tentacle scene
- Ral is....35? LOL
- A hired guy who actually succeeded in his mission, I'll give him that much lol
- Ral vs. C xD
- Love all the MS cameos

Things are only gonna get better from here

9/10
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-13, 19:21   Link #44
Galaxian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundamx View Post
the pilot = Ribbons Almark
As long as he's voiced by Toru Furuya
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-13, 19:24   Link #45
Aurelis
Daydreamer

Seeing a glimpse of Sengoku Astray mounted on Fuunsaiki was so cool! I'm becoming quite an avid fan of Nils' designs.

I wished Bandai released a stand alone pack for Fuunsaiki, along with the other packs like Ribbon Striker and Plavsky wings. It's awesome that they're releasing the K9 unit separately.

Onto the episode, they just had to make a good guy racer for our main characters, who could have easily destroyed the twin's MS. And you would have thought by now the other players would know about SBS' weakness and used shell-based weapons.

Aila's way of racing is arguably the best to see as it was a clear undoubted victory. I think Aila didn't like Gunpla battles cause it's too easy that it seems silly. I hope something like a match against Reiji or Meijin would ignite the raging fighter in her.

Lastly, I think speed without proper control is also useless in that circuit race, which was maybe why there's no Dendrobium or Trans-Am system. Regarding the mathematical dispute about scores, could it be that just because one is undefeated doesn't mean they're all level on points? Getting more kill counts than the others or having lower timings could have been a factor?
Aurelis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-13, 19:42   Link #46
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Sorry Sei and Reiji but I'll be pulling for Canada's Fox going forward .

But yeah, kind of sad that the only way SBS could even come in second was because of absolute cheating. Kind of wonder why the twins were so cocky early on though. It's not like they knew that the organizers were going to cheat and drown the SBS. Without that they wouldn't have had any chance.

Was nice to get a look at Aila's past. Certainly understandable that for her Gunpla isn't close to fun, it's a necessity and painful. Can only guess what that organization did to her in order to raise her piloting ability to the maximum level. Still, we got our ReijixAila moment of the week and I'm pretty satisfied .
Old 2014-01-13, 20:36   Link #47
tsunade666

Nice episode but the chairman is really irritating me with his childish antics.
Old 2014-01-13, 20:42   Link #48
Blazer-X

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
But yeah, kind of sad that the only way SBS could even come in second was because of absolute cheating. Kind of wonder why the twins were so cocky early on though. It's not like they knew that the organizers were going to cheat and drown the SBS. Without that they wouldn't have had any chance.
This! This is my personal reason why I didn't like this episode. Yes, they lost. Yes, it creates a bit of tension (even though its obvious they'll beat Ricardo in the next round in order to make it to the top 16).

But its such a cop-out to make them only lose due to sabotage. And even post sabotage, they only lost by a hair. It cheapens the feeling of the loss because they didn't lose from a fair fight, which basically still makes them seem relatively invincible in a fair context. Even losing to Luang in the last match would have been better than this time around, because at least they had a "fair fight" in an unfair match-up.
Blazer-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-13, 22:03   Link #49
Dark Wing

OMG that new OP with Star Build Strike pulling a Shining Finger at the end. If they really do it I will love this series forever for it!
Old 2014-01-13, 22:44   Link #50
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazer-X View Post
This! This is my personal reason why I didn't like this episode. Yes, they lost. Yes, it creates a bit of tension (even though its obvious they'll beat Ricardo in the next round in order to make it to the top 16).

But its such a cop-out to make them only lose due to sabotage. And even post sabotage, they only lost by a hair. It cheapens the feeling of the loss because they didn't lose from a fair fight, which basically still makes them seem relatively invincible in a fair context. Even losing to Luang in the last match would have been better than this time around, because at least they had a "fair fight" in an unfair match-up.
Hope Reiji beats the @#*& out of the CEO next episode.
Avrorrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-14, 00:11   Link #51
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Awesome opening. Anyone know where I can find individual shots or a gif of that part of the opening that shows those awesome close-ups of the Gunpla near the beginning?
Old 2014-01-14, 07:08   Link #52
lokeen

lokeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-14, 08:09   Link #53
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokeen View Post
You just made my morning! Thank you!
Old 2014-01-14, 08:17   Link #54
blaspot
\o/

God tier ost playing through out
blaspot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-14, 12:04   Link #55
Juke16

Was anyone else confused by how there was no wreckage of the tentacle Gundam/whatever the hell it was that pulled SBS down into the lake on the game table? At the end of every match, every single gunpla wreck or model is located on the table, shouldn't it be the same with whatever was at the bottom of the lake?
Juke16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-14, 12:11   Link #56
monster

There's probably a secret opening from which it entered in the first place.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-14, 12:43   Link #57
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazer-X View Post

Indeed

I think my suspension of disbelief broke for this episode.

(The sheer amount of fanservice cover the disappointment thankfully)
Old 2014-01-14, 13:29   Link #58
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juke16 View Post
Was anyone else confused by how there was no wreckage of the tentacle Gundam/whatever the hell it was that pulled SBS down into the lake on the game table? At the end of every match, every single gunpla wreck or model is located on the table, shouldn't it be the same with whatever was at the bottom of the lake?
I believe Codename: C had his gunpla hooked up to a remote terminal of some kind.
Old 2014-01-14, 13:45   Link #59
Nvis
Where are the good animes

I thought it was funny in the 3 vs 3 battle, the MkII, Maoh, and Mercurius were trying to be sneaky looking one way and then they all looked back("Huh?") and V2's like "Surprise, b****es!".

The Tamaire or w/e was lame. The losing team's reaction was funny though.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-14, 14:56   Link #60
Kamui04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juke16 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
There's probably a secret opening from which it entered in the first place.
Same as the Megasize Zaku from a few episodes back, it would have been introduced and removed from a secret hatch on the table.
Kamui04 is offline   Reply With Quote