AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

View Poll Results: Suzumiya Haruhi (2009) - Episode 05 Rating
Perfect 10 54 13.99%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 20 5.18%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 23 5.96%
7 out of 10 : Good 25 6.48%
6 out of 10 : Average 27 6.99%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 16 4.15%
4 out of 10 : Poor 10 2.59%
3 out of 10 : Bad 8 2.07%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 7 1.81%
1 out of 10 : Painful 196 50.78%
Voters: 386. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-07-19, 15:20   Link #1081
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
Apparently people who want to see other stories animated.
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... so you think you're a king now...
Old 2009-07-20, 08:00   Link #1082
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by fish eric View Post
There are so many solutions to the time loop. I really hope they do an anime exclusive ending because the book ending is stupid and not obvious IMO.

What pisses me off is the SOS is dismissed with one day left. Kyon does that stupid thing at the cafe and then is like "Nooooooo shes gone!"

He still has the whole next day! Why does he sit around his house doing nothing? Why does he believe that the solution has be in the cafe scene? He could have called her up anytime during that day.

He didn't even call Koizumi for advice.

There are just too many plot holes. I can't wait for disappearance.
I have to say that my assessment of Kyon has taken a big hit from this. I used to think that he was a pretty smart solidly above average intelligence guy.

Now... I have serious doubts.
Old 2009-07-20, 09:02   Link #1083
Takamura Mamoru
The Hawk

Exactly, because Endless Eight makes him look like an incompetent moron while the novels overall depict him as extremely clever.
Old 2009-07-20, 09:05   Link #1084
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Even in the novels, Endless Eight makes him out to be an incompetent moron. You can't blame the anime for that one.
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
Old 2009-07-20, 09:45   Link #1085
Triple_R
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takamura Mamoru View Post
Exactly, because Endless Eight makes him look like an incompetent moron while the novels overall depict him as extremely clever.
It just boggles my mind why he doesn't just...

Kyon: Hey, Yuki, you keep remembering all of this from one time loop iteration to the next, right?

Yuki: Yes

Kyon: Well, I have a plan! I'm going to keep trying different things out from one time loop iteration to the next until something makes it pop! I may even eventually take Koizumi up on his "I Love You!" suggestion... *shudder* If necessary, I want you to report to my... next time loop self what my current time loop self tried so that he'll try something different. Got that, Yuki?

Yuki: Yes.

Kyon: So you don't mind helping out to this degree?

Yuki: Since you are the one implementing this plan, no, I do not mind.

The above is, I think, what almost anybody would try, at least after awhile.
Old 2009-07-20, 09:52   Link #1086
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

It probably wouldn't have worked. Yuki explained that the reason she didn't inform the group about the time loop at the start of every iteration was because she was on orders to observe.

The IDE is probably perfectly happy to let the loops go on for an extended period of time, so are in no hurry to help the situation get solved.
Old 2009-07-20, 09:53   Link #1087
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Kyon: Hey, Yuki, you keep remembering all of this from one time loop iteration to the next, right?

Yuki: Yes

Kyon: Well, I have a plan! I'm going to keep trying different things out from one time loop iteration to the next until something makes it pop! I may even eventually take Koizumi up on his "I Love You!" suggestion... *shudder* If necessary, I want you to report to my... next time loop self what my current time loop self tried so that he'll try something different. Got that, Yuki?

Yuki: Yes.

Kyon: So you don't mind helping out to this degree?

Yuki: Since you are the one implementing this plan, no, I do not mind.
Last one's a bit wordy for Nagato, and Kyon never refers to her as "Yuki," but you got the point across.

The problem is, Kyon would only know what his last attempt was with that request, so he may just end up doing the same two or three things over and over again.

Also, the request to have her tell them of the situation whenever August 18th rolls around again would probably be better.

*e* Actually, Kyon asked why she never told them. There is never any indication that her role as observer would prevent her from taking action if they were to ask. In fact, there are several instances where she has taken an active role simply because a brigade member asked her to help.
Old 2009-07-20, 22:21   Link #1088
OkamiNoKaze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kogetsu Shirogane View Post

Also, the request to have her tell them of the situation whenever August 18th rolls around again would probably be better.

*e* Actually, Kyon asked why she never told them. There is never any indication that her role as observer would prevent her from taking action if they were to ask. In fact, there are several instances where she has taken an active role simply because a brigade member asked her to help.
I've also wondered about this myself as well, why he doesn't set this up.
Old 2009-07-21, 06:37   Link #1089
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Because Kyon is a moron, probably.
Old 2009-07-21, 06:45   Link #1090
typhonsentra

The other problem is how Kyoto Animation has Kyon behave on his last day. Any normal person who knew that when he wakes up in the morning, he wouldn't have to deal with the consequences of what he did on the previous day wouldn't sit at home moping the entire time.
Old 2009-07-21, 06:54   Link #1091
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

The guy just got strung along for two weeks, give him a break.
Old 2009-07-21, 08:01   Link #1092
ac195
Koh nara dekiru!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by typhonsentra View Post
The other problem is how Kyoto Animation has Kyon behave on his last day. Any normal person who knew that when he wakes up in the morning, he wouldn't have to deal with the consequences of what he did on the previous day wouldn't sit at home moping the entire time.
Dunno, it feels like something the ever cynical Kyon would do...
Old 2009-07-23, 21:34   Link #1093
topboy
poor man

10/10
Hail Kyoto Ani !
Hail Haruhi anime !

*even If this episode is still picture of cat for 24 minutes , I will still give it 10/10
Old 2009-07-27, 22:12   Link #1094
typhonsentra

By the way, it's now official:

This is now the most rated, viewed, and discussed episode in the history of the series.
Old 2009-07-27, 22:24   Link #1095
Triple_R
*Author

Quote:

This is now the most rated, viewed, and discussed episode in the history of the series.
Interesting.

I think that I know why - I think that this episode was the one where a lot of people lost their patience with Endless Eight.

A lot of people I've talked to about Endless Eight feel that 3 or 4 episodes would have been the perfect length for it - this is my own view as well. By the end of episode 5, it was clear that we were going to get at least 5 episodes of Endless Eight... so a lot of people started turning on the anime after the end of this episode. Hence, the 1 votes being the majority for this episode.

But... I'll give credit where credit is due. At least as far as Anime Suki is concerned, Endless Eight earned Haruhi more publicity than it might have otherwise got. Now we'll see if the old axiom of "there's no such thing as bad publicity" is true or not.
Old 2009-07-27, 22:53   Link #1096
chikorita157
ひきこもりアイドル
*IT Support

Quote:

I'm guessing that because Episode 5 repeated Episode 4 and 3 so many times... and also... because of the "Nice Plane"

Episodes 6 and 7 haven't been talked so much since it's the same as episode 3 and 4... but yes, the only funny thing is the Nice Plane... although that can be counted as a troll just like Haruhi-chan with the Nice Boat parody on the first episode.