AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2010-08-13, 05:56   Link #21
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

I shall henceforth agree with the growing internet opinion and refer to this game only as 'Skyoshock'
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-13, 06:03   Link #22
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Rambo View Post
...why are they even calling this bioshock?
Bioshock is based on the utopia/dystopia concept as found in many political fantasies like 1984 and Brave New World.

This "Laputa" named Columbia is simply another setting. Probably to denote the rhetoric of "The sky is the limit" on the topic of idealism vs individual passion.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-13, 09:46   Link #23
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGoten View Post
Maybe the next BioShock's setting will be the earths interior, and then maybe there will be one in space (oh wait, that's Dead Space^^)...that would definately be awesome, especially if their stories would be somehow connected.
I would love for them to go back into space, System Shock 2 was and still is a all time classic for me, it was gaming brilliance.
How they deal with the suspense in the sky setting will be interesting but I could only really see that happening when it's dark.

I'll say tho I'm looking forwad to new Deux Ex more than this as Deus Ex was the other all time classic but one I liked more.
Old 2010-08-13, 14:20   Link #24
Kaze Shachou
So Pringles

I absolutely love Bioshock cinematics. They're always tasteful eye candy.

As far as Infinite goes, the story line seems a little generic, girl gets captured, guy sent to rescue her... Hopefully they make it as interesting as the first. Columbia looks like a fun place to roam. Looking forward to more about it. Really hoping for the dramatic scenes they usually put in to add drama to the storyline. We'll see how this plays through i guess.
Old 2010-08-13, 16:55   Link #25
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaze Shachou View Post
I absolutely love Bioshock cinematics. They're always tasteful eye candy.

As far as Infinite goes, the story line seems a little generic, girl gets captured, guy sent to rescue her... Hopefully they make it as interesting as the first. Columbia looks like a fun place to roam. Looking forward to more about it. Really hoping for the dramatic scenes they usually put in to add drama to the storyline. We'll see how this plays through i guess.
I totally agree with that, and I guess the Bioshok saga deserves that we wait 'till Infinite to take any conclution about this new setting. Who knows? It may be good.
Old 2010-08-13, 21:38   Link #26
DingoEnderZOE2

Send a message via AIM to DingoEnderZOE2
A classy looking utopia in the sky with beautiful environments

Classy looking version of big daddies(?).

Classy look version(?) of Little Sisters(?)

And roses that allow you to glide though the sky.

This game just seems all kinds of classy.

Yeah I think I'm sold. The only thing I'm worried about is due to how beautiful the outside looks in the game, we might end up getting a more light hearted game both in environments and in story. I rather enjoyed the gloomy atmosphere in the prequels....
Anime evaluating:None
Manga in progress:None at the moment
DingoEnderZOE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-14, 01:06   Link #27
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

I suspect that most of you here are in it for the lolis.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2010-08-14, 01:09   Link #28
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Many Bioshock fans are defiantly "loli-fans" for the little sisters....
Hooves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-14, 01:10   Link #29
Dragonkid11
A random-man

Is that a brain or something in the Big daddy head?

And having roses as a ablity...to lift someone...(or maybe it just telekinesis like a hand,so when the lady help out the Mr.someone,she er...break some of the flower she have...)
Dragonkid11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-14, 01:24   Link #30
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Interesting to note that "Columbia" is the female name for the US.

Old 2010-08-14, 01:30   Link #31
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
It will most definatly helps if there were more variety to the appearance and personality to them.

Version 2.0 , though demonstrated an improvement in behaviour over version 1.0, gets boring after a while due to them all being clones of each other.

But being able to see through their eyes was fun however.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-14, 01:36   Link #32
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post
It will most definatly helps if there were more variety to the appearance and personality to them.

Version 2.0 , though demonstrated an improvement in behaviour over version 1.0, gets boring after a while due to them all being clones of each other.

But being able to see through their eyes was fun however.
Seeing what a little sister would see completely freaked me out... We see Rapture as a torn-down submerging facility that all the inhabits their are complete psychos.

While the little sisters see it as one of the most fashionable places ever, and the psychos there are actually Gentlemen/Ladies..
Hooves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-14, 01:43   Link #33
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

I find it amusing that so many complained that Infinite is not underwater. It's not "Aquashock", people. As long as you still can modify yourself via fancy genetic manipulation, the "Bio" is still there.

And I am sure the floating city will have just as many insane inhabitants. They might look posh, but being well dressed is not proof of mental soundness.
Old 2010-08-14, 01:50   Link #34
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

The only psychos i think are gonna be in Infinite would be a craze populace who truly believe in the might of the US and anything racial impure in their populace (aka anyone who isn't pure white) should be eliminated. Apparently according to the games producer, the people of Columbia went from free loving democratic people to fascist imperialists. Makes you wonder who is leading Columbia.
Old 2010-08-14, 02:22   Link #35
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Apparently according to the games producer, the people of Columbia went from free loving democratic people to fascist imperialists. Makes you wonder who is leading Columbia.
Sounds very much like the American political climate during the Bush era.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-14, 02:47   Link #36
Lizzie
Resident tsundere.

Send a message via MSN to Lizzie Send a message via Yahoo to Lizzie
I personally like the change of environment ... but then again I've always been drawn towards the sky.
Old 2010-08-14, 11:41   Link #37
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post
Sounds very much like the American political climate during the Bush era.
Quote:
Interesting to note that "Columbia" is the female name for the US.
Yeah...pretty much like it. Probably a tongue-in-cheek by the storyboarders.

Old 2010-08-23, 11:07   Link #38
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Read some previews .

- New plasmid "Skylines" to travel between cities and new Telekinesis plasmid which can turn down enemies's guns against them .

- New "Big ....." , seems like a mix-Big Daddy + Big Sisters cuz he's husky and nimble .

+ A BIGGER ONE like 10meter bigger who can fly .

- You can make combos attack with Elizabeth .

I think we'll see more in TGS 2010 . Also release date = 2012 .
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-24, 13:41   Link #39
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

^ Apparently one of the new plasmids gives you the ability to control a murder of crows.

That sounds way cooler than some annoying bees

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Terrorists
The only psychos i think are gonna be in Infinite would be a craze populace who truly believe in the might of the US and anything racial impure in their populace (aka anyone who isn't pure white) should be eliminated. Apparently according to the games producer, the people of Columbia went from free loving democratic people to fascist imperialists. Makes you wonder who is leading Columbia.
One of the posters in the city shows a woman with US flag colors shunning an outstretched, sickly hand. That might be a hint that Columbia is a ultra-patriotic elitist society. They're rich and powerful "true" Americans trying to separate themselves from the poor, unwashed masses always looking for sympathy and handouts.

Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-07, 04:14   Link #40
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Exclusive screens here :

http://gameinformer.com/b/news/archi...e-screens.aspx

Ok , new "Big Daddy" sky version = Tall and big falcon punch !

Well , my first impression = As we are in the sky , it means less darkness side as the 1st and 2nd Bioshock and more light so less horror/creepy moment and then it becomes more a pure Action game like some other game in the same type .
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote