AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Toradora!

Notices

View Poll Results: Toradora - Episode 3 Rating
Perfect 10 15 16.48%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 20 21.98%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 26 28.57%
7 out of 10 : Good 17 18.68%
6 out of 10 : Average 7 7.69%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 4 4.40%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.10%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.10%
Voters: 91. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-10-18, 08:29   Link #1
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Toradora! - Episode 3 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Toradora, Episode 3.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
Spoiler Policy
  • Any spoiler that reveals future events, even under a spoiler tag, will be deleted.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2008-10-18, 08:34   Link #2
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈÇΈ is the Best !!

I Really Liked ep 3 ...It Sound Like Aisaka hate Ryuuji very much When She was angry XD
I can't Wait to See ep 4
Old 2008-10-18, 08:39   Link #3
kilroy0097
Michiko Malandro = Sexy

It was good to see some insight into Minori and what she is like as a person and a little bit what she is under that over energetic and happy exterior. Taiga x Ryūji interaction is the same as usual. They already bicker like a married couple.
Old 2008-10-18, 08:46   Link #4
Kaze
「Darkly Charismatic 」
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by kilroy0097 View Post
Taiga x Ryūji interaction is the same as usual. They already bicker like a married couple.
Maybe he should learn her how to ride a bike
Old 2008-10-18, 09:48   Link #5
msuwildog80

I got to say, even with a cute voice like Minorin, I cringe during that baseball homerun cheers.

Probably more so because I use to play baseball and during practice you can hear the girls softball squad yells nonstop chants (even during practice!).
Old 2008-10-18, 10:21   Link #6
Nukerjsr
Baka Inu~

Send a message via AIM to Nukerjsr
Eh...this was hard for me to really get into this compared to the other episodes.

As I've said before, I haven't read the novels or manga, so I've come into the series blind. But it feels like the anime transition is kicking in and there's already some unlikeable stuff floating around.

Taiga hit and yelled at Ryuji so much in this episode. Does she really have to get that angry when he watches Minori act like herself? She makes such a big deal in Episode 2 about this, but it feels like all that happened in that was dropped for this episode. It's like, if he isn't doing something, then she will force him to.

And while we did get a proper amount of Minori in this episode, it feels like a bad move because we now know (even more) how Minori and Ryuji's relationship will end up. She's hyper and kind, but rather thick. So the chance of her changing or seeing much doesn't look too promising. However, due to Ryuji's perserverance and Taiga's deredere side, it still has plenty of moments where it can surprise you.

I gave it a 5/10. I never really got into the Kugimiya/Tsundere series because they were already out but it just feels like the ignored potential here is hard to handle.
Old 2008-10-18, 11:29   Link #7
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
Pros: Good dynamics, more character study on Minorin. Relationship building between both Taiga and Ryuji.

Cons: Taiga got a bit too physical.
Old 2008-10-18, 11:42   Link #8
JMvS
Rawrrr!

I first had bad vibes about this episode, as it looked like filler material after a rushed episode 2.

It seems they chose to develop Minori's character a little, and the well done development, together with Taiga's funny faces makes it for a good episode! Even if I could have lived without the Urusai*3 and Baka-inu!

So I'll give an 8 (the same as ep 2 )
Old 2008-10-18, 13:26   Link #9
Traece
:cool:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kilroy0097 View Post
It was good to see some insight into Minori and what she is like as a person and a little bit what she is under that over energetic and happy exterior. Taiga x Ryūji interaction is the same as usual. They already bicker like a married couple.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nourredine View Post
Maybe he should learn her how to ride a bike
Interesting discussion forming here...

It's nice to see that Toradora! got its own sub-forum. A great change of pace and hopefully it severely raises the interest in this series.

In all honesty, Toradora! is already my favorite romance anime somehow. Just sort of happened. <_<

Episode 3 was definitely a treat. Minorin is a nutcase, Kitamura is an ex-stalker, and Taiga can't ride a bike as tall as she is. Ryuuji is just sort of stuck there in the middle..
Old 2008-10-18, 13:45   Link #10
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traece View Post
It's nice to see that Toradora! got its own sub-forum. A great change of pace and hopefully it severely raises the interest in this series.
Well, I have been following this show since the very beginning, but never felt like posting in the general thread for some reason.

Regardless, it's nice to see a sub-forum for this show.
Old 2008-10-18, 13:55   Link #11
Urei
Star Designer
*Graphic Designer

Somehow I found myself skimming through the episode more then watching it. I wonder what the future of this series will be.

AD 2314 Mobile Suit Gundam 00
~A wakening of the Trailblazer~

Old 2008-10-18, 14:07   Link #12
LC
Shocking Pink

This episode was not as good as last week's, but I am looking forward to the new character who's in the next episode. Taiga was a lot more violent than usual, but she was funny, especially at the end, so it's ok. I hope the rest of the episodes continue to be good~!
Old 2008-10-18, 14:27   Link #13
teachopvutru
Urusai~Urusai~Urusai~

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy001_M1A2 View Post
Cons: Taiga got a bit too physical.
Well, it corresponds to the amount of eyesighting and daydreaming Ryu has had in this episode, I suppose...

I enjoyed last episode more, but this one was good, too. Last week when the preview mentioned that this episode would be about Kushieda, I didn't really look forward to it because I already made a judgment that I would rather watch Ryu x Taiga's interactions, but it ended up to be better than I thought.

Although I do think that Taiga is a bit too physical this episode, it almost feels like she is acting according to the viewers' reaction (to me, at least). Everytime that the main character daydreamed, it made me think "Ah, this guy is daydreaming again..." (well, I didn't think that, just smiling and sort of making a face)

My favorite scene has to be when Taiga goes "FOUND YOU"--the voice acting and her face sound and look really evil. (one of the best scenes so far, probably only second to "RAWR" in the 1st episode)

"FOUND YOU!" ~Taiga
Old 2008-10-18, 15:12   Link #14
crystalalien87
Louise Fanatic

the episode was kinda slow but still funny none the less... Taiga was pretty scary in this episode also...she almost scares me more the shana if it was for her sword being real Louise is so harmless compared to them...
Old 2008-10-18, 16:35   Link #15
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Crap...I can't believe that this series got a subforum
Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2008-10-18, 16:55   Link #16
typhonsentra

I liked it for the most part, but mostly the stuff that didn't involve Aisaka this time around. "Filler Taiga" is brutal.

Spoiler:
Old 2008-10-18, 19:57   Link #17
dago2682
Nodoka Fan

Nice to see this series finally has a subforum
Nice 3rd ep,hope the series continues like this it has rapidly become one of my favorites this season.
I`ll give this ep an 8 because it was funny and gave minori some spotlight.
Old 2008-10-18, 23:07   Link #18
Eczema
Ah! Pretty Shining Love!

Despite not being as funny as the first 2 eps, I quite liked this ep. However, I noticed that the animation was a bit inconsistent, especially near the beginning of the episode. Minori is a cute and interesting character, and a little bit of insight into her personality is welcome. Hopefully all 5 leads will get ample character development during the series, instead of just Ryuuji and Taiga.
Old 2008-10-19, 00:28   Link #19
Sixth
Hu Tao

am i the only one who dont like Minorin's character and personality at all in here?

More TAIGA AND RYuJI please.

I wonder when Ryuji and Taiga going to develop a feeling for each other?
Old 2008-10-19, 01:13   Link #20
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
noobita, no I don't think you are the only one. At least I do not like it as well.
Closed Thread