AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Upcoming Series

Notices

Old 2008-10-31, 08:28   Link #2721
ChibiGoku
FightingMagic Founder

Not sure if this is American made or Japanese made, but if it's a latter, looks like we'll have a new Sonic anime on our hands:

Quote:
Sonic the Hedgehog is appearing in his first short animated film! Follow along as Sonic and his pal make their way into an eerie haunted house only to discover a bunch of mischievous ghosts looking for a good scare. Stay tuned to see what silliness happens when the full moon comes out and Sonic transforms into the Werehog and goes up against some creepy spirits in Sonic: Night of the Werehog. Can the Werehog keep his cool or will the ghosts own this fright-mare?

Source: IGN Movies
It's apparently titled Sonic: Night of the Werehog and will be a CGI movie short. The official site is here, but nothing seems to be up yet. It's supposed to be released next month or something. No mention yet if Sega of Japan is going to release this or not. It wouldn't shock me if it didn't, even if it turns out to be Japanese animated. Given what happened with Sonic X and several Sonic games in which they were not released in Japan, there is a chance this could happen as well.
ChibiGoku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-02, 04:59   Link #2722
NeoSam

According to MoonPhase's anime list:

=========================

A second anime season of "Tetsuwan Birdy Decode" will start broadcast in January 2009, and its titled: Tetsuwan Birdy Decode: D (鉄腕バーディー DECODE: D)

Wiki entry:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Birdy_the_Mighty

A new "Precure" TV anime series will start broadcast in February 2009.

Wiki entry:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Futari_wa_Pretty_Cure

Old 2008-11-03, 04:39   Link #2723
NeoSam

This thread has passed 0.5 a million views...

I would like to thank everyone who has made this thread their new anime news source
Old 2008-11-03, 09:14   Link #2724
kyouray
2D > 3D

Congratulations
You're the one who we should thank for your work

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoSam View Post
The seinen manga Fight Ippatsu! Juuden-chan!! by Ditama Bow will be getting an important announcement in the next issue of the seinen manga magazine Comic Gum. The next issue of Comic Gum will be released on November 26th, 2008.
Ditama Bow is the author of the seinen manga Mahoromatic (which got 2 season anime adaptations).
Ditama Bow (ぢたま某) reported at Chibi Japan Expo in France that his new manga Fight Ippatsu Jūden-chan !! (ファイト一発! 充電ちゃん!!) will be getting an anime version by Hibari studio (スタジオ雲雀). Broadcasts start in summer 2009.

Source : Anime-Days
Old 2008-11-03, 11:22   Link #2725
Same_Shark

Quote:
This thread has passed 0.5 a million views...

I would like to thank everyone who has made this thread their new anime news source
No, thank you! I find out about new anime a lot faster than I do through ANN.
Same_Shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-03, 12:59   Link #2726
NeoSam

No problem I would also like to thank everyone that helped with this thread

So the Fight Ippatsu! Juuden-chan!! important announcement, that will be in the next issue of Comic Gum, will be an anime announcement afterall, thanks kyouray for the news

Now to wait to see what the Natsu no Arashi! announcement will be about... will it also be getting an anime adaptation... we''ll have to wait for the next issue of GanGan WING to know (which will be released on November 26th, 2008). Anyway, just like the anime adaptation news of "Fight Ippatsu! Juuden-chan!!" got out earlier (we didn't need to wait for the next issue of Gum Gum to know about the anime adaptation), we might also find out earlier what the "Natsu no Arashi!" announcement is about...
Old 2008-11-06, 10:58   Link #2727
NeoSam

From AnimeNation Blog:

Quote:
Munto TV Anime Announced
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Apparently the December issue of Newtype Magazine, which goes on sale in Japan on the 10th, will include a confirmation that Kyoto Animation’s first original anime title, the unfinished two episode Munto OVA series, will be remade as a television series titled Sora wo Miageru Shojo no Hitomi ni Utsuru Sekai (The World Reflected in the Eyes of a Girl Looking Up at the Heavens) for broadcast next year.

Newtype reports that original OVA series scriptwriter & director Kigami Yoshiji will write and direct the television series. Original OVA series character designer Aratani Tomoe will also again provide character designs for the TV series.

Kyoto Animation released its first Munto fantasy action OVA in 2003, and the second in 2005. Central Park Media released the two OVAs on domestic DVD in 2004 & 2006.

Source: Moon Phase Diary
Old 2008-11-06, 22:36   Link #2728
cicido
I'm so moe I kill myself
*Artist

Minami-ke's third season will be done by the same studio that did Okawari. It begin airing in 09 January.

Spoiler for sauce:

;_;

EDIT: Moon Phase link

Last edited by cicido; 2008-11-07 at 00:02.
cicido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-07, 06:45   Link #2729
NeoSam

An official site for the Isekai no Seikishi Monogatari anime has opened:
http://www.seikishi.com/
Old 2008-11-07, 09:41   Link #2730
shomazta
imataco
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to shomazta Send a message via MSN to shomazta Send a message via Yahoo to shomazta
A third anime season of Minami-ke (みなみけ) is scheduled to broadcast in January 2009 on TV Tokyo at 1:30 every Sunday night.

みなみけ 第3期
Minami-ke Phase 3 (tentative)

Staff
Original Creator: Sakuraba Coharu
Director: Oikawa Kei
Series Composition: Kojika Rie
Character Design: Tanaka Seiki
Animation Production: Aslead

Cast
Haruka: Satou Rina
Kana: Inoue Marina
Chiaki: Chihara Minori

Source: TGBus, Moon Phase Diary

Last edited by shomazta; 2008-11-07 at 10:38.
shomazta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-07, 09:53   Link #2731
takuu
大丈夫ですよ

Quote:
Originally Posted by shomazta View Post
A third anime season of Minami-ke (みなみけ) is scheduled to broadcast in January 2009 on TV Tokyo at 1:30 every Sunday night.

Staff
Original Creator: Sakuraba Coharu
Director: Oikawa Kei
Series Composition: Kojika Rie
Character Design: Tanaka Seiki
Animation Production: asread

Cast
Haruka: Satou Rina
Kana: Inoue Marina
Chiaki: Chihara Minori

Source: TGBus, Moon Phase Diary
@shomazta: Shouldn't you be doing the army thing?

Also I can't wait for another season of Minami-ke. Will it be starting on the first sunday in January?
takuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-07, 10:05   Link #2732
shomazta
imataco
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to shomazta Send a message via MSN to shomazta Send a message via Yahoo to shomazta
Quote:
在前些日子于周刊少年MAGAZINE上发表第三季消息的南家三姐妹第三季动画终于有了后文,首先制作团队 将由制作第二季的アスリード社担任,相信这会让不少期待由第一季的童梦制作的人有所失望,然后就是播出时间 将在2009年的1月,于TV东京每周日深夜1点30分放送
I can't read Chinese, but I don't think this specifies anywhere which Sunday it'll start airing. This quote from TGBus is saying something along the lines of this news being announced in the third quarter publication of Juvenile(?) Magazine and that it's by アスリード (Aslead) who also did Okawari o_O
Old 2008-11-07, 12:04   Link #2733
shomazta
imataco
*Fansubber

From Moon Phase:

Animax films 10th anniversary commemorative work “VIPER'S CREED” has been announced!

TVA “Black God The Animation” updates: character page, Black God terminology, OP/ED artists added and due to start broadcasting January 2009 in the Hokkaido, Kanto, and Kansai regions. http://www.kurokami-anime.net/ (lewl, correct me... I know I'm wrong with this translation >_<)
Old 2008-11-07, 20:51   Link #2734
Shiroi Hane
Gazer of Cosmos

Send a message via ICQ to Shiroi Hane Send a message via AIM to Shiroi Hane Send a message via MSN to Shiroi Hane Send a message via Yahoo to Shiroi Hane
Quote:
Originally Posted by shomazta View Post
This quote from TGBus is saying something along the lines of this news being announced in the third quarter publication of Juvenile(?) Magazine and that it's by アスリード (Aslead) who also did Okawari o_O
That would be Kodansha's Young Magazine where the manga is serialised. I'd consider this bad news personally, since asread are supposed to be working on Kiddy Grade 2...
Shiroi Hane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-08, 18:16   Link #2735
kyouray
2D > 3D

Shinkyoku Sōkai Polyphonica visual novel software series will be getting a new anime adaptation.

神曲奏界ポリフォニカ
Shinkyoku Sōkai Polyphonica

Quote:
The Tamatowa blog reports that a bookstore has a poster advertising a new television anime adaptation this spring for the Shinkyoku Sōkai Polyphonica visual novel software series. The advertisement emphasizes in Japanese that next spring's anime is intended as a new take on the story and adds in English that it will have "brand new staff, brand new visual, [and] brand new story."

Source : ANN
Old 2008-11-09, 03:51   Link #2736
NeoSam

Thanks kyouray for the news. This month I'm going to be extra busy >_< hopefully you and others can continue adding new anime adaptations to this thread in that time...
Old 2008-11-09, 20:06   Link #2737
kyouray
2D > 3D

No problem

Quote:
The second season of the "Slayers REVOLUTION" anime will be titled: Slayers EVOLUTION-R.
"Slayers GLORY" which was mentioned before, is not the title of the anime.
Official website is open.

Source : moonphase
Old 2008-11-09, 22:24   Link #2738
Utau
Butler mitai~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Utau
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyouray View Post
Shinkyoku Sōkai Polyphonica visual novel software series will be getting a new anime adaptation.

神曲奏界ポリフォニカ
Shinkyoku Sōkai Polyphonica

Source : ANN

he.. this is a good news indeed assuming the animation quality this time around is much better than the first and gets better script material. The first season IMO was below average but still watchable, however, it's plot didn't make sense to me at all. And the quality seem to be focused in the anime's ED
Utau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-10, 13:44   Link #2739
chrno

Send a message via AIM to chrno
2nd Season for 'Birdy: Decode' for Jan. 2009? Sounds good. Oh, I have to add 'Black God' to the list now. Looks interesting. Has there been any word on when the 2nd Season of 'Gurren Lagann' plan to start? I wonder if 'GSG 2nd Season' started yet.

"I'm afraid 400 years won't cover me."
chrno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-11, 14:03   Link #2740
NeoSam

The anime that was supposed to be based on the shoujo manga Asakiyumemishi which is in turn based on the Japanese novel The Tale of Genji (Genji Monogatari), will not be based on the manga but will be based on the novel.

The anime adaptation of the The Tale of Genji (Genji Monogatari) novel is titled:

源氏物語千年紀 Genji
Genji Monogatari Sennenki Genji

The anime will start broadcast in January 2009.

Tags
announcements, new anime, trailers