AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Madoka Magica

Notices

Old 2010-11-07, 07:57   Link #81
MaiNoKen
◕ ‿‿ ◕
*Scanlator

Talking

Me... want... magical... girl show. \o/

(Awaits eagerly)
MaiNoKen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-07, 08:39   Link #82
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

For me, Homura's voice actor will be Satomi Akesaka (most likely), or Ayana Taketatsu.
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-07, 10:49   Link #83
drobertbaker
Major Lurker

Location: <clap> <clap> <clap> <clap> Deep in the Heart of Texas
Indeed, thank you for the translation, very kind.

Higher height ratio designs than Hidamari Sketch.

How come Ume is a sensei and Urobochi is only a san?
Old 2010-11-07, 14:10   Link #84
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Thanks for translating the interview. This definitely looks promising. I'm glad he didn't give away anything about the plot.

Hmm, the characters do look a bit slender that in Hidamari.
Old 2010-11-07, 17:14   Link #85
Decagon
This was meaningless
*Scanlator

It kind of feels like with the design and staff choices, this series is being set up to play on one's heartstrings and waterworks.
Decagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-07, 19:48   Link #86
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

If you like Aoki Ume-sensei's work, check out the ED illustration from ep6 of OreImo, showing the lovelorn meganekko osananajimi who features in that episode.

That interview (thanks, sirn) was interesting. I found a small (and safe) example of Aoki-sensei's doujin work here. A taller, slimmer look than Hidamari. She does doujins as "apricot+", it appears. Her blog is here and homepage here.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissičre (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-07, 21:22   Link #87
Sprite_Coke

Send a message via AIM to Sprite_Coke
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
A NEW mahou shoujo?!?! What is this ?!

... I guess the last one hit a dead wall, Heh.
Cept it didn't.
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=268721
Old 2010-11-08, 02:12   Link #88
OkamiNoKaze

Interesting, wonder if there will be a character with those weird "Ichijou" Eyes
Old 2010-11-08, 09:12   Link #89
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirn View Post
Translation of Megami Magazine interview with Producer Iwakami Atsuhiro
This time is a bit long so I decided to host it instead.

Also, Akemi Homura above is now confirmed.

via Moonphase

Bow again (in the right hand)…
Ohhh cute new girl.

So what's her eye called?

Is it similar to Konata's charm eyes?
Old 2010-11-08, 15:54   Link #90
OkamiNoKaze

Ichijou, is a character from another show from this director called, Pani Poni Dash, sometimes she has eyes like this

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...qGn0S-UiJDoFaT

This is what I'm calling Ichijou eyes
Old 2010-11-08, 16:06   Link #91
Kunagisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkamiNoKaze View Post
Ichijou, is a character from another show from this director called, Pani Poni Dash, sometimes she has eyes like this

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...qGn0S-UiJDoFaT

This is what I'm calling Ichijou eyes

Linking it here so if people have trouble seeing the picture in reference (clicking the link just sent me to google image page) they wouldn't miss this cute image =P.
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-08, 20:12   Link #92
Starks
I see what you did there!
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Starks
Didn't SHAFT give Konoka Konoe those eyes from time to time during Negima!?
Old 2010-11-08, 22:46   Link #93
Kenn
Stomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by drobertbaker View Post
Indeed, thank you for the translation, very kind.

Higher height ratio designs than Hidamari Sketch.

How come Ume is a sensei and Urobochi is only a san?
Probably because Ume is a manga-ka, while Urobochi only does scripts and scenarios and the like.

http://k625.blogspot.com/ - Kenn's blog of random everythings
Kenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-09, 08:10   Link #94
sirn
田舎者言うな

Madoka in school uniform:

(via 2ch, NewType Magazine 2010/12)

From an NT interview:
  • Madoka is going to be an action magical girl series. Quoting Urobuchi Gen: "But nowadays to solve everything by swinging magical stick around no longer works."
  • Scripts are what Urobuchi Gen originally proposed without much change to it. He is very worried if it is really okay, though he's trying really hard in order to make characters cute.
  • "There's a scene in a room surrounding with glasses, we don't know how the reflection will be without actually drawing and composing them; characters are living in a world like that. It might be a story of near future, or far in the future."

Edit: Large-ish pic of Homura:

(Click to enlarge)

Last edited by sirn; 2010-11-09 at 09:10.
sirn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-09, 08:29   Link #95
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirn View Post
"There's a scene in a room surrounding with glasses, we don't know how the reflection will be without actually drawing and composing them; characters are living in a world like that. It might be a story of near future, or far in the future."
Oh now i'm very interested in this. More information on the setting would be wonderful to have incoming weeks, so i can mentally prepare myself for what this show will offer.
Old 2010-11-09, 16:53   Link #96
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starks View Post
Didn't SHAFT give Konoka Konoe those eyes from time to time during Negima!?
They sure did (thanks to the fact that Ichijou and Konoka are voiced by the same seiyuu).
Old 2010-11-11, 01:22   Link #97
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Wow, with this in January and Maria in the near future I can't help but feel Kizu being thrown to the back of the bus even though Bake was what got Shaft out of the situation they were in.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-11, 03:01   Link #98
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
Wow, with this in January and Maria in the near future I can't help but feel Kizu being thrown to the back of the bus even though Bake was what got Shaft out of the situation they were in.
Well, Kizu could be put off for other reasons, like the fact that Nisio has probably been pretty busy with guiding Katanagatari, and I assume he wants some degree of over site for kizu as well.

Otherwise it's shaft being shaft for better or worse .
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-11, 04:43   Link #99
applejuice
I kill you
*Graphic Designer

This is what I translated the Korean translation of interview on New type (probably inacurate, but whatever.);

Quote:
-NT: What provided you a momentum for creating [Mahou Shoujo Madoka☆Magica?

Shinbo: Producer Iwakami Atsuhiro from Aniplex first made a proposal for making [Mahou Shoujo] series. Iwakami lent me Urobuchi's novel, [Fate/Zero], and asked me [How about Urobuchi's script and Aoki's Character?], which left me surprised.

Urobuchi: It was project with talented, excellent members gathered, I was thinking to express things I can do only in this opportunity, without any regret. Although this is the first time writing script for the entire series, right after the first meeting, the plan that I requested just saying [How about this kind of story?] got a 'Go' sign (accepted) without any trouble, and script was also completed without any alteration at the stage of 1st draft. It's even in degree that I was worried whether it is ok to go this smoothly.

-NT: The theme is [Mahou Shoujo Anction] Genre, so what kind of mahou shoujo will be introduced in [Madoka☆Magica]?

Urobuchi: They are cute girls. I was trying hard to make these girls cute. (laugh) The mahou shoujos I know is the ones who transform into touring guide or adult-looking mahou shoujo etc. But, it will be problem these days, drawing mahou shoujo who can solve any problem with swinging around the magic staffs. In contrast, if we say [Mahou Shoujo Action] Genre, there are [Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha] and [Precure series] which performed a meritorious did for mahou shoujo. It is a genre that is already established firmly, so I don't think it is very hard.

-NT: What people are anxious about is the direction of the screen, we have a lot of expectation on the fact that it is original SHAFT production.

Shinbo: We are yet to know what we will get. (Laugh) For example, there is a scene that mirror is covering entire surface of the wall, we don't know how mirrors will be reflected before actually drawing key frames and take a shot. It is a series about characters living in the world like that. It can be story of 5 minutes or 10 minutes future.

Urobuchi: When I heard [We don't know what image we will get], I was also very anticipated. Shinbo does not care about the length of script or the number of scenes. I have been thinking arbitrarily that animation is [Creating theme and script calculating back from the completed image], but you cannot do this reverse operation for SHAFT's production method. It's like stage play; they add fleshes to their work with improvised ad-libs time to time.

Shinbo: It is a method that was only possible due to the solidified core of the script and gathering of talented staffs. Believing these staffs, I want to challenge this.
Pretty much what sirn said.
Old 2010-11-11, 12:12   Link #100
sirn
田舎者言うな

Akemi Homura
Seiyuu: Saito Chiwa

Spoiler for more pics:

Text:
"Beautiful-looking transferred student with excellent grades, great at sports."
"Just be Kaname Madoka like you've always been."
"Even from now on."

Last edited by sirn; 2010-11-11 at 13:31.
sirn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
despair, hope, madoka magica, magical girl, urobuchi gen