Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-03-05, 09:56   Link #1
yamato_D
Nazo no Tenshi

strongest of whitebeard's crew?

i had thought for a while that ace was whitebeard's strongest subordinate, but he's only the leader of his second corps. so this would imply that there is a first corps, right? so it just seems like the commander of the first corps would be stronger than ace. this is pure speculation ofcourse. any thoughts?
Old 2006-03-05, 11:12   Link #2
Slayerx

I imagine that Whitebeard himself is the leader of the first corps
Old 2006-03-14, 18:28   Link #3
Qre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx
I imagine that Whitebeard himself is the leader of the first corps
Yea im with Slayerx...
Old 2007-10-28, 16:49   Link #4
Red-hair Pirate
Banned

marco
Spoiler for episode:
Old 2007-10-28, 17:19   Link #5
Master Mold
Banned

Whitebeard ios the strongest, he runs them all, Marco is 2nd strongest for being the 1st commander.
Old 2007-10-29, 15:19   Link #6
sanzo
33million Humming Brook

this is not hard people whitebeard is obviously the strongest on his crew seeing how he is the captain
Old 2007-10-29, 19:04   Link #7
Master Mold
Banned

Or seeing how he is the Strongest man in the world.
Old 2007-10-30, 05:09   Link #8
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

He asked who WB's strongest crew member is. Its obvious WB, the captain is strongest. Marco is 1st Division commander.

In my opinion, Ace is the strongest member of WB's crew, after WB. His power speaks for itself. Until we see what the 1st and 3rd division commanders are capable of, it should be assumed Ace is the most powerful.
Old 2007-10-30, 13:00   Link #9
kadenza

Quote:
Originally Posted by MihawkXGP View Post
He asked who WB's strongest crew member is. Its obvious WB, the captain is strongest. Marco is 1st Division commander.

In my opinion, Ace is the strongest member of WB's crew, after WB. His power speaks for itself. Until we see what the 1st and 3rd division commanders are capable of, it should be assumed Ace is the most powerful.
y should it b assumed? in OP the strongest in a pirate crew are usually shown by their rank in it [e.g. Zorro] apart from a few exception [BB and possibly sanji, but zorro seems to show more monstorously devastating strength then him so far], all we know is Ace is really strong that doesnt mean marco isnt stronger, especailly when considering his rank in wb pirates.
Old 2007-10-30, 16:52   Link #10
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadenza View Post
y should it b assumed? in OP the strongest in a pirate crew are usually shown by their rank in it [e.g. Zorro] apart from a few exception [BB and possibly sanji, but zorro seems to show more monstorously devastating strength then him so far], all we know is Ace is really strong that doesnt mean marco isnt stronger, especailly when considering his rank in wb pirates.
Since when does being leader of a certain division imply you are stronger? Neither have shown anything so far, to suggest they are stronger than Ace. Ace, his power speaks for itself.
Views can change, i'm sticking to mine.
Old 2007-10-31, 03:30   Link #11
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by MihawkXGP View Post
Since when does being leader of a certain division imply you are stronger? Neither have shown anything so far, to suggest they are stronger than Ace.
Mainly because of the model being used to distribute the crew members into different divisions. This is not a typical group of pirates where there is one captain and other rankless members. You have different divisions each having their own leaders.

In a typical pirate crew, if you are assigned to a division, as a typical pirate, which one would you want to follow, a stronger pirate or a weaker one? Blackbeard was an exception because of his hidden motive, there shouldn't normally be other exceptions. If Sanji and Zoro would be considered for a position like that, they would fight for the position to decide on who would be the leader. They wouldn't want to give the leadership position to a weaker person (unless it involves a weakness for the pirate, for instance Sanji voting for a female leader regardless of the strength). Also note that, you normally expect the leadership position to be approved by the captain himself. And I doubt he would do favors that would cause trouble within the crew.
Old 2007-10-31, 03:48   Link #12
shankss
CP10

I think Marco is quite something since even Shanks wants him too.Until now Blackbeard was like a simple grunt and now he is a monster, who knows if marco has some devil fruit or not? If ace is strongest then sending your strongest crew member after a killer for long time is not good idea even for whitebeard, lackness of your strongest nakama must be a great advantage for enemy pirates and world goverment attacks
Old 2007-10-31, 03:57   Link #13
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankss View Post
If ace is strongest then sending your strongest crew member after a killer for long time is not good idea even for whitebeard,
Ace went after Blackbeard, because Blackbeard belonged to his division. Hence, it was his duty, to go after him as the division leader.
Old 2007-10-31, 04:30   Link #14
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazelyt View Post
Mainly because of the model being used to distribute the crew members into different divisions. This is not a typical group of pirates where there is one captain and other rankless members. You have different divisions each having their own leaders.
I think Mihawk was talking more along the lines of compareing the strengths between division leaders, not comparing a division leader to the crew under him. As in, should we assume Ace is weaker than Marco because Marco is the leader of the 1st division while Ace is leader of the second?

One could argue that we may not be able to do so on the idea is that we don't know if the numbered divsions are just numbered like that to point out which is the oldest division or if they are numbered by strength... Does Whitebeard just take his strongest members and randomly place them in the head of divisions whereever there's a vacancy, or does he put them in order of strongest to weakest?

both could be argued... for the sake of the readers, it's simipiler to just think the division leaders are order from strongest to weakest, thus Marco is the strongest... However, it would actually be more pratical to not do that and instead just place strong crew members wherever there's a vancacy... For instance, lets say, whitebeard only has 4 divisions... now if Ace was killed by Blackbeard, the 2nd seat is vacant... If the leaders are ordered from strongest to weakest, than the 3rd leader will need to become the new 2nd, the 4th leader will need to become the new 3rd leader, and the 5th strongest memember will ned to be promoted to the 4th division; that's a lot of seat changes to fill in one spot... not to mention, this can cause troubles since now the former 3rd and 4th leader will be leading a crew members they never lead before and haven't worked AS closely with; which could cause some problems... in the alternative method, the 3rd and 4th leaders stay where they are and lead the same poeple they always lead, and the 5th strongest member is promoted to lead the 2nd division... it's less complicated and more efficant...

One mehtod makes things easier for the readers, and the other method is more practical and believable. grant it, considering this is a shonen series, i'm inclined to think Oda would go with the strength method for the divisions... it is afterall what he did for Baroque works agents... though granted, the agents didn't have the responcibility of leading poeple as they just operated in pairs.
Old 2007-11-09, 11:51   Link #15
MasterX

Well, ladies and gentlemen, (Who am I kidding... gentlemen)

It seems obvious to me who the strongest Whitebeard Pirate would be, considering the topic was "Strongest of the Whitebeard Pirates". My theory is that since the Captain is the World Strongest Man and that the Captain DOES count because he's the guy that RUNS the entire syndicate, Edward is rightfully the strongest Whitebeard Pirate.

I believe that my answer's flawless. Prove me wrong.
Old 2007-11-11, 16:44   Link #16
Atheuz

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterX View Post
Well, ladies and gentlemen, (Who am I kidding... gentlemen)

It seems obvious to me who the strongest Whitebeard Pirate would be, considering the topic was "Strongest of the Whitebeard Pirates". My theory is that since the Captain is the World Strongest Man and that the Captain DOES count because he's the guy that RUNS the entire syndicate, Edward is rightfully the strongest Whitebeard Pirate.

I believe that my answer's flawless. Prove me wrong.
Yes, notice how it says "Whitebeard's crew", e.g it doesn't include Whitebeard himself, but his crew. Because really, it's a dumb topic that's completely pointless if you have it your way, obviously Whitebeard is the strongest of them all, but that isn't what this topic is about.

Win.
Old 2007-11-12, 21:13   Link #17
Bari_Phillis
It's a.... BEAM!

Spoiler for OMGEEEEEE!:
Old 2008-10-06, 04:25   Link #18
Earthling77

We are not sure 100% if Marco is stronger than Ace. Sometimes OP has shown ranks according to power in some organization, like in Baroque Works. Luffy vs Mr 0, Zorro vs Mr 1, Sanji vs Mr 2.. But Spandam in CP9 is really a trash compared to his monstrous members. I agree with shankss, if Shanks wants him, than he must be something.
Old 2008-10-06, 09:33   Link #19
BlackNhite
Best of both worlds

Location: A land far, far away... or very, very close, depends on where you live
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bari_Phillis View Post
Spoiler for OMGEEEEEE!:
Thankfully no...

Spoiler for Character situation:
Old 2008-10-07, 16:17   Link #20
holypanl
Well Rounded Critic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bari_Phillis View Post
Spoiler for OMGEEEEEE!:
Nope...H'es scheduled to die 1 week from now in the One Piece - verse as of chapter 517.

My take on the strongest man on the WB crew? I say its Marco, too. He just seems that way, for some reason. I know Ace is REALLY strong. But Marco has the edge of assumed experience. I don't have any evidence, but he is known by Shanks. AND wanted by shanks.

I think that's good enough rep for me.

He must be hella beast...

But we haven't seen all the Corps commanders yet, right? Ace, Marco, and two more are missing, right? I imagine they're probably really strong, too. Whitebeard has a fleet, with each ship captained by a corps commander. The Shichibukai and Admirals are charging into something they can't handle...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atheuz
Yes, notice how it says "Whitebeard's crew", e.g it doesn't include Whitebeard himself, but his crew. Because really, it's a dumb topic that's completely pointless if you have it your way, obviously Whitebeard is the strongest of them all, but that isn't what this topic is about.

Win.
One Piece WN3D

First they went for communists: and I didn't speak out, not being a communist;
Then they came for trade unionists, and I said naught because I wasn't a trade unionist;
Then they came for the Jews: and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Jew;

Then they came for me!
...and there was no one left to speak out for me.
Closed Thread