AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2007-12-17, 04:01   Link #1321
Jinto
Asuki-tan Kairin ↓

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post
Oh, I bet you could probably order a refinery to go with it. The cost of shipping would be astronomical, though.
Just buy 12,000 washing machines, should work as well
Old 2007-12-18, 13:22   Link #1322
aka Providence
(; ,;) fthagn

Send a message via AIM to aka Providence Send a message via Yahoo to aka Providence
here now is a bunch of religious pics:

and for something completely different:
Spoiler for so very wrong...:
aka Providence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-18, 13:28   Link #1323
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈÇΈ is the Best !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aka Providence View Post
OMG !! This So wrong Bankai........
Is Cosplaying (Shirley) Or (Karen)...?
Old 2007-12-18, 13:43   Link #1324
Grimkill7
Inattentive Dreamer

Quote:
and for something completely different:
Ahh. You gotta appreciate a good Code Geass/Bleach mixture, no matter how disturbing it may be.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chaos
I believe that is making fun of the infamous Nina/table incident so I'd have to say it's Nina.

Well, I decided to post a holiday video since it seems like the perfect time.
Spoiler for The Little Christmas Tree:

Also, here is a random lazy cat who suspiciously resembles Garfield.
Spoiler for Lazy Cat:
Grimkill7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-18, 15:24   Link #1325
Dxon
Inactive Member

[/QUOTE]

That is just so very wrong... Pictures came up in my mind but I dont want to see those pictures in my mind!

Other ones are real great!
Dxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-18, 19:41   Link #1326
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chaos View Post
OMG !! This So wrong Bankai........
Neither. It's Nina. She did that, though her magazine was open to a picture of Euphemie.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-18, 20:24   Link #1327
Zero Shinohara
I'll keep walking.
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to Zero Shinohara
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimkill7

Truly a great moment in humanity.

HOLY SARDINE!

Sometimes I look back and think to myself, "how the hell did I manage to screw this up?"
Zero Shinohara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-19, 01:21   Link #1328
aka Providence
(; ,;) fthagn

Send a message via AIM to aka Providence Send a message via Yahoo to aka Providence
not sure if this is a repost, but here are: 7 bizzare moments involving online gaming!

Quote:
1. Legend of Mir 3 player stabs fellow gamer to death

Back in 2005 Qiu Chengwei, a 41 years-old Shanghai resident, stabbed fellow gamer Zhu Caoyuan repeatedly in the chest, causing his death. The reason? Zhu sold the “dragon sabre,” a weapon that they won jointly in the MMORPG (Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game).

According to the China Daily, Qiu Chengwei went to the police first, but after being told that virtual items were not protected by law, he decided to make “justice” with his own hands.

Qiu Chengwei received a life sentence.

2. Brazilian gang kidnap top GunBound player

Earlier this year four Brazilian men, with ages between 19 and 28, developed a plan to steal the game password of a GunBound (an online multiplayer game) top player. The objective was to sell the game account on the Internet for $8,000.

The first step was to get the girlfriend of Igor, head of the gang, in contact with the GunBound player. They accomplished that via Google’s social networking site Orkut, which is extremely popular in Brazil. After exchanging messages for a couple of days, the girl asked the boy to meet her at a shopping center.

He went, but instead of the girl he found Igor waiting for him, armed with a gun. They took the GunBound player away, and here comes the bizarre part. After five hours of interrogation at gun point, the boy was still determined to not reveal his password, so the four men released him.

The boy went to the police, who arrested all the gang members.

3. Girl dies playing World of Warcraft

Back in 2005 a Chinese girl nicknamed “Snowly” died of exhaustion after playing the MMORPG World of Warcraft for three days in a row. She was preparing to kill the Black Dragon Prince, other players explained, hence why she had no time to rest between the game sessions.

Interestingly enough, her fellow game players held a virtual funeral inside the game, as reported by Yahoo News China.

4. Teenager arrested for stealing virtual furniture

A couple of weeks ago a seventeen year-old boy stole almost $6000 worth of virtual furniture in the online game Habbo Hotel. Habbo is a virtual world where people can create houses and other scenarios, but the items need to be purchased with real money.

The company alleged that the boy, with the help of some friends, created a website to lure other players into revealing their passwords. After that it was just a matter of logging into the game and transferring the furniture into his own room.

It would be a perfect crime, except that the police (the real one) was called and the boy was arrested.

5. Belgian Police decides to patrol Second Life after virtual rape case

The details about the case were not revealed, but two Belgian newspapers reported early this year that the Belgian Police would setup an in-game patrol unit to investigate virtual rape incidents.

Absurd as it sounds, the event spurred a myriad of discussions around the web, from sexologists arguing that even virtual rape can be a traumatic experience to online gamers that wondered the technical details that enabled a virtual rape to occur in the first place (in fact it is hard to conceive how someone would not be able to simply turn the computer off…).

6. A plague ravages World of Warcraft

In the middle of 2005 Blizzard introduced a new area to its popular MMORPG, World of Warcraft. The boss of the area was able to cast a spell called Corrupted Blood, which was supposed to infect and cause damage to all the players nearby.

Contrary to what Blizzard planned, however, the players remained infected even when they returned to their towns, contaminating pretty much everyone around them. The plague spread through the game servers and thousands of players died.

Blizzard manage to create quarantine zones within the game, and shortly afterwards it introduced a “cure” for the infection. Despite the remedies the event created a lot of buzz in online forums and community websites.

7. Boy Saves Sister from Moose Attack with Skills Learned in Warcraft Video Game

Hans Jørgen Olsen and his sister got into a spot of trouble when they encroached on the territory of one of these antlered cold weather staples (otherwise known as a moose). When the beast went on the offensive, Hans knew the first thing he had to do was taunt it so that it would leave his sister alone and she could run to safety. "Taunting" is a move one uses in World of Warcraft to get monsters off of the less-well-armored team members.

Once he was a target, Hans remember another skill he'd picked up at level 30 in 'World of Warcraft' -- he feigned death. The moose lost interest in the inanimate Hans and wandered off into the woods. When he was safely alone Hans ran back home to share his tale of video game-inspired survival.

Make fun of video games all you want, but if one can teach you a skill that saves your (and your sister's) life, then we'd say that was a video game worth playing.
not sure either if this should be posted in the silly news thread...
Old 2007-12-19, 01:48   Link #1329
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
not sure if this is a repost, but here are: 7 bizzare moments involving online gaming!

not sure either if this should be posted in the silly news thread...
Probably, but here is fine as well, I think.

I hate to say it, but #5 made me burst out laughing. I mean, come on, that's pathetic for BOTH SIDES of the argument.
Old 2007-12-19, 01:55   Link #1330
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

^
The bit about "Corrupted Blood" debuff in WoW is a little wrong.
Players did not "remain" infected to bring the plague outside of the instance (dungeon).

However, a hunter's (a class played in the game) animal pets could.
Normally the debuff goes away quickly, but some players have figured out to dismiss (temporary tuck away their pets from the game) the pet as soon as it contracted the disease, then move to a heavily populated city, and call the pet back. The pet will come back WITH the plague intact, then all the NPC (non-player characters, vendors, etc) as well as players nearby contracted the disease.
Although not instantly life threatening to higher level players, the powerful disease could kill any lower level players instantly, and since even the bank cashiers and roaming guards of the city could contract the disease, the cities quickly turned into a death-ridden corpse-lying-everywhere chaotic mess. It rendered the game impossible to play for anyone not high level, until Bilzzard patched the game so the pets could no longer be contaminated by the disease.
Old 2007-12-19, 02:00   Link #1331
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
^
The bit about "Corrupted Blood" debuff in WoW is a little wrong.
Players did not "remain" infected to bring the plague outside of the instance (dungeon).

However, a hunter's (a class played in the game) animal pets could.
Normally the debuff goes away quickly, but some players have figured out to dismiss (temporary tuck away their pets from the game) the pet as soon as it contracted the disease, then move to a heavily populated city, and call the pet back. The pet will come back WITH the plague intact, then all the NPC (non-player characters, vendors, etc) as well as players nearby contracted the disease.
Although not instantly life threatening to higher level players, the powerful disease could kill any lower level players instantly, and since even the bank cashiers and roaming guards of the city could contract the disease, the cities quickly turned into a death-ridden corpse-lying-everywhere chaotic mess. It rendered the game impossible to play for anyone not high level, until Bilzzard patched the game so the pets could no longer be contaminated by the disease.
WTF no way.... REALLY?? I can't believe something like that would be posssible in hte first place. That is hilarious.
Old 2007-12-19, 12:43   Link #1332
aka Providence
(; ,;) fthagn

Spoiler for mmm... innuendo (or stuff that's semi-perverted):
Old 2007-12-19, 13:00   Link #1333
siya
An Intellectual Idiot

Location: The Internet, ranging from the World of Warcraft------Deviantart----and much more!..My mostly WoW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post
WTF no way.... REALLY?? I can't believe something like that would be posssible in hte first place. That is hilarious.
Oh yea, but it's the truth. I remember seeing lower lvls die of it, it was halrious..I would get it and just and loose health and just heal myself, and laugh at all the lower lvls because I was living and they wernt. Alot of people hated the corrupted blood, I for one found it entertaining, exspecially when you are bored.
siya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-19, 14:30   Link #1334
Dxon
Inactive Member

Once again everything from above here made me laugh out loud and roll on the floor.

I liked the pics.
Old 2007-12-19, 16:51   Link #1335
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
I have never seen such talent in my life *dies laughing*

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-19, 17:17   Link #1336
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈÇΈ is the Best !!

That was Really Funny..DKz
Poor Guy He made Him Cry...
The Second One Really Make Realize This Talent ...
I Guess He Crazy ...
Old 2007-12-20, 12:11   Link #1337
ohitislove

Haha! He's got a ticket to rahahide
ohitislove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-20, 12:25   Link #1338
Purell

Ha crazy guy!
Purell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-21, 01:40   Link #1339
Kyomi
What do I know?

Am I the only one who got the image of Chiaki Shinichi(Nodame Cantabile) pop through their head while watching the first video?
Old 2007-12-21, 08:08   Link #1340
Dxon
Inactive Member

I didnt find it very funny when I watched those 2.. I didnt laugh at all.. :|

Tags
humor