AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-02-06, 14:06   Link #7641
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/in...ume1_Chapter_4

Drunk Misuzu FTW.

Oh my, did Accelerator just get embarrassed?

Believer of the Great Sumeragi.

One Does Not Simply Make Touma A Good Protagonist ~ The Truth.

"Kyon has set his 'enemy that must be defeated' to be 'bad writing' of the world. The more there is, the stronger his Holy Crack " ~ Chaos2Frozen.
Old 2011-02-06, 15:08   Link #7642
TouMAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methias View Post
Well then it's a matter of word interpretation, which honestly I think what Teh_Ping said was quite reasonable because saying "I'd hate to wait for the translation" would pretty much mean he expects it to see it as soon as possible, even though I would say all people would expect and hope and wish to see it as soon as possible, but he should learn how to phrase his wordings into something more positive.

I'm not saying you don't have the right to be frank, but if you were really appreciating the efforts of the fan translators, then might as well keep them happy by giving the extra mile by not making them feel pressured in any way, not that hard right? I mean most of the people are doing fine on it.
I really donīt know why you guys are still arguing about it. I already apologized didnīt I ? English isnīt my first language so Iīm sorry if I put that the wrong way, I really didnīt mean to put any pressure on Fansubbers or anything.
Old 2011-02-06, 17:23   Link #7643
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Kyon View Post
http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/in...ume1_Chapter_4

Drunk Misuzu FTW.

Oh my, did Accelerator just get embarrassed?
Drunk Misuzu even got the best of Index how strong is this one when drunk...
Old 2011-02-06, 21:28   Link #7644
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

im not sure if im a little late about this but...

Quote:
Kamijou swore to himself that he would never let Mikoto drink any alcohol.
this appears to say that touma has been thinking to at least keep "hanging out"with mikoto.
Old 2011-02-06, 21:52   Link #7645
outerelf

Quote:
Originally Posted by TouMAN View Post
I really donīt know why you guys are still arguing about it. I already apologized didnīt I ? English isnīt my first language so Iīm sorry if I put that the wrong way, I really didnīt mean to put any pressure on Fansubbers or anything.
... It's just that you sent off a spark to the flame war. Sorry that you feel bad about this, but translating and translators are a touchy subject around in this forum.

Thanks for apologizing though! I'm sure Teh_Ping appreciates it.
Old 2011-02-06, 22:30   Link #7646
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeniselv View Post
this appears to say that touma has been thinking to at least keep "hanging out"with mikoto.
'Protecting Mikoto' just happens to include the dangers of Alcoholism

Well, however you want to look at it, at least Touma's thinking long terms.
Old 2011-02-06, 22:48   Link #7647
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
'Protecting Mikoto' just happens to include the dangers of Alcoholism

Well, however you want to look at it, at least Touma's thinking long terms.
*Mikoto overhears Chaos2Frozen talking*

Chaos: Well, however you want to look at it, at least Touma's thinking long terms.

Mikoto: (deep blush) What?! Long terms?! A...a ring?!! Has he decided where our house will be??!! Our kids' names??!!

..........sorry, I couldn't resist. That line practically begged for this.
Old 2011-02-07, 00:26   Link #7648
EvilSamurai

SS1 chapter 4 part 4 is up!
part 4
Old 2011-02-07, 00:43   Link #7649
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

Shit just got real.

"I’ll save her in the way that’s farthest from what one would call “saving”. There’s going to be blood everywhere."

"Kyon has set his 'enemy that must be defeated' to be 'bad writing' of the world. The more there is, the stronger his Holy Crack " ~ Chaos2Frozen.
Old 2011-02-07, 01:42   Link #7650
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilSamurai View Post
SS1 chapter 4 part 4 is up!
part 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Kyon View Post
Shit just got real.

"I’ll save her in the way that’s farthest from what one would call “saving”. There’s going to be blood everywhere."
Oi vey.

Kenshin Himura and Vash the Stampede are crying in their sleep. Even Ichigo Kurosaki feels the disturbance in the Force.
Old 2011-02-07, 02:13   Link #7651
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

What Accelerator really needs is Darth Vader as his sidekick. Best friends forever material right there.

Old 2011-02-07, 10:22   Link #7652
Methias

Quote:
Originally Posted by TouMAN View Post
I am sorry if I offended you but I'm very well aware that you apologized, but my post was never intended to direct at you but the person I quoted.

On topic: Since there is a summary out, does it mean that it is the only one for now until leaks or they will release some as it nears the release date?
Old 2011-02-07, 23:29   Link #7653
EvilSamurai

part 5-7 is up for SS1 chapter 4
parts 5-7
Old 2011-02-07, 23:41   Link #7654
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

“Heeeellllloooo, you fuckers.”

Hamazura’s shoulders suddenly twitched.
Even with the horrible sound quality of the radio, he could tell. This clearly wasn’t one of his comrades. He could tell because a voice that sounded like metal being rubbed together wasn’t something you heard every day. And whoever it was wasn’t trying to disguise their voice in the slightest.

“Listen up all of you. I’m going to be giving you a nice day trip to heaven. Oh, and it’s quite a nice one, too. You’ll probably like it so much you’ll never want to come back. I suppose I’ll start by giving you a nice near-death experience.”

After speaking, the radio cut off.

And then…

A succession of gunshots pierced Hamazura’s ears.

Yup, they're fucked.

Old 2011-02-08, 07:25   Link #7655
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuku View Post
Summary for New Testament is out.

ローマ正教の暗部『神の右席』最後の一人、フィアンマがロシアから起こした第三
次世界大戦は、上条当麻の活躍により終結した。彼の、消失と共に。
ここは上条当麻が存在しない世界。
魔術サイドは再編・改善がすすみ、信徒たちには安息の日々が訪れていた。

科学サイド総本山の学園都市では、最強の超能力者・一方通行(アクセラレータ)が、『闇』と手 を切り、打ち 止め(ラストオーダー)や番外個体(ミサカワースト)と共に騒がしくも穏やかな日常を過ごして いた。そこに は『グループ』の影も無い。

元スキルアウトの無能力者・浜面仕上は、ロシアで手に入れた『闇』との交渉材料を懐に、絹旗、 滝壺、そして 帰ってきた麦野と共に新生『アイテム』を結成、活動を再開する。闇からの『卒業生』たちは、平 穏を手に入れ たのだ。

――凶悪な『新入生』が、彼らの前に現れるまでは。

Translation would be appreciated. Too much for me.
The Third World War that final member of the Roman Catholic Church's secret organization God's Right Seat Fianma sparked off from Russia has been ended by the efforts of Kamijyo Touma. With that, he vanished. this is a world where Kamijyo Touma does not exist. With the Magic Side regrouping, the Sabbath for their followers has arrived.

In the headquarters of the Science Side, Academy City the strongest Level 5 Esper Accelerator has washed his hands off the "Darkness." Along with Last Order and Misaka Worst, he passes both noisy and gentle, calm days. There is no sign of GROUP.

Skill Out's Level 0 Hamazura Shiage with the negotiating materials pertaining to the Darkness he acquired in Russia has returned and formed the new ITEM with Kinuhata, Takitsubo and Mugino and began their operations. Peace has come to the hands of the alumnus of Academy's Dark Side at last.

A new evil character appears before them.
Old 2011-02-08, 07:57   Link #7656
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

After reading your translation, this is starting to feel less like a side story, and more like a new beginning... Like Shippuden, though I don't think the time skip is that big here.

A fresh start on a clean slate.
Old 2011-02-08, 08:12   Link #7657
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

What's interesting as well is that Cosmic Eagle did not translate 新入生 as "freshman".

It still baffles me as to who is the "freshman" is. Don't tell me that it is Touma because it's the most probable answer to this question; I was expecting it to be someone working for Aleister Crowley, an original member of the Golden Dawn, or even someone from A Certain High School (Tsuchimikado or Aogami perhaps?).
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2011-02-08, 08:41   Link #7658
tsunade666

I wish for the freshmen to be Kamijou Otohime.(did I get he name right?)
Touma's cousin.

I just can't think of Touma's family being normal if the kid is beyond normal.
Old 2011-02-08, 08:45   Link #7659
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

It's Tatsugami Otohime.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2011-02-08, 08:59   Link #7660
IppoTsuko
Acadamy City's Number One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
What's interesting as well is that Cosmic Eagle did not translate 新入生 as "freshman".

It still baffles me as to who is the "freshman" is. Don't tell me that it is Touma because it's the most probable answer to this question; I was expecting it to be someone working for Aleister Crowley, an original member of the Golden Dawn, or even someone from A Certain High School (Tsuchimikado or Aogami perhaps?).
the freshman might be Odin (did i got it right?) which if i'm not wrong, held the title of majin?

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen