AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kannagi

Notices

View Poll Results: Kannagi - Episode 3 Rating
Perfect 10 7 18.42%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 17 44.74%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 10 26.32%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 7.89%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 2.63%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-10-24, 11:06   Link #1
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Kannagi - Episode 3 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Kannagi, Episode 3.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
Spoiler Policy
  • Any spoiler that reveals future events, even under a spoiler tag, will be deleted.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2008-10-24, 11:45   Link #2
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

This episode was quite a bit more complicated as it had to introduce much of the rest of the cast. The art club (shades of Sketchbook) is full of dysfunctional people and a pair of senpai that initially made me very irritable until they revealed more of their personalities. Again a lot of excellent animation, to the point I'm wondering if some of the middle episodes will have to be stick-puppets or shadow theatre to recover budget. Kudos to the director if he survives

Hilarious take on the "school's haunted house" and the way it set up Nagi's crisis of self. Liked the way the director overlay the ED with the introduction of Nagi's sibling.

Gave it an "8" mostly because the episode felt less other-worldly than the first two episodes, so that was purely subjective. Its also seems like any romance will be muted in the remainder of the story based on the conversation between Tsugumi and Nagi and the introduction of the problems that Nagi has to contend with. Not a bad thing, but I'm a sucker for romance. Oh, and "advantage to Tsugumi", fight-o.
Old 2008-10-24, 13:00   Link #3
Haru~
My Lovely Bunny Chie

Yah the animation is top notch since the first episode which is good. You know I'm sensing a little Yandere type on Tsugumi ......... or is it just me? But Kannagi's yuriish approach turned me on. OMG.
Old 2008-10-24, 13:45   Link #4
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Seems like I am following Vexx lead still... Gave it an 8... It is slightly less as good as the first two but enjoyable nevertheless.
Old 2008-10-24, 14:16   Link #5
JMvS
Rawrrr!

Gave it a 9, as I felt it was a little inferior to the previous episodes.

Animation quality didn't retain the same impact, but maybe it's just that I'm getting used to the high standard of the 2 first episodes.

I liked the introduction of the art club members (especially Akiba), despite an initial weird feeling coming from the 2 girls.
Nagi's infiltration in the school grounds, and the avoided hug were priceless.
The haunted old school compound part left me a little unphazed, but at the end Nagi's desperate run and her meeting her sister mingled with the ED theme was definitly beautiful.
Old 2008-10-24, 15:34   Link #6
rainnydaiis
Let it Rain

Send a message via MSN to rainnydaiis
I ended up giving it a 10, just because I felt like it was an episode I could rewatch over and over again, just for the sheer goodness of nagi ^^
Old 2008-10-24, 18:22   Link #7
uis

Gave it 9... Sure good and Art member sure good at playing prank...

-It is okay if you are weak. I will grab your hand and realize your dream-
Old 2008-10-24, 22:39   Link #8
Oxtail

I really like Tsugumi. She reminds me of Sakura from Oinari-sama...except less paranoid.
Old 2008-10-24, 23:50   Link #9
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainnydaiis View Post
I ended up giving it a 10, just because I felt like it was an episode I could rewatch over and over again, just for the sheer goodness of nagi ^^
I've given up rating episodes -- I just end up feeling unsure and inconsistent -- but I can sure relate to your thing about rewatching. I've rewatched every episode, some several times. They are so full of all kinds of goodness.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2008-10-25, 03:21   Link #10
tzia_n
Lurker

Send a message via Yahoo to tzia_n
ep 3 was hilarious and very enjoyable. my only complain was that the art felt inconsistent. on some scenes the characters' bodies looked liked various shapes disjointed together, it wasn't as smooth. the body proportions were also off on some scenes (length of limbs etc)
Old 2008-10-25, 10:09   Link #11
Falkor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
I've given up rating episodes -- I just end up feeling unsure and inconsistent -- but I can sure relate to your thing about rewatching. I've rewatched every episode, some several times. They are so full of all kinds of goodness.
I gave up on ratings as well, almost for the same reasons. It feels a bit redundant to give a show a numerical value, add and subtract some points for who knows what reasons; and sometimes end up forgetting the most important thing: whether or not I enjoyed the said episode or show--and why. And it doesn't really make for a good discussion either: why a 9 and not a 10, or why a 1 and not a 3... it's distracting, in my opinion...
Old 2008-10-25, 21:02   Link #12
HandofFate

The other character introductions were enjoyable. Not a fan of the actual story content though for this episode.
Added a few pts for the end though.

Spoiler for End episode:
Old 2008-10-27, 12:24   Link #13
nikorai

Send a message via ICQ to nikorai
Watched episode 3. #4 is yet to go.
Beside what's been discussed so far.
The magazine about cats features a cat with balls on the front page. The kanji are translated into 'a collection of paw prints (literally, paw soles)'

Spoiler:

personal page at nikorai1.narod.ru

Last edited by nikorai; 2008-10-27 at 12:36.
Old 2008-10-27, 12:48   Link #14
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Loved the episode. Tsugumi's little victory dance was just too darn funny, I loved it.

Old 2008-10-27, 13:47   Link #15
NightShade99
Naughty & Nice

I liked this episode but it lacked emotion as compared to
first two episode, I found this episode to be great nevertheless though ^_^

Old 2008-10-30, 21:29   Link #16
Mushi
Hopeless Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tzia_n View Post
ep 3 was hilarious and very enjoyable. my only complain was that the art felt inconsistent. on some scenes the characters' bodies looked liked various shapes disjointed together, it wasn't as smooth. the body proportions were also off on some scenes (length of limbs etc)
I also noticed this. Because the quality has been so outstanding, the sudden inconsistency, in some places, was like hitting an unexpected speed bump. It was almost jarring. Perhaps a little hiccup in the production schedule led to some rushed work.

Otherwise, it continues to be wonderful. The side-step of the flying hug was indeed priceless. And with the angry reaction of the guys around them, the way Jin dismisses them with "We're related" and drags Nagi off was great. The sparring between them was so spontaneous and funny.

I wouldn't write off Nagi developing feelings for Jin because of how she acted with Tsugumi. Nagi picked up on Tsugumi's concerns right away and immediately shifted into that faux yuri mode. I think it was an act to keep Tsugumi from assuming anything about her living arrangement with Jin.
Old 2008-11-20, 08:44   Link #17
typhonsentra

I'm watching right now and I just got to the part with the "Akiba Freak" and felt like commenting on him.... I know so many people just like him. Myself included, maybe.

They totally captured the "self-conscious geek who doesn't want to be grouped with other non-self-conscious geeks".
Closed Thread