AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-03-17, 21:25   Link #1
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Tokyo Magnitude 8.0 (BONES)

http://tokyo-m8.com/

New TV anime series from BONES announced. It's a story about two siblings and a single mother trying to survive together after a massive earthquake hits Tokyo during the Summer vacation changing everyone's lives forever.

The production is by BONES and Kinema Citrus (who are working on the animation production of the E7 movie), and the director is Masaki Tachibana. The series will start in July on FujiTV on the Noitamana time slot.

Last edited by monir; 2009-03-19 at 12:09. Reason: Poster added!
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-17, 21:33   Link #2
Crisano

Oh, is this original or is it based on someone's work?

Well, the character designs are really different from BONES' other work. Pretty charming in its own way.

So far I'm sold. Music was great.
Crisano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-17, 21:38   Link #3
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Original work it seems.
Old 2009-03-17, 21:46   Link #4
solomon

Anyone know anything about this Kinema Circus group?
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-17, 21:55   Link #5
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

OK... this actually sounds and looks "out of the ordinary"... one of my many eyes put on it.
Old 2009-03-18, 04:52   Link #6
aardvark

I think this will probably be similar to Chiko, in that the character designs, planning etc, is done by Bones itself and then the animation will be done with Cinema Citrus (with maybe Bones doing the OP and ED themselves)

Quote:
Originally Posted by solomon View Post
Anyone know anything about this Kinema Circus group?
Cinema Citrus. A very new animation studio I believe that just recently formed. They began by working with Bones on the E7 movie, and Bones helped them with recruitment about a year ago.

They've done production support on a few episodes here and there in the past year too, like on Ryoko's Case Files.

There was some misunderstanding that they were actually a new Bones studio that was founded to work on E7 (like Gainax and Khara), but its pretty obvious its a seperate studio, though obviously with some sort of connection to Bones I would guess, as they helped them with recruiting and have been working with them since...
aardvark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-18, 04:57   Link #7
_gallo_

Looks like Kamichu meets A spirit of th Sun (or maybe Dragon Head).

[... the secret of the Great Stories is that they have no secrets. The Great Stories are the ones you have heard and want to hear again. The ones you can enter anywhere and inhabit comfortably. They don't deceive you with thrills and trick endings. They don't surprise you with the unforeseen.. They are as familiar as the house you live in. Or the smell of your lover's skin. You know how they end yet you listen as though you don't. In the way that you know that one day you will die, you live as though you won't. In the Great Stories you know who lives, who dies, who finds love, who doesn't. And yet you want to know again. That is their mystery and their magic. ...] Arundhati Roy
_gallo_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-18, 05:35   Link #8
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

I doubt it will be nearly as dark and gritty as Dragon Head, but it looks interesting to say the least.
Old 2009-03-18, 05:52   Link #9
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Oh, I also feel like watching it!
Old 2009-03-18, 06:39   Link #10
the.Merines
Seeker of Power

Send a message via AIM to the.Merines Send a message via MSN to the.Merines
Oho, now this interests me. Been a while since I've indulged in a series that isn't mecha or overdramatic romance... ^^;
Old 2009-03-18, 06:50   Link #11
miss-deep
mogu mogu

This really does look interesting, both in a visual and thematic sense.
miss-deep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-18, 07:27   Link #12
manuloz

Quote:
Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
I think this will probably be similar to Chiko, in that the character designs, planning etc, is done by Bones itself and then the animation will be done with Cinema Citrus (with maybe Bones doing the OP and ED themselves)

Cinema Citrus. A very new animation studio I believe that just recently formed. They began by working with Bones on the E7 movie, and Bones helped them with recruitment about a year ago.

They've done production support on a few episodes here and there in the past year too, like on Ryoko's Case Files.

There was some misunderstanding that they were actually a new Bones studio that was founded to work on E7 (like Gainax and Khara), but its pretty obvious its a seperate studio, though obviously with some sort of connection to Bones I would guess, as they helped them with recruiting and have been working with them since...
Actually, studio Dogakobo ( Ryoko's Case Files) also shared the recruit announcement on its webpage, maybe there another connection here ?
Kinema Citrus has also is own show on the plate like Hige Piyo comming on april :
http://www.higepiyo-tv.com/
manuloz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-18, 07:44   Link #13
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
Originally Posted by manuloz View Post
Actually, studio Dogakobo ( Ryoko's Case Files) also shared the recruit announcement on its webpage, maybe there another connection here ?
Kinema Citrus has also is own show on the plate like Hige Piyo comming on april :
http://www.higepiyo-tv.com/
BONES was helping with recruitment because they needed to recruit staff to facilitate their production of the animation for the E7 movie. Doga Kobo was helping with recruitment because they needed to recruit staff to facilitate their production of the animation for 1 or 2 episodes of Ryoko Case Files. I think the connection is simply that they're a small new upstart studio, and with no website or portfolio of their own, they rely on the established studios to help them get off their feet. It's a small industry and I'm sure everyone involved have probably worked with each other in the past before. Not too surprising imo.

The real question is *who* Kinema Citrus really is in terms of staff. We don't have any idea at the moment but maybe it'll become more apparent when the animation staff credits show up for the E7 movie and for Tokyo M8 in a few months.
Old 2009-03-18, 08:16   Link #14
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
Awesome. Not the usual harem moe shit. There is still some hope left for anime.
Old 2009-03-18, 09:50   Link #15
7Th
Mixtape

Quote:
Originally Posted by _gallo_ View Post
Looks like Kamichu meets A spirit of th Sun (or maybe Dragon Head).

The design is certainly very reminicent of Kamichu, with the round faces and clean line-art.
7Th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-18, 11:11   Link #16
pulpwin
マギ

So if Kinema Citrus is involved with this, I'm assuming BONES' B Studio should still be working on a seperate project? I'm really, really impressed with how BONES are coping with these projects on such a large scale too.
pulpwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-18, 12:24   Link #17
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

This is certainly going up on my To-Watch list. Something different.

NorthernFallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-18, 12:26   Link #18
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
Count me in.
Old 2009-03-18, 13:09   Link #19
ginrai1984
100% silver voltage

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
Original work it seems.
actually no it isn't!the manga has currently 5 volumes and is licenced in the france by panini!

unfortunately i don't speak french so otherwise this would have been on my reading list!
ginrai1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-18, 13:14   Link #20
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by ginrai1984 View Post
actually no it isn't!the manga has currently 5 volumes and is licenced in the france by panini!

unfortunately i don't speak french so otherwise this would have been on my reading list!
Damn, I need to patch my mangafu.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bones, japan, noitamina, tragedy