AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-04-27, 01:16   Link #101
kira-sama

Send a message via MSN to kira-sama Send a message via Yahoo to kira-sama
i wanna asked
anyone of you already d/l episode 2 which blue storm subs??? did their quality subs is good or not?
kira-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-27, 07:32   Link #102
Ashlotte
Clockwork

^

I did and I have no complaints whatsoever on the translation or quality. With that said ill probably still grab kiss' sub when it comes around since I have a fondness for their translations and our the ones I usually keep on my HD.
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-27, 10:26   Link #103
Burner of Anime
Illegal Additives

How interesting, they made Risa slouch whenever she talks to someone Just say it's the odd mannerism of the vast majority of tall people I know.

Yeah, I'm a bit on the short end

Have a lot of love going into this show at the moment, maybe because of the opposites attract formula for the leads.
Burner of Anime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-27, 23:03   Link #104
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Opposites attract? They are almost identical! Most of their likes and dislikes are the same. The only real differences between them is their height and gender.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-28, 02:59   Link #105
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Ep 2

Truthfully, I'm not a fan of this style of comedy, since I think it lacks wit. But, unlike the first ep, I don't feel like I wasted my time by watching this ep, which is a step in the right direction. Obviously the key is how thoroughly they explore the characters through the romance, and we saw the first glimpses of that in this ep. I'm still not convinced this will be anything special, though.
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-28, 04:01   Link #106
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Episode 1 served to set the situation, episode 2 was more on characters' indepth hence more interesting. Indeed a quite peculiar style of comedy, but I'm liking it enough so far, the show is easy to follow, the gags are cheap but funny, the exaggerations are part of the whole. And besides, they're basing on a trouble that really exhists, like the height complex (the emphasys they put on it sometimes becomes ludicrous, but it serves more as a hilarious relief so I'm fine with it).
I particularly liked the part on the hang on, where Koizumi was asked from a guy : "how tall are you?", because that's exactly how things go. A friend of mine (a girl) is taller than me, and I'm 1,80 m. so not exactly small. She tells me how annoying was at the beginning going out and always being asked (if not joked) about the height. However she got the habit and started gradually to not pay attention at it anymore, certainly asking her that as first thing would make you gain her dislike (just like Koizumi).

I'm also starting to like the accent they use. It makes the series even more particular, on its own , and at least we have a different stereotype of main girl, not the fluffy/cutsy/moe type we see almost everywhere but quite the opposite, rough but warm into the heart. If anything it is a bit refreshing

A reference on the karaoke scene, one of the songs played was the Ending Theme of Kamisama Kazoku : "Toshokan dewa Oshiete Kurenai, Tenshi no Himitsu".
Edit: And as expected there's a link about the two series, other than being both produced by Toei Animation, they share the same Chief Animation Director / Character Design responsible (Hideaki Maniwa) and the same producer (Hiromi Seki).

I'm with Sorrow-k that perhaps this series won't be epic. But I'm sure that watching it will be full worthy its time, especially if it will last 12-13 episodes (I don't see it going longer than that).

Last edited by Pellissier; 2007-04-28 at 06:30.
Pellissier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-28, 06:56   Link #107
katsumi
ghostly member

Lovely Compex feels rather like a light-hearted love story than as complex as Bokura ga ita. I loved the last one, with all its ups and downs and heartwrenching story.
Honestly though, I am enlightened to have something seemingly as easy-going as Lovely Complex on my watch-list for now. It's a break from complicated, emotionpacked romance (I still have the last ten or so episodes of Nana awaiting and there are also Emma Second Act and Sola for my tragedy fix.... that's to say, until now those 2 look like tragedy).

And, like Pellissier said, Risa is definitly a refreshing character seen the cuteness overload that seems to be existing at the moment.
Old 2007-04-28, 07:52   Link #108
Amalia

Send a message via MSN to Amalia
Sure it isn't a dramatic one like Bokura ga Ita but it is a comedy. i really like Lovely complex and ootani he makes me laugh so much. So I will continue watching it and can't wait for the next subbed episode which means the third one.
Amalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-28, 08:17   Link #109
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amalia View Post
Sure it isn't a dramatic one like Bokura ga Ita but it is a comedy.
Yeah, but comedy is so incredibly subjective, arguably moreso than any other genre in anime. You either like it or you don't. Ouran and Nodame Cantabile are what I'd consider great examples of shoujo/josei comedy. This and Honey & Clover... not so, in my eyes.

On the flip side, some people swear by the comedy in H&C. I didn't much care for it, but I thought the drama in that series was immaculate. I can see this just going to be one of those series that manages to draw opinions that differ from person to person.
Old 2007-04-28, 08:45   Link #110
Amalia

Well i didn't consider H&C a comedy one...I mean it was more like drama with some comic lines from time to time... But lovely complex i think it is a comedy...
Old 2007-04-28, 10:14   Link #111
Slice of Life
eyewitness

I said after ep. 1 that Lovely Complex is the 2007 comedy I like best so far and this still stands, even more so. The main characters - both of them! - appear so down-to-earth and real in their imperfectness that you just can't help but feel emotionally attached to them, something that e.g. Hayate and Nagi won't manage in 20 more episodes even though I can chuckle about their hijinx.

About Nodame Cantabile, what is the career of some genius against the happiness of two people? Nah, I understand that people might like it but I personally just can't really relate to these kind of shows. It looked different in the beginning but it would have been better if I had just trusted my prejudices for once.
Slice of Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-29, 10:46   Link #112
magnumcyclonex
Cyclone Magnum

The basketball dribbling was done really well in episode 2. imo, I think it was better than many scenes in Dear Boys.

Love Com seems to be like Kare Kano with the comedy factor. I hope it won't be like Bokura Ga Ita and that there is good character development.
magnumcyclonex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-29, 19:16   Link #113
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slice of Life View Post
About Nodame Cantabile, what is the career of some genius against the happiness of two people? Nah, I understand that people might like it but I personally just can't really relate to these kind of shows. It looked different in the beginning but it would have been better if I had just trusted my prejudices for once.
Being able to relate to (and like) the characters is half the battle to liking a show like NC. Obviously, it's going to be different from person to person, but I love the characters in NC, and I find them incredibly easy to relate to. And I could tell NC was going to be a good watch from the first ep... what I couldn't predict was just how great it turned out to be.
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnumcyclonex View Post
I hope it won't be like Bokura Ga Ita and that there is good character development.
lol what?
Old 2007-05-01, 07:44   Link #114
Amalia

Oh Come on let's face it. bokura Ga Ita was a very good story but the fact that we still don't know what';s going to happen with yano and nana makes you get tired.
Old 2007-05-01, 11:26   Link #115
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I'm thinking this comes closer to REC in comedy style than BgI or H&C --- even though the art style is like some cross between Nana and those two.

But then... I've only seen the first ep and not read the manga so thats just a first impression.
Old 2007-05-01, 19:38   Link #116
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

The Ex-Girlfriend Love Triangle?!

It's been a very looong trek for episode two, but the wait was worth it.

I do really understand how Risa felt on this episode.
Spoiler:
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-01, 19:46   Link #117
Rhaenys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
Spoiler:
Agreed on all three points.
Spoiler:

I don't know if this can even be in the running for my favorite show of the season, because there are just too many good ones. Still, it's right up there with Seirei no Moribito when it comes to how much I look forward to an episode. I can't handle all of the heavier stuff without something like this to balance it out.
Rhaenys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-02, 01:27   Link #118
Amalia

Yep Ootani is a very nice guy... Short but with huge heart. :P
Old 2007-05-02, 02:10   Link #119
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Fingers still crossed... but eps 1 and 2 are not chasing me away. Maybe I'm just so freaking happy to see an unusual girl getting "chance" in a series....
I think their teacher is a hoot as well...
Old 2007-05-02, 07:05   Link #120
outcast_within
pita ten pyjama!

ootani looked like a girl though with those hairclips.

was more disturbing than that is was cute imo
outcast_within is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, romance