AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2009-04-09, 07:11   Link #8581
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Ikeda should break the norm and let Tsukune have a harem ending. His vampire stamina should be able to handle it, lol.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-09, 07:35   Link #8582
noktown

I totally loved this chapter,i like seeing tsukune half ghoul half human makes him look cool ;d

I want him to loose it again and kick some ass
noktown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-09, 10:10   Link #8583
Vikitehwaffu

Anyone read the fanfiction "my Snow Girl"? It's a TsukunexMizore fanfiction that is actually good. Surprised, because most fanfics make me moan in despair.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4583025/1/My_Snow_Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
... my problem with Claymore is lack of a badass male somewhere along the line (I don't know what this sic alled, but most of the series I call 'really good' usually have a guy who's badass in em... when it's women doing all the ass-kickery, it slowly but surely turns me off). Only Raki can save that series for me, else it'll just be on my list of series that I'm reading to say I'm reading them
I don't need a badass male. I am glad it's more badass females, because there aren't enough series with them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
... problem:

You're pulling from TYPE-MOON universe. It has already been established that those series have characters with about 10000x more power than most other series.
It's not just their power. They literally get back up in their stories, even when their body is falling apart and failing. Shiki in the manga is a pretty cool guy, and nice, although I don't really like Shiki in the game. Shirou in the game, while he IS an idiot, isn't a hypocrite and struggles to pursue his dream and protect everyone.
Vikitehwaffu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-09, 10:13   Link #8584
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
eh, I'm going to blame it on my male chauvanistic side that says "men should be stronger than women"... I know, old fashioned and long out of date

Though as someone earlier said, I'm mostly just reading that series to see how the chess masters (i.e., the Organization) is going to play their pieces (the Claymores and other hybrid weapons that have been created) against the other forces (saying anything more here would be huge spoilers)

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-09, 11:06   Link #8585
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

I belive a real man protects his woman at all cost. It doesn't mean we think their weak, its just our duty when in a relationship.
Old 2009-04-09, 11:30   Link #8586
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikitehwaffu View Post
I don't need a badass male. I am glad it's more badass females, because there aren't enough series with them.
Lies, Anime and Manga in the last 5 or so years is nothing but overpowered females with the geeky/normal/sissy males.

I can name dozens of current series with this trend.

The uber male lead is slowly dying as years go by. Why? cause sex sales and the otaku community are majorly male. Through in a series where a bunch of sexy big boobed chicks that throws super fireballs and you got yourself a hot seller.
Old 2009-04-09, 11:37   Link #8587
Vikitehwaffu

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Lies, Anime and Manga in the last 5 or so years is nothing but overpowered females with the geeky/normal/sissy males.

I can name dozens of current series with this trend.

The uber male lead is slowly dying as years go by. Why? cause sex sales and the otaku community are majorly male. Through in a series where a bunch of sexy big boobed chicks that throws super fireballs and you got yourself a hot seller.
I can't think of many good male leads. Name some in the last ten years. And name some GOOD badass chicks, not crappy superpowered girls with big boobs/fanservice.
Old 2009-04-09, 11:40   Link #8588
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Anyone read the fanfiction "my Snow Girl"? It's a TsukunexMizore fanfiction that is actually good. Surprised, because most fanfics make me moan in despair.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4583025/1/My_Snow_Girl
Will look on it when I get home.

Ok Shiki's gonna own Tsukune because of his eyes and the lines of death. Though not unless Tsukune dashes with blazing speed and hits Shiki first. Same goes for Shirou.

Tsukune needs to follow the H route when he's ever made into a game like FSN and Tsukihime.
Old 2009-04-09, 11:41   Link #8589
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
I can't think of many good male leads. Name some in the last ten years. And name some GOOD badass chicks, not crappy superpowered girls with big boobs/fanservice.
Didn't I just say that? Male leads have major suckage lately. thats why to me Tsukune is a breath of fresh air. He doesn't fight for truth justice and blah blah kill evil. He fights to protect his harem, a more realistic reason.

I could name some.

Claire from Claymore
Shana from Shakugan no Shana
Mai from Mai Otome
Revy from Black Lagoon although her body is rather delicious lol *cough*

Should I keep going?
Old 2009-04-09, 11:50   Link #8590
Vikitehwaffu

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
Will look on it when I get home.

Ok Shiki's gonna own Tsukune because of his eyes and the lines of death. Though not unless Tsukune dashes with blazing speed and hits Shiki first. Same goes for Shirou.

Tsukune needs to follow the H route when he's ever made into a game like FSN and Tsukihime.
I doubt that Tsukune can even blitz Shirou or Shiki unless it's early Shirou who can't project anything good. Tsukune just doesn't have anything that can put him down. Shiki has a danger sense and it's very unlikely for him to get tagged.

Quote:
Should I keep going?
Actually, yes. I wouldn't count Shana or Mai as badass at all, but that is just opinion.
Old 2009-04-09, 11:51   Link #8591
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Didn't I just say that? Male leads have major suckage lately. thats why to me Tsukune is a breath of fresh air. He doesn't fight for truth justice and blah blah kill evil. He fights to protect his harem, a more realistic reason.

I could name some.

Claire from Claymore
Shana from Shakugan no Shana
Mai from Mai Otome
Revy from Black Lagoon although her body is rather delicious lol *cough*
Should I keep going?
So delicious...

Ermm...It's true since many anime guys do have that comon thing.

Unlike Tsukune who developed into a badass not, becauses he has WOW I HIDDEN POWERS and Iam the strongest among these girls, but gradually got his powers and developed into an awesome character.

Most male guys would take a beating and later NO SCARS, Tsukune is different, nearly all his battle scars remain intact. The one on his forehead though will be covered by his hair.

*DAMN IT DUDE DRIVE FASTER NEED TO GET HOME QUICK!* lolz
Old 2009-04-09, 11:58   Link #8592
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
I doubt that Tsukune can even blitz Shirou or Shiki unless it's early Shirou who can't project anything good. Tsukune just doesn't have anything that can put him down. Shiki has a danger sense and it's very unlikely for him to get tagged.

Actually, yes. I wouldn't count Shana or Mai as badass at all, but that is just opinion.
Shana not badass? you must be high.

The Sky Girls Cast
Dirty Pair
Alice Malvin; Pumpkin Scissors
Saber FSN
Slayers

I could name more from the top of my head, but too fanservicey for your tastes
Old 2009-04-09, 12:43   Link #8593
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Shana not badass? you must be high.

The Sky Girls Cast
Dirty Pair
Alice Malvin; Pumpkin Scissors
Saber FSN
Slayers

I could name more from the top of my head, but too fanservicey for your tastes
haha porblem here is Revy and the BL cast are in the sense "real" badass females, you can't really compare alot of others with them
I see it as BL females "badass-ness" then "the rest"
I'm not saying there aren't others but BL is what I most remember of.

Most femlae badass leads are a "tamer" kind compared to the like in BL

Even Moka is tamer than Revy

thing with Tsukune is he still got someways to go before I can say he real badass too, he can fanny around little too long at times instead of getting straight to the point(but then thats very common trait amoungst leads in general)

only other male lead I can throw up there with Tsukune of late is Fon-Fon from Chrome Shelled Regios, they are not as common as they used to be.
Old 2009-04-09, 13:55   Link #8594
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:

I count Shana as badass especially for the first 12 eps, after she went all soft. T_T

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-09, 14:03   Link #8595
DeadlySoldier37
The players president

I just read the chapter I though it was a pretty good chapter. It showed how GAR Tsukune can be when you mess around with a member of his own personal harem. I like Tsukune I think he is a good character and always tries his best for his girls. If you think about it Tsukune started as a human so he has made a lot of progress. Plus how can you hate on a character that has so many hot girls on him all the time.
DeadlySoldier37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-09, 14:37   Link #8596
kakakka

Quote:
Plus how can you hate on a character that has so many hot girls on him all the time.
Jealousy....
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-09, 14:40   Link #8597
Sinta

Layfon is pretty badass and he's got quite the harem
Old 2009-04-09, 15:27   Link #8598
X207
Gamyūsa

Quote:
Originally Posted by surerman View Post
She's Yuki Onna right?,so her beauty will remain forever, if she can't get Tsukune, she can aim for the offspring

Spoiler for Tsukune Kid:
lol, actaully he'll say to give up and give in, mizore never lets her attention waver when she focuses on a particular goal. i wonder what power sun is hiding, i really want to find out.
X207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-09, 16:29   Link #8599
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Send a message via MSN to willyvereb
I think not the whimpy/weak male leads but the "submissive" ones are popular lately. Male leads who lets himself dominated by girls.
willyvereb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-09, 18:20   Link #8600
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Feh, times like that, I prefer an American male thrown into the mix - we need a self-confident guy from the get-go. Even if the confidence is just hot air...

If the guy was submissive to only one girl, I could go with that, but enough with the lame 'hand behind the head and laughing weakly' guys.

...this is why we want Gin back in the manga. XD Someone who'd dare to do pelvic thrusts in front of nuns, or dare to actually make a highschool swimsuit edition for the newspaper (that might not be far off from his dream), or anything like that. We need a werewo, I mean, a MAN!!

...okay so maybe just one pelvic thrust...

Tags
action, comedy, ecchi, harem, monogamy, romance, shounen, supernatural, tsumoka romance, vampire