5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 4.55%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2015-05-31, 01:39   Link #61
The Green One

It's interesting to watch the differences and see where they might go with it. As for today's episode I think they captured the homicidal murderous rage of JD pretty well.
The Green One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-31, 01:40   Link #62
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weather View Post
Spoiler for Dem Chills:

My god that face.
That was the exact moment Shalba realized how screwed he was.
Old 2015-05-31, 01:43   Link #63
I Was Just Drifting
So Where Were We?

I don't know about you, but the "cheesy" additions give out the ring of allegory. Rias's nude embrace with Issei reminds me of that bizarrely oedipal scene in Shinmai Maou, but by some stroke of care this truly works. See, Rias decides to go save Issei and becomes Fay Wray in his King Kong grip (she can't let Yuuto or Zenovia risk playing the airplanes). Issei is lost in the rage of his loss and thanks to Loki's curse feels that Reynare has returned as a false angel come to take his shoulder as pulpit. Luckily, he remembers his true angel didn't fall from the sky; she has always stood by that second story window. The point of Rias overtaking Reynare for a place on Issei's shoulder is that losing Asia would make our hero worse, but grants him no carte blanche to make everyone worse in the process.

Ah yes, carte blanche. Entitlement indeed is the true bad guy in this episode. With Reynare we are reminded that Issei was tricked by a girl who "loved" him when he hadn't done anything, a mistake that haunts him frequently. With the old Devil faction honchos we notice they spout constantly of bloodlines as their reason for supremacy (their doomed arrogance is reflected here in their arms being the first parts to go and their mouths the last). Issei's motivations have never stemmed from entitlement; knowing he can love and care for Rias and friends takes precedent over knowing he can wield an almighty dragon in one hand. In JD Issei launches an anger born from grief and enhanced by practice, an anger that is ultimately dispelled here not because another girl shows up as a replacement, but because Issei realizes what happens should he further the cycle of death after curb-stomping Shalba. Your angels will die with you after all.

And what a bro Vali is for letting Rias sort things out after he goes JD to reduce Issei's laser-induced carbon footprint. His reward is a fist bump with Issei. See, even he gets it.
I Was Just Drifting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-31, 02:43   Link #64
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green One View Post
As for today's episode I think they captured the homicidal murderous rage of JD pretty well.
Exactly, but I'm wondering about the various voices when Issei goes into his Juggernaut Drive phase?
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-31, 03:04   Link #65
kukuru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benigmatica View Post
Exactly, but I'm wondering about the various voices when Issei goes into his Juggernaut Drive phase?
Foreshadow for future fplot points.

About not killing asia , you guys are sick viewers. Besides the storytelling problems of killing off asia , devil are not homocital maniacs they are in generic forms aggrogant pricks that like to rub it in your face.

Anyway in dxd and generic explanations devil are categorized by greed and lust. I think someone thinks devils sink to the level of humans☺

Then there is a certain plot point for a while now that Asia's sacred gear has a use to play. If you just kill her outright ....well that's quite a setback as the sacred gear goes bai bai. Almost totally anime out was their master plot to use Asia's twin healing and reverse it into a killing machine. Yes she wasn't just going to be raped by lunatics.

Final the demenional gap is a huge foreshadow ahuh a duh.

So many arm chair wannabe authors these days...
kukuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-31, 04:10   Link #66
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malicre View Post
I would actually hate to see them butcher volumes 9/10/11/12 like they did 6.
never liked 6 to begin with, 7 was my fav, but the anime ruined it for me
I can never get over the arcade fighting like voice of the fighting of DXD, the first time i heard "Boost" called out like an old street fighter game made me laugh.
Still id rather have this kind of adaptation than nothing at all ^^
Old 2015-05-31, 04:37   Link #67
Ernietheracefan

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceHism View Post
Ophis is so cool. Also, deadpan sonoda Umi is worth.

Juggernaut drive was so awesome.

I am pretty satisfied
Preparing for Ophis switch place with Umi fanart..

I like Issei & Vali rivalry, they're respect to each other
Ernietheracefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-31, 07:58   Link #68
Biohazardous

Those here that have not read source should. It is good and gives you better idea of what's going on and why. The voices during the JD change is one. I love that they added that the flashback helps in the future instead of you thinking omg that still like someone already did. Now its not a surprise it still bothers him. Later you find out its full affect on him so read or wait til season 4.
Old 2015-05-31, 09:42   Link #69
The 48th Ronin

Magnificent. Just magnificent. The hype has been justified.

Never thought Lockon Stratos Shalba to be that good looking. Oh, well nice meeting ya.

Oh, and dat Ophis eyecatch. They're trying to milk cash on her this early.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weather View Post
Spoiler for Dem Chills:
A wrong choice, indeed.
The 48th Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-31, 10:58   Link #70
Galaxian

I think what I liked the most about the episode was the Juggernaut Drive's chant.
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-31, 21:10   Link #71
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Moved the latest discussion to the Issei thread since it seemed to be just about him, not about the episode.
CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-31, 22:33   Link #72
debrr07
AniMeLOveR

Something about the ending just isn't sitting well with me

Nonetheless, despite the changes they made from the LN, it still worked

Juggernaut Drive was BEAST...literally and figuratively!
debrr07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-01, 00:26   Link #73
ayanami0000
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chichiryuushintei View Post
It'll be more of a mixture of anime original and canon material.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DmonHiro View Post
Yup, JD was great. But now that I think about it, why DID Shelba send Asia to the void anyway? Why didn't he just blast her?
Id say loved it better that way.
ayanami0000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-01, 06:43   Link #74
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernietheracefan View Post
Preparing for Ophis switch place with Umi fanart..

I like Issei & Vali rivalry, they're respect to each other
Um, let's replace Umi-chan with Kotonoha from School Days. C'mon, her eyes screams Kotonoha!
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-01, 15:37   Link #75
BWTraveller
Born to ship

One thing popped into my mind against my will: "It's just a flesh wound!"

That incomplete juggernaut is really scary, maybe one of the most truly "demonic" looking appearances I've seen in this show.

I must agree that people need to learn that it's not a good idea to tick off someone you know is possessed by a second to top-tier dragon, especially considering that this is a dragon known to far surpass their universe's God and Demon Kings. It's one thing if it's someone whose powers you don't know, or someone who still doesn't actually have any, as in many series, but if you know that you're dealing with someone that awesome, you seriously need to do your best to hit JUST him, without harming anyone or anything that could give him motivation. The villains of this story pretty much have to be sadistic idiots.

One thing I hope, not having read any of the LNs, is that they find a way to get by without continually enhancing Issei's power. Yes, he can still grow some from where he is, but I'd say more focus should be put on learning to master his power so that he can handle these power-ups without nearly killing himself and then use them to their fullest rather than just rampaging out of control, not gaining new "levels" that are ever more powerful. I've seen it done both ways, and I really don't want to see this ever become a DBZ with boobs.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-02, 03:00   Link #76
ayanami0000
Banned

I give it a 9 out 10 points.
Old 2015-06-02, 08:12   Link #77
Biohazardous

BWTraveller I really recommend you read the novels. I know others will back that suggestion. We have almost all of the current volumes translated. The last volume has a few parts translated now and it will be continued near the end of the month. A lot happens to everyone and it's awesome.
Old 2015-06-03, 08:10   Link #78
ayanami0000
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biohazardous View Post
BWTraveller I really recommend you read the novels. I know others will back that suggestion. We have almost all of the current volumes translated. The last volume has a few parts translated now and it will be continued near the end of the month. A lot happens to everyone and it's awesome.
I'll try it, thanks.
Old 2015-06-03, 11:40   Link #79
ImperialFlameGod8190

Well its very late but this was very good. A few things rubbed me the wrong way but only a few still its well done. Lets see how these last few play out ha should be fun

Im the current vice-general of the DxD Army (aka the translators army.
We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-03, 13:36   Link #80
Chichiryuushintei

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
Well its very late but this was very good. A few things rubbed me the wrong way but only a few still its well done. Lets see how these last few play out ha should be fun
This is the kind of comment that makes me want to write THE END IS NEAR in a piece of cardboard and start yelling at people randomly in the street.
Chichiryuushintei is offline   Reply With Quote