AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2013-01-29, 08:46   Link #40041
demino_hellsin
That one guy

@zero: I think it moves. O.o?
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-29, 10:30   Link #40042
agetreme
Just another Idiot

-_- withotuage referring to me right?

Well... my lack of restraint is kind of well-known.

Sorry for being difficult to decipher because I lack the skill and intelligences to make people understand the ideas which I actually wanted to express.

There are some complex stuff which I wanted to work on.

Ideas such as:

The distribution of IS is not as fair as the writer wanted you to think. China and USA are super power nation which probably got more IS cores than other nations. Point to note: Germany has ten IS cores.... there is definitely going to be some countries getting the shorter end. Probably third world nations being bullied into giving up their core because their economics can't support the development of IS cores. Considering that China have a certain dislike for Japan, they probably have their own ISA too.

Do Taiwan has IS cores? If so, that probably would cause lots of friction between it and China.

How about North Korea with South Korea? Will the introduction of IS result in more intense situation? North Korea can get quite aggressive too....which is something to think about (Possible out-break of IS war). Since IS development is rather expensive, what kind of IS technology are they developing? Do they still have third gen IS?

Since I don't study politics, those topics are too big for me to handle, I try to go for smaller stuff (something which people are familiar with):

Used of Drugs in IS competition. In our own real life Olympics, there are athletics who take drugs, so it is still a possibility that there are IS pilots would take drugs to enhance their performance. This lead to the problem of: Which nation's rep would do it?

Also, I don't believe that there is not a single case of Bullying in ISA. There are probably some bullying going on somewhere. My personal bet is Personal IS users against Non-personal IS users, since Cecilia mentioned before: Personal IS users are like elite and there is definitely going to be somebody getting high with being Elite/Special compared to others.

Politics and under-table deals is definitely going happen. However, the problem is: To what extent? At this point of time, I remember about Space Shuttle Challenger incident. Now, (Management versus actual expert) that's something fun to write. The higher-up get to choose the IS pilots regardless of the opinions of actual experts (aka IS developers). Resulting in good IS pilots actually pulling the over-all performance of the IS down due to lack of affinity with the Technology (Britain being exception to the rule though).
E.g. A IS specialized in Sniping being assigned to a pilot who is only good at close-combat.... resulting in the IS developing as Close-combat IS even though it would be a much more efficient unit if allowed to developed as a Long-range IS. This is the reason why I mentioned that Politics gets on the IS developers' nerves because the higher-up won't listen to the experts.

While the angry mobs are used as a gag, there is something serious about it. Why angry mob? Answer is simply because of sense of betrayal. Males who worked for IS companies are seen as traitors to other males because they helped to further the technology which "oppressed" males which leads to what I am trying to work on for months: Males are not actually being discriminated more than what we already have. The so-called discrimination only happened in their mind, milked by Media for all its worth, making it seems as if it really taken place when it clearly is not.

This leads to next question of:
Are males' sense of self-worth are only limited to fighting and war? I don't think so which is why the males in the Company are having a ball of a time (because IS make Sci-fic technology possible) while the rest of the male population are mopping and being depressed because of IS.

=
Those are the things I had been trying to find ways to write about using my limited writing skill and intelligence.

Post are usually long because I actually think them through (twice) while posting them (which is why I seldom post lots of single question like Eratas). When that happen, it usually get longer as I try my best to explain what I am trying to convey. It hardly make sense because I hardly have any Common Sense in the first place.

My Mind-screw is usually an attempt to do something original by twisting what people are familiar with into something which they are not (hence mind-screwing). Despite of my countless attempt, I think I am better off working on Original Story than actually using them as Fanfic ideas.

Edit: Eratas' questions are like Shotgun (multiple shots but he always get the answer he needs) while mine is more like Sniper Rifle RPG... which unfortunately lack the accuracy needed to hit the target.
Old 2013-01-29, 10:55   Link #40043
demino_hellsin
That one guy

@age: Yep. Don't ever restrain yourself man, you're one of a kind. I hope
Old 2013-01-29, 11:10   Link #40044
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Everyone chose form themselves

Oh, and resemblance with GEKKO is intentional, that... walker thing is heavy scout, it carries numerous light-class internal weaponry, but otherwise it's not intended for direct combat. Charles knew it, butt seeing it's at least 1.5 ton and carried more munition than Golem... well, why the hell not?
Old 2013-01-29, 11:11   Link #40045
demino_hellsin
That one guy

why not just make it a carrier? Kind of like armed with miniature fighter jets... that let it fly and shoot when equipped but can be deployed as bit like things...
Old 2013-01-29, 11:41   Link #40046
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

I'll consider that, but BT, Silent Zephyr, and to lesser extent Akatsubaki already fulfill 'Mother unit' role. Adding one more diminish the unique nature.
Old 2013-01-29, 11:46   Link #40047
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I suppose.

BT, SZ and god forbid Akatsubaki all felt like they had orbiting satellites around them than actual fighters. The fact they do one thing makes them feel more like a part of the unit than their own. The idea I suggested is taken from multiple gundam examples. Bits that are actually a stand alone craft. Which is mindbogglingly inefficient but epically sets itself apart from just standard remote units.
Old 2013-01-29, 12:10   Link #40048
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

I distinctly remember a mobile suit that use two freaking BALL as poor man attack drone

Also manned BITs, but I can't find the article.
Old 2013-01-29, 12:24   Link #40049
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Hazel, hyazentheley(can't remember well), Rasiel. Lots of gundams really. Just imagine strapping a couple fighters and apaches to a metal gear....
Old 2013-01-29, 12:36   Link #40050
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Hmmm....

True drone that unable to stay afloat and had to rely on pure aerodynamic lift...

Thanks for the input. I'll try to put two and two after I got a decent sleep.
Old 2013-01-29, 23:21   Link #40051
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

So the Arachne's legs can turn to guns as well... That would set up nicely for an ideal fight.
Old 2013-01-29, 23:26   Link #40052
DarkJak2050

And the ends can turn into blades for melee attacks.
DarkJak2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-30, 00:37   Link #40053
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

KF-704R Medium Battle Rifle Mk.II
Comprised of two weapon: 12.7mm Burst Rifle and 30mm Snub Cannon, designed for ease of use and capable of doing multiple task. Both weapon are hybrid design, using both explosive and magnetic force to accelerate their munition with smaller casing without loss of performance. It has extended sensor system for long range and indirect attack. The weapon become a standard issue for Pack Wolf, and further improved for it's more powerful brother, Gun Wolf.

Magnum
A semi automatic, .88 caliber Pistol. Designed by an anonymous soldier, it has no official name and thus called after it's bullet design. Despite not having penetrating power of normal rifle rounds, it pack considerable punch due to unusually high velocity and high density.

Anaconda
6-rounder Revolver built using .88 Magnum in mind, however, accelerator coil is built alongside it's longer barrel, increase it's maximum velocity by 70%. This however result in immense recoil that required Gun Wolf to use both hand instead of one, even though Anaconda is built sturdier and heavier than it's predecessor.
Old 2013-01-30, 00:55   Link #40054
demino_hellsin
That one guy

well... that escalated quickly.
Old 2013-01-30, 01:03   Link #40055
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Neither Magnum nor Anaconda do much against Absolute Defense actually (less than 20 and 30 damage respectively), but most S-size unit will thrown back by the impact force, only Golem and L-frame ByakuShiki can withstand it, and to lesser extent, heavy S-frame like Schwarzer series.

Both are used as CQC deterrent, since Gun Wolf has big problem in that regard due to it's sheer size. The Battle Rifle still weapon of choice in most situation due to versatile design.
Old 2013-01-30, 01:10   Link #40056
demino_hellsin
That one guy

That does make sense. guns with high stopping power are usually mid to close range to prevent enemies from getting close. They weren't designed to neutralize threats like rifles are.

On a completely separate note, I can't believe I have no idea how to write a chase scene. O.o
Old 2013-01-30, 01:16   Link #40057
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

You're not the only one, I have problem with HUMAN chase scene, instead. This is what stopped Sacred Twins on it's tracks.
Old 2013-01-30, 01:21   Link #40058
demino_hellsin
That one guy

well mine is human too... human and flying demon but that's besides the point.
Old 2013-01-30, 01:27   Link #40059
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

The biggest problem is that it had to look and sound natural, which is as you know, NOT my specialty.

That aside, I just remember that I had to write my own Thesis too.
Old 2013-01-30, 01:29   Link #40060
demino_hellsin
That one guy

good luck. I just finished my own thesis... drafts... shiz >.>

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest