AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-06-02, 08:32   Link #41
rei_lied

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrProphet View Post
Dream on. 8)

There won't enough manga material for the second season until 2012. 60 chapters for 27 episodes is a lot.

Say, the latest chapter is 73. Which leaves about 47 chapters to go. 47 months is equal to 4 years.
We can have fillers. Although I don't really like fillers. Anyway, didn't know that it will take that long. Why can't they release the manga chapters weekly?
Old 2007-06-02, 23:59   Link #42
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
I suspected that animators will modify the ending and gave us something different from the mangas. That sounds more plausible to me. How? I don't know.
Old 2007-06-03, 00:12   Link #43
Nesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
I like NoSanninWa's ending.

My biggest beef about the best plausible Claymore ending around the North Campaign is that I can never, not possibly see one ending that will allow the flashback about the half a pill of youma-suppressant to be integrated since it pretty much ruins the "abrupt" mood and chill following Rigardo's kills, Priscilla's words, and the seemingly "this is really really really the end for Clare and co." vibe from the hopeless North Campaign situation. That flashback nearly gave me donkey tears despite it's obvious simplicity, due to it's showcase of Claymore bonds that was beautiful, yet non-cheesy.

agreed, nsw's ending idea is the best, couldn't have come up wtih anything better than that :P

one thing that i love about claymore is the bond between some of the fellow warriors. it's not that cheesy crap u always see about we need to just project each aother and get stronger. you really feel as tho it's their last stand and there's nothing they can do but hope and pray it works. and one thing that really stands out is that characters do indeed die. and they don't just come back for no god damn reason lol
Old 2007-06-03, 13:54   Link #44
Enara
Riful #1 fan + Browncoat

hmmm i thing it will end right at the end of the norther arc. from what i see it is about 2 ep. per vol. and if it ends right at the middle of vol. 12 right befor the 7 year time skip but after that there might be a year or two wate
Old 2007-06-03, 19:42   Link #45
cajunman380

my thoughts...

Tehy should definately end the season (yes i said season) at the end of the northern campaign probably during the first scene with clarice and the seven swords. If they go off and make an original ending then it really wouldnt make sense and damage the series overall. I feel that they will generate more interest if they leave it as a cliffhanger. The beauty of it is. They can show new episodes in the form of ovas of arcs like they did with hunter x hunter. They way its set up, the ovas can cover major arcs of the story that only take months to finish and plus the quality would be excellent. and besides who wouldnt want to see the animated version of the mag 7s wardrobe. I think madhouse has a hit here and they could well establish something that could last.
Old 2007-06-03, 19:50   Link #46
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

I'd have to agree that it would be wonderful to see the series completed as OVA. The slow place of releasing OVAs would match wonderfully with the slow progress of the manga. It would give us a regular helping of Claymore and the bonus is that the animation quality would actually rise!

Yeah, that would be nice. Shame it happens so rarely.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2007-06-04, 23:36   Link #47
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

Imagine this:

Seven years after the Battle of Pieta.

It's snowing heavily in the Northern Country. A cloaked figure trudges wearily through the blizzard, and comes upon the ruins of Pieta. She's miserably cold, but even so, she startled by the scene of utter desolation. "So this is Pieta. There really is no sign of life here. I think the rendezvous point is further north," she thinks aloud.

She arrives at another town. This town is still fairly intact, but it's just as deserted as Pieta. She enters a room, and as her eyes adjust to the darkness, she sees three warriors dressed in grey sitting at the end of the room.

"Errr....I'm sorry I'm late," she says, as she takes off her hood, revealing a shock of brown hair.

"I'm Clarice. I am Number 47."

~~~ end of season ~~~
Old 2007-06-06, 20:23   Link #48
bkg9990
Singin Diamond Crevasse
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to bkg9990 Send a message via Yahoo to bkg9990
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyRedLeaf View Post
Imagine this:

Seven years after the Battle of Pieta.

It's snowing heavily in the Northern Country. A cloaked figure trudges wearily through the blizzard, and comes upon the ruins of Pieta. She's miserably cold, but even so, she startled by the scene of utter desolation. "So this is Pieta. There really is no sign of life here. I think the rendezvous point is further north," she thinks aloud.

She arrives at another town. This town is still fairly intact, but it's just as deserted as Pieta. She enters a room, and as her eyes adjust to the darkness, she sees three warriors dressed in grey sitting at the end of the room.

"Errr....I'm sorry I'm late," she says, as she takes off her hood, revealing a shock of brown hair.

"I'm Clarice. I am Number 47."

~~~ end of season ~~~
Just add the "7 missing claymores" on the graveyard and im good with it
Old 2007-06-06, 21:21   Link #49
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

Lol, actually no. That's precisely what I'm suggesting -- cut out the graveyard scene and save it for the next season (if there would ever be one).

I'm proposing the above ending mainly because I realised, while plotting the future episodes, that there simply isn't enough time to animate the whole sequence where Audrey's team gets clobbered by the Awakened Ones -- going by the available material, I imagine that it could take at least a whole episode to animate that scene, and not just 10 to 15 minutes.

At best, there should only be one episode left after the fall of Pieta, and I'd rather have that episode focus on how Black Alicia takes down 11 Awakened Beings like flies. That would set up expectations quite nicely for the future season -- viewers would want to see more of Alicia and Beth in the future.

There might even be enough time to show Isley and Luciela squaring up for battle -- although probably not enough time to portray the outcome.

With those scenes in mind for the final episode, I realise that there is probably only enough time left for a very short cliffhanger towards the end.

Hence, Clarice's entrance, and her introduction of being Number 47. I'd expect viewer reaction to be similar to the manga-reader's first reaction as well. Namely, "WTF? What happened to Clare? So, is she really KIA'ed after all? Are we getting a new protagonist for the rest of the story?"

And, scene closes. Viewer is left with many questions, and lots of expectations to be followed up with in the following season.
Old 2007-06-06, 21:55   Link #50
Negativedark
Proud Yuma Lover.

I dunno. Leaving the anime only people hanging for years, possibly forever could be cruel.

Maybe the actual plot will wrap up by the end of 25, and 26 will be a speical beauty contest episode?
Old 2007-06-06, 23:11   Link #51
lapchern

this could very well be another berserk where it ends at a very subtle cliffhanger
Old 2007-06-07, 01:35   Link #52
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapchern View Post
this could very well be another berserk where it ends at a very subtle cliffhanger
There was nothing even remotely subtle about the cliffhanger in Berserk. It was one of the biggest cliffhangers in the history of anime.

But yes, a cliffhanger does seem likely in Claymore.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2007-06-07, 01:52   Link #53
lapchern

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa View Post
There was nothing even remotely subtle about the cliffhanger in Berserk. It was one of the biggest cliffhangers in the history of anime.

But yes, a cliffhanger does seem likely in Claymore.
yes, it was quite tasteful

all kidding aside, i just think the feeling i get will be simlar to berserk because i'm pretty certain we won't get anymore episodes of claymore for several years due to its slow pace of relases, although 'zerk is much worse in terms of release schedule (and hence why it's been like a decade since the berserk anime's been out)
Old 2007-06-07, 02:59   Link #54
toxic_trance
~Anpan~
*Artist

Hmm..seeing the current pacing..i m sure now this series will end with the Northern Campaign and the silhouettes of the 7 Ghosts. So that is like till Vol 12 i guess.
Old 2007-06-07, 03:28   Link #55
Westlo
Lets be reality

I really don't see the fall of pieta ending in episode 25 or 26 at the current pacing unless the add in filler which I really don't think will happen. I'll be very suprised if the Northen Campaign is started after episode 18. Northen Campaign shouldn't take longer than 6 eps to animate which leaves plenty of time for Alicia and Beth, Isley Vs Luciela, Clarice and the 7 ghosts.
Old 2007-06-09, 22:13   Link #56
vietpimp

The best place to end is when Isley and Priscilla is talking and when she says how many lights is left. 3 lights, 2 lights, 1 now they are all gone. Then it shows Raki's face not knowing shit and then zooms out and end with the credit. This way the anime audience would think the anime actually ended without any cliffhangers. Its pretty crappy ending since the audience would think main char (Claire) would die in this scenario but meh its a conclusive ending instead of some cliffhanger.
Old 2007-06-09, 22:31   Link #57
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Ep24 will end with the end of Nothern Campaing. Ep25 and 26 will be dvd only and will show the aftermath. Galatea explanation and the Alicia/beth battle in 25. Luceria and Isely battle and Rafaela back story for 26. A Epilogue at the end of 26 will the 7 years after and End Claris waking up and finding the Grave yard of Swords.
Old 2007-06-10, 08:00   Link #58
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by vietpimp View Post
The best place to end is when Isley and Priscilla is talking and when she says how many lights is left. 3 lights, 2 lights, 1 now they are all gone. Then it shows Raki's face not knowing shit and then zooms out and end with the credit. This way the anime audience would think the anime actually ended without any cliffhangers. Its pretty crappy ending since the audience would think main char (Claire) would die in this scenario but meh its a conclusive ending instead of some cliffhanger.
It's also a pretty crappy ending because we would have to have filler episodes and /or drawn out scenes to have episode 26 end at that point.

At current pacing there is no way that the fall of Pieta will be during ep 26.
Old 2007-06-11, 18:00   Link #59
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
Actually the pacing is quite good, I am surprised they wrapped the Slasher arc in less than 4 episode. Perhaps ep 20- 26 will be on Peita arc? Who knows. And I still thinks that animators will give a different ending which is open ended and ambiguous.
Old 2007-06-13, 21:26   Link #60
Wake90

*Must be up to date on v13 Manga or this will be a Spoiler*

Well a vital element hasn't been filled in yet is Raki, since the 7 year jump.
Hmm, what could have taken place with this boy, telling the strongest of Awakens he wants to become stronger and being adopted by them intentionally. Obviously they had plans for the kid cuz i doubt they just wanted company, but they didn't get any other children meaning he's special. His state of mind may have changed drastically also being away from Clare for 7 years and finding a family to settle down with. I bet needing the power so badly they told him he could become an Awakened to do some good, not knowing the specific mental effects. That could very well have happened. Now how to make sure hes strong enough to make a real difference in battle he'd have to become a pretty strong Claymore before awakening, or does the natural amount of power only matter? If natural doesn't matter all that much he could very well be a formidable foe doubt the writers wouldn't make him weak.

Riful could do many things in this story like be a show of power for Alicia or maybe Isley. I'd bet she runs into Alicia first not seeing any other person to try to persuade to her side. Possibly kills Alicia's twin as persuasion or just dies as the show of power i mentioned.

Now say Clare and some sort of Posse (including Galatea maybe) clears all obstacles (Alicia possibly being one of them) and gets to Isley's home to find Raki awakened the possibilities are infinite but at least you know the battle will end between Clare, and Priscilla.

I don't believe they are stupid enough to drag the story on with more secret experiments and new races as Dragon Ball Z did and the Naruto fillers did, so disgraceful. Hopefully its similar to Trigun in the execution giving a good final ending. To do all this in the 13 episodes remaining will be something to really see and ill be watching.
Closed Thread