AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-05-03, 14:41   Link #201
nanafan
horo fan

i love this show!! can i save the last one for future use? lol
nanafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-04, 11:31   Link #202
Defron
Soy Bean

Watched episode 3, kept telling it not to end, but it ended! Now I can't wait for episode 4, that was really unfair to end it like that.

Also I just realized that the video playing in the background during the credits is the preview of the next episode .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kai Yukari View Post
These are fantastic!!! I want to use the 1st one, if you don't mind.
Sure go right ahead.
Defron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-04, 16:23   Link #203
nanafan
horo fan

yeah, i know i look to see a preview and it's not there but in the credits..lol
Old 2008-05-05, 13:47   Link #204
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
this series don't get enough love.

Old 2008-05-05, 14:03   Link #205
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Ok so after massive amounts of bitching by me about this series i have actually warmed up to it. I guess it just took getting over the first episode to make me realize it. By no means is it going to be a favorite on my list this season but it has become quite entertaining. Now all this could change it depends on the phases of the moon and if the planets are going to be aligned in the next couple of months.
Old 2008-05-05, 22:09   Link #206
nanafan
horo fan

ep 4 was great.
Spoiler for episode 4:
i love this show... books and guns=great combo.
Old 2008-05-07, 07:55   Link #207
usagijen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onizuka-GTO View Post

...agreed

I do hope I'll be able to finish the posts I have in mind for Toshokan Sensou and show my undying love for it lol XD
usagijen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-07, 08:24   Link #208
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

It's the quality (of love) and not the quantity that counts.

As far as I can tell, most of the discussions are taking place in various anime blogs, not here. That's probably why this thread seems rather quiet. Toshokan Sensou is by far my favourite anime of Spring '08, followed closely by Kure-nai.
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-07, 12:56   Link #209
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Hmmmm, yeah, Toshokan Sensou is definitely in my top five "to watch" for the season. Whether it has enduring value to me will depend on how the whole story unfolds. I will say the framework in which the "classic fighting romance" occurs stimulates many more brain cells than most of the other "rom-coms" being offered
Old 2008-05-07, 14:27   Link #210
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Meh I'd say its enjoyable, but I wouldn't go as far as saying I love it. I guess I was disappointed that the show wasn't alittle more serious with its subject matter since its been awhile since I saw a good show focusing on censorship...Instead it's turned out to be a fluffy pseudo military romance thing of sorts.

Some decent characters though and thats usually more then enough to keep my attention in the end.

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-07, 16:55   Link #211
nanafan
horo fan

i admit that i thought it would be more serious, but i still like it. it has a good amount of action, comedy, etc. i can't wait for the next ep
Spoiler for episode 5:
Old 2008-05-07, 23:40   Link #212
kaura117
Word Moe

This is the Best Show Ever. Militant librarians against the fascist, armed forces of censorship! Information wants to be FREED! LET MY TEXTBOOKS GO!

/rant /rant /rant

Seriously, I love this series, and I'm glad I was pointed in its direction. Nothing else has spoken so clearly and specifically at my First Amendment geek before!
kaura117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-07, 23:47   Link #213
Defron
Soy Bean

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaura117 View Post
This is the Best Show Ever. Militant librarians against the fascist, armed forces of censorship! Information wants to be FREED! LET MY TEXTBOOKS GO!

/rant /rant /rant

Seriously, I love this series, and I'm glad I was pointed in its direction. Nothing else has spoken so clearly and specifically at my First Amendment geek before!
Aye.

As others have said, I would like some more focus on the censorship issue.

Don't get me wrong, I looorrve the show the way it is, and is quite possibly my favorite this season.

Can't wait to watch ep 4.

Last edited by Defron; 2008-05-08 at 00:00.
Defron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-08, 07:28   Link #214
arkon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onizuka-GTO View Post

At least it's getting love from the subbers, which is far more important to me to be honest.
arkon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-08, 09:03   Link #215
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimichi View Post
Meh I'd say its enjoyable, but I wouldn't go as far as saying I love it. I guess I was disappointed that the show wasn't alittle more serious with its subject matter since its been awhile since I saw a good show focusing on censorship...Instead it's turned out to be a fluffy pseudo military romance thing of sorts.

Some decent characters though and thats usually more then enough to keep my attention in the end.
yeah.

I wish they added more on the military action, been starved of the gun love since season one of Gunslinger Girls. you would think i should like Golgo 13 more, but the fact that Library Wars feature cute girls is +1, while Golgo 13 is pretty much GAR. different criteria, IMHO.

But oh well, i'll take what i can.
Old 2008-05-08, 13:13   Link #216
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaura117 View Post
Guess what I found?

Statement on Intellectual Freedom in Libraries
- Japanese Library Association (1979)

Quote:
It is the most important responsibility of libraries to offer collected materials and library facilities to the people who have the Right to Know as one of their fundamental human rights.

In order to fulfill their mission, libraries shall recognize the following matters as their proper duties, and shall put them into practice.

Article 1 : Libraries have freedom in collecting their materials.

Article 2 : Libraries secure the freedom of offering their materials.

Article 3 : Libraries guarantee the privacy of users.

Article 4 : Libraries oppose any type of censorship categorically.

When the freedom of libraries is imperiled, we librarians will work together and devote ourselves to secure that freedom.

1. Freedom of libraries can be an important indicator of evaluating the development of democracy in a country. Whenever the freedom is going to be violated, we, who are very concerned about developing libraries for the people, will react to the violation together. In order to organize such a professional reaction, it is indispensable that we constantly manage libraries in a democratic way and develop esprit de corps among library workers toward this goal.

2. The action of ensuring the freedom of libraries is a part of the struggle of ensuring the freedom and human rights. We are responsible to secure the freedom of libraries by cooperating with groups of people, organizations and private individuals who would share similar objectives with us.

3. Support and cooperation of the people can be obtained only from the people who have experienced the precious value of the freedom of libraries through their library experiences. In order to secure such support and cooperation, we shall devote ourselves to developing daily library services.

4. In the activities ensuring the freedom of libraries, librarians who eagerly worked for the freedom might be treated unfavorably by an authoritarian viewpoint of their governing body. To prevent such a political and personnel treatment beforehand, or at the worst, after it was taken, the Japan Library Association will extend a helping hand to the person who suffered by the treatment. It will be regarded as one of the important roles of the association.
RAAAAWWWRRR!!!!!

About the Japanese Library Association:
Quote:
The Japan Library Association (JLA), founded in 1892, has continuously promoted the development of libraries and librarianship, and its activities has been supported by countless dedicated librarians for over 100 years. JLA represents all type of libraries and related organizations in Japan and consists of 6,700 individual members and 2,800 institutional members. In 2001, JLA held its 87th All-Japan Library Conference.

JLA’s mission consists of four basic policies:
  • to be the national information center for all libraries and librarians in Japan
  • to be an education, training, and career development center for librarians
  • to cooperate and coordinate all kinds of libraries and library organizations
  • to promote and support international relations activities.
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-08, 14:04   Link #217
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Outstanding find and RAAAAWWWRRR!!!!! indeed...
Old 2008-05-08, 15:11   Link #218
Kakulukiam
FMP*Addict
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Outstanding find and RAAAAWWWRRR!!!!! indeed...

Spoiler for Dojo Fanservice:
Old 2008-05-08, 16:34   Link #219
Kaijin
かいじん

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakulukiam View Post

Spoiler for Dojo Fanservice:
Hello?!
Old 2008-05-08, 16:41   Link #220
nanafan
horo fan

nice thanks for the dojo fanservice, he's a hottie. that's an interesting find lol it's close to the ideas in library war. i think they should do that kind of stuff in the us, since there are so many banned books, course this is coming from someone who hopes to be a librarian.

Tags
noitamina, production i.g.